What's stopping governments from banning banks transfering cash for cryptos and vice versa if cryptos get too big...

What's stopping governments from banning banks transfering cash for cryptos and vice versa if cryptos get too big? I don't see where the financial freedom comes in when you're still slave to the fiat and their institutions to spend it. I can see how its an investment but being free from the government is kind of silly.

The banks arent transfering shit you retard. You give fiats to the exchange, the exchange gives you coins. Bank doesnt really know if its "cryptomoney"

>What's stopping governments from banning banks transfering cash for cryptos
Nothing. But even in creepy countries like China and Russia they haven't resorted to that.

Consider this: as crypto currencies gain popularity, the total percentage of shady transactions shrinks, because fraudsters discovered Bitcoin a long time ago, and normies are just catching up. As a result, it's not likely that the government will be more aggressive that it is now.

heres the thing. bitcoin is global. the only true attack governments can have is to internationally come together and ban crypto. any smart country will see an advantage to being the few to let it flourish, so its highly unlikely ALL governments will ban it. the shits out of the bag, bitcoin is much stronger than people think

Then governments can ban exchanges from bank tranafers. All bank transactions are still regulated by the government.

You can't prohibit people from freely utilizing their money you cum-gargling wagie.
That would make me grab my ar-15 and camping in front of said bank.

Wait, don't tell me you are from europe user!

In order to buy crypto currency, you usually transfer money from your bank account to a respective crypto seller. That's what he was talking about.

Then I'll open a bank account in swiss and move my shit in a 3-way route. You can not regulate money transfers. Only thing crypto allows: Noone knows how or where you made your mad dosh

So?
You can't prohibit the target bank account from receiving funds. That sounds unconstitutional.

On a second thought, that would effectively signal the beguinnning of the big brother vs crypto war. Can't say the price would drop. Cold stored wallets would be treasures.

>Then I'll open a bank account in swiss
That is not possible anymore these days. Google about Automatic Exchange of Information. Basically this is a new international agreement for banks to automatically send out information about their clients' accounts to their respective taxation authorities.

Receiving money for cryptos can be technically declared an illegal activity. But, as I said earlier, even in the less free countries there's no sign of this being implemented.

You know governments regularly freeze bankassets of people they dont like, right? So sjw is the freedom?

>sjw
Where

Also banks in the past were fined for allowing illegal transfers to drug lords.

They don't have to ban bitcoins. They can just regulate their fiat is what I'm saying.

That would be fundamentally impossible to stop, short of removing all internet access from the country itself.

Its also fundamentally impossible to distinguish crypto-currency traffic from the rest of the internet since it'd require decryption first.
Since none of that is feasible on the fly in real time, I'd say it'd be near impossible to police and therefore enforce on the street level.

Wallet hosts could be attacked since those are hosted on regular servers I suppose....but security would quickly spring up to quickly transfer funds to other wallets hosted on different physical servers.

Its like trying to take down magnet-link torrenting.

Hey, I am kinda new to this... anyone knows a good recourse that talks about market trends that help you predict incoming loss or growth?

>buy crystalball
>???
>get rich

>You can't prohibit people from freely utilizing their money you cum-gargling wagie.
Yes you can,
>what are taxes
>what is asset freeze
>what are contraband laws
>what is fiat currency
For God's sake, it's the only country in the world iirc where you have to declare having made $10,000 or more in the country upon leaving. The Patriot Act is more about money laundering and wire transfers than surveillance and torture.

Government's are almost solely about preventing you from freely utilizing your money.

>lets fine a bank
>bank simply changes recipients account to a higher number than before
>and hopes to god people dont rush the bank
>"sorry officer we wont do that again"
>fractional reserve lending is a bitch.

This war is a real possibility. Technology is always way ahead of the state and the state always has to play catch up.

In the next couple of years when crypto payment is mainstream crypto transactions will starve governments of HUGE amounts of tax revenue.

If the worlds richest moved their assets into crypto to escape tax they would have massive leverage over states.

First you would have crypto funded pro crypto lobbies.

The next step would be a crypto funded "private security" (militia) that could stage a coup.

The only reason the state has control now is the regulation of tax and money supply when they lose that they lose everything.

>The banks arent transfering shit you retard.
>You can't prohibit people from freely utilizing their money you cum-gargling wagie.

The ignorance is mind-blowing.
Wells-Fargo is blocking access to hundreds of millions of USD in Bitcoin exchanges right now.

>being this retarded

Like Waterworld, but everybody has a trezor and everything is powered by ETH.

>Cryptos
>Ever getting too big

CAN'T BACK OUT NOW

Never been to water world. Elaborate?
Big change is coming. The technology is already here and use will continue to grow as more tech savvy youngsters grow up.

Most people invested in crypto are under 35. The more we promote its adoption and accept if for payment of our services and businesses the more power we will wield 20 years down the line. Think what the world was like 20 years ago. Asia will lead the way in this anyway considering their tax dodging culture and technological advancement.