/vrg/ - Virtual Reality General

>Full Body Edition
>FIND THE UPDATED VR APPLICATIONS PASTEBIN LINK FROM 20+ THREADS AGO PLEASE)

>General VR resources
vrwiki.wikispaces.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality_headset
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_virtual_reality_headsets

>Oculus rift setup guide
pastebin.com/QgHwLq8R

>Htc Vive setup guide
pastebin.com/QNc18zHd

>Recommended VR applications/games (someone fucking find the updated pastebin from like 20 threads ago)
pastebin.com/KgBr4kCh

>VRChat resources and tutorials
pastebin.com/X89faD2r

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

bowlrollDOTnet/file/1958
steamcharts.com/app/746930#48h
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

link me to this character model

what worlds are user friendly?

>grab a swing dance animation from mixamo
>avatar just hovers in place, flailing arms and kicking legs
Well this is silly. How to fix?

Hub world.

>tfw no lolis to pet

[Screaming about bones in the distance]

>Literally dressed up as a hooker
>Actually bigger than the footage they're trying to show
>Has all their pokemon shit piled on the couch behind them (look at what a cute grill I am teehee!)
>Some poor permavirgin beta orbiter actually donated his week's paycheck to this thot

This is getting to the point it should be illegal. Anyone some cunt whines about the (((wage gap))) this is the kind of shit that would justify it.

Here's your (you).

It IS his fault for not following the rules which are right in the FAQ in black and white you mouth breathing knuckle dragger. Go suck Jimi's dick some more.

Egotism is a hell of a drug. When an egotistic streamer and an equally egotistic mod clash then expect fireworks. Either way, sit back and get your popcorn.

>Guys I accidentally deleted my avatar's panties!

Fuck off. He literally edited a cunt onto the model. Tell me with a straight face the creator of that model made it with a fucking pussy. A streamer who has everything to lose via demonetization wouldn't have done that without knowing it. You wanna prove it to yourself? Download the same Kanna model he's using. Then check for yourself. If the panties were part of the model and it did have a pussy it would've clipped through by now. I'm almost 100% certain Jimi did it on purpose.

wut

>People start asking me "HURR R U A TRAP"
>Switch to Billy and watch them get visibly uncomfortable

Hey uuhhhhhhh, anyone got a copy of driver4vr?

Can't get past "pushing those upload speeds" now.

Mine sticks at "future proofing", which I thought didn't even touch the network.

>there are people in the world RIGHT NOW who do not smile when they see aniki

It REALLY pisses me off when they mention forsen.

Oh shit I'm gonna have to upload myself a Billy

Have you actually looked at any of these MMD models? 75% all use the same naked ass body with tits and pussy modded in. You have to go out of your way to remove them with a bit of knowledge in blender

How do I fix this? I assume this is why none of my animations work in Unity?

bowlrollDOTnet/file/1958
Password is MMD, knock yourself out bro

Ty, when I fix my mg34 belt on my Protect Gear dudes I'll have to invite you guys to my world so we can go harass furries
Can't get the belt to bend without half the fucking gun deforming, its fine in Blender but goes to shit in Unity

Seriously wish I could find a Van avatar.

A hero is going to have to make one from scratch.

Find the model and I'll do it tomorrow

why is it saying my animation clip from blender is generic and not humanoid grrr

MMD didn't work for me.

homer hoppou

Lowercase bruv, sorry about that.

Would if I could bud, but as said, it's more likely to be done from scratch all though you'd think an MMD model would be more likely to exist given how often they do that on Nico and Youtube.

Why don't you make the animation in unity instead of blender?

why are you complaining about pussy

are you gay

Probably some homo that's mad they can't be as popular as jimi

Because I have animations in the .fbx that are from the game I'm taking the character from, but I have no idea how to access them in Blender to put them as standing animation / emotes.

Pic related, the animation in Blender. Not sure where to go from here. (plus, I eventually have to make visemes for the character which I think I need cats for.

Someone's defense force is out tonight.

>It REALLY pisses me off when they mention forsen
Did Billy personally wish you a happy birthday and support you when you were going through hard times? thought so, faggot.

>hur dur defense force!!!!!
You're the one getting your panties in a bunch over some nobody, my dude

nigga u gay

>Gets popcorn

oh shit, just saw that guy earlier! he has vr now.

Ran into my first issue today with the Vive, it was fine for the first week but now whenever I launch VRC my headset stops tracking after about 10 seconds of gameplay now, My base stations say everything's fine on their end and the controllers track perfectly as well, has anyone else had issues with this? It seemed to have just come out of nowhere.

Whoa man, no need to get mad because your favorite e-celeb has brought unbridled cancer to everything he touches, would explain why you like him so much.

anyone else having issues uploading models to vrchat?

Me. It gets stuck trying to upload. It was working a few hours ago then stopped.

>try to connect to certain worlds on VRChat
>internet connection shits out

>stop playing VRChat
>internet connection is fine

something screwy is going on here

yes

>yfw the servers are probably being hit with a denial of service attack

What are "leaf bones"?

They're the bones in a leaf

This is what happens when Russians are allowed to be on American servers

Your ISP could be throttling your connection to their servers (amazon s3, also shared by netflix).

I was actually thinking more along the line of the Kanna Gang. This shit all started happening as soon as they were all banned. The avatar stealing and player warping too. Granted VRChat has as much security as a paper safe the Kanna Gang's discord WAS distributing hacking tools so it makes them suspect as fuck and the timing is too convenient.

I got disconnected and teleported to hub 2 times in last 30 minutes, something is wrong with the servers today.

>she still hasn't rigged and uploaded her own avatar instead of using public ones

Wouldn't put it past them. Most lolicons are completely deranged, childish and vindictive enough to do this kind of shit, all while pretending they're completely justified. It's disgusting, mainly because I myself enjoy loli, but these fags give everyone the wrong impression.

sh-shut up
I'll get to it, one day.

>he doesn't model his own avatar

I ripped a model, but the rigging is like my doing

got any pics? I don't think I've ever seen anyone post a 100% OC avatar.

I can't do roomscale so I bought a Rift, because its a lot cheaper and the controllers seem a lot better than the Vive wii-wands.

How bad did I fuck up?

You're fine unless you want full-body tracking.

>HS is nearly done downloading

Is Sue the only mimiga in VRChat so far?

Weird place to bring up HS, user.
Hmm. The cards are sort of 3d models right, or at least pieces layered on? I wanna see someone rollin' in VRchat as a golden Dr. Boom now.

what's this Kanna Gang shit?

If you decide that you enjoy VR and want body tracking your fucked. Made that mistake myself, you're a cripple from your chest down with a rift

>he doesn't write his own program to model his own avatar

Some gay clan full of people using kanna avatars that got banned

yeah but the person that uploaded her to deviant art deleted the model

I won't really be able to have that for about 2 years anyway. I'm almost done my degree, by that time I'll have a lot more money and new VR headsets will be out so by then I can make the change.

It's like you don't know Pewds made another video about vrchat last week... wait, you really didn't know?
The servers were unprepared to the influx of underages, the video got over 5 million views, even if only 10% of the watchers installed vrchat out of curiosity, that's still 500k users. Even if 1% of all watches are still playing the game after installing it, that's a good 50k increase from barely 15k before the video was made.

So that's why it feels like there's an even higher percentage of kids in the game than before...
on the plus side I've also been meeting more kids who aren't total shitheads, they're pretty cool to talk to and it's nice to be reminded they exist

dang, I'd have liked Toroko more
In any case you can find her in that Zelda well dungeon

You would think the usage stats would show the influx though.

Figured it out, I think. You got to tick the bake into pose box. I don't know which one, specifically, I just ticked all of them and it was alright. Avatar dances outside of my camera, but I guess this is fine.

>he doesn't write his own avatar from the ground up in notepad

I rather just have her as my own and give her a gun desu

I made my first friend yesterday too, he was a knuckles though. My only concern is that the influx of random people will affect negatively the community and turn it into something worse than a designated shitposting board.
Still, today it was pretty chill compared to the day immediately after the video was made, probably some of the casuals got bored already and only those who actually like the game are remaining.

>He doesn't create his own OS to write his avatar

Spike Spiegel update:

I had get the eyes working manually and after hours of fidgeting with it it finally looks great except the right eyeshine, but it doesn't look bad enough for me to waste time fixing

I also made the aa oh and ch mouth sounds that I fed into cats to make the other 15.

There really isn't much left to do that is daunting, but I sent one of my controllers in for repairs, so I won't be able to test the model ingame until I get it back.

I would expect the crossover between watchers and players to be much smaller

>notepad
>not encoding it on punchcards

Where do you find the stats? you mean the steam ones? consider that the game also runs without steam though.

steamcharts.com/app/746930#48h
is orbus worth it with such a small player base?

>Using punchcards
>Not Cuneiform clay tablets

Is your avatar and animations using the same rig, or are you trying to animate with a totally different rig?

It's only small because the VR population is small.

Think of it this way, it's so small that whoever you run into, you'll instantly remember their character as a unique entity when you run into each other again instead of forgetting them as they meld into the thousand-strong populations of 2D MMORPGs.

tfw no warehouse-sized computer made of vacuums to make my model with

I'm so torn on that game too. 50$ looks like a lot for a really basic game. I mean I can make the same controls in Unreal 4 and it'd look better, I even already have better assets, I just can't afford servers..

>not baking the clay yourself in the kiln you made

LADS I NEED THE LEWDEST AVATARS YOU CAN GET VIA PEDESTAL

I FOUND A VRCHAT MUTE ANIME GF THAT WILL BE ANYTHING I WANT ">HER" TO BE

To add custom animations, I take the animation override from the SDK examples, make a copy, add them in there, and then just drag that file into "custom standing anims"?

Should be all the same. I'm not really changing anything.

Is VRchat worth playing if you don't have a headset? I hear people say it's gimped and I imagine a huge point of it is the motion gimmicks when interacting with others.

Sure
It's fun without the headset, but it would definitely be more fun with the motion controls

I got it and am getting a refund for it. The controls suck ass, the lightest touch makes you spin the fuck around. I don't know why they didn't make it so you have to press the touchpad to move, fucking retarded devs. The sword swinging feels like it doesn't work 50% of the time even though I'm swinging it like a madman clearly inside of the monster. The rest is pretty good but that shit annoyed me too much to keep up with it.

>VIA PEDESTAL
if he can't even make his own avatars, he isn't worth it

That's the kind of narrative i'd expect to hear from the VRChat devs, attacking the kanna gang and defending the fucking russians at the same time.
VRChat got popular at around the same time. It's more to do with the gaping security flaws than it is with Kanna gang. The cyka bylats would have started this shit with or without any pre-boom gang's assistance.

is vrchat having a server clog? Im trying to upload my world and it's stuck

It's literally a glorified chat service, so I figure the only thing you really need is a mic. And even then, interacting doesn't require a mic in some cases e.g.

>haven't been able to upload anything for the past 2 hours
What the hell is going on?

>Not digging your own clay out of the Euphrates and baking it within your own kiln to encode the tablets in cuneiform, then hiking to the Andes and using Peruvian magic to upload your tablets into VRchat as your custom avatar