/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Got a whole new perspective on the world thanks to the magic of Collector's Edition
>Shadows Die Twice trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=iWFgvbf_Zu8

>DaS1 Remaster announced
youtube.com/watch?v=Dl4BiWdW5Ek

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Shitposter filter lists for Veeky Forums X users
pastebin.com/fZHW0a8b

>Character Planners
mugenmonkey.com/
soulsplanner.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1X57UrBP6agjk1heiYS7fOzhK67TYDXAoTvRHOFwoabc/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v2CvokiwOXE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED

HE IS LITERALLY 10000 LEVELS ABOVE ME YOU PIECE OF SHIT

HE JUST ONE SHOTS ME WHILE I DONT DEAL ANY DAMAGE TO HIM

>get invaded by the same guy over and over again
Protip, Armorer Dennis is not a player. Git gud and kill him.

Be honest. How many times have you bought Dark Souls?
Will you buy the Remaster? Which platform? Would you date me?

Dualwielding sellsword L1 looks like you're swinging two wet towels around. I bet it'd hurt just as much.

>and not enough people want to invade
It's actually more that not enough people wear Way of Blue. There are plenty of invaders, just that the pool of blueberries is massive compared to the pool of Way of Blue wearers.

just need the wet infusion and youre set

Velka be damned.

>he doesn't know

anyone got a saint bident on PC? I wish to try the pokey pokey life on Highwall.
password is: mistake

I bought ds1 on pc for $40 after having played it heavily on ps3 only because it received the dlc 30 days early.

I bought sotfs for $10 because of the different experience, even though I had played ds2 + all dlc on ps3 already.

Probably going to get the switch version for the new experience as well

The best souls game ever made was Proto Dark Souls 2

prove me wrong

I bought it for the PS3 and 360.
I will buy it for the PS4, possibly the Switch and PC in the far future with great reservations.

Are you a decent looking girl with cute and smol feetsies?

Good HA pyro weapons? Something to wipe a crowd away with? Dark exile? Should I chaos infuse it for ripostes, or does the chaos bug only affect weapons with high crit multipliers?

Dark Souls: only once, the PTDE edition, PC
Dark Souls 2: Both vanilla and the Scholar edition, PC
Dark Souls 3: only once, PC
Will definitively buy the remaster.
won't date you but wouldn't mind co-oping the remaster with you.

Is Sunlight Spear worth it, or is GLS just as good? What other offensive Miracles in 3 are useful? Trying to plan on a DEX/FAI build without having used Miracles.
So far its
>Lightning Arrow, GLS, Great Heal, and Emit Force

Give me a good Leo Ring build for DaS3, I want to poke things to death.

Someone redpill me on a low or mid sl level Pyro build, recently got invaded at sl 40 by a pyro with CBV, BF, Firesurge and whip whilst rocking a curved sword, shit looked fun af,

quality lucerne

GLS will save you a fair bit of FP but bear in mind that you need to be able to outtrade people to make miracles worthwhile.

The only offensive miracles worth using are Lightning Arrow, Sunlight Spear and Lightning Stake. Maybe also Lightning Storm if you have the slots for it.

The more I think about it, the more appealing Dark Souls on the Switch sounds. The only other game I've ever bought three times was OoT.

Dark Zweihander if you want a proper big boy weapon, Dark Claymore or Onyx Blade otherwise. Most other HA weapons have too high Str/Dex requirements.

Once for each game on PC and I'm getting the remaster. I'd get Demon's Souls in a heartbeat but probably not Bloodborne.
The newest home console I have is my brother's Gamecube, and the only TV I had to play it and my brother's PS2 on was a tiny ass CRT (screen is like 6x6 inches) that I now use for my SNES, and it's at my parent's place because I don't even have room for that where I live.
I can't imagine how hellish it'd be to play Dark Souls on such a small screen.

lucerne and RHH

Dark Souls: PS3, PC
Dark Souls II: PS3, PS4(SotFS), PC, PC(SotFS)
Dark Souls III: PS4, PC

I'll buy the remaster for PS4 and PC

pickaxe

Looks like Nintendo has confirmed they will have exclusive content in regards to Dark Souls: Remastered. How does you feel about that?

According to reddit rumors are

-Unique Armor Set
-Unique Weapon
-Unique Shield
-Unique Boss Fight
-Unique Boss Arena

I'll buy the remaster for PS4 Pro since it'll be running 60fps, but I'll get it for Switch as well since handheld mode seems comfy to lay down in bed with.

Quality works well with the Lucerne? And should I invest in a Greatshield, or a Small one?
Will I be locked into Dex for this, or could I go Quality like that other user suggested?
I'll save that for the Darkest Dungeon Grave Robber run.

This has been confirmed to be fake.

Ill even let ya stab me in the face if you need vertebra for mound makers. you know you want it.

other than solaire, which NPC's are canon homosexuals?

>user hates Dark Souls 2
>user is shit at it
C L O C K W O R K

>no link
Sure, I'll believe you.

It'll be 30fps, though. So, I guess only the handheld mode is really worth it.

What I'm curious about, what will online activity be like on Switch? Will it be far less crowded than say PS4? Take a guess.

why am I a clockwork you fucking retard?

>Nameless King

Dodge to my left or his left?

Your left.

Everyone who comes here to bitch about DS2 is garbage, and you continue this reliable trend.

Yours. Keep trying user, remember, it took Lobro over 150 tries to beat Orphan.

But his left keeps seeming to work better. . .

Rule of thumb for souls games is dodging to the left. If dodging to the right is better you're doing something weird.

Except that dodging to the right is how you easily beat Pursuer, Dragonrider, Old Ornstein and any number of other bosses in DaS2.

I love Sen's Funhouse so much. Best invasions.

>it took Lobro over 150 tries to beat Orphan
on a fists only run/other meme run?

This is the single worst boss in the entire Souls series. This boss is literally every single dogshit aspect about Souls bosses combined into one. It is THE WORST boss in the series.

youtube.com/watch?v=v2CvokiwOXE

153 tries

I need a comedown game to play after getting riled up from DS2.
Just need something east to space out with and be relaxing.
I was thinking of Journey, but I don't think it's long enough to be very effective.
Any suggestions?

It has literally no aspect in common with any boss in any of the games except Wolnir and Bed of Chaos though.

ah im dumb as fuck, i didn't realise you meant his brother
i dont understand why people have trouble on this boss, im a complete shitter yet ive never died to him

Animal Crossing.

>implying he's worse than Gaping Dragon

Lothric and Lorian and Gwyndolin.

>ds2fag keeps doing his pathetic damage control
This is one of the main reasons I hate ds2. Not the game itself even though it's bad too. But the cock gobbling ds2 cultists why try to convince themselves and others that everyone who doesn't like their favorite game must be bad at the game or a troll. But somehow this never applies when DS2fags complain about "infinite stamina" of DS3 enemies or bosses.

Me neither. And he did Luwdig on his second or third try.

Different people have different experiences with bosses, the important is doing it, no matter how many times it took.

cute

Eh, it's better than Crystal Sage imo

I agree 100%.
I think it's worse than bed of chaos.

thats true, which is why boss difficulty rankings are so useless
hell, my personal hardest bloodborne boss is rom-chan

it's awesome, fighting him with a bow is pretty neat

What's the best quality weapon for Dark Souls 1?

40/40 STR/DEX, and I want to go light enough for Darkwood Grain.

>giant oversized boss with camera issues
>retarded "only can damage at certain spots" gimmick
>attacks by turning its entire body into a hitbox and spinning around in a circle
>first stage spawns endless enemies to bother you
>obnoxious stage transition
>command grab
>poison slow barf
>dead end forces you to bonfire and warp out

FRC Rom is nightmarish, user, nothing wrong with that.

>congregation

I only have the original one, and I'm not sure I could put any more time into that. Not a terrible idea, though.
Anything else?

You forgot to mention the egg hitboxes are completely broken and trying to hit them with anything but a ss is fucking impossible. That one on his back is the worst offender, even with Yhorm's somehow you don't reach it, but swing a SS near it and suddenly the hitbox connects.

Damn, invading as Sorcerer at low soul levels is so sad, especially when people roll every single cast.
The only way to kill someone is abusing farron flashsword and soul greatsword and this works until you're out of blue estus which you almost don't have.
The only thing that happens after that is using your normal even raw weapon like longsword and scratching your enemy to death.

>filename
holy shit

i always have trouble with the regular rom, every playthrough, always 20+ attempts before i manage to kill the bitch

>>ds2fag
>singular
Stop.

I have the same problem with One Reborn. That's why I always ask for help on /bbg/

>tfw One Reborn is one of the few Souls bosses that I actually beat on my first try

Use heysel's pick, its R1 true combos into soul greatsword

bed is worse but I'll agree that this boss has extremely trash design.

I hate this boss so much I always leave him for later so I can destroy him in seconds with a +10 weapon. If I need a boss weapon I just ask someone to drop it for me.

Can someone post a screenshot of a clean (no pvp watchdog, dsfix, sweetfx etc.) DS1 folder?
I've been fucking around with mods and now my game wont launch, so I wanna delete all 3rd party files.
My internet is shit so I can't be fucked to delete it all and re-download

3, yes, ps4, no

I like the damage gimmick, especially it means that retards who only know to mash R1 will keep dying to it over and over.

What is the problem? If it's the meteors you can dodge those by running and circling her diagonally. I do Rom on first try pretty much invariably.

>Dark Souls
Xbox
PS3
PC
>Dark Souls 2
Xbox
Scholar PC
>Dark Souls 3
PS4
PC

Elemental infusions always lead to problems like mages being better melee than actual melee builds but what other solution there is?
Let's say infusions are only physical, how can you solve the problem of mages needing a side weapon?

oh yeah i saw that, i dont think it's real tho

>he doesn't go straight for the testicles in the first phase and then get a bow and treat the second phase like an archery mini-game

If the game won't give you fun, create it yourself.

Not every character has stats for a bow.

once
I got DS1 on sale for like 5 dollars and every other copy of the game I have is shared

I'm playing through Dark Souls for the first time and I'm 5-6 shotting every single boss except Sif with the Zweihander and taking 0 damage just putting my shield up. Is this supposed to be happening?

Physical infusions were a mistake.

baby spiders + AoE attacks + meteors randomly targeting me instead of my summon halfway through the attack + my playstyle not matching the boss

They are the only reason pure physical builds are even able to compete with 30/30 dark infusions what are you talking about.

>Elemental infusions always lead to problems like mages being better melee
except the don't

>what is 30/30 dark infused

hey I just killed some little blue guy in a cell in DS3. He's the lautrec of this game, right?

if the only bosses you fought are the minotaur and capras demon then yeah that's normal but if not then you must be grinding/overleveled

Yeah dude, total asshole

why is every ultra greatsword in ds3 quality

>give Yhorm regular health and have him play out like any normal boss fight
>throw in the Stormruler reference for the Ancient Wyvern boss

Was it so hard? We could've walked away with a 10/10 boss.

What are some of the best invasions you guys have taken part in?

I can't into Dark Souls 3 matchmaking; if my highest upgraded weapon is +8, am I in the same tier as people who have +10 weapons?

???
Propaned is quality and... That's about it.

He'd still be a mediocre boss just not offensively bad

Literally this, the real problem with mages/casters is that they can buff really fast weaponry like the falchion so their damage output is comparable to Ultra weapons.
Physical infusions are a good idea, but refined and raw were shite ideas. Same with dark; that should've only remained in niche spells, or just inflicts more stamina damage.