planepath.net/

>Player and weapon stats
pubg.me/

>More stats
pubgtracker.com/

>PUBG Wiki
battlegrounds.gamepedia.com

>Xbone control scheme:
news.xbox.com/en-us/2017/12/10/xbox-control-scheme-playerunknowns-battlegrounds/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oWvhTRC8sUA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why am I the only fucking person in this fucking game that makes noise?

I'm in second place and this dude just fucking runs up on me but makes zero noise whatsoever

Meanwhile I'll take a fucking single step and everyone in a mile wide radius knows where I am

>not having your volume on max

>getting realistic hearing damage

Why do you think everyone bitched endlessly about the volume of the rain? Because most people play this game with the volume blasting.

Just wear ear protection in real life.

>tfw enemies hear me using bandages

iktf

Woops, that last thread's dead.

The very same night I got the game a few days after it went EA, maybe my third round, but I didn't earn it. I dropped on the power station down the south east and hung around on the cliffs for the entire game while the circle just happened to keep closing on me, then everyone died off on their own. I got 0 kills, the last guy died outside the circle somehow, I never even saw him.

>play 4 games
>get into top 6 in 3 of the games
>every single time the circle moves to the opposite side and the camping prick over there farms kills off everyone running into the circle

why is my circle luck so shit?

help me with tactics, im new.

do you stay at the edge of circles or rush to the middle?

what works and why?

Would going up from 8GB RAM to 16GB make any noticeable difference?

Or is it more of a GPU thing? Mine is only 2GB so it might be that causing shit performance.

more ram can help with low vram, better than the game having to swap shit from the hard drive at least

2GB is the minimum, so yea it's gonna run like shit lad

consider a GTX 1060

i used to get mad stuttering and mushy buildings with only 8gb ram and when i upgraded to 16gb the game has become so smooth to play

If you're new getting into the center is better

If you're not new, edge is vastly superior. But until you know how to find enemies, identify their weapons, or anticipate their movements, you're gonna die a lot to people you never saw.

Once you get experience, you wanna be riding the edge of the circle to limit the amount of angles you need to defend

it doesnt even make fucking sense

it is. the game just likes to break its own rules and act like its realistic

My sniping skills are so shitty it took 12 shots from the winchester to drop someone a little over 100 meters away. Might just have to stick with my smg's and shotguns from now on

assume cities are death traps after 10 min? lot of potential spots with people in it

>winchester
>sniper

that thing is a piece of trash. sniping in this game is fucked up anyway. the ranging on scopes have been broken since they added the new map and it's permanently stuck at 100m ranging which sucks.

Depends on a lot of factors like the plane's flight path, where the circle went, where you dropped relative to the flight, what you've heard in terms of vehicular movement

There are times you won't want to even go near a city, and there are times you can ride into one with your dick swinging because you're 98% sure there's no one there

is it ever ideal to drop at the outer parts of the map, rather than near the middle?

lots of running otherwise (or need a car)

>assume cities are death traps after 10 min

as long as you're tactically aware in general you should be fine. if you play other games like battlefield or even cawadoody and can identify strong and weak points in a map then it's easy to drop in a city and be safe e.g. landing at the highest point and looting buildings there so you have visual over the city below you or traversing the city by going along the outsides and hugging the outside buildings is just 2 simple way to make landing in a city relatively safe.
all the idiots who you can farm for free kills land in bait spots where they can easily be seen, surrounded or trapped and also they run straight through the middle of cities making them easy targets. don't be them.

any optimization ini tweaks needed or is it better to play now?

What is the purpose of some of the weapons?
Iv not once seen the saw or VSS in a match?

shotguns should just be removed from the game at this point

>shoot a guy deadcenter chestcavity
>walks it off without any body armor
>shoots me in the chest because not headshot
>I die with a lvl 2 chest and helm

doesnt matter where I drop I always have to spend the rest of the game running, might aswell drop where I can kill a few people

do helmets protect from headshots at all

or is it just armor in general? do vests protect more from body shots, etc

not really, you still die from a single sniper shot anyways and the people that hit headshots with snipers are going to hit it whether you have a helm or not. vests help a littlebit but you're still gonna die/almost die every fight anyways

youtube.com/watch?v=oWvhTRC8sUA

>red pants drop
>worth like $6
>damn this game just might pay for itself, t-then those fortnight fags won't have any legs to stand on
>gotta wait until the 17th to sell though
>now they're 79 cents

are you basically fucked if you get to midgame without an AR?

More like if you don't find a suppressed AWM and get favoured by the circle gods

Not really, the later the game goes the closer everyone gets so SMGs are still viable late game. I got to top 5 my last game just using a suppressed thompson and ended up getting 3 kills.

but it seems as time goes on, and as people get closer, sniper rifles always win

I hate not finding a 4x+ scope

>as people get closer, sniper rifles always win

that's because as people get closer, cover becomes more scarce so it just turns into a game of duck hunt as people are forced to move in closer. honestly final circles are the least fun aspect of this game because they are almost entirely decided by luck, whether its the guy who got lucky gear or the guy whos been at the center of the circle literally all game without having to move.

is it better to hang around the edge of the white circle? I feel like i'm a sitting duck in the center (if not in a building)

The fact that the new map is "Better have a sniper and a scope" the map, makes me wanna drop this game till a third map comes out.

Also for the love of fuck running to a collection of buildings and finding all clothing is the shittiest feeling in the world.

I dunno, they're nice, but not absolutely necessary

I just went through my chicken dinner screenshot gallery, and in about 75% of my wins, I win holding an AR or SMG with a red dot

I find the late circles are most about managing sight lines and movement. But sometimes the circle bones you and there's nothing but fields or tree humping. That's when the scopes win.

its hard to say, because plenty of people skirt the edge of the circle since 'its the meta'. you'd be surprised at how well you can hide lying prone in a field. personally when it comes down to the final circles, i ditch my secondary weapons and my backpack to slim down my profile but im not sure how well it works.

I always try to circle to the closest edge and push border campers until I die or win.

do you move well before the blue comes in? or as it's moving?

get there early vs get there late

cool fucking game

First game of the night get to top 5 and die to no recoil hacker. Fuck this game.

play FPP goofy

I don't like it. But the second game I just died to a guy who killed half the server in the first 20 seconds so I might have to fucking switch.

>get desperado case
>need to buy key to open
Fuck that. When did they start doing that shit?

just sell two biker crates to afford a key. making money in pubg is ezpz

can we get a china vs no china mod

>hear footsteps in house next door
>know better than to go inside
>look around for him through windows outside, cant see him
>throw grenades on first and second floor
>nothing not even running
>wtf
>leave
>shot at immidiately
>wtf
>look back at house
>cant see him
>leave again
>30 seconds later someone kills the camper
>check replay
>guy is hiding on the second floor in a spot where most grenades won't reach/damage
>sitting there tilting his head so he can just make out the door to the staircase so that you have to walk inside the room before you can spot him, which means he can shoot at you before you even see him
>he doesnt move in the slightest from grenades or anything, just looking at the door
>finally when I leave he hears my steps receeding and looks out a window and shoots at me
>guy that has been camping all along in the 3rd house that I had no idea about shoots him, he in turn dies to blue because they were sitting there too long

jesus christ why do people do this

SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT THE FUCKING CHINKS
I USED TO BE ABLE TO PLAY A FEW GAMES WITH RANDOMS AND HAVE FUN
NOW THE LAST 10 TIMES I HAVE TRIED, I GET MATCHED WITH 3 CHINESE PEOPLE IN SOME FUCKING PC BANG WITH COUNTLESS OTHER CHINKS IN THE BACKGROUND BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE PUSH TO TALK

>all this whining about how important sniper rifles are

they aren't. movement and positioning and game sense is 1000 times more important for getting chicken dinner than being able to shoot at pixels on the horizon.
also, in the final circles, oftentimes any optic above a 2x actually puts you at a disadvantage.

this

at this point i'm not even sure why shithole games is so ardently opposed to region lock.

the argument is that they don't want to lose their chinese playerbase, but how the fuck would that work? they would still play the game, just not with americans. they would still have access to crates, and to the steam market. literally the entire game would be the exact same except the play server they get access to.

>this
snipers are double-edges swords, each bullet you fire better be a kill because if you miss the guy knows exactly where you are and everyone within 500m is gonna come and try to kill you for your sniper, which makes repositioning super danger

we need a player revolt

anyone that drops to the east side of a map is declared a chinaman, and shot on sight

but if you have to move, the guy with a scoped sniper rifle has an edge on the guy with no scope and a short range weapon

Whenever i loot good weapons I get too scared to do anything because I don't want to lose them so I end up getting 1 or two kills with them :(

you just fix that by using good weapons more often to the point where the novelty wears off. also by realizing that power weapons are good but regular weapons still kill pretty quickly.

>sell my first 2 crates
>make 1/4 of what I (drunkenly) payed for this game
huh, that nice
gonna open next desperado crate I get, implying I have the skills to get the good boy points needed, of course