/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, with a fall 2018 PC release.
↳Third PS4 beta with a bonus Nergigante quest announced for 19th-22nd of January, no PS+ required.
↳Elder Dragons + Deviljho: youtube.com/watch?v=lmwxyM3sPwc
↳Full 2018 Winter Event Livestream: youtube.com/watch?v=FuxxrCmLi58
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Moveset Changes: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 on 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2018/01/famitsu-review-scores-issue-1519
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

As far as I recall HR games have always been 6-7 and capped or unlock like gen?

Are we there yet?

Huntress post

Go to the WORLD

Frontier!

Gigantic Nigga IS HELLA SWOLE. HOW CAN HE DUMPSTER THESE GUYS?

Take care of yourselves, /mhg/

DONT MAKE ME TURN THIS AIRSHIP AROUND YOUNG MAN

I must sleep, goodnight!

im gonna marry legiana

They typically have been, yeah
But without a separated village/guild hall quest list, HR12 could make more sense I guess
Though I can't explain why HR12 would be used for this, low-high is typically 1-6 stars anyways iirc

I don't guess anyone has a pdf of the Illustrations? I saw some anons talking about it last thread and it got me thinking.

If anyone is interested in English Monster Hunter Illustrations (physical that you'd like), then amazon uk seems to have them at a decent price.

REMINDER THAT ALL THE TWITCHFGTS WILL IGNORE TAILS AND BREAKS.

Something like pic related probably

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how it's done. In F2 Low rank was like 1-5 star and high rank 6-8 IIRC, can't recall P3rd, so maybe it's somewhat like that?

the op pastebin has all of them

Oh I typically thought it went up to 6 for some reason
I can see them stretching it to 12 somehow
G Rank

Oh shit when he's grappling with Teo, nerg starts standing up straighter
Somebody's about to get told to sit the fuck down

Can someone tell me how long a MH game usually lasts? A couple of months? I'm looking for something I dump a few thousand hours into without getting bored
will world last as long as a normal MH game?

It's fucking crazy that this guy's design was in the artbooks circa 2010 (or earlier)

I can't really remember the 3ds games honestly, but 1-3* in F2/FU were hr 1, 4* hr2, 5* hr3, 6* hr4, 7* hr5 and 8* for hr6.

I don't think world will last a few thousand. Maybe if you try to collect every armor and weapon type.

>Raizex that high
>Rathalos and Kirin at all
>no Tigrex
>no Gore
>no bugs
Why does Japan have such SHIT taste?

as long as you want it to basically, depends on how much you like grinding the same shit over and over to get all the gear and get better kill times.
no grank on release so it probably won't last as long as other mh games but you'll still get a few hundred hours out of it at the minimum if you like the game, and supposedly they're going to be adding more monsters for free as the year progresses

He was in Unite in 2008, and Frontier even earlier than that

Main story probably 30+ hours
Playing to get some top tier weapons and armor probably 200+
Beyond that if you like the gameplay you can dick around hunting random shit or collecting weapons until you get bored

I think 200-300 hours is a reasonable playtime to "complete" a HR MH game. But it doesn't mean you can't just keep playing.

Lavasioth was a pretty early addition to Frontier dude
And it was in FU (and X/XX)

>liking chargerex

Very nice work

thanks, was waiting for the new thread to start to drop this edit

BWAK?

Anyone else burnt out on hunting?

I'm going to play the frontier free trial while waiting for world. Are there any resources I should know about besides fist.moe? Also, will google live translate be of any help to me? I've used it on EDF5 so I at least know it works on a screen.

Why did they make huntresses so skinny in World? This is awful. I loved the thick beefy aspect they had in the previous games...

fist.moe has everything you need.
google translate will help some though, but i got by fine without any type of easy translation methods.

if you want the trial to have any challenge at all, don't use the starter weapons you get, instead buy a basic iron/bone weapon from the merchant inside the blacksmith.

the weapons they start you out with are actually HR5 quality and trivialize the trial.

I get burnt out on end game solo stuff pretty quickly. Challenges start to look like chores after 5 or 6 runs. Playing in a group is always fun for me.

No when I get home from work I'm gonna make a new set and hunt with it!

Play a male hunter. For some reason he seems thicker in World.

Reminder that bikini armors are trash and hutresses should dress prim and proper

Tag yourself

for some fucking reason MH World is 75 AUD on American PSN and 99 AUD on Australian PSN
is there a way to get on the American network, buy MHW and still play my fucking game like normal?
I HAVE FUCKING HAD IT WITH EXTORTIONATE PRICES

Reminder only faggots don't like both

That's an outdated version user

Do you think MH would benefit from more stylized character design and graphics like Persona or Code Vein?

You can probably buy a murrican PSN card online
Make a second PSN account with the region set to America and buy it on that, all the accounts on your console will be able to play
Same routine as buying Jap games

no

This is still my favorite armor set. It's looks beautiful but is also lewd.

>tfw this pic is actually making me want to stop playing GS and start playing HBG
jesus i know its autistic but still
how fun is HBG? Do you have to rely on traps and stuff?

Traps certainly make it easier but I wouldn't say you HAVE to use them. It mostly comes down to making the most of your limited mobility. In short: Yeah, it's fun but takes practice.

Thanks for the comfy XX hunts m8s

Learn not to get greedy and you'll probably do okay

can't you just make a us account and buy via paypal?

>exposed shoulders/collarbones
>prim and proper
yeah right slut

well i've just never used the guns before
it might be kind of fun to use them alongside the ghillie suit the game lets you use, setting up traps and sneaking around, playing it like an actual hunting game instead of running around like a madman

I'll try that but I don't think it will work considering this digital US code market

Why are HH users such sluts?

Will this armor be in World? It looks really nice.

No

probably not because the monster it comes from wasn't on the list and from what i understand isn't one of the more popular ones

I've heard from a lot of people that they put a few thousand hours in fucking Tri so I guess literally anything is possible with enough autism

honts soon!

gonna be just getting into MH with MHW want to know what I should be prepared for.

also I'm going to be doing a heavy bowgun build.

>build

just dump everything into dex my man

generally speaking I've put a couple hundred hours in all of them since 3U
and honestly I couldn't tell you what i actually did for 200 hours each, but I guess thats a good thing in its own way.

How big do you think the update for nerg will be, or do you think it'll be a server-sided unlock?

Pretty sure they said no update was needed for those that still have the beta installed, so the quest and other data has been there since the very first beta.

find some rare items that boost range atk, as well as dex.

agi helps you shoot faster, while str increases your carry weight.

I knew it stood for the last beta, but given that this is adding a quest, I never saw it anyway. Would be pretty good though and make sense.

what kind of a reward will we get for killing Nerg anyways? Hopefully something new

39/40 from famitsu, I'm ready for the hype(shills)

nod zzzzoon enug

i dont get it

>caring about score
>ever

Why is there so much huntress posting on /mhg/?

Because /mhg/ loves huntresses

Just let the spergs have their fun.

Looks like they didn't pay quite enough.

If you don't like huntresses then you've come to the wrong place.

Because huntresses love /mhg/

Huntressposting is a time honored /mhg/ tradition.

>isn't one of the more popular ones

Which one loves /mhg/ the most?

Rathian

All huntresses love /mhg/ the most.

If you just ESL'd your actual question, please die.

Me!

fuck off seanigger

>If you just ESL'd your actual question, please die.

I don't understand.

haha, gottem

Item pack.

It is a known fact that Kirin sluts have a huge crush on /mhg/

>This week’s Famitsu review scores are in
>Monster Hunter: World (PS4) – 10/10/10/9 [39/40]

gematsu.com/2018/01/famitsu-review-scores-issue-1519