/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Gave up after 250 Hintertombs: >New players read this then finish the game without spoilers: i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>NEWS:
-Dec 7/2017: Shadows Die Twice teaser - youtube.com/watch?v=OAYhXKC0LJ8
-Dec 26-29: Unused bosses & test areas are now safe chalices that anyone can use - i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png
-Jan 11/2018: Dark Souls 1 Remaster announced for PC, XBONE, PS4 and Switch, releasing May 25

>Helpful links:
-/bbg/ Resource Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
-Wiki: bloodborne-wiki.com/
-Build planner: mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
-AR calculations: pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>Chalices:
-How to unlock FRCs for spelunks, fight clubs & gem farming: i.imgur.com/0AwN4Lo.jpg
-Gem farming chalices: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gems: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-Edited chalices: i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png (Unused bosses, test areas, early runes/weapons)

>PVE - Spelunking:
-Spelunks happen, join em, host em
-Set the chalice to Open and region to Worldwide
-Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/WJXCN0Y.png
-Pthumeru: n6rc9jh8
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.png

>FAQ:
Q: Where do I get/put the best gems? A: bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
Q: How do I setup arcane builds? A: i.imgur.com/73dnuUm.jpg
Q: How to access the DLC? A: i.imgur.com/XaRuxgF.png
Q: Did I miss a quest? A: i.imgur.com/Uzg8XI6.png
Q: Is this game active for coop and pvp? A: Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wwx80MpmyJc
bloodborne.wikidot.com/level#toc2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

PURGE FILTH

Purge this!
Also 3rd for choir girls

When you were hosting your hugbox FCs, I studied the Chikage.

When you were spelunking with your merry little band, I mastered the Evelyn.

While you wasted your days purging filth, I was gathering blood for my Queen.

And now that the Dream is on fire and the redditors are at the gate you have the audacity to come to me for help?

>girls
>manliest chin in existence

Image ruins it desu

Fine
Better picture
It's pretty hard to see full details with thumbnails

terrible image choice for an op

>this coming from a beast

How do i kill the giant spider in the Nightmare of Mensis? He's got ridiculous attack power and range, he's really fast for being a fat fuck, and even when I take out all of his cronies one by one before dropping him down he still kicks my ass. Is there a secret to this or is it among the last of the base game's git gud moments?

Just stick to his sides, man.

>Get summoned for Ludwig despite the host starting the fight already
Oh well

I have never once stopped to actually fight him, and I don't think you should either

>redditors are at the
We need a Big Red photoshop posthaste.

>waiting to get summoned
>see white ghosts standing around doing the same
FUCKING Ludwig let me play the rest of the dlc

Farming cursed blood gems for the 1st time. Are the curses really that negative? If I use one that’s negative is atk against beast down 11.7 gonna really be a huge con using it against them even if it buffs my weapon’s ATK hugely? If the curses do matter, which one’s should I be trying to get if I’m just looking for one to increase my Physical attack? I’m just farming the watchers for Tempering ones btw

ATK down against kin or beast is great for PVP. Weapon durability down sucks. For PVE, stamina increase is probably best.

Anybody help me with this martyr guy in cainhurst?

Pw speget

coming

Bloodborne's monocular run may be one of the hardest games I have ever played. I'm glad it's almost over desu.

>literally part of the church just as executioners
>feels the neet to start a quarrel
dum choirslut

Thats shows some serious [RESOLVE] desu

I participated in the monocular-only FRC spelunk and it wasn't that bad. Torch one was pretty nightmarish though,

Have we ever done a Rifle Spear charge only spelunk? I meant to do one, but never got around to it.

As banale as it is, was there ever a fist only spelunk? The damage is probably too abysmal for a sany person to have enough dedication to finish it in one go though.

I would imagine someone has in the past. I remember that a very brave trio once did Fist of Gratia only.

I'd like to do more bl43/downscale spelunks, sadly the second one never got finished because ball and chain giant was 2 tuff, drove one of the spelunkers mad

What's the story on that old weirdo on the chair who points you to where Rom is? How does a blind old man that can barely move survive so long?

>I remember that a very brave trio once did Fist of Gratia only.
FoG does more damage than a torch though and it was after the Olympus was almost conquered.
Okay, I am just salty I didn't get to participate in that one.
I would personally like to make a fanclub of bl43 Hintertomb spelunks just in hopes we encounter something interesting, shame most bl43 builds are actually fully gemmed so it wont be an actual challenge.

You can only find this shit in fextra.

Anyone here interested in helping a mate through the game for some twink shit

if anyone here has a BL4 that can host spelunks, it would make the depth 1 chalices interesting to look at. i doubt anyone's made the effort to spelunk those ones

that's big willy

I wish NG+ allowed me to completely recomp my build.

I wish there was a way to respec at all

So I wanna get the beast claws really badly, they're in the ailing loran chalice right? Do I have to clear the others before I get to it or can I go right in once I get it?

Why do blood dreg sperms look like amygdala heads?

You pretty much need to do other dungeons 'till you get enough materials etc. to perform the ritual for it.

Woops, didn't mean to quote

is there any way to do this without breaking the game? 200k blood echoes to Respec on first playthrough

DS2 and DS3 did it fairly well. Make it cost an item and also break certain npc quest chains so it is a commitment. or just make it cost a lot of souls. It's a shame you can still quit glitch the DS3 respec

Lore me this, /bbg/

Why does the very last chest in the main story, right before Mergo's Wet Nurse, contain the blood of a character who got kin'd long before you ever get there?

Is it the same reason Izalith is populated by dragon asses, or is there a deeper meaning?

That's not true, I only did up to lower pthumeru chalice. After that you can farm blood (4) from some snatchers close to the entrance of the very first floor
>Get the chalice from old yarhnam
>Complete up to lower pthemeru to be able to farm bloods
>Get materials from nightmare frontier
>kill amygdala
>Make first layer of ailing loran with your farmed bloods and materials from nightmare frontier
>kill easily parried boss
>run straight to the claws
Afterwards get carried through ludwig and laurence for maximum fun with the beast embrace.

>spend the last 100 hours of gameplay in chalice dungeons and doing pvp
>start new game to do a different build
>die to rookie shit all the time because I try to rush through the game

Can someone come help me with Rom in Lower Poo plz? I'm a bit low lvl.
pass bbg

And 4th layer too :D

Same here man, after beating playthrough I died to so much inane shit due to relying on my level that it's frankly just embarrassing.

you can do what the other replies say, or
>kill bsb
>clear pthu chalice
>make a depth 1 root pthu chalice
>go to chalice "fearrfan"
>run to the coffin in the prelamp and get the Uncanny Beast Claw

Anybody?

Wish I knew that before I got my regular claws, at least the experience was enjoyable since I ran a NG strength build instead of my usual dex.

Thanks hibiki

5mil would be a fair price, I think.

How about your entire soul level to respec? Makes it relatively easy at the start for general fuck-ups and at the endgame when swimming in millions of chalice echoes.

any interest in an impromptu?

I'd rather that 5mil. You don't really need to respec in early game. What I'd like to see is an option to leveldown like in NiOh, so if you fuck up your first character, you can still save him for pvp meta levels.

Durability down is not that bad. The cost of having literally no notable downsides is that you need to repair your weapon frequently. Wow.

>finally bother to finish all chalices for the first time
>let's try some co-op quick search to help randoms through this slog
>only ever summoned for defiled amy
>host always gets bounced on

I used to take over those fights and cheese Amy to death, these days I keep getting fucking landed on. I need to practice Amy pretty badly.

amy is trol

>tfw I'm that random
I don't know if I'll ever get a second character through chalice dungeons due to my horrifying memories from amygdala.

I'm running a pure strength build. It's my understanding that regular beast claws have the best blood gem shapes

Thank you for the 44 seconds of pure nothing, pleasure wasting my life watching that.

The extra time added to the suspense, I had an audible chuckle at the death after waiting for so long.

the point of the false depth chalices isn't to get your endgame weapon variant but to be 'true to your character' as early as possible. By the time you're getting the good gems, you're at the end game and getting a +10 regular beast claw shouldn't be an issue.

>people unironically struggle with defiled amy
literally just walk behind its tail and make it jump lol, easiest boss in the dungeon not even kidding

this was answered in the last 2 threads. just ctrl-f "iosefka" and it will pop up.

Just wanna say that I respect the people that farm the top tier gems, I never knew how hard it was. You guys earned the damage you do to me in pvp.
Got my first bolt abyssal +bolt today and I'm super proud of it.
Time for hotdog for my fire abyssal!

What if the constable set also had peaked cap as part of it, but Master's Iron Helm was alternative part of the set?

>paying respect to autistic neets who spend possibly hundreds of hours korean grinding pixels to kill new players on twink characters

Hey gem user, i almost forgot but here.i think the brightness is good too

This Bloodborne speedrun is fucking great.

t. new player

what speedrun?

>just got the 3rd clawmark rune
pppfffftttttt....i need to get those Irythll sinister chalices since those are the last ones i need

youtube.com/watch?v=wwx80MpmyJc
It isn't quite Bonesaw levels of "how did he get away with this?" but it's entertaining.

guy is so fucking full of himself though

It's not like the Tranny Casting Couch is allowed to talk at AGDQ anymore.

Not really, he's having a good time. Needs to make up for the couch being quiet.

I just killed Ebrietas in about seven hits and I'm feeling pretty good about myself

Quick, bring me down

Is this loss?

You're a disappointment to your parents.

You didn't notice that the love of your life loved you back.

Then the constable set would also have a peaked cap as part of it, but Master's Iron Helm would be an alternative part of the set

You will never match the resolve of Monty Oum.

You have quite literally the worst taste in outfits among us.

Aw man

Does Bloodborne scale down passworded dudes who are significantly higher level?

>Have more trouble with One-Hit Giant than Amygdala

I just realized you can tell exactly what level your adversary was in PVP by the amount of blood echoes they drop when they die. As an invader, you get 10% of what it costs the host to level up for winning, and I think as a host you get 30% of what it would cost the invader to level up.

Just use this:
bloodborne.wikidot.com/level#toc2
...and multiply the blood echoes you got for winning by 10 if you're the invader (or by 3.333333 if you were the host) and see which level it matches up with

Need halp?

yes. It reduces your health to better match that of your beckoner, and gimps your damage output to better match theirs as well

Nah, I just went to another dungeon entirely. I'm just more amazed at how something so simple can be harder than Amygdala.

Amy is way easier.
The Undead Giant is AIDS Cancer.

Where do I go after cleric beast? I ran through the sewers I have no idea what to do next pls help

what's your anti-Kin weapon?
I use a +10 Tonitrus with these gems:

+19.3% ATK UP, weapon durability UP +5.4 (Nourishing gem, radial)
+21.5% ATK UP, add bolt ATK +15, (Nourishing abyssal, triangle)
+27.2% ATK vs the Kin UP, (Kinhunter gem, waning)

all cursed with Beast-down.

I only have 20 STR and 15 ARC, but I can do about 588 damage per R1 attack to Rom with this.

Amygdala is considered hard?
I just beat her in the main game without even realizing what I was doing, half the fight trying to hit her tail, then i just unloaded all my quicksilver bullets on her face