/xgg/ - Xenogames General #87

USE SPOILER TAGS
Please note that Veeky Forums Rule #3 is being enforced.

========== Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ==========
>XBC2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XBC game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/whyaLFk0

>XBC2 Advanced FAQ (Tips, Combat, Quests, Misc, early/mid game and late game separated)
pastebin.com/xr0dT5mq

>XBC2 Blade combo elemental charts
i.imgur.com/JUWNMOw.jpg

>XBC2 Info Doc. Please help contribute
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/edit
>XBC2 Artbook link
drive.google.com/open?id=1l8EuZcAvfNAVKyHuK6bSr5NxpiaUdXYD

>XBC2 Fanworks
pastebin.com/BLmMUNub

========== Xenoblade Chronicles X ==========
>XBCX Links pastebin
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY
==============================

If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/edit#gid=2006989440
youtube.com/watch?v=LOqttplcR7Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FLORA

ENTHRALLED, MUCH?!

Also the fanworks pastebin should be either updated or removed

I can see you're in need of my expertise.

It's a new thread everyone!

LOOK ALIVE

Here's the itinerary for the day...

What stage is best to get Poppi element cores? Or should I just grind 2 until I get the ether to make them?

Light Element can only be found in stage 5 from the big chest. everything else you can make if you want

So does anyone know what some good blades are for everyone? I've heard Perceval and Floren are good but I was just wondering about others.

Could you be a little less specific?

So I rolled KOSMOS on Morag unfortunately, can she be played well as a DPS and put Tora back in to tank (I do have her final form, can just farm the minigame a bit for mods)?

I supposed I can also just put KOSMOS on rex since he can use anything, but two light blades on one person seem pointless, especially since Mythra is already so good.

>You need a separate manual to craft the dark element
Fuck me. At least I'm at 7/8 elements in my party now.

so I got ursula, I've heard you can make her merc missions take as little as 2 minutes, how? Do I just have to get really lucky with blade rolls that have both of the extra requirement things?

Overdrive her, she's useless on Morag

CUTE!!
>the jiggle

I might try to meme and make Morag a dps, reading some things.

Will probably wind up driving her to Zeke though I guess.

Why do people say Nia is good with axes? Saw videos of her with Zenobia on YT before and kinda confused.

I always ran a full squad of three healers on her or just equipped her to Rex for when I wanted amazing heals.

I just arrived to the first floor of the world tree, chapter 8, how much story is left?

Can you post the link I'd like to see it in action

People say that Nia is good with axes because her art that recharges on crit has 3 chances to recharge vs the standard 2. Her str is the lowest though so its not like she completely outshines everyone like how she does w/ ether cannons

Would you take her to Elysium?

Yes and I'll choose her sister at the end.

>useless
No blade is useless outside of Godfrey you minmaxing faggot

Having her on Morag is much more useful than she'll ever be on Rex

>Merc Mission affinity nodes
WORST nodes. Can't fill them with merc missions until you've actually completed that many missions with them. Why even bother if I can't cheat fuck off commons

>Xenoblade 1
>Melia gets cucked

>Xenoblade 2
>Nia and either Pyra or Mythra gets cucked

So about that next game they're making...

Aren't Pyra/Mythra supposed to be two sides of the same person? Like they share everything including memories.
Why do people argue about the "canon" version of the choice when you are just choosing a name/temper when they merge?

Three chances for a crit per art means she's hitting it a lot more often.

Well it's first girl you met and loved you since you met vs original bitch that has to warm up to you before showing that she likes you.

how is xenoblade x?

>1
>girl never confesses and probably never gets over it

>2
>girl confesses, but never expected to have her feelings returned. Is over it and never had hard feelings, despite the MC fearing she would

>3
>girl with a crush on the MC is a bad guy, confesses, gets rejected, she goes crazy and you kill her

It's the only proper evolution and you know it.

Coffee and milk give us caffellatte but aren't the same thing.

Not really. I can still classify latte as a coffee or milk drink.

>two sides of the same person
I want /v/ermin to leave.

The problem here is that Rex would never meet Pyra without Mythra creating her in the first place.

Nah natural would be
>Girl not only confesses but try to push herself on the MC, gets rejected hard but somehow enjoys that

Just beat all the UM, complete the weapons skills and charts for the pilots, so this is when the switch wait in the dust until the dlc?

No, I am here to stay and shit on your headcanons.
>muh nintendo pr trailer confirms
>muh poor japanese confirms
>muh old interview confirms
>muh default choice confirms
>muh flawed logic confirms

Clutching at straws indeed

That's like saying you can't love someone without loving their mom because the former would never be born without the latter. Flawed logic at best.

>you can't love someone without loving their mom
If the mom is literally the same person in every way but with a different attitude then why shouldn't I love her too?

When you put it that way Rex should also fuck the Architect because he created her. They are the same coin as an individual, but they are separate beings with their mind. Also most of the romantic scenes are with Pyra not Mythra so that is the reasoning on why people choose Pyra over Mythra. After all it's Rex and not the Aegis who names the merge form.

>muh nintendo pr trailer confirms
For some reason, the trailer doesn't make Rex yelling both names, even though they went as far as selecting voice lines that aren't part of the same scenes.
>muh poor japanese confirms
Except several people confirmed, while guys on /v/ claimed things that go against to the basic grammar rules of the language?
>muh old interview confirms
Yeah, because a production note that still go consistently in that sense after the release of the game is "old"?
>muh default choice confirms
Funnily enough, prior even the choice thing, the tutorial itself named her after Pyra, instead of mentioning both girl.

more Morytha fucking w h e n

>They are the same coin as an individual, but they are separate beings with their mind
wat

Did you really play the same game? Why do you think both girls ask Rex if they want to talk with the other? Sharing memories doesn't mean jackshit when it comes to individuality, otherwise the numerous persona switch in the story wouldn't be necessary.

The fact they talk to each other further confirm they have their own individuality, and the fucking ending even goes as far as splitting them.

An acquired taste. Exploring, side quests, customizable builds are the game's strengths and it has some genuinely amazing moments. But it drops the ball on what a lot people consider key elements of Xeno. Characters, story, even themes are only glossed over and the plot stops just as it starts to thicken.

>glossed over
So much this. The themes are strong and present, but they are so badly handled that they felt like a missed opportunity. Doug's doubt in the end hit home, but it happened so late in the game that it makes you wonder if you didn't play a different game at some point.

>For some reason
To not spoil you that there will be a fucking choice.
>Except several people confirmed
Oh yes the vague phrasing confirms everything
>a production note
is called like this for a reason
>prior even the choice thing
so why does it matter?

You fags literally go against the fact that there is a legitimate choice presented in the game. Saying that Pyra is de only way is pure waifufagging.

Basically they share the body meaning that they are literally the same to Malos and Jin, but since the most stimulating part of the woman is the brain that makes choosing between them more important.

Since when admitting only 1 character makes sense for a certain pairing means they are your favourite?

You are missing the point: Mythra doesn't feel like a legit choice because she lacks so much development and actual interactions with Rex that she feels like more some extra to Pyra instead of being a second heroine.

Mythra is pure fanservice

And now you idiots are going to explain to me why title screen features both of them holding hands with Rex at the end despite the choice.
You can't.

every female blade is fanservice

>responding to /v/
What's the point?

>holding hand
>he must love both, guys!!!
Truly best logic.

>she feels like more some extra to Pyra instead of being a second heroine.
Ever since Mythra woke up I felt like she was in charge honestly.

?

Azami is pure

mamiko noto's voice alone makes me orgasm

To be honest, Mythra sounds like the true Aegis, so I agree when you mean she was in charge (except when Pyra decides to give a big fuck you to Jin and Malos).
But as far as her interactions with the team goes, she is sidelined for weird reasons. She has 0 H2H with Rex, and it feels like her closest friend was Poppi.

Finch is the ultimate fanservice

You know what I meant

Agreed

Ok, so I just got to chapter 8 and got everyone back.

Can I farm for a rare core now? Or should I wait till post-game? I am still running around doing all quests that has been collecting dust.

I want to marry a generic Ardainian NPC.

When the fuck is the DLC coming? Why haven't they said anything about it yet?

>trying to find my way to Genbu's brain
>end up in a level 80 tirkin camp
I honestly don't even know how I got to the bridge to come down here because I was exploring some other tower before that.

>shitposters on /v/ saying the game didnt get good for them until 30 hours
???
Like, theres not some huge shift in level scaling or something. Obviously, holding chain attacks and toppling until Uraya was bullshit (and you could still topple just not with rex), but other than that theres not really some huge shift where the game goes from "alright" to masterpiece
The only 2 times like that are right after the first Morag fight where the game completely opens up and thats only a few horus into the game - and then in Uraya when the stop blueballing you with the mechanics.

Think you can take me?!

>/v/
whats with all of these /v/ related posts here today?

i bought the digital version. faster loading.

Those goggles are straight up the monado/shulk color scheme

>i bought the digital version. faster loading.
Mythra is only a canon choice for collectors edition owners. Enjoy your plebian Pyra.

I bought the collector's edition and I still chose Pyra though.

Crossposters are upset that people on /v/ think the game is any less than great/perfect/good so they come over here to bitch after losing an argument instead of not giving a fuck.

>Engage in battle alongside a female Blade
>2/7
>Party is Pandy/Sheba/Dagas, Mythra/Roc/Agate, Poppis
>won;t go up from 2
>haven't changed party at all

fag
>people unironically read /v/ in 2018

Try switching between them in battle?

Which character?
Maybe you're supposed to equip female blades onto the driver

>trying to have an actual argument or fruitful discussion with /v/
Fuck that, I just skip that step and come straight here. I love complaining for the fuck of it.

Pyra best girl

Apparently it actually means initiate the battle with Sheba out and females in the party. No idea why it stopped counting at 2 though when I had her in the lead for at least a dozen fights.

I have only seen fruitful story discussion here than on the whole internet.

>two sides of the same person
If you're trying to imply that "same person" is Pneuma, you're wrong because Pneuma isn't really her own person.

I wanna marry Sheba

According to We're using docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/edit#gid=2006989440 for the google doc now. It's setup to not be lockable.

dr jekyll and mister hyde are the same person?

Did you even read the OP

It is the same doc, tim.

Nope, and contrary to them, Pyra is a creation (not just a personality) altogether so it is even more distinct.

I did a search and the #grid fucked me

Dr Jeykll and Mister Hyde never spoke to each other or held discussions so that's a very hard questions to say.

Pyra/Mythra share the same body but they are a not clearly the same person

no shit Sherlock

Thanks Watson i'm the best

youtube.com/watch?v=LOqttplcR7Y

Pyra's not even a person, she's a tulpa.

>A tulpa is an entity created in the mind, acting independently of, and parallel to your own consciousness. They are able to think, and have their own free will, emotions, and memories. In short, a tulpa is like a sentient person living in your head, separate from you.

Then Mythra is a gulps too? Without Pyra (or Mythra) = no Pneuma