mega.nz/#!c8BnzSob!Ae-AhY9KWdLrVw1j2LIT5vi0glPU_TmBGT-B6ifzv8o

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
mega.nz/#F!crJz0LZb!WIH3QNagELMoiHrefK_dqA
mediafire.com/folder/6lyy201y5yca9/Fallout_New_Vegas

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>OP Pasta:
pastebin.com/iY42a2Wi

/aco/ thread:
Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5fVYIAoWVbw
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/29057
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/29189
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

miniguns are dumb and useless

I like the look of this shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=5fVYIAoWVbw

the virgin auto targeting computer
the chad ironsights

The Deathwish MIRV user.

Seriously unless you're on top of a building and aiming down you're gonna either not hit shit or kill yourself with that thing.

Its cool to be a ghoul.

Fucking World Of Refreshment at sub-level 20

Help. I've only found one thread about this issue online and none of the solutions in that thread worked.

have you updated your drivers? :^)

I really, really want to do a super autistic write-up several posts long of a DLC-sized idea I have for the BoS

new vegas just crashed on me :s

do it

it'll be a few hours

k

Holy shit why are we so fucking dead?

You have no idea what dead is. We're just slow today.

NDIB

We're consistently hitting Page 8/9, I'd consider that borderline dead.

>no proof

Then you're an idiot.

Try consistently hitting page 10 every single thread and then at that, not even having a thread that stays alive to hit post limit for months on end. Imagine threads that last for entire weeks at a time instead of the daily FoG. Imagine sometimes feeling personally responsible for keeping a thread alive, because otherwise it would have zero content aside from the occasional shitpost. You can jokingly say that about /fog/ of course, but in a general like /simg/, it's dead serious.

My autism drove people away.

Is this game worth playing with mods yet?

Only if you're playing Far Harbor.

no

Dam I really wanted the answer to be Yes. I've got a fallout craving

What is so bad about it?

Story bad, world design bad, roleplaying minimal, meaningful content minimal. It's okay if you just wanna run around and shoot things as long as you download weapon mods so there's more than 3 guns in the game I guess.

Far Harbor is worth it though. Has everything the main game and all the dlcs are missing.

It's a pretty good game in reality, it's just the story isn't very good and forces you into the 'Dude, where's my son?' story so people just shit all over it.

It's a pretty good game at what it purports to be. Action, Adventure, Exploration.

It isn't a good game when considered with the rest of the series though. The world lacks charm, roleplaying and player agency are lobotomized. You have use your imagination to make alot of it not so shallow.

good game, bad fallout game

Good shooting, good building, good waifu making.
Bad RPG, bad story, bad characters.

Don't listen to these people friend. Get Fallout 4 and have fun. Its a good game with good shooting wrapped in an RPG packaging. If you got some extra money after acquiring the game you can purchase Creation Club points to enhance your experience! Its handcrafted by the best members of the modding community which is what Fallout and other Bethesda titles are known for. Have fun friend.

So when you guys did Veronica's personal quest did you tell her to stay with the brotherhood or join the followers?
I don't want her to leave 'cause then that follower camp gets massacred but I want her to have a good ending slide

Told here it was her choice and she stayed anyway. She doesn't really have any truly 'good' ending slides other than getting her to leave and then forming a truce between NCR and BOS.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/29057

someone figured out the issue. it was just a matter of adjusting the projectiles.

Meh, at least your roleplaying is more sane and sensible than the deathclaw furry faggot on here.

>sane
lolno
>deathclaw furry faggot
that guy was just a shit troll

If reincarnation is real, I wouldn't mind being a dog. Imagine just being a fluffy ball of unconditional love. Imagine that feeling when your human comes home.

The original draft did have him near where Longfellow is, right in the middle of law/chaos since Dogmeat doesn't care and then only very slightly towards good in good/evil, but I changed him to be the goodest boy because that made sense too.

What breed of dog do want as your companion in the next game?

>lolno
Well through out criticism

I think the good part is debatable. It has been two years and no still no patch for the lever action rifle from Far Harbor.

If that's what warrants a bad game these days then there's a whole heap of bad games out there.

The game has issues, but it's overall still a blast. The exploration and environments that we love from elder scrolls/fallout are still there.

Good mods have accumulated over the past year or two and add a lot to the game, and the automotron/far harbor dlc's are great.

Pug

the fuck is there to criticize? dude dropped some loony fanfic wall of text

this one

I'd rather take someone trying to craft a world around his character than just the endless parade of grizzled men or barbies .

fair point

Caucasian Shepherd

Are grizzled barbies okay

WME or WMX?

I recently wondered this too. I installed both because reading is hard, and so after figuring out what the problem was, I had to decide. I ended up with WMX.

Any particular reasons for this?

Remove raiders.
Remove ghouls.
Remove synths.
Especially remove raider ghoul synths.

I read a lot of user reviews and they praised the author behind WMX a lot.

>remove Daisy
>remove Nick
>remove Arlen Glass
user....

HH was my favourite NV expansion.

can you remove me too

my first time playing this DLC anything I should know about?

That Fat Man is too humane for White Legs.

Explore all caves, read all terminal entries.

hows this?

Much better. ENB? I've been out of NV for a long fucking time and I'm assembling a new mod list to get back into it.

noted
.it's a tweaked cobalt ENB with some sweetfx added to it that I made.

Concussion seems like a pretty cool mod

Thanks dude.

>Search Google for image
>No other sizes of this image found
>Saw blackoutfag using this image the when he was here last
?

>cool player home mod
>it's an external cell

The virgin interior cell home vs the chad exterior cell home

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/29189

>F

>lose frames just to look out a window

strange.

>lose frames
lel enjoy your toaster homo

Remove yourself

I just looked this is indeed strange.

Alright, here goes. I didn't really want to write and post this, but the tism demanded it.

GENERAL
-------
The quest is a Brotherhood-exclusive adventure and takes you to a new area outside the Commonwealth, the city of Providence. Its purpose is two-fold story-wise, the first is to get the player again questioning the Brotherhood and it's motives (no matter how "fanatical" the PC may be towards their cause), and secondly to develop the Gunners as a faction. Gunners specifically, because their terminals imply that there's a lot more to them and the people working for them than the sharply-dressed raiders we see in vanilla. As such they're going to depart heavily from the Talon Company 2.0 mercs they're supposed to be and become reintroduced as a proper military faction with a population and territory of its own.

user even with a 1070 and 6700k disabled precombines tanks my FPS in cities

it's seriously not worth it

PRELUDE

The quest first assumes that you're playing for the Brotherhood of Steel. No new locations are added within the Commonwealth itself, instead, two notable areas see changes: National Guard Army Depot, and Sentinel Site Prescott. Changes to these two areas do not occur until you hit certain points in the BoS questline: National Guard Depot falls under Brotherhood control once you complete The Lost Patrol, and Sentinel Site Prescott has a minor garrison once you complete Liberty Reprimed.
The Quest itself does not initialize until some time after you complete the BoS ending, meaning the Institute is destroyed. It requires you to be Sentinel (due to some character interactions), so you cannot embark on this quest if you played for the Minutemen.

>National Guard Depot
With the ghouls dispatched, it is converted into a dual purpose recruitment center and training facility. Among other things, you can see settlers lined up at a desk headed by scribes. Brand new initiates/aspirants in fatigues are undergoing basic drills. The "boss" of the facility is none other than Paladin Not-Dornan. His existence is to serve as comedic relief, let the player know that the mod is working before they finish the BoS ending, and initiate the quest itself when you get to that point.

His responses to you are dictated by your rank, naturally. As an initiate, you will be abused. As a Knight, you will be screamed at if you show up out of uniform or PA. If you show up with Danse, he will question his decision to take you on-point. After Blind Betrayal and you are Paladin, he apologizes for doubting you and is available to initiate a side quest a-la Flags of our Foul-ups.
After the end...
>Sentinel Site Prescott
Base communications receives an emergency transmission from the Sentinel Site. Prescott was assaulted and almost captured by total surprise. This should be disturbing as the invaders are described as human. Who the fuck would attack in the middle of the GS?

REVEILLE

The communications officer on-base, a scribe of some sort, is there to speak for Kells/Maxson as it would be awkward to speak to either of them without any voiced dialogue. You're immediately charged with investigating the Sentinel Site. Since the GS is too dangerous to attack by air, you must meet up with your newly assigned team at Waypoint Echo. (This is the first and only time you also can bring your chosen companion along for the ride). Your team hikes through the Glowing Sea until you reach SSP, where you discover a series of empty pre-war APCs and an active pre-war tank. You observe that the usual white stars are replaced with the Gunner's symbol. The tank is a new enemy type that is best described as, well, a fucking tank. Its cannons and machine guns are deadly but they DO have
a deadzone, meaning you are safe from their firepower if you get close enough. Tanks feature a Damage Threshold to ensure that you really do need Heavy Weaponry to destroy them and can't just plink one to death with a pipe pistol. Destroying a tank should require heavy weaponry or explosives aimed at the sides and rear.
As far as melee weapons go, only a fully upgraded Super Sledge boosted by either chems or PA can damage the tank.

Once the tank is destroyed, you enter SSP itself to find the place overrun by gunners in a mix of hazmat suits and T-45/T-51. You fight your way to the Mark 58 storage to find not only Danse's beacon missing, but also all of the nukes. One of your teammates calls your attention to a surviving Gunner, who is to be brought in for interrogation.

That's because you're playing with unoptimized settings. I have a 1070 and 4770k and maintain a solid 60fps even in the city.

explain

does it effect graphical fidelity at all?

The interrogation itself occurs at Cambridge Police Station where there is an actual room for such. You, the interviewer, are charged with getting everything you need to know: What the Gunners were doing there, where they came from, and where they took the nukes. At first, the gunner only tells you his rank, service number, and blood type. You only learn what you need to know by passing a Charisma check, or beating it out of him. Doing the latter yields dislikes/hates from "peaceful" companions and likes/loves from "aggressive" companions, and vice versa.
Eventually, the Gunner spills his beans. Gunner HQ is located in the city of Providence, which is contradictory to Brotherhood reports as the city was supposedly destroyed in the Great War. The Gunners there were startled when the Prydwen overflew them on its way to Boston: Up until they saw that massive airship, the Gunners believed themselves to be the most powerful faction in the Commonwealth (if not the entire East Coast) and immediately began preparations for a violent confrontation. They immediately began scouring for a means to take down the Prydwen and the BoS with it, and finally found their solution in SSP's nukes.

The Gunner himself is pathetic and terrified. You again make a decision here to either execute him, leave him imprisoned at Cambridge, or let him go for another round of companion likes/dislikes. Reveille is concluded when you instruct local communications to radio your findings back to the Prydwen. You are instructed to return to the Prydwen with your team for further orders, immediate action is required.

RECON TEAM AURELIUS

The characters and their personalities are based off of three possible archetypes of players who decided to go with the BoS.
First, a PC who is at heart, a good person. They admire the BoS' order and generally support the faction's goals and decisions, but disagree with more extreme elements of the Brotherhood and may take actions contrary to what is expected of them to fit their own morality. These types of people chose to spare Danse, perhaps Virgil as well, but still supported some of the morally ambiguous decisions made by the BoS.
Secondly. a PC who is nearly fanatical in their devotion to the Brotherhood's cause. They may have gone out of their own way to ensure the outcome of any quest or action is one that would be approved by Maxson himself. These types of people gladly executed Danse, Virgil, and anyone else they were ordered to.
Third, a PC who supports the Brotherhood as they believe they are the best option for the Commonwealth's future, but may have become disillusioned with the core philosophies of the Brotherhood and tend to "serve without serving". These types of people may have either been forced to kill Danse, or made Maxson do it for them.

As the quest develops, I hope to write a story that challenges and subverts the expectations of each archetype, trying to make sure that the implications or morals don't fall flat because people think differently.

>Its purpose
>it's motives
>its own
FIX THIS

Knight-Sergeant Barca: token black guy who fits the first archetype. Served Lyons' Brotherhood and still believes in the Lyons doctrine at heart. Even if naive, he believes in hearts and minds and hopes the BoS purify the Commonwealth's water like they did in the Capital Wastes. Skilled mechanic.

Knight Livia: A Commonwealth native just like yourself born and raised in DC. She still remembers the Broken Mask incident and the massacre of the CPG, and has come to hate Synths, Mutants, and any other scum of the wastes. When the Brotherhood arrived, she was one of the first to sign up. Carries the big guns, Second Archetype.

Knight Zachariah (Or just Zach): Grew up in Goodneighbor and so was used to being around ghouls and other "undesirables". Nonetheless, he saw security and order in the Brotherhood, and joined up. Despite making his way to Knight, he is not happy with how the Brotherhood treats prisoners and has been on many "visits" to settlements where food and technology were being confiscated from innocents. Has been brought up on charges for insubordination in the past, but nonetheless he is a talented warrior. Third Archetype.

Knight ???: Haven't thought anything up for this guy. Don't get used to him, he dies first.

Initiate Linda: Waifu bait. Should look and sound cute as possible. Hearing everything about you, you are her hero and she adores and idolizes you. She sounds relatively calm around other members of the Brotherhood, but becomes a stuttering mess around you and she strives to do whatever she can to impress you. Nonetheless, Linda is an extremely talented markswoman and is on fast track for promotion. In fact, one of the last messages you receive from Maxson is permission to promote her in the field to Knight if she proves herself yet again. And as you would expect, her story doesn't end well.

Scribe Diaz: Booksmart but aloof, she's a skilled field medic and knows her way around a terminal or a robot.

>does it effect graphical fidelity at all?
Not from what I can remember, although I've been using these settings for over a year now so I honestly can't say for sure.

Do you already have your .ini files tweaked out?
Do you have shadowboost + ENB added?
Do you have settings optimized in nvidia inspector?

POST-APOCALYPSE NOW

The DLC begins proper a week or so later when Maxson calls a meeting with you and your team. You learn that the special operations forces have uncovered disturbing news: Providence is totally intact along with a large pre-war military base. The Gunners there have grown in so much power as to form a military government, and have also acquired the means to repair and refit large amounts of pre-war military equipment, including vehicles such as APCs, tanks, and Vertibirds of their own. Ordered to track the nukes, they found they were taken to an underground facility where major construction is underway. The team itself however was unable to interrupt any of the goings-on there and suggests that a full-scale assault will be necessary to eliminate this threat.

An ideal staging area has been identified north-east of Providence. It is guarded by active SAM sites, but the special operations team has already sabotaged them in advance of the attack. Your new orders are clear: a fast and hard air assault consisting of your team and two others will clear the way while a slower main force on the ground (Liberty Prime with them) traverses the GS.

At this point, your companions are auto dismissed and a tooltip urges you to store all of your non-essential loot somewhere safe, as you're going to lose everything you take with yourself once you arrive in Providence.

Maxson and a host of other Brotherhood officers wish you and your team good luck. All four vertibirds detach from the Prydwen and another four take off from Boston Airport, you turn south, and fade to loading...

I'm a scatterbrainlet and my writing is not consistent. I overuse uhh... some type of sentence and I can't remember what they're called. But it's when you do "xxx, yyy" over and over again. I've also only recently begun recognizing the proper distinction between its and it's and thus still get it wrong most of the time.

The rest of the fleet comes into view as you see each SAM site detonate. The Vertibirds open up with a hail of autocannon and minigun fire and you have permission to fire, spraying down fleeing silhouettes too small to even be identified. A gunner on another Vertibird doesn't stop screaming "Get Some!". Vehicles are strafed by autocannon fire and destroyed, before you begin receiving small arms fire and flak. Just before you touch down, the vertibird you're in is struck, eliminating the minigun. Your Lancer informs you that he'll make it back home, but you and your team have to jump.
What ensues is a hectic battle on the ground at 10 FPS lel where your objective is simply to kill, kill, kill. The fight is decisive, and when the dust settles, Barca ignites your team's flare.
"Waiting on signals now... That's Aurelius. Waiting on... That's Tacitus! And finally..."
You make your way to the last known position of Team Ptahhotep, and find a squad of power armored troops... but it's the Gunner reserve, all geared up in a mix of T-45 and T-51 and armed with heavy Weaponry. A lengthy fight in which Knight ??? is killed ensues. and after collecting the necessary holotags, you ignite Ptahhotep's flare. Despite their losses, the initial landing has gone very well. The second wave of vertibirds is touching down already and in the distance you can observe the unmistakable figure of Liberty Prime making its way to you.
Scribe Diaz notes that something isn't quite right. Usually Gunners are ferocious in battle and possess a technology level almost rivaling the Brotherhood's. Here, they abandoned their positions seemingly too eagerly and the amount of heavy equipment was noticeably lower than the estimates suggested. Your team regroups, you have a bit of dialogue, and discuss your next move. Linda identifies a smoky trail in the sky...
Everything goes white.

That actually makes the Fatman semi-useful on survival with its 12 fucking pound ammo and ridiculously heavy weapon.

Its kinda cheese but I'm considering actually using this.

Oh: And does it work with the Striker? Raining bowling balls on foes heads? :D
I'm gonna guess and say it probably doesn't, since I have an idea of how the gun works.

That's all for now, I had more ideas but they're not too refined.
And yes, I'm sorry. This was just as painful to write as it was for you to read it, and what I propose has much more in common with CoD than what you'd expect from Fallout. Most of the roleplaying and decision making comes up in the second half though, where you find there's a lot more going on than just a simple military operation.

Feel free to hide everything I posted and let me know if you'd prefer that I never post again.

ah.. glorious 15 fps with a 1080ti