Did anyone else here fall for the College meme?

>tfw majoring in Statistics
>tfw learned nothing of use these 3 years

at least I'm graduating a semester early, I just want out of this hell hole called Higher """education"""

is this true? i might just go to trade school

Yep. Recently graduated to get offered at best 55K for wagecucking 40 hours a week and spending another 10 commuting and 5 unpaid lunch breaks. I asked for 65K and the boss said 55K is 'generous' so I told him to fuck off.

Making more than that peasant now selling coffee, tea, shoes, and other shit to hipsters online. Made 163K last year 2 years out of college.

Yes OP college is a meme but being a corporate slave/wagecuck is the bigger meme. The only reason it's seen as acceptable is because it's been normalized. Our ancestors would frown upon this madness.

if you do either trade school or college, I'm pretty sure everyone on this board will tell you Entrepreneurship is the true redpill at the end of the day. It's way easier to be an entrepreneur as a Tradesman though.

>Made 163K last year 2 years out of college.
Fucking christ, where did you learn the skills for setting up an LLC, accounting practices, and the like? I need to get on top of that.

>B-but if I save 20% of my paycheck, I'll be worth a couple of million when I'm 65 because COMPOUND INTEREST!

It's astonishing how people value their time

Sadly I wish I could continue my trade. I actually bulged a disc in my apprenticeship. It's been a pretty hard year.

Yep.

> 50k in debt
> got a business degree
> It in no way helped me
> Ended up starting a business that does not even require a HS degree

College was my biggest mistake, I had over 100k in investments before going to college, and being a high school drop out. I still have the investments, it's just I also had to waste 4 years getting an engineering degree I basically don't use, and paying off a 50k student debt. Waste of time and a waste of money for myself and most people.

As for wageslaving, it's not the worst thing for short periods if you're trying to build some savings or whatever. Sometimes you just need to slum it a little, and it's a much better hole to dig for yourself than going to college... At least a job pays you.

I can't do any trades, I'm afraid I'll just hurt my back again I don't want to go to college...

Went to university. I have a great easy job because of my piece of paper. The "Education" part is definitely a meme though you're not wrong. As soon as someone starts offering accreditation outside of the institutions the whole thing will go up in smoke.

The MOST important thing in statistics major that you will learn is R. Nothing else in the major matters. If they're not teaching you R at your university do yourself a favor and go learn it online. Pro tip don't do a boot camp, instead start your own idea/project and learn along the way

Statistics is literally one of the most applicable skill you can take in college. Learn how to program and you will be needed by essentially any company that needs to make predictions from data. Which is all of them almost

>> Ended up starting a business that does not even require a HS degree
nice, what is it? also where did you learn the legal hoops, accounting skills, and the like to set it up?

Apply for college loans, get $6,000, invest in Ethereum and other alts, triple money in a few months, pay back loans, lick balls

Yes. I'm now making $90K working 40 hours a week at 27 because I'm actually competent and did internships.

Look into machining, then programming. I went through stats on different states and just looked at job offers all over, how hard is the entry etc, look for something

If you know multivariate statistical modeling, and R, you can be a data scientist. If you don't what the hell have you been doing for the past 3 years?

problem with trade school is if you injure yourself you are out of a job. white collar jobs are less physical and more menta lsee

It's been a hard year but I believe my back will get better.

i did for com sci and now i make 6 figures, 3 years out of college (in the flyover states)

>It's been a hard year but I believe my back will get better.
I do 50 push ups every other day. Give it a try. It will strengthen arms, chest, abs, and back muscles as well!

I want to get back into working out, I'm just wondering if I'd gain any muscle with bodyweight at all.