/rwg/ - Rimworld General

Genetic Abomination edition
Where to get mods:
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=15.0
steamcommunity.com/app/294100/workshop/

Mod List pastebin.com/raw/txikU8ti
old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/7qh746/next_patch_will_be_10_confirmed_by_tynan/dsplgc1/
s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=35109588337109078875
pastebin.com/V35uas1w
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=972057888
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

mountains are comfy

until the bugs come.

Genetic Rim sounds interesting but I'm not autistic enough to try it, to be honest.

What stories can you tell me about what you do in Genetic Rim, or what you see, /v/ ? Maybe you can convince me with some stories.

it's pretty barebones

they can't come when you turn them off to begin with

Anyone used King's Slaves' mod? what does it even do?

>cheating

Next time someone makes a OP put the lttlword.ru site in it so faggots will have atleast some place to look for steam mods outside of steam.

Adds faction of slavers. Those come with flavor weaponry and clothes explosive belts and collars among those.

>.ru

Are they super strong or regular?

Rimsenal's suicide bombers are some tight shit.
>that one time you didn't shoot them on sight and he got close to you
Never again.

it gives you some fun ways to fight off raids and get animal resources. The spidersnake in the OP pic periodically sheds its skin, and 5 skins can be turned into a neutroamine, so you have a way to get it slowly without having to trade for it. You can build an animal control hub that lets you draft your hybrid animals and gives them abilities, so you can do shit like spam poison clouds on a chokepoint and kill raiders with toxic buildup. it's worth checking out for some laughs, like making a thrumbalope that blows up like an antigrain warhead and gives massive amounts of chemfuel. it's also got patches to support the cosmic horrors and dinosauria mods, he said he was going to work on an animal collab project patch next.

Remember to always dream big like Macy here

I don't know if I asked this or I just thought about asking. But does the Accurate Mortar mod makes Mortars 100% accurate or does it let me adjust the miss radius?
the vanilla mortars' miss radius is ridiculous, I would like to adjust it.

the mod page on steam says it changed the miss radius from 11 to 5.

Thanks, I actually didn't look it up, just remembered some folks talking about it here. gonna check it

I don't trust Russian sites they hacked US elections

They're low level danger.
Never seen belt explosion though, I've raised relations with them to sell surplus staff.

To whoever asked about the source for leather changes in the next update here is Tynan's post. He also confirms version 1.0 will be becoming out before late 2018 but that's almost a given with his previous release schedule.
reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/7qh746/next_patch_will_be_10_confirmed_by_tynan/dsplgc1/

incapable of everything except plantcutting, art, and wardening. Good for something atleast.

So, I've fixed the offmap birthing with RJW.
Obviously it was not related with the dead in any way, those do not become null pointers.
Also, now it should leave pure animal pregnancies for vanila code to handle them.

Can't be assed to do a fake register for a fake register for a fake register at that shady github clone.
Used hosting found in google. If anyone here already registered, feel free to put this in a merge request to main repo.
s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=35109588337109078875

Also, whoever said that rjw creators were monkeys, fuck you. With that steaming pile of tangled and undocomented shitcode the core of rimworld is, they're big damn heroes to actually get this thing up in the air.

>253 animal rapes

>when you join PETA because you love animals but the animals end up loving you instead

>insects loved

Not the your replying to but. Does that mean someone has merge it or something and then upload it somewhere else for us plebeians to finally get the fix?

What was the error anyway

put in merge request
author looks at code
approves or denies
mod is updated for us plebs

The link above is fixed version of the mod.
There is a git repo that is currently considered a center of all development efforts on the mod.
If someone is motivated enough they go and see the fix implemented in the above to be included in the main code base.

The error was with caravans not moving due to null pointer errors thrown by rjw when pregnant things were sold and off the game maps.

Just use the forums that are displayed in the actual game. The bit where it says "get more mods".

>adjusting
:^)

So for anyone that hasn't sold s pregnant woman there are no error logs?

Pregnant doggos count too.

So now that 1.0 has been announced, can we expect Tynan to just tell everyone to fuck off when we ask him to fix his fucking game?

He basically already did inHe even said he won't fix anything people ask him to fix and instead will focus on stuff no one has asked him.

Confirmed we get windmills or some shit to use rivers, and nothing else.
>he won't use water for anything else
Fucking tynan

But user, radiant modding community ! They will make all the furry mods you don't want.

>two factions that hate each other meet at my base
Holy shit the rape after the battle was hilariously insane.

Just checked and a girl got raped 8 times that night.

>don't want
hah

>Coldsnap tonight
its time to start a ice sheet run I guess

>want to play Rimworld
>can't automate enough things to be satisfied
>want to play Factorio
>can't layout blueprints to automatically get done until the mid-late game
Just fuck my shit up.

>Can't automate enough things to be satisfied
How? I've got my colony pretty much entirely automated, pretty much the only thing I ever have to stop the game for is when Infestation shows up.

[sploiler]Press Ctrl+S you filthy phoneposter[/spoilar]

I really don't like how turrets don't take ammo, and a lot of other things. I can kinda get it how I want it in rimworld, but its not the autistic control I have in factorio. But I also hate the initial base starting phase in factorio so fucking much, where in Rimworld its the early game is really easy.

pastebin.com/V35uas1w

>animal is trying to rape [character name that doesn't exist]
What's this?

>body: Blasted
>pain: none
F

How do you best prepare for infestation so you don't get your warehouse fucked, or pic related?

dig out a bait room and keep it warmer and darker than the rest of the base, set it up so if an infestation spawns in it all you need to do it throw a molotov in and cook them.

So they target dark and warm spots? Didn't know that, shouldn't be too hard to set up a heater in a dark cave

not so much they target warm spots, but they avoid cold, the colder it gets the less likely it is to spawn a hive, with -17 and below preventing it completely.

Hmm... could a warehouse be cooled to negative without any negative effects to the items in it?

I don't care if they pop up in someones living room, but fighting inside your own warehouse and seeing your shit get destroyed is annoying.

by not building into a mountain in the first place

>they spawn in the artillery room
JUST

user, what if we cool all rooms to -20

>set up a dark cave heated up to 200C
Would that be a killbox for infestation?

>Hmm... could a warehouse be cooled to negative without any negative effects to the items in it?
Yes, I do that with every single of my warehouses (set a -30C with 3 coolers) because I'm lazy and nothing bad happened to the things inside.

honestly haven't tried keeping it that hot for that long, easier to just carpet the place and put some incendiary IEDs down.

Bedrooms need comfortable temperature for sleeping that's not affected by the clothing and workbenches get penalty for bad temperature. Cooled warehouses are a good idea though.

People running in and out constantly won't risk getting frostbite? Because otherwise that's a good idea.

I generally don't like cheesing stuff but holy shit infestations are annoying.

Shit, I never thought about placing incendiary traps around the place where all the infestation spawns on my map. Infestation will still spawn in a completely walled off area right?

No, they don't stay long enough, just watch for idiots sleeping there if you didn't made enough beds, people tend to sleep right after eating.

>Not having a dedicated kitchen with a walk-in freezer

baka senpai

They need to stay for an hour to get a debuff.

I do actually, my bedless colonists still end up sleeping in the freezer every single time, I have to draft their asses out of there myself.

MEN ARE EVIL

>misandrist
>fearless
>can't use a gun
I feel like she added the Fearless trait herself

Snek thread?

Is there any mods that lets you use prisoners as slave labor, rather than organ farms?

I always wanted to do another type of play-through than just farm prisoners for their lungs, but letting them go seems a bit boring. Forced labor would be sweet however.

literally called Prison labor.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=972057888

Kek it all checks out

Don't forget, you're here forever. Or atleast until a slaver comes by.

>people keep dropping pemmican on chairs
I don't think it's pemmican.

Are there any mods that add females (male)?

Of course it isn't.
It's smoked meat from that medieval times mod

install RJW. install prepare carefully. Give your females tiny dicks.

thanks nigga

So...what do you do after you reach the stage where you have a comms? I feel like there is nothing to do, and its not just me but my colonists are idle most of the time of the day.

I don't understand what this snake injoke is about. did I miss a thread?

No, I have been in all the threads since /v/ and I'm out of the loop here as well. I think its just autism.

>I think its just autism.
This
t. autist

it's one in the cryptosleep casket
you've got an ancient danger, boy

Holy shit, that is what my Rapist super-soldier was pining about when the game said he was trying to rape characters I didn't see and wandering around aimlessly

Yes.

I have emptied two on my map. Don't kniw if there is more.

It was actually a knocked out friendly caravan guy, sadly. He was at the corner of the map, and got eaten by dire wolves. Kinda sad. If I had known he didn't make it to the edge I would have rescued him.

Robo Love

This isn't right.

How do you save someone with a chest destroyed?

bullet to the brain typically works.

The FRIDGE is on FIRE.

>Not building shelves in your fridge
What the fuck

Would bionics be able to replace an entire torso?

I see my mixtape was translated to japanese

what's the optimal bedroom size? 4x5?

Put space in-between the layers of sandbags to make it harder for whatever fucker manage to close in with your turrets.

Reminds me of eons ago when I was watching what happened to an old base when the occupants had long since launched themselves into space.

A pyromaniac showed up, had a mental break, and cooked himself in the industrial freezer with the massive amount of leftover rations and inexplicable presence of batteries making for perfect kindling.

>need warden
Kek, you left a few prisoners behind?

can someone post their bedroom layouts? not sure where i want to put like 10 colonist bedrooms in my base without making a shitty barracks

Colonists don't mind having a barrack if it's impressive (enough beauty, enough space, no stains on the floor).