/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, with a fall 2018 PC release.
↳Third PS4 beta with a bonus Nergigante quest announced for 19th-22nd of January, no PS+ required.
↳Elder Dragons + Deviljho: youtube.com/watch?v=lmwxyM3sPwc
↳Full 2018 Winter Event Livestream: youtube.com/watch?v=FuxxrCmLi58
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Moveset Changes: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

DB and Bow are so spammable that you see speedrun hunts where they literally not once use any other attack

Why the frick do people give a darn about World? It has no ducking g-rank. Are you guys dummy dumbs?

First for the Bone Zone map!

the phial explosions from the SAED don't launch players anymore.

Poking monsters! Ignoring swings, slingshots and super moves! Being tripped without some stupid mantle!
Lancing!

Now that we have a garon we need gougarfs!
garfs for world!

My nigger country's gamestop still hasn't put it up yet

Canada

I'm looking for some guys who are fun at parties.

Huntresses

I want to FUCK the handler so hard she goes into a coma.

pretty sure they at least get tripped
either way, SAED spam is anti-fun cancer and not something you want to get in a habit of.

yea PSN has an infinite amount of copies so i never have to worry about them running out

You and me both user.

Wait for EB to catch up to the rest of the world is painful as fuck. I remember the MH4U N3DS ended up being listed almost a WEEK after it went up for other markets.

Fucking the Handler so hard she goes into a coma! Handler is finally getting some sleep! She wakes up without those nasty bags under her eyes! Handler finally got some beauty sleep!

>PSN
>Console
I've been refreshing EBGames. I even asked someone whose friend works at EB to check it out, he hasn't gotten back to me yet.
JUST

I'm going to make the cutest huntress. I might even make one for each weapon depending on how good the character creator is. Yes I know this is autistic.

>not going digital
>having to display his autism in blue plastic
>grinding his teeth every time he has to switch CDs

JUST
U
S
T

I think it's odd. The Glacier White PS4 got announced alongside the MHW PS4 Pro. EB has listed the Glacier White online.

But know what's odd? They haven't tweeted about it. Almost like they're waiting to be able to make a post about BOTH the new PS4 Pro models they're about to start carrying

He's talking about the actual console you mongoloid.

>one for each weapon
bad news, waifuaddict. there are only 3 character slots.

why the fuck would you get a console with a paintjob? thats super gay and im not even trying to be edgy thats really fucking retarded

Hope we get it bro

What's your Discord? Always good to see another leaf mh player

I would think that at least something niche as the MH would give you enough time, but apparently not.

>Oh shit I'm retarded better go the extra mile

I don't discord. discord is cancer incarnate

Can't I just use a different account?
3 waifus is enough I suppose.

In the current year?

SAED spamming really is no different than how weapons such as DB, SnS, Bow, and LS for example all have the same rotation of building up to your ultimate move, using it, and rinse and repeat. It's just how many weapons handle now. are all weapons with that cycle anti-fun? I agree that SAED spamming is boring but that's just inherently how CB will be effective now, especially with nerfed axe MVs

Shaggy
Get the kurolist

>click on monster hunter beta in ps store
>this content cannot be displayed at this time
>literally everything else in the demos section works fine
what in the world is this

I just finished up development of MH5: Autist edition. Is this good enough for everybody or is there still too much verticallity?

>MOOOM LOOK IT HAS A RATHALOS ON IT HEY SIS TELL YOUR FRIENDS THAT IM SPECIAL SEE LOOK AT THIS SICKRED CONTROLLER

just get a black ps4 you unaware manchild

its absolutely fine if you just spam AEDs and GP like god intended.

OH NO NO NO NO

I suppose so.

Why would you need more than one character, let alone three?

Actually, yeah, making so many weapons center around that bullshit is a negative change and most people think so. It's why everyone arguing that World's combat is an objective upgrade is full of shit.

I think the only way it can easily be justified is if you're getting a ps4 and it's cheaper to buy that bundle instead of the console+game seperate.

Look I feel sorry for you and your brain problems, so I'll just give you the heads up. It's cheaper to buy the bundle than it is to buy the console and game separately. Nevermind that a fan might actually want to have that edition.

beta is on the 19th i think and they've had it on the store so it can be downloaded a couple days before a new wave starts

bitch i would pay the $10 you're saving just so they dont put that gayass sticker on my shit

You should probably keep your 10 so you can afford the co-pay on your medication.

do you have to download the 3rd beta client or can we just use the same client we've been using for the last two betas?

I'm assuming they store quest/monster info server side

You can use the same client

right after i fuck your mother

same beta client will work

Weapons have always had patterns and combos to achieve top times and dps, what's wrong with making them more flashy and (subjectively) more fun to use?

You still have to know how to use the weapon effectively and how to not get shit on and best get to that ultimate move. are you just gonna stick to the weapons that don't have these types of set ups?

Why do you even play Monster Hunter if you don't like cool things?
Why do you give a fuck what other people do with their money?
Do everyone a favor and kill yourself.
You're obviously a jealous welfare recipient, otherwise known as a nigger.

You must be 18 to post here.

anyone here bought the MGSV ps4?

Because those patterns and combos used to be more varied or skillful before for most weapons. Sure, getting the most out of 1 move still takes still, but you're also still just using 1 move.

rathian armor is the cutest

You fuggers still arguing about se console? Jesus. I mean I understand some people like shit like that, but what, do you just sit there and stare at it? I don't understand the motivation or phychology behind it besides the resale value for other weirdos that sit there, staring at their consoles.

>phychology
SEETHING

I can't even look at it and probably the most autistic thing I've ever owned and I even have a dragon dildo I bought to be ironic.

Glavenus, Mizu and Astalos for World DLC!

DUUUHHR?

I hate the surprised question mark or exclamation shit.

Nigger some people like cool shit. I'm sorry you're some weird robot or computer program that can't grasp such a simple human emotion.

>made way to early
>no mention of /ourguy/ Rathalos' Piss 4

C'mon son.

Bring Toka girls back in World!

i better see redhelm in world or im gonna be mad

I'm phoneposting from my back deck man. Gimmie a break. Clover doesnt have spellcheck and I wrote that quick.

Holy fuck kill yourself fag

>back deck
>winter time
nice try, gardener. If you aren't white, wtf are you doing here?

You gonna be mad af then

thankfully the moves are satisfying and fun to use, at least currently while they're still fresh and new.

maybe I'll get bored with SAED focused CB play or Helmbreaker LS play eventually, but for now, it doesn't seem too much like a slap in the face of the old ways they used to play.

I do agree that having many weapons focused around that one "super move" to get top DPS does make it less varied and skillful, though. I guess it's an example of what people get butthurt about when they scream MUH CASUALIZATION

Would you put a sticker on your computer? How about on your car? Spray paint your shoes different colors or put black tape on your backpack? What about getting your retarded bonerhuffing buttbuddies to sign your skateboard? Getting that PS4 would be no different.

Sorry I forgot its winter everywhere. I'll have a chat with summer about that.

Deviants are likely exclusive to Ichinose games.

*Puffs up*

I mean, it's kind of different because it's an official product. If I draw a Rathalos on my PS4, it probably goes down in value. If Capcom pays some people to etch and sketch Rathalos into a bunch of PS4s, they are worth something to people.

>being a third worlders
>playing MH

ok im starting to get mad

the only way your rathalos box will ever raise in value is if tomorrow they discover it can mine bitcoin now gtfo

Why do you hate freedom so much you commie?

I see you don't understand hobbyists and collectors.

Threadly reminder.

Think of it this way. If you went to a monthly art festival to buy paintings to hang on your wall, and that was the only reason you went to the festival but there were some really good painters there, would you keep going if they stopped selling or even showing paintings there? Would you be upset if everywhere else you could buy art in your area had shitty paintings?

Now replace "art festival" with "monster hunter," "monthly" with "annual," "art" with "hunting games" and "paintings" with "challenging hunting games." If you bought monster hunter each year because you wanted to play a challenging hunting game, and then MH stopped being challenging, would you continue buying MH titles? Would you be upset if that happened and all the other hunting games you could find had little challenge or the wrong kind of challenge?

Aussie masterrace man. I'm a happy thirdworlder.

I hope daddy Nergigante is as ruff and tuff as he looks

Oh wait, you're the autist who was complaining about the PS4 MH bundle being too expensive in Ausfailia. LMAO poorfag salty grapes and foxes

:joy:

How autistic do you have to be to look to fucking video games for challenge? Pick up a sport, or learn a useful skill. Video games should be simple, casual entertainment.

i want nergigante to bully a kutku like that

This is bait right?

>I suck at video games so they should be easy
Everyone look at this fag. Point at him and laugh.

How challenging are you looking for? It's not like World is going to be a cakewalk. Is everyone in /mhg/ fucking gods at this game or something?

Come onnnn you. I know what you're trying to do and I'm having none of it.

user, it's okay if you've never been good at a video game.

It certainly feels easier than P3rd so far, just based off low rank at least.

we're better than your average bear, and the average /mhg/ hunter might as well be a god relative to some of these video game "journalists"

Have you never played MonHun?
A common issue is players who have played multiple games become very efficient and the games have tended to decline in difficulty.
I remember my first Great Jaggie took like 30 minutes, but now I tend to zone out in all but G Rank hunts because everything is second nature to me.

T. Tri Babby

Huh? The fuck? I'm one of the autists who doesn't know why people collect bits of customised plastic. You on the otherhand seem intent on having an argument, because of a typo, the fact its not winter and I'm on my back deck enjoying life? Whos more autistic here?

When the PC version comes out I'm going to put into free on the main menu

>not coils of light or eternal return
pleb taste

Probably a god relative to alot of video game players. The average person playing a video game is almost painful to watch hurrdurr i have 20 hp im gonna die,
guess im gonna run in

The only good coils of light is the nip version.

Considering he was solo'd by some random dudes playing at a kiosk within 9 minutes with low rank gear and weapons, not a fucking chance sadly. Still looks rad as hell though.