/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Can't appreciate true beauty: >New players read this then finish the game without spoilers: i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>NEWS:
-Dec 7/2017: youtube.com/watch?v=OAYhXKC0LJ8
-Dec 26-29: Unused bosses & test areas are now safe chalices that anyone can use - i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png
-Jan 11/2018: Dark Souls 1 Remaster announced for PC, XBONE, PS4 and Switch, releasing May 25

>Helpful links:
-/bbg/ Resource Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
-Wiki: bloodborne-wiki.com/
-Build planner: mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
-AR calculations: pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>Chalices:
-How to unlock FRCs for spelunks, fight clubs & gem farming: i.imgur.com/0AwN4Lo.jpg
-Gem farming chalices: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gems: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-Edited chalices: i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png (Unused bosses, test areas, early runes/weapons)

>PVE - Spelunking:
-Spelunks happen, join em, host em
-Set the chalice to Open and region to Worldwide
-Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/ihd176b.jpg
-Pthumeru: 7hjhf43b
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.png (embed)

>FAQ:
Q: Where do I get/put the best gems? A: bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
Q: How do I setup arcane builds? A: i.imgur.com/73dnuUm.jpg
Q: How to access the DLC? A: i.imgur.com/XaRuxgF.png
Q: Did I miss a quest? A: i.imgur.com/Uzg8XI6.png
Q: Is this game active for coop and pvp? A: Yes

For the League

PURGE FILTH

PURGE FILTH

(embed) thanks for updating the OP

I want to play through NG with the Rakuyo, Reiter, or Boom Hammer!

>there are still people posting in old thread
Beastly idiots

Why are you posting on Vietnamese basket weaving forum instead then?

Because I don't know anyone who will give them to me since my only meat friend who plays Bloodborne got completion sickness and stopped just after Mergo because he didn't want to progress any further and he already +9'd his reiter

50 blt reiter and ludwigs cannon in hand is my favourite meme build desu

parry someone and they will be one shot by the cannon 99% of the time

You can't drop items in Bloodborne

I have 41 health plus the two main clock runes and I'm only level 56. Hosts hit me when I invade them in PVP and it just tickles me, like 1-5% of my life bar per hit. It's like I'm super overleveled but I'm not

Is the user asking about the Boomhammer/Toni still here? The four answers he got made me die inside.

>he doesn't know

See? That's why I'm posting. You learn things.

Stop being so divisive. Vilebloods and Executioners can live together in harmony.

This is too far.

>Defensive
What?

>recreating the exact same build just to change the name

do I have autism?

>Do this
>Delete the new one
You don't understand user

>playing the game 11 times and ending up with a stake driver build each time

No I have autism

Are the 3 Brain fluids unique? Im wondering if anyone has attempted to loot dupe a brain fluid. If you could, and they arn't unique, i wonder I you could give adeline a duplicated one to skip killing her (as a novelty). If no one's tried it i'll give it a go.

About to start Ailing Loran. Anyone want to join me? Ringing layer one lamp.
Pass:bbg

>Stake Driver
At least it's the good kind of autism.

i am here. please let me know what you think im pretty lost here

>Have two characters with slight differences
>Both still have 50 strength and use pizza cutter

Divisive. It means instead of saying things like "purge filth" we need to set aside the differences and really join together. Imagine what Yharnam could have been like if only the Executioners and Vilebloods joined forces.

>attempt to use absolute vanilla Ludwig's to try and break steak's hold on me
>pick up steak, thinking I just kind of want to have it
>steak gets +10 first
>also it gets all my best gems
>also I'm using it exclusively

Loving steak is suffering

Powder Kegs would burn everything

Shared Fixed Dungeon or something else?

What's the ribcage with an up arrow under health bar and next to quick item mean?

Nice big boy words bruh but it just sounds like TINY DICK excuses to me lol.

I started my first playthrough over again at bl 64 because I accidently leveled 6 points into blt and realized it was useless for my build.

I would assume so, since they're held in the key items tab.

I can't believe that just happened. Ringing again goddammit.

Isn't arc damage kind of terrible for pve? it seems like most bosses have high resistance to it.

pthumerians are weak

DAMN NIGGA HAS A MACHINE GUN

Most bosses have huge weaknesses to either bolt or fire, so it's actually pretty powerful. The greatest obstacle for an arc character is the worthless visceral damage, but blasting a prone enemy with a charged r2 achieves the same effect. Being able to cheese most bosses/enemies/NPC hunters with the Blacksky Eye and Augur of Ebrietas are nice perks, too.

Ok.

Well, first thing's first; Boomhammer and Tonitrus flourish under very different builds, at least at our level meta. If you're going to level Strength and Arcane to 50, you can completely disregard most of what I'm about to say regarding the weapons' scaling.

Boomhammer does mostly Blunt Physical damage. In fact, the only attacks that do any Fire at all are the three you can do after you "cock" the weapon using the trick button.

Therefore, Boomhammer does the best under a 50-Str, 25-Arc build. From there, you can further specialize for Blunt Physical damage by using Adept gems, or you can bring up both damage types by using Nourishing gems.

Tonitrus on the other hand really shines when ramping up its Bolt damage using a 50-Arc build and gemming it with Bolt gems.

Like the Boomhammer, you can make it perfectly serviceable by using Nourishing gems instead, but it will always be better going 25-Str, 50-Arc; as opposed to Boomhammer, which will always be better at 50-Str, 25-Arc.

Now, if this is your first build/playthrough and you don't care about that stuff, bringing Str and Arc to 50 and using Nourishing gems is more than fine for both.

Any got the webm of that guy who goes fucking nuts on orphan of kos with the beast claws? Just beat him for the first time today and I'd really like to see him getting fucked up by based beasthood

I was thinking about pure ARC damage, it seems pretty worthless to put on weapons compared to bolt or fire. My current character is ARC/SKL so my viscerals do decent damage.

>it seems pretty worthless to put on weapons compared to bolt or fire
It is with the exception to Pthumerians, and somewhat to Darkbeasts. Also piggus, but who cares about that.

thank you so much for your words, i gotta browse through what gems i actually have and make a decision. i no longer have PS+ so gem grinding can be lame

Oh, yeah. I don't get it either. It's especially disappointing since the parasite is such a cool weapon. I have no reason to use it over a bolt or fire infused weapon.

Parasite is pvp weapon for pve use saw spear and hunter tools mainly

The L2 one hit from a properly gemmed parasite can easily oneshot 3 people at lower levels.

No prob. I know how overwhelming this stuff can be. It's a shame you don't have PS+. You can get good Bolt gems in the DLC though. You can also get pretty good Adept gems from Lower Pthumeru if you're doing the "Story" Chalice Dungeons. Nourishing gems can drop from the Gargoyles in Ihyll, and Amygdala in Cursed and Defiled Pthumeru.

Happy hunting, m8

>You can also get pretty good Adept gems from Lower Pthumeru
Actually I should elaborate on this. You can get Adept gems from Watchers and Undead Giants, but there's a specific Watcher in Lower Pthumeru, Layer 2, who can drop good Cursed gems, and isn't a boss so he's farmable without fretting over Ritual materials.

thank you thank you sir!

And we shall call it Wheelsteel.

>invade "Autistic Jew"
>start dropping all my shekels
>like a true autist he does not how to deal with the situation
>he starts dropping shekels too
>it's a merry time until go on the offense
>his Ludwig's tickles me as I rip off half his HP with a Bloodletter swing
>drop shekels on his corpse
Forgive me Schlomo. Do not attack my credit score with your magic

I would prefer Conehead+Vile armor+exe trousers+exe gauntlets.

*invades your country's infrastructure and corrupts it from the inside*
psh... nothen personnel, goy...

Having Jews in power would most definitely be preferable than Mugabe famalam

Fighting against some bosses has made me realize that Miyazaki must really love the "delayed AoE" thing

it's supposed to make reactionary faggots slip up and really think for once

>Ebrietas
>literally can't see my character for 3/4 of the fight
>still manage to dodge every attack
Feels good as heck, buds.

Thanks to Alba for carrying my ass.

>watching a speed run
>apparently if you hit a boss x times in x location, they stagger and die in a couple combos

i had no idea all this time

That's best strategy against Hotdog, hit the limbs and face

boop em on the snoot

Is the best skl/blt build supposed to be 50(skl)/25(blt) or 50(blt)/25(skl)

>Doing Frontier PvP
>Started with 0 insight
>73 insight and still have full vials/bullets
It's like fighting dummies

Depends on the weapon but I prefer 40/40

>play through dark souls several times
>always end up doing a quality build with claymore or zweihander
>play bloodborne for first time
>end up doing a quality build with LHB
what weapons should I use on my second playthrough in order to be less boring
probably going to do a no shield run with the claymore on DaS1 when it's rereleased anyway

ahhh, its been too long since i've been in one of these threads. i picked up dark souls 3 and a ps4 for christmas and have been playing it since, but i used to spend all my time playing bloodborne.
is this game dead yet?

Nope

Can't go wrong with Whirligiggy

I thought these games were supposed to have good bosses, I'm on a string of a ton of terrible fucking bosses
>Amelia
>Witches
>Paarl
>Shadows
>The One Reborn
All fucking miserable. Logarius was great but he hardly makes up for the rest of them

They have not finished build yet and you are likely max gemmed...

What's the best level to get consistent frontier invasions? 43?

>amelia was a bad boss
lul

God no. We even got a bunch of new content for christmas. New bosses and dungeons and we even got the unreleased final boss of the game.

Amelia is fine, Paarl is okay imo (not many people like him) but the rest aren't that great I'll agree. DLC bosses are amazing though

I'm at 150 dude.
Trying to fight redditors here.
Honestly 43 and up.
It's very active up to 150ish it seems
On my 98 I'd get constant invasions. Much faster than what I'd get at our FCs

>The League are proud hunters, they prefer to hunt in groups
>Spins pizza cutter
>Roar emote

It was. Pretty much every large boss in this game has been cake if you hug the hip but she was ridiculous.

I would have liked Paarl much more if I felt like I was fighting the boss more than I was fighting the camera

Wait what??? New Bloodborne content? You're kidding right?

The camera does get crazy, helps to play unlocked

Check the OP

Queen Pthumera was kinda shit fight, to be honest.

Yeah those words like "divisive" and "joined" are a little too academic, I would concur.

I'm not a native speaker but I think you must be a fucking redneck or something.

currently on a lvl 70 pure arc build with 51 arc so far and it's only gonna go up. Auger is p badass and my fire gemed saw spear scales arc very well not to mention the toni too

>saw spear
>Tony
Let us know when you use some real weapons.

Only word I need to know is GIRTH sonny.
So just back off and let other men do the job.

All righty.

>Get summoned for Umi-Bozu
>Host immediately falls in the water

>Summon for Umi-Bozu
>Visitor immediately falls in the water

Itskushima is the Amygdala of Nioh.

Zullie the Witch, /dsg/ and /bbg/'s native dataminer, found a way to access developer test maps in chalice dungeons, some of which have cut content enemies and bosses in them. Right around Christmas, Zullie shared glyphs anyone can use to enter the dungeons, making the bosses available to everyone.

Posting this here

Is it worth using ludwigs rifle for damage even if you have low blt?

>level 120

What's the point of the Hintertomb chalice then? Just the armor set you can get from it?

Used to be mandatory to get the SRRC.

Protip: try the greataxe instead of the claymore/zwei. It's similar enough to feel familiar, but it's not another sword. Or you could try the halberd. It's a complete monster.

In BB, give Burial Blade and Kirkhammer a shot.

but giant swords are my fetish user!
halberds too though so maybe I'll try that

Your forgot
>host gets one shot by bouzu beam
Is dlc good btw? I still haven't gotten around to it and just keep playing BB instead.

Anyone wants to help me bully Ebrietas?

pass:bbg

The vanilla halberd in DS1 is one of[/spoiler] my weaponfus. Great reach, hits hard, and the R1s recover quickly if they connect, so you can chain them together. The crystal halberd you find in Anor Londo is positively monstrous.

I still use the Zwei for pancaking scary enemies, though.