ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=15.0
steamcommunity.com/app/294100/workshop/

Mod List pastebin.com/raw/txikU8ti

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=822487597
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

someone beat me to it

>tfw When you snek post in the other thread but the guy fucked up the title so you have to switch threads

Where to get "prison additions" mod for b18? I'm in desperate need of doors openable by prisoners.

wait fuck, wrong pic

What's the best way to get components in vanilla?
If I can't, what alternatives do I have? (Like mods)
I have 50 components left and every day a breakdown happens. Plus it takes like 3 components just to craft a gun. I'm scared over here.

I mined the entire map.

Also best material to craft guns?

Anyone know if mod added traits carry over with Children and Pregnancy?

if you cant mine any out of your map anymore, either trade for them, or send a caravan to the nearest mountain tile and strip mine it. Don't waste steel making them except as a last resort.

You can buy them from traders but they are pretty expensive.
You can head to the hex next doors and set up an FOB there where you mine all the components there and haul it back to your base.
Research component assembly and make them, but this is fairly slow and forces a colonist to be busy with this slow process.
You have little to worry about though, you have plenty of components. I usually have about 10-20 in stock. It's also a good idea to stick with bolt-action rifles for weapons.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=822487597

THANKS!

The long range mineral scanner. It's worth it when you've completely exhausted most of the things in your map.

Does that spawn compacted machinery too?

>tfw no more content because Tynan hates his game now

>tfw tonnes upon tonnes of mods since modders will finally have a stable release to work with

>have to wait an hour every time I want to change mod list

Good
unless it's a "stable" release

>Your face when its because of modders that tynan has dropped all future content
T-Thanks

Not that user, but this pic is an example.

Anyone playing with both the Star Wars mods and Children and Pregnancy?

I had two Jedi make a baby with the idea of breeding Force Sensitive kids, but no matter how many rerolls I do on the birth, it seems the trait doesn't spawn.

Is it one of the traits that doesn't appear until Child/Teenager stage? I've seen child raiders with Force Sensitive though.

What are some good weapon packs without bloat and don't just add a bunch of real and tacticool guns?

Sparkling Worlds for sci-fi guns.

Medieval Times for crossbows and a sweet ass musket.

Wait that spawns on your map or you gotta travel to X tile?

you'll have to travel to another tile for it.

About to buy this.
Does the game has tutorial?
This is my first time playing base building game.

You have to travel. The scanner's max range is 30 tiles.

It has a learning helper that covers the basics. Just use that.

For the rest, ask here.

Rimfire is the only good one, but its all real life based weapons

yeah, there's an ingame tutorial and it's actually not terrible at teaching you the basics.

>mountain colony
>the closest tiles takes 8 days to cross
Fug

Try the demo.

It has good teaching, make sure the learning helper is activated in settings. Really good.

>About to buy a game from a genre he doesn't even know if he enjoys
Look at this dude.

I don't so much mind the real life part of Rimfire, it's the tacticool shit that doesn't fit in the game

I'll check out Sparkling Worlds, thanks.
Last time I tried Medieval Times it was full of bloat with all the new clothing types like gloves and capes etc. Am I thinking of the wrong mod?

capes are bloat i'll give you that, but gloves and boots are actually nice since there's no vanilla armor to protect those body parts.

Nope, that's it. I love the added clothing, though.

You are thinking of the correct mod. Gloves and boots are good tho, in vanilla there are no armors that cover your feet as far as I know. I don't use Medieval Times either but I have been searching for a good glove and boots mod for the reason stated above. The game considers foot and hands but Dont let you Protect them.

What do you mean by Tacticool in Rimfire?

I watched youtube playthrough. Looks good.
I'll try the demo as an user suggested, though.

That user is fucking with you.
This game doesn't have demo.

I'll give Medieval Times another shot I suppose. It left a bad taste last time I tried it because of stockpiles filling up insanely quickly from raids. It's been a year or two since I tried the mod though.

Rimfire and tacticool, I mean like the supressed red-dotted Kriss along with obscure guns like the XM8. I'm probably just overreacting though.

here

Also, once you try Sparkling mod can you report back and give comments on what you thought about it? I might try it if you enjoy it. More than focusing on bloat I focus on balancing. Still, you seem to have a similar mindset than myself. I also don't find any joy in adding unfitting or unnecessary clothing into the game. So I would appreciate if you report back.

>Suppressed red dotted kris
I will pay attention to it next time I load the game. The rimfire dude did some rebalancing for B18 Rimworld, so if you tried it in earlier versions it might be different now.

Pic related is from the last thread, I thought it was entertaining.

Made me kek

>god is an empty jacket wearing a duster
deep.

Sure, I probably won't be testing Sparkling Worlds until I'm done with my current colony though

lel, same reason why I don't try it myself.

or maybe the cheetah is wearing the duster

Give direct link to clutter hands mod

Sparkling Worlds is really neat. It adds a bunch of lategame stuff that's super handy, the most prominent being an actual use for luciferium; you can craft bionics with it, but with EPoE that's kinda irrelevant, and you can make healer mech serums and resurrector mech serums. It does require glitterworld medicine too, but you can make that fairly easily at the drug lab with medicine, herbal medicine, penoxycyline and neutroamine.

I think it's also the mod that makes boomalopes and boomrats give neutroglycerine instead of chemfuel. It can be refined both into chemfuel, but also neutroamine.

Nuclear power gives a fission reactor that runs on uranium and produces 9000W of energy. Good for a backup in case of zztt if you have uranium to spare.

The weapons are pretty rad. The Bulletstorm is low powered, but fires continously. The Railgun is a high grade sniper rifle. Gauss rifle is inbetween, and Plasma gun is inaccurate, but vaporizes entire body parts.

One of the neater parts are the pain weapons. The pain stick is melee, and pain gun ranged. They both do something called "nervous system overload" which causes pain but doesn't kill.

Matterweaving is sick. You can make plasteel out of steel at a ratio of 7:50, and you can make hyperweave from pasteel and devilstrand.

It also adds a faction, Blue Moon Corporation, which raids you with the high tech weapons. They can fuck you over pretty hard, but once you get your hands on their weapons it becomes fairly equal. You can also make peace with them and then trade with them for advanced shit.

It might sound OP, but it's fairly balanced, especially compared to Glittertech.

>Thrumbo joins colony after being medically treated and gets named Chekhov.
God damnit this is going to bite me in the ass in the long run isn't it?

They'll eat a lot.

This baby though.

>refugee getting chased
>accept and expect lot of raiders
>it still manage to always beat my expectation and I keep getting overwhelmed
I really wish I could know the composition of the people following that fucker, it's really infuriating setting my entire colony in defensive position but getting my ass destroyed simply out of cheer numbers.

what's wrong with the other thread

Typo in the title so everyone is shitposting

Archived, try and keep up.

Do you guys ever make more than one colony on the same save?

I'm running two at the moment, and it's cozy as fuck to have them interact together.

does anyone even read the titles? what's the point

Guys i cant bring myself to make my doctor harvest organs
Is something wrong with me

yes

>not prostophobe

coming soon Rimworld 2

Is Tynan a genius? How did he make this game but /v/ didn't?

cause /v/ doesn't make games

>still no z-levels
>but now your pawn's skill caps can be lowered if they don't practice enough

>now with 2 core support
>you have to wait till rimworld 4 until 4 core support

Post smol colonies.

when i'm done playing my mobage

How do I make a heart transplant?

Is it my game or do some faction leaders name change from time to time?

Am I the only one who thinks this girl is a qt?

>visitors arrive
>one have chemical interest
>spends all his silver on beer

lel

Why the fuck didn't he program this game to have multi core support from the start? It's literally the same issue Toady has with DF.

yeah

sometimes they die through unrelated events to your colony and get replaced.

cause it wouldn't affect sales at all?

did you know you can get lots of medical exp sterilizing your pets? get hares.

multiple cores is cheating

>tfw I'll most probably get to live in cyberpunk dystopia in my lifetime

>probably

>Stuck in tutorial because one character can't equip weapon
Yeah. The fuck is this.

Didn't mean to quote

cyberpunk is shit setting tho

Amputate damaged limbs and install peg limbs instead, or just have your trainee doctor tend to prisoners captured in raids and install boomalope nodules before you release them

Maybe from outside perspective.

Is this a meme? Every thread a dude doing the tutorial gets stuck because his colonist is a non violent numale.

This isn't going to end well

is rimfire compatible with combat extended?

>early wooden base with Extreme anal Randy
>cargo pod drop 400 units of chemfuel
>new colonist is a pyro
I'm not going to survive to see winter arrive, do I?

no

No, it legitimately happens and it's fucking annoying.

shit
any other good CE compatible weapon packs then? i cant find shit

rambo but it a lot of guns

At what point should one just give up?