/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Natural beauty edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, with a fall 2018 PC release.
↳Third PS4 beta with a bonus Nergigante quest announced for 19th-22nd of January, no PS+ required.
↳Elder Dragons + Deviljho: youtube.com/watch?v=lmwxyM3sPwc
↳Full 2018 Winter Event Livestream: youtube.com/watch?v=FuxxrCmLi58
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Moveset Changes: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

There's no difference other than looking a bit paler

That is the point.

Remember to eat your veggies(meat)!

I'm waiting for MHP5
Main team MH games are kind of shit

Why the fuck do people give a damn about World? It has no fucking g-rank. Are you guys dumb?

I want to see what the veggie platter looks like in the full game

Bait somewhere els

I'm excited to see if it changes too. Ten days. I'm hype.

Because usually if the base game turns out bad the G version will be bad too
So if World is okay then World G will be great

These posts make me feel a little better about having to wait for PC. At least by then g rank will probably be out. Sucks that I'll have to leave /mhg/ until then though, goodbye frenz

>paying fullgoy price just to get bored after 100 hours because there isnt an end-game
Not being a capcom shill is bait now?

They're convinced that if they wish hard enough G rank will be a 5-20 dollar DLC this time instead of a separate game again, even though Dragon's Dogma also had the version with its expansion as a full separate game. If G rank is something you get a discount on for having the base game, it will only be on Steam because Valve enforces "upgrade to definitive edition" shit.

Milsy-chan for BWAK!

Post yfw you hunt with /mhg/ in MHW

>100 hours
>€55
seems fine to me
>endgame
lol

I never realized what a big boy he was...

>endgame
This isn't an MMO faggot.

MH is literally only about the endgame. It always has been.

So I read last thread that we can potentially get the Meowstress back as a housekeeper

Hello 4bab.

>World might be fun and long as F2 or Tri
>but also might be boring as P3rd
There is only way to know it !

WHERE ARE MY PLUMP HUNTRESSES CAPCOM? ANSWER ME
WHY.DO.WE.HAVE.SKINNY.HUNTRESSES IN WORLD?????

An user was giving a joke answer when you spoke confidently about something you didn't know about
We will never see Meowstress again

>this is be skinny

4U

>implying she won't have a cameo in the next Ichinose title

Think back to the SNES or PSX era. If you were lucky there were like 1 or 2 optional bosses after beating the game. It was a nice bonus. Didn't really affect the game and made it better or worse. It was just kind of nice to have.

Fast-forward to today. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people trash a game because the endgame was lacking. Even if they got 60+ hours out of the main story, they just don't seem to care. Endgame is where it's at. The game doesn't matter. Only endgame matters.

Two examples that still to this day baffle me: Pokemon and Dark Souls.

>Pokemon
Please illuminate me. Why do these games need endgame? And how can you seriously say something like 'the game sucks because there's not much endgame'? There's always the obvious things to do - catch all the Pokemon, battle others and breed the best Pokemon. I don't get it.
You're getting so, so many hours out of this game. Why the hell do you think the endgame has anything to do with the quality of the game itself? It's like people are completely dismissing everything the game has to offer, ignoring 99% of it, just to get hung up about the endgame, after they've already gotten at least an hour for every buck they spent on the game.

>Dark Souls
This one is even worse for me. These games are fantastic. They basically created their own genre and are probably the best long-running franchise to come out of modern gaming.
From the start these games were about conquering the challenges the game throws at you by trying over, over, over and over - getting a bit better every time. Then you'll reach the final boss and have one final challenge before you. With everything you've learned you're able to beat him and bring the story to an end... but wait, where's the endgame? omg game sucks, 1/10.

Does the C-stick work in MH3U for N3ds XL?

>It has no fucking g-rank
Like literally every single Monster Hunter game before World?

>he farmed relics when relics were banned in the only real "endgame" MH has ever had
cringe.

I love this franchise and it makes me sad to hear criticism about missing endgame in these games. I've seen people changing their opinion on the games entirely based on what's to do AFTER you've beaten it. Why? What's the point? You've beaten the game, everything else is a nice bonus, but seriously, just move on and stop trashing the experience because of something that's not even part of the main game.

I strongly believe that there's absolutely no obligation to have any type of 'endgame' or 'post-game' in any single player game ever. Why can't we just enjoy the game itself? Why do we need to have stuff to do in it after beating it? These aren't MMORPGs.It's making me really sad seeing games get trashed because of something that, ultimately, no game developer should ever focus on.

If you're a game dev - focus on making a good game. Give players a great experience. You don't need to have them stick around after they've experienced the story you wanted to tell.

Most of the times endgame feels shallow and uninspired anyway. Like something that just doesn't want to let go. And then you'll end up with The Hobbit. Because you just can't let a great experience have a satisfying conclusion.

To summarise your post:
>what the fuck, why have people's standards gotten higher over time?

>A 60 hour game with no endgame is bad
>A 30 hour game with endgame is good
This is you.

>Time attacks: 0
>Challenge Proofs: 0
Every.
Time.

I want to hunt! With /mhg/!

>tfw stuck in limbo waiting for EB to list the MHW PS4.

I went and looked at some forum discussion about the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Special Edition New 3DS XL and it seems that even back then, it took EB a week to get around to listing the console after everybody else. Am I really gonna be stuck waiting until next tuesday to even know if there's any chance of getting the machine?

The only thing in any MH that could remotely be called an "endgame" is if you grind for every weapon and armour set.
>m-muh G Rank
It'll almost definitely come with the free content patch.

Watermelon

are huntresses the true endgame?

It's like saying "HURR FOOTBALL IS SO BORING!!!! THE GAME HAS ONLY 5 MINUTES OF CONTENT! SHIT GAME!!!"

Switch NEVER EVER :^)

It is detected as a circle pad pro, it works.

MH has never been a game about the story/progression except in the first title, where it didn't work all that well. It is a franchise about the postgame, with the "game" being an extended tutorial. That isn't something exclusive to MMOs. MH is an arcade style (or to give more technical terms, instanced and episodic) game where the focus is on creating a loadout and the using that loadout to test your skill against a boss from a large roster, each of which is meant to still be as fun if not more fun after the fiftieth time fighting them as the second time. It is reasonable to expect an endgame that facilitates this longterm, and to expect several hundred hours out of a game like this one.

By comparison, a game with a rich story like Witcher 3 can only last 100 hours or less and still be a satisfying, enriching experience, but MH has a very loose, low-impact story that serves only as a frame for the instanced hunts you go on and to gate content so a new player isn't overwhelmed by the options (and so they don't leap straight into the hardest content and get their asses kicked). A game like MH leaves a player saying, "that was it?" if they run out of things to do in 100-200 hours.

*calls my buddy over from the next area*
*triple carts all the /mhg/ players in your room and makes the host question if /mhg/ rooms are really worth it*

stopped playing with /mhg/ for serious quests, it's alot easier and guilt-free to just kick poorly geared randoms and wing it than it is to pretend i'm not dissapointed when /mhg/ triple carts alot and ends up killing my rooms consistently

140 zingore proofs my ass, post proofs of even coming close to finishing 140 dual oroshi with an /mhg/ 4 stack

Yes

How do you feel about the fact that the new armor skill system guarantees you will never see a random without any armor skills active again? I'm going to miss going into a lobby and seeing a Frenchie with no skills active

>It is a franchise about the postgame, with the "game" being an extended tutorial.
Go play an MMO you retarded faggot

>It is a franchise about the postgame
Literally wrong. Stopped reading there.

>It is a franchise about the postgame, with the "game" being an extended tutorial.
"No."

>surprised that people have trouble with the shittiest 140
>disappointed that everyone doesn't put down the weapon they were using for fun and spam the two weapons that handle your shitty hunt well until you're satisfied

But Oroshi is easy af.

I think that was the reason why they change the skill system to that. Because shitters can't count to ten.

>Friend is new to MonHun and feels like this when joining in on the hunts with a couple of us more experienced Hunters
>Watch him progress. Starts out circling and timid, looking for openings. Then he gets too aggressive and gets punished for it. Then he starts reading telegraphs and dodging shit that always hit him.
>He starts noticing how much he's helping out when we start killing multiple monsters per hunt with plenty of time to spare and is thrilled at his progress and demands to learn more intricacies of his weapon

I fucking love me some newbies that want to git gud. I can't wait to get in on more huntan fun.

I look forward to seeing randoms with one point in a dozen skills that take at least 5 points to be worthwhile

>casual newbabs thinking they know what MH is about

but it's not shitty or janky, it's difficulty!
MHF2 veteran btw

>has nothing to add
>falls back to name calling
4UTIST hard at work again

>I have only played generations
actually I'm not sure where the fuck you guys are coming from, because generations has one of the shittiest "stories" and ends abruptly after a quest that finally seems like it might be the leadup to something very mildly challenging, and the online's main bulk is anemic while the endgame is a pretty good cast of endgame elders and metal raths (shit monsters, but still a respectable challenge). It's like none of you have played ANY MH before.

>How do you feel about the fact that the new armor skill system guarantees you will never see a random without any armor skills active again?
You will. The armor skills are pretty much the same as they've ever been, but instead of getting +0 for mismatching random shit you get really small but nice bonuses while the full worthy bonuses will only be achievable by equipping non-retarded combinations.
It's pretty much the same system, but with a bit of bing bing wahoo for the newfriends

This.
You're always guaranted a point, but many even the skills from the beta were pretty much useless at LV.1

you have 5 seconds to provide proof that you aren't a shitter
any apex 140 or super deviant solo will do

>no one even mentioned generations
>GENERATIONS OMG YOU FUCKING GENERATIONS FANS RREEEEEEEEEEEEEE
what the fuck? I'm an FU fag and I fucking hated Generations.

Have you ever considered that some people actually enjoy MH's gameplay and don't need a retarded loot treadmill to encourage them to keep playing forever you gibbering MMOfag?

It's not janky, but it's definitely shitty. Very few people enjoy either kirin and the ones that do are almost all HBG or glaive mains. And in a 140 being hit by them as HBG is a cart, albeit not as bad against oroshi since it doesn't also stun you and make moxie worthless.

Eat up, everyooone~
Well Done Steaks wrapped in Mosswine Bacon, served with Mango Juice (Energy Drink!)

Make sure you say the magic words before you dig into the Steak! If you do, you're almost guaranteed to get a rare drop on your next hunt!

I fucking hate this. Literally every time, list their shit late and scalpers have managed to set themselves up so they can snap them up the instant they're listed. I remember I missed out on the MH4U 3DS because I played some fucking Dark Souls. Wasn't listed before the session, was listed and sold out afterwards.

>I have only played Generations
Talking about yourself, endgamefag?

>the journey is what matters in MH!
>when enemies don't even start becoming a threat until the end
>when there are zero useful armor sets or weapons in between the obligatory starter stuff and endgame gear

Explain to me how I should "take things slow" when there's nothing to fucking make, I have no reason to farm any of these things

>Make sure you say the magic words before you dig into the Steak!
Rub a dub dub, thanks for the grub!

>C-casual newbabs....
>PROOFS: ZERO

>while the endgame is a pretty good cast of endgame elders and metal raths (shit monsters, but still a respectable challenge)
>GENERATIONS
>RESPECTABLE CHALLENGE

AHAHAHAHA

Most recent localised game, also a high rank game, also has ~200-300 hours of gameplay instead of the ~800-1000 a G rank title offers.

>loot treadmill
You're fucking retarded if you think that's what I'm talking about. I'd cheat for all the gear in the game and still play it for several hundred hours with G rank.

So every set should have ATK UP, Razor Sharp and Handicraft for it to be worthwhile? Why not just make a set because it looks cool?

Why, you--!

It's Dark Souls fags thinking that MH isn't literally all about the endgame challenge content.

is there any MH anime?

Rub a dub dub, thanks for the grub!

Capcom literally has never launched a Monster Hunter game with G rank. Those always come later. How fucking new are you? Go back to your GQ grind if you think it's so great. Don't buy MHW. No one is going to miss a retard like you.

YOU'RE NOT HELPING!

Retarded shills and contrarian hipsters, nothing new on Veeky Forums and certainly nothing new in /mhg/.

Pokemon and Dark Souls are very different games from MH. Pokemon is a pretty casual RPG. Dark Souls is more about its level design and progression than its combat.

MH has no level design beyond vague arena shapes. No real story. It doesn't have "progression" insofar that there's nothing worthwhile in between starter gear and endgame gear. All it has is its combat, and its enemies. So of course people are going to be focused on the part where those things shine the most.

pretty sure i even had blanche carting to #hardestmonster at one point

There's some manga, and Stories has an anime

There's a Monster Hunter Stories anime

It
Can't
Be
Helped

Because they know they can do half the work for the same amount of money if they release the unfinished game then add the 20% of the content that constitutes 80% of the gameplay on offer and rerelease it a year later. Capcom's shitty business practices doesn't have much to do with the devs' game design philosophy.

>Why not just make a set because it looks cool?
And then never wear it because it has fucking palico rally, defense up S and bio researcher? Come on man. One of MH's biggest problems is the hideous bloat of completely worthless skills no sane person would ever use.

No you fucking retard. They've always released them like this. Always. Stop posting.

There was no good 4th gen game.

Defense up is based though

Daytime /mhg/ is a mistake.

How much time till the Beta starts? I need something to play.

4U is the best game in the series if you ignore GQs (which you should, because relics are literally useless)

few days

blanche wasn't some sort of god and had off days like everyone else, duoing hard stuff with them we both carted all the time

>YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO POST IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME
Doesn't work that way, fucko.
>It's always worked this way.
No shit, Capcom (the publisher) has always been scum. That changes literally nothing about what I said. Get bent.

Except for all of them

4u is mediocre shit

53 hours and 46 minutes

we need to loli the /v/ away