/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Lost in utero: >New players read this then finish the game without spoilers: i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>NEWS:
-Dec 7/2017: youtube.com/watch?v=OAYhXKC0LJ8
-Dec 26-29: Unused bosses & test areas are now safe chalices that anyone can use - i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png
-Jan 11/2018: Dark Souls 1 Remaster announced for PC, XBONE, PS4 and Switch, releasing May 25

>Helpful links:
-/bbg/ Resource Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
-Wiki: bloodborne-wiki.com/
-Build planner: mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
-AR calculations: pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>Chalices:
-How to unlock FRCs for spelunks, fight clubs & gem farming: i.imgur.com/0AwN4Lo.jpg
-Gem farming chalices: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gems: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-Edited chalices: i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png (Unused bosses, test areas, early runes/weapons)

>PVE - Spelunking:
-Spelunks happen, join em, host em
-Set the chalice to Open and region to Worldwide
-Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/ihd176b.jpg
-Pthumeru: 7hjhf43b
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.png (embed)

>FAQ:
Q: Where do I get/put the best gems? A: bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
Q: How do I setup arcane builds? A: i.imgur.com/73dnuUm.jpg
Q: How to access the DLC? A: i.imgur.com/XaRuxgF.png
Q: Did I miss a quest? A: i.imgur.com/Uzg8XI6.png
Q: Is this game active for coop and pvp? A: Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2CHV5tFRmrs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

PURGE FILTH

I'm going into Ailiring Loran Root now if anyone cares to explore with me. Ringing at layer 1 lamp
8vsisnhp
pass:choir

Give me his build, /bbg/
I've been torn apart between str/arc and skl/arc because the beast cutter is a better fit for his tail than the cane but I need a second opinion

No dungeons found

Sorry if this a well known question but I invested in arcane to use old hunter bone and I can also use empty phantasm shell, but is the arcane damage ever really worth the bullet costs? Is it a substantial dps upgrade?

Why don't Ebby and Amy protect their heads?

Sorry forgot to set it to public, brain problems. It's open now.

>died to boar
the shame
Also one of these days one of these walls is going to be an illusion and i'm going to look really smart

boar'd and gore'd

It's the same as Papers (+80 flat damage) but deals Arc instead, which not many things are weak to compared to fire/bolt. It's okay if you want a damage bump without having to buy the papers, but eventually you'll be swimming in echoes. The bullet cost isn't a problem due to blood-bullets.

Just think of it as the arcane version of fire/bolt paper. And 3 QS isn't really that steep a cost, especially if you blood bullet first.

You could go pure arc for extra relic damage and get enough points for both cane and beast cutter, if I recall the latter doesn't need much investment. Great to see another user with good taste.

I'm gonna have to farm Watchers for Tempering, are they weak to arcane? I know there's a wiki but after DS3 I don't trust that nonsense anymore.
Thanks for answering btw, thread seems a little slow and I didn't want to wait too long.

Going into Defiled Pthu layer 3 if anyone can help. Gonna try out some new weapons, the fire saw is not cutting it (lol)
pass bbg

bloodborne-wiki.com
All you will ever need. It is the BEST Bloodborne wiki in existence.

>isz bridges
Oh, how long I've waited to see them again.

this boar is too powerful for me
i cannot deny its girth
what the fuck is wrong with me lmao

They are weak to Arc as are most Pthumerians. Like the other user said, you should check out the bloodborne-wiki

It happens to all of us.

They are weak to arcane, but at that point you're probably better off fishing for viscerals since I assume your skill is decently leveled.

Thanks, really appreciate the help!

It literally just happened to all of us.

pig is currently sitting at 5kills 0 deaths and my sides have fucking left this earth
im legit crying

Does that mean dumping more points into Arcane even after hitting 50?

Literally just stick to its sides my dude, how do spelunk and not know this

fist his butt

"I use Arcane weapons tier" - 50
"I want to use Arcane tools tier" - 70
"GIVE US EYES" - 99

Anybody?

99 Arcane it is. Thanks, user.

I'd join you if I had that chalice unlocked

guys i know pig is easy
thats literally why its funny

So what's the deal with the sneks?

cheeky SSRC?

not him but
can a 99ARC build survive a hit in cursed chalices if they use a couple clock runes?
im talking within the BL98 area so 14 vit max

naw nigga you're dead from anything, a scrawny pthu throwing a poison knife will probably kill you

once you have eyes you should be able to dodge anything. desu pure 99 ARC builds are pretty situational and I feel FROM just kind of shafted magic in general this go around

*SRRC?

Still requesting assistance at Defiled Pthu layer 3
pass bbg

bloodtinge/skill or str is the best build in the game, don't debate me

Is empty phantasm buff just total shit?

Fist it right in the anus.

>str
yes
>anything BLT
no

Wrong. It's arctinge.

It's just a fire/bolt paper that uses quicksilver bullets and applies arcane damage instead of bolt/fire damage. It's incredibly situational, as most bosses/enemies aren't weak to arcane, but IIRC it'd help in the chalice dungeons for a little extra damage. Definitely not worth investing in ARC solely to use it, though.

im not sure why i thought that was a good idea

Ringing for Amy.
pass:blood

On another note, do the watchers at 5pwujscd actually drop blunt triangles? I've been killing them so many times but haven't seen a single one

Oh and ringing at the fog.

I see people doing chalice groups here all the time, what are the point of them (both the CD and groups)? Are they just to farm the better gems and groups are to make it faster? Are there any other benefits to grouping in them or things to get out of the chalice dungeons?

Also, when you group, do the summons leave after 1 boss, or do you stay together for all the layers?

They do, but it's incredibly rare. I was farming watchers for adept triangles hoping to get a thrust up gem for roughly 7 or 8 hours before one dropped and it was blunt atk up
If you don't mind capping yourself at a lower damage level you might be better off farming undead giants, who afaik are guaranteed to drop adept gems, but only at a max of 28% damage type up.

fun
most of us already have the best gems anyway and farming is faster on your own 9/10 times
its just fun to explore new areas that nobody else has, and its funnier with people because when someone dies to dumb shit you can laugh at them, and yourself like me getting thrasho by ratto just now

Co-op is fun, FRC dungeons are usually the most difficult parts of the game and has lots of rewards. You get the best gems, lots of echoes, insight from bosses, top tier gems and occasionally Chunks and Rocks from bosses. Spelunks are from fresh root dungeons, so they're randomized and you can find some neat stuff in them not found anywhere else in the game. Once the boss is deas the Co-operators go back to their world and can be summoned again in the next layers

>farming watchers
>go 15+ barely getting hit
>get killed trying something cheeky
>have lost 4 in a row since
What the fuck

15 ARC gits you access to the other utility hunter tools though, so there's that.

GAVLAN WHEEL?

When he enters his second phase, stay back and don't aggro him so that I can cheese him for ya

anyone down for a sinister isz spelunk?
gt43dd6n
pass: bbg

thanks for the spelunk lads
highlights were a blood rock and that last chest had an Eye 3 Rune in it which i didnt have.
Can host another if anyone is down?

I'm in.

>It's an "The shotgun watcher takes another route and shoots you in the back as you're about to perform a visceral" episode

Does having unlocked Great Isz also unlock that?

gotta buy it from a great isz iirc, check and find out.

ok cool
0-4 Ihyll
5-9 Loran

C-can't wait to get DUDEd... eh eh...

F/R/C Ihyll is up!
Glyph is 5nyrbt5u
pass is shanoa

Ringing.

>mad one with infinite stamina and a horde of red spiders too

speaking of mad ones, why are there 15 littered about in every hintertomb layer? christ

you alright there felina?

>doing random shit at 3 AM with my headphones at max volume
>AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>What the FUCK
>jump out of my seat and fall down over my chair
>heart racing at 10000000 bpm
>invader Bloody Mary has died
>realize what just happened

Why the fuck are death screams so loud? I didn't notice that this fucker invaded me. Bloodborne nearly killed me man.

Just thinking about how much cooler the fight with Ludwig would have been if it had been a true reverse-Gascoigne instead of just sort of reverse-Gascoigne kind of makes me mad

In fact, why is the final boss of the Old Hunters not an actual Hunter? It should have been Maria, or the super secret villain of Bloodborne, Double Gehrman

I was talking to you, Evalyne. Don't aggro him and let me take care of Amy for you. Just stay back. You might also have to change passwords too since there's an user using bbg for an Isz spelunk

So how does the Moonlight's scaling work? Is it pure phys in untricked form with Arc scaling taking over in tricked form?

I've wanted to join the fun a few times, but I'm not that good, and I'm pretty sure I'd become a meme or some shit. FRC fucks me up constantly but no other game even comes close to the fun. This is what an abusive relationship must be like.

literally just join any of them, i dont think anyone cares how good you are as long as you arent literally dying 5 times a floor
i certainly dont

70% of phys AR + arc AR in tricked form

Artists try drawing Bloodborne bosses they've never seen

youtu.be/2CHV5tFRmrs

Ah ok man, sorry, didn't read that. Phase 2 hang back?

>Literally aren't dying 5 times a floor
hehe yeah wouldn't that be embarrassing...

I got this game like a year ago and still haven't finished it

I have no idea where to go

I have no idea what's going on

I'm using a walkthrough and I still don't know what to do

I did a chalice dungeon or something today and was screaming for the whole thing

I want to fight the moon president but I don't know where to go after yharnam or whatever

interesting first floor jord
i got both level 3 communion and formless oedon

you still ringing?

The Healing Church are the real villains of the story.
Purge the Healing Church.

>using a being with no face as the first drawing
Thats cheating but I like it.

>Using a walkthrough for your first experience
user...

BL 81
Gender Female (Male)

VIT 26
END 10
STR 40
SKL 30
BLT 10
ARC 15

Will you bully me if i spelunk with you?

Should I put like 39 points into Arc so I can use the HMLS which is my new swordfu

its all because of the lore man, did you actually pay attention?

Why is Wet Nurse head invisible anyway?

its probably the same as artorias of the abyss, wolf man is the midboss while the reall shit your pants bossu is either manus or kalameet

Yes, user. That is actual fact.

>bully?
No. Just don't die like all the other waifufags
same reason that mergo and the shadows are invisible. Because they're diciples or henchman of Odeon.

I was stucked at the lever room.

>quality
puke

I'm so lost in the game I'm just running around in circles I had to use a walkthrough just to figure out which doors unlock after beating which bosses

that and its something in a nightmare, it doesnt have to make sense to me

>Weird Kos looking things in the nightmare have an attack where they lift up to reveal messengers
Don't hurt my little friends

R E M O V E
E
M
O
V
E

G I A N T
I
A
N
T

so is there just two diffrent sinister izs runs going on right now? i just got to the third layer on my own.

anyone wanna help me clear up to ludwig? pass is bbg