/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Weasel Edition

Previously on /wtg/: >Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
pcgamer.com/the-best-pc-joysticks/

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

First for W*hraboo genocide

Custom game when.

THIS CHRISTMAS EVENT FUCKING SUCKED!

Reminder to join [SMUG] today!

-th for kill all tripfags and rape their families

6th for m41 is shit

>play ersatz m10
>feels just like a T-V with a slower slew

>hit a Bf 109-G, P-47 and Fw 190 with only a few shells of Hispano Mk 2 Air Targets
>planes loose both wings, coolant/oil everywhere, engine block or fuel on fire and pilot killed all three times
>r*ddit says "hispakos", "when will gaijin fix hispanos"
I can't imagine being shit with Hispanos
and that's not even talking about the P-51A

Mosquito with 4000lbs cookies when?

>Flying IL-2 to try and complete some dailies
>Fly around the back of Berlin to try and reach a line of tanks without being spotted
>Some P-51D notices me
>Gives up all of his energy and speed to try and chase me down
>"Accidentally" crash during our engagement
>He doesn't get the kill
>He bitches in chat
>EVERYONE bitches me out in chat
>As if I had some kind of responsibility to let some guy with a 1.0 BR advantage over me get a kill

Reminder to join [SMUG] today!

Hello Hux

>posted from my hard to use 1 kilometer per second shell cartridge machine

>He actually spent money on an Israeli flag

i would pay a monthly fee for IP locked servers that ban all VPN's with age verification

i am tired of slav shitter potato niggers

i am tired of subhuman south american scum who should go back to eating monkies and killing each other in favelas

i am tired of western european sperg lords and constant kraut spam on top of never having accurate marking on german planes because they are so beaten as a people they think seeing a swastika would make hitler rise from the grave

i am tired of gooks who can't stay in their own server instead of trying to gain a lag advantage and bombarding the chat with moon runes while they suicide rush the base

i am tired of worthless australians with 1200 ping who you can always recognize because they all have AUS, NZ, Kiwi or some other stupid shit in their names like all the other subhumans in this game

gaming has gone completely backwards, i want it to be a first world club again where servers are local and shitters can gtfo

Goddamn right I did

>It's another, " JAV movie where the cute jap girl with huge tiddies gets "fucked" by some fat loser jap guy with a micro dick and hairy bush to hide it in " episode

Can we stop this already...?

WHEN????

nigga you're playing the game wrong trying to take a moral high ground by not playing OP vehicles, this is gaijin you're dealing with

>kike flag on lorraine 40t
acting like I didn't think that already

>get WarCrimes
>oh fucking boy
>it's Tier III
>despite being clearly a Panther A

The real war crime was the tier placement

would you rather have it at 6.0? It is 5.7 and tier three or 6.0 and tier 4

>Start Italian line
>Pilot is a noob
>scratch by enemy
>pilot killed
>perform hard turn
>lost control

I had forgotten....

Do skins ever go on sale?

>Buying skins

some of the ad revenue skins are pretty bitchin and if it means some other dudes get money that's cool too
i have a bunch of eagles from doing all my golden eagle wagers for the event that i'm not doing anything with anyway

what is wrong with it being tier III

>i am tired of worthless australians with 1200 ping who you can always recognize because they all have AUS, NZ, Kiwi or some other stupid shit in their names like all the other subhumans in this game

Actually they're Panther Gs I think, but since the A/G/F section of the tree should be fucking foldered who gives a shit

The Panther A is Tier IV. Gaijin Jewed everyone out by making the NC.900 and Ersatz Panther tier III vehicles instead of the tier IV vehicles they are based on, solely to stop people getting "free" tier IV premiums.

Only a problem for people who won't put money into a game they care about enough to get booty blasted over

It's the principle of the matter.

>Space climbing bomber
>enemy circling airfield
>J out

I don't have time for this shit anymore, I've been playing for 5 years and just don't give a fuck

how i play mustang gud

go fsat

The only principal Gaijin will care to adhere to is the free in free to play means you passively work for Gaijin by having to grind and suffer keeping the lower tiers full.

It's not useful for Gaijin to give away grinding machines that can do tier V.

I wonder how many people actually got the NC900 and Ersatz M10. I haven't seen many of them around, but it's still early days.

I got the NC900 mostly as a collectors item and to show off my autism. Could not be assed to deal with the hatchet wound that tanks is.

>grinded out the stock M60 this year so my stats are shit
You guys all have disappointing ground RB though

They're very lack-luster tbqh
I'm still two days behind of the NC900, and I just could care less.

>use all sorts of foul words, swearing bitching and moaning like a sperg in chat all year
>last night said I wish the lead developer would get prostate cancer because of the map design
>chat banned 7 days

))))))))))

>driving forward, and come to a slow stop
>momentum wouldn't affect gun in real life as I wasn't going fast enough for it to
>gun points right into the floor

Can i post my D in here?

nobody wants to listen to your bitching

>arcade

I got the NC.900 because I like how the Focke-Wulfe planes look, even if they nearly all play like shit. Also, I agree with the ground forces thing. Tanks are nearly unplayable garbage. I was deeply, deeply tempted to try and grind out the Ersatz M10, but realised how horrific it would be so I didn't bother.

The NC.900 is actually okay, since it gets an air-spawn, but it can't 1v1 anything without doing head-ons. It's kind of a vulture plane based around killing bombers and distracted enemies. The massive 13mm ammunition pool means it's pretty good for mopping up light ground targets too.

reported

Hey buddy i started last year.
Also, im researching all nations.

>That feel when level 5 in all nations aviation trees except France
>Have every single German, Russian, and Italian prop plane as well as many of their jets
>Nearly every single prop plane for every other faction too
>Sitting on 14 million Lions or so
>Been playing since 2012
>Nothing left to do except muck around playing whatever the fuck I want, whenever I want, however I want

does that include joining meme squadrons

>Joining squadrons

I want to have fun, not have autists screech at me for flying my IL-2-37.

can someone explain this bug with the m46 and caged armor that has saved me more than a few times

>entire team is dead 3 minutes into match

Some of the greatest joy I have had in this game has come from using the IL series as sneaky fighters. Ground belts melt anything and you can play sniper with those 37's.

It would help if you elaborated a little bit more.

>M47 gets caged armour
>constantly sees swarms of Russians who use APHE anyway
>Anything with HEATFS can just click on your hull

)))))))))

*M46 fuck

>Flying literally any IL-2 variant
>Enemy "forces" a head-on

I'll never understand people. Against an IL-2, you can do literally anything you want besides head-on. Literally just climb ever so slightly above the damn thing and dive. Why risk facing a 5kg burst mass? Also, people REALLY under-estimate the Berezin tail-gunner and sit right behind you.

Please say something nice about my tankfu

She's shit now, but she was good once upon a time!

Say it ain't so, user. I just unlocked her.

>kill T-44 driver
>drives again in almost 10 seconds
it really is a shame no other nation has this mystical non-bias

Yeah a tactic I've found pretty consistently successful in GF has been to do a pass at a fighter to get its attention, then run away and rek him with the tail gun when he follows.

I'll get shot at and the sound of caged armor being destroyed is made and I see a bunch of dead caged armor fly about. I have the M46 Tiger and it doesn't have caged armor, but I experience this

>That satisfaction when you explode a 109's engine into fire because he thought sitting 300m away from you before opening fire was a good idea

i hate german planes and i dont even play france but i guess its decent for grinding if i ever feel like it

Enjoy being insta-deaded by HEAT-FS and HESH unless you get down-tiered, in which case enjoy being the biggest cunt in the universe and being literally invincible.

The Fw 190 A-8 is a bad plane with an enormously high BR because of its incredibly armament. However, the armament is really incredible. A single burst on pretty much any fighter will instantly kill it with stealth belts, and it's amazing for hunting bombers. You basically just set your convergence to 600m and force head-ons or try and snipe people due to your pathetic climb, speed and turn.

>click
>the sane nanosecond as you click your tank goes up or down
>gun flies upwards or downwards and you miss by a fucking galaxy
sometimes I wonder why tanks drive like they have the suspension on a fucking $3k civic

Remembering the days right after the slope modifier changes still give me nightmares about the IS-3

How far will tanks go with tier VI here?

M1, T-80, Challenger, etc?

APDS seems to be able to cut through me with it's 400mm of pen too. Oh well.

>[Battle] Poland
I need to start reserve exploiting again

T-80 is confirmed. I think it's insane how tanks are outpacing planes in terms of era so hard.

>Tanks go up to the fucking seventies
>Planes end in the fifties

Pretty sure the M60A1 Rise and Chieftain Mk 10 are from the 80s.

You're right, it's from 1983.

i get the event panther wednesday

going to fucking need it, look at this mess

Daily reminder to kill all tea niggers

>Open-top SPG line is nearly useless
>Ostwind and Coelian are nearly worthless compared to the Wirbelnigger
>Kugelblitz is nice
>German 7.0+ is pure suffering
>Ferdinand, Jagdpanther and Jagdtiger are useless

Your tree is basically complete, honestly. You only really need the Wirbel.

>Open-top SPG line is nearly useless

If you're gonna sit fifty miles away from the battle masturbating and sniping, you may as well drive a Tiger or Pz. IV for the same result but with less chance of being shot to death by a P-47.

>entire line is useless because I am bad at hiding from planes
Being bad does not make tanks bad

>Hiding from planes
>On these tiny arcade knife fight maps

There's no advantage to the open-top SPG line besides firepower, which is kind of redundant anyway since everything dies in a single shot at any range from APHE in War Thunder anyway.

>he thinks it's just planes that are the predator for open-top guns

>when you score exactly 2018

>stock US shells garaunteed bounce unless you hit the flat part on the side or rear of enemies
>HEATFS causes minimal damage and costs a shitload of SL
>russia and german stock shells guaranteed one shot on the front of enemies

lel it's not even subtle

>being wrong
subtle senpai

>heatfs to the panther ufp
>only hurts the transmission and nothing else is effected
lol ok

>russian shells don't one shot
extremely subtle user

+50GE

Can't help but smile when someone denies this bull shit
Show me your US tank stats you cuck

>coelian is fucking missing me by the size of jupiter
>tail comes flying off
holy fucking christ are you kidding me

E

wdhmbt

I'm literally screaming trying to play the T25. It was fine 6 monthes ago. What changed?

Its almost like you're talking complete shit.
Pro tip, don't play shermans, they're hot garbage, just like irl. Even kept everything else in the screencap for you to rub my bad K:Ds in low played or trail played shit I never got the hang of in.

>Best K/D ratios are in the Jumbo and T29

>most played is both m18s
bahahaha

>be airfag
>Most played vehicle: Tiger H1
What the fuck is wrong with these statistics?