lonebuckshot.tumblr.com/
assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/79898
youtube.com/watch?v=DDsRfbfnC_A
unity3d.com/book-of-the-dead
youtube.com/watch?v=9L7mZH2u3Qc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for being gay

second for even more gayness

Made a new thing. It's a bomb enemy, it destroys everything about it and kills the player if it gets to the end of the lane.

I think I'm done adding new enemy types. I'm gonna start working on the health and lives system properly, and probably start designing all the 3D models.

Anyone got a good example of an 8 direction sprite sheet? I fuggin suck at artfag shit

how do you overcome the constant feeling of depression and feeling like a failure and overcoming the fact you'll never make it?

spriters-resource.com/game_boy_advance/mother3/

its not a feeling its called reality

Is prostate stimulation being good for dev real or just a meme?

asking for a friend

can good and unique art compensate for lack of gameplay

yes

youtu.be/gaxc2l50nvM

Testing medals that give passive skills in battle!

It often does

yeah

>Paper Mario with bugs
Lad you're going to be rich

No school today, so I'll keep on pushing out as many characters as I can before my motivation fades

Damn dude you have the style down to a perfection

whats worse
giving up
or working on the same thing for eternity because you have trouble finishing projects

Focus on achievable daily goals. Finishing them gives you a boost of confidence to do the next set of goals and in time builds your discipline to finish long term projects.

Strong delusions and not giving a fuck

You are baiting, right?

>tfw both depressed and anxious
i have powers you runts cant even... d..d.d.d.dream offf.f.f...

Is that a theonian

I have some noob questions, Im making a game with gamemaker 2

>how do I add in animations for my character, such as attacking
>what is a good program to animate my characters and items

Thankyou and best of luck on your development

That sure is
Long time, no see!
I'm finally working on a project again. Made all these yesterday:

I know how hard it is force yourself to work on your game. Believe me, I do. Perhaps my hardworking single mother was not enough for me to learn what it means to be disciplined . But I still try, I try every day, just like she did. Some days when the going gets tough I remember a quote. The quote is not about game development but it very much applies here as well. You see, game development is a lot like running a shop. Some days the shop is full of customers, some days it's just collecting dust. Those days are the hardest, but you still have to open the shop. If you don't open the shop, you will never see a successful day. You gotta open up shop. Thank you.

>how do I add in animations for my character, such as attacking
please youtube this kind of extremely vague questions.
>what is a good program to animate my characters and items
there are several possibilities. once again, looking stuff up in the first place could let you know more about that.
but most simple, indie games go for spritesheets, which basically means "you draw everything".

God bless

>carellposter is back
get back to work you lazy fuck

I would, and Ive tried, but when I youtube or google these type of things I only get the "ad articles" that promote whatever paid for them. I was hoping someone here would be experienced enough to know. Or spam about premade models and characters animation while I want to make my own.
Its also hard to distinct for me what is good advice and what isnt from there because Im so inexperienced.

What is a good program to animate my main characters attack animation in so I can use it in my game. How do you add these animations into your game?

What kind of art are you using?, if it's pixel art, i use Paint.net for mine and it works fine enough, also, you're not going to get better and learn what works and what doesn;t by not doing any research for yourself.

hmm

Improved art a bit. Fog gets lights from windows and projectiles.

>trending
>cash out cashing in on social

2d handrawn then modified via photoshop.
So 2d. Think darkest dungeon

that looks sweet. How did you animate those characters?

I hope they're moving to the beat of the music

Do you dev professionally?

There's no way out of depression that would lie within gamedev or any other mental labor. All ways are external. Have a normal schedule, eat healthy, exercise, go out occasionally, don't fap too much.

Get some perspective. Realize your problems aren't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. Be thankful that you are able to stay in warm shelter with internet access and food.

drugs
kill those braincels that make you think and see reality for what it really is
delusional people are happier

we need more depression games

> don't fap too much
... is this a serious thing? I've been severely depressed for months and literally the only thing in my life that I still do that I used to enjoy is beat my meat. In fact, I jerk off literally every day at least 2-3 times minimum. Some days I get to 5 now. Is this what is holding me back?

How do you design Hard Surfaces ?
I get the gist of how you're supposed to model them but how do you decide on where to chamfer, where to had a nipply bit, and so on ? Especially for futuristic environements/ships.

I've got a question about shaders. Do games that do a lot of shader stuff on a character have all of that in a single shader along with the standard lighting? What I mean is like, if I have a character that could get wet which makes them shiney, get burnt which makes them darker, get frozen which turns them to ice, and dissolve with a dissolving effect. Are those all a single shader with variables to control them?

>he's never had a streamer play his game successfully
instant joy desu

I just go out and be myself. Girls love a gamedev full of confidence. When I whisper softly in their ears the amount of useless bullshit features I'm adding to my engine they can hardly stand on their legs. They know I'm not finishing shit and they don't care. And neither do I.

>hand drawn then modified in photoshop
Well then there you fucking go, animate frame by frame in photoshop.

Why do you have to be an asshole?
Im asking for help in a normal manner after doing my own research and you act like this

Either answer the question or dont waste my time brainlet?

>that smooth camera angle adjustment when you move horizontally
muh dick

K ill do that
only recently made the switch, this didnt even appear in my searches.

thankyou

If you fap more than a few times per week it becomes just another way of procrastinating.

Darkest Dungeon team used Spine for animation - youtube.com/watch?v=geeOBLJoPHs

How do you call the diference between the shmups that are infinite and the ones that have levels?

I'm not sure but it might be. I know this state when fapping is one of the few enjoyable things, but personally I feel better when I do other things instead and fap only when I actually want it.

>everything jitters while moving up and down stairs
This is why using ramps as the collision model is better.

Success gives you a temporary boost, but only for so much time.

It's called "shmup with infinite levels"
Or if you want to be a millennial, "roguelike shmup"

I think they are shaking too much. Creates lots of visual noise.

It's pretty much just a meme, but it doesn't hurt to try. You aren't going to become superman, but you could use that time to try out other hobbies. You shouldn't be doing anything if you don't want to do it. If you're jerking off just out of habit, even when you don't feel like jerking off, then you should probably fix that.

Getting down to my first gam in earnest after tinkering and learning over christmas.

GROOVY

talent

3d necrodancer? looks neato

Looks cool, what type of game are you going for? Roguelite like Necrodancer?

Yeah, I intend to rip off as much as I think I can get away with mechanically from that game. Maybe not the digging though.

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Horror JRPG
Dev: LoneBuckshot
Tools: Unity
Web: twitter.com/LoneBuckshot & lonebuckshot.tumblr.com/
Progress:
+ Working on some ambient horror music
+ Added debuff spells to Flesh Wraith and Corrupted Warden
+ Redesigning some dialogue sprites
+ You can bully pixies now

DBZ dance game?

Is Jeremy going to get to bone the demon

eye opening

Wtf are you doing here? Is this some new shitposting Meta? I feel so motivated and confused at the same time...

+ Working on some ambient horror music
neurofunk is great horror music material if you slow it down
maybe it will inspire you like it did for me

>what is payback effect

>over christmas
Are you a Serb?

Ragdolls and animating control points.

Yeah, I hope to have some music-beat detection in it.

Yes. Mostly AR and VR.

Get Cinemachine, solves it for free
assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/79898

I agree, will see if I can solve it.

I hope to add some secondary layer of information so it is more clear.

Unreal is finished
Godot is finished
The great emperor has descended from the heavens
youtube.com/watch?v=DDsRfbfnC_A

Shoutout to phi, you da real mvp

>that "wood-man" design

The guys that made Adam practically rewrote the whole engine to make the videos, new lighting (based on UE4), new environment building tools, basically new everything you see in the videos, and the few parts that they made open source are unusably buggy. Book of the Dead is most likely the same.
The things they use in the videos aren't available in the engine, nothing but misleading marketing to wow the uninformed.

>making games is hard
Wew. I wonder what you'd guys do to yourselves if you had to work a real job. I'm having a pretty good time making games, myself.

its not that unity is bad, its just that all the unity standard assets are horribly shit

out of the box unreal is way better in terms of everything

woah ver deep story

Yep. And on top of all that its for a fucking walking simulator. What a joke. Its good though, the more people that are fooled by this the better. Less competition for me.

I see no game.

Uh, think again, buddy
unity3d.com/book-of-the-dead

Post project.

what did he meme by this

I already read it, the Adam blurbs were equally misleading.

>unity showcases nothing but the pretty videos from the teams they specifically hired to make in the front page, none of which are games or even accurately portray the features of the engine
did they just give up on games?

DELETE THIS

>visual shader scripting
>custom render pipelines
How can anyone even compete now?

raytracing is finished you mean

Short answer:

There will be intimacy. You touch her soft and sensitive ears by accident at one point, which makes her moan. Read the long answer for a more detailed explanation of what I have in mind.

Long answer:

The story focuses on their interaction with each other and how they handle the problems the main antagonist throws at them. The pitch is that they both are chained together by accident and can only move a few yard from each other before one starts literally dragging the other. The antagonist guy is hunting them down to break the chain for reasons unknown, the bad news is that if the chain breaks, they both die.

The monster after them isn't your run-of-the-mill-chaotic-evil villain. He'll mess with them on a psychological level to the point where they slowly start to turn on each other, because they don't know what's real anymore and what's not. That's where they intimacy comes into play, because when one starts to crack, the other needs to tell them that everything is going to be alright. Which can lead to hand-holding, long walks on the corpse infested beach or general lewdness.. Then again Jeremy's a very pious person, so consorting with demons might corrode his character. Fun times ahead.

Also lewd cabbages

How do I do art if I can't draw???

- you don't
- you hack it
- you learn it for a llong time
- you get someone to do it for you

Do pixelmeme.

>neurofunk is great horror music material if you slow it down
Thanks, that not a bad idea. I'm currently messing around and trying different genres just for fun to see where I can take it. Also I hope that with practice I can come bit closer to making something dream-like, inspired by this:
youtube.com/watch?v=9L7mZH2u3Qc

And like mentioned you can now bully pixies and make them cry. That will teach them!

Are there any good books on actual game design rather than just introductions to programming?

no. game design is a black art. you can only learn by doing. and lots of introspection.

Here's a new one. This one I made after concept art from a group member, so it ended up looking a lot more "clean" than my usual stuff.

Game design is programming
Any idea from someone who doesn't know how to program is pretty much worthless