/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch.tv
youtube.com/watch?v=Ln9SywzWDas&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why aren't you maining this EXCELLENT man?

Alright any yoshi players around, I've got a question. Is it worth it to use SS2 for whiff punishes over doing d/f2? The hitbox sometimes lets me down in crucial moments where the move completely whiffs, but the damage is higher than what you get off d/f2 off-axis. Do any of you use it or just use d/f2 or hopkick for whiffpunishes after sidesteps?

I like him but fuck just frames.

SS2 is 18 frames while df2 is 15 and the damage difference isn't that big. If you make a big whiff happen you could go for SS2 but you should stick to df2 t b h

The only just-frame that is required to play him well is b1:1,2 and it might be the easiest justframe in the entire game.

poor ranged game and whiff punishment which does not fit my playstyle. otherwise he's classy af

Good point. Also ss2 is -13 so if I manage to fuck up my punish and my opponent is sharp I'll eat a punish. While d/f2 is safe.

My problem is that if I'm going to play the character with one of the best 10f punishers in the game I'm going to fucking want to use it. Maybe I'll pick him up sometime in the future as I do love doing slides but in the meantime I'll just play other characters.

I keep hearing that you can consistently mash out 1:3:3:3 but I never could get it myself.

Shaheen is actually dope.

Nobody whiffs at high level

>Green connection
>Instantly drops to red whenever I land a launcher
>Goes back to green whenever he gets a launcher
Good game.

yeah they do because high level players know how to make their opponents whiff

uhhh

How do you yoshimitsu?

clips.twitch.tv
/LaconicBlindingBibimbapGingerPower

feel the pogo
breathe the pogo
BECOME the pogo

youtube.com/watch?v=Ln9SywzWDas&feature=youtu.be

Too bad I'm never gonna play at high level huh?

I hate that stupid running move where he flips and slams his knees down on you

umm lol?

this is why 2d fighers will forever be trash t b h

>nobody whiffs at high level

I need to practice against this move, feels like whatever I do I get hit instead. Probably as simple as just jabbing or using highs but I'm stupid.

He can duck during that move and launch highs, but yes that's how you float him

Me neither, would play him if I could.

1:3:3:3 takes some practice but something will eventually click and you'll be able to pull it off most of the time. My tip is to hit 1:3 quickly, and then wait until Lee raises his leg and is about to whip his ankle for the first kick and then hit the last :3:3 fairly quickly. Not so fast like you're trying to mash it out; you have to develop a slight rhythm for it.

I still struggle with his [3,3]:4. I haven't figured that one out yet.

Reasons why you probably shouldn't play Lee:

Poor whiff punishment, poke focus means good fundies are needed, struggles to push an advantage or maintain an offence, CH launch reliant, high execution.

Would that be the best option for the helicopter too or is ducking better against that? That grab is obnoxious but ducking in reaction was inconsistent because I was super tired so I was wondering if there are other options.

>sidestep xiaoyu's running attack
>little late on the whiff punish
>get launched
I love it.

Depends how he enters the helicopter. If he's in it with frame advantage, don't mash anything just try to guess. Mashing would mean you lose no matter what move he does.

If he gets there at negative frames like after a blocked 3>4,u or a blocked WS2,1 then feel free to float him with a jab

I play Jack and it's hard to remember how he did it but every time I got grabbed I felt I could have reacted if I was more alert. When I did react I'd WS1 for launch punish. Does helicopter have any mid hits or will ducking fully trump it's options? Thanks for the help, by the way.

It's a mixup stance, of course he has mids.
As Jack your best bet would be f2 I think

Helicopter > 4 is a launching mid kick.

1 > unblockable mid
2 > launch jab high
f+2 > tailspin high
3 > low CH launcher
4 > tailspin mid
3+4 > unblockable grab

Any Lee players here?
How am I supposed to do b2f b2f or b2f bws2,4?
They both start with b2 after the b2f so what the fuck

Yoshi has moves with frame advantage?

Sounds good, I'll keep it in mind next time I fight a Yoshi. I didn't know it was even a mixup stance since they almost always went for grabs and it worked against my stupid ass. I'll keep in mind next time that if it's a plus on block situation just go for the safe bet of f2 or possibly 2,1 otherwise make the call to duck or not (especially those that are grab happy).

Thanks again for the help, how strong are the mid options he can get from the mix up? Is it a launcher or just a solid hit?

if 3>4 hits you then he's at +9 in helicopter.
If ws2,1 hits you then you get launched.

Hesitation is another type of advantage and he can create it by cancelling other moves into helicopter

Damn those are good as fuck options, didn't know he had so many. Do the moves that transition to helicopter jail or is it possible to kbd away? I should probably just improve my keep out game to avoid this all together.

>plus on block situation
wot, no. Mate did you read what I said? Yoshi's moves that transition into helicopter are all minus on block

It's not a "safe bet" you literally jab him and it's guaranteed

Play Jim Bishiba

To do ws2, b~n+2

Maybe when he stops being a Sasuke lookalike bitch.

kat sux!!

>Do the moves that transition to helicopter jail
He has no high moves that transition into helicopter so no?

You would be depressed too if you couldn't stuff your face in Asuka's titties

Oh I misread, okay cool so if he transitions to helicopter from a string I blocked then I should just float his ass. I need to get more balls because a lot of strings that fuck me up can be halted by an i10 and Jack has an amazing one.

Okay cool.

Thanks again for the help, guys.

No problem pham, and just to be clear that you know what jailing means, it's when two consecutive highs cannot be ducked.

A generic 1,2 is a good example of this. Load up the game against a regular character ( for example Jin ) and record him doing 1,2. Try to duck the 2 after blocking the 1. You'll see that you cannot because you are "jailed"

Ah okay I misunderstood jailing as movement not just ducking. I know if a move didn't jail you could duck the next hit like SEVERAL scrub killer strings in the game (looking at you Nina) but I also thought you could dash out. Clearing up tiny misconceptions really makes you understand stuff so much better.

Isn't jailing a general term for not being able to move between the two moves rather than being limited to just highs? For example, if the mids in a mid, mid, low jail you can hold df during the string and automatically low parry the low.

Don't do Jack f2 against Yoshimitsu's helicopter stance. It's a shitty for Jack because he can't get a float but you can armour through stuff with ub1+2 and get a combo because Yoshi is in the air.

I don't want to to lose because i've never seen that move anymore

Im sick of it

Then learn movement

Won't that lose to the grab, though?

If f2 loses him the juggle then 2 is his best bet. 11 frames instead of 10 isn't that big of a difference when the other guy is in a stance where he can't block

Yes. Nothing beats every option.

1 frame makes a big difference because 2 will trade with the launcher jab after 3~4.

I need some Miguel tech traps.
Let's say I give em one of these, df1 SAV2 as they are on the wall, which move will give me highest chance for extra damage?

>savior thinks he's good
lmao

I'll keep it in mind then although for now all Yoshi's I meet online go for grabs so I think my best bet for a starting Gambit is to jab or duck then feel out what kind of player he is to mixup my answers to his mixups.

Thanks for the tip.

>Yes. Nothing beats every option.
Not when it comes to punishment, and anything that is i10 is guaranteed in this case. It just so happens that Jack doesn't have a generic jab string.

is he /ourguy/?
>refuses to learn the game
>complains about """"unga""""""
>scrub mentality
he's basically /tekgen/: the streamer

Play the shit out of Asuka

user sux!!

I'll sniff her.

I want to see an example of this "movement" used on green rank scrubs.

I think I have seen this bait before.

Yeah I think doing 2 or ub1+2 depending on what they're doing is pretty good.

You learn how to backdash twice in a row, and then when to do it.
It'll beat a lot of shit

backdash and wait for them to throw a random attack into the air. launch for free wins. repeat til you are orange rank and you unlock playing tekken for real.

What if they don't just whiff for no reason?

Then you're safe

Yeah I'll do that or if I'm a sliver away from closing the round out I'll go for a f2 since it beats all the options like said since I won't have to care about getting more out of the punish.

Facts can't be bait.

There are lots of reasonable people here tho. Why do you say that the scrubs represent the entirety of /tekgen/? ( or as some call it, /tgg/ - teggen general )

shtop spemmin
SHTOP SPWAMMING

I don't get it

Read it again

Still don't get it

Then you are completely safe? What's the problem?

Do you know what a backdash is?

works in any rank, really.

So do we just keep backdashing until the timer runs out is what you're saying?

No. Answer this question please

I don't know, are you gonna keep being a smartass cunt about everything?

>he doesn't play a mishima

You're not playing Tekken. Plain and simple. You can alleviate this a little though by learning how to do 10 EWGFs within 10 seconds.

>do two backdashes in a row
>"so we just keep backdashing until the timer runs out?"

I'll stop being a smartass once you start reading

Do you have the life lead? Then yes. Do you not? Try to get the poke in that gives you the lead. Also this is low rank so very few will have the patience to wait even with a lead.

If they never attack you win free.
If they only attack at point blank range then you can punish their approach free.
If they don't do either of the above you can create whiffs with movement.

Playing a character with a hellsweep is playing with training wheels

wtf i just got ch df2 pewgf by a fucking grandmaster

Can I cop that somewhere? There is nothing on the interwebs.

outskilled

What's your gameplan after you backdash, but they don't whiff is what I was asking you asshat
Were these posts so hard for you to say

Get 50/50d kid.

Really need to get that kbd working.

if you aren't playing a waifu you aren't playing REAL tekken

>What's your gameplan after you backdash, but they don't whiff is what I was asking you asshat
Now you're at the same distance as the start of the round. What do you do at the start of the round?

Who, me?