/2hug/ - touhou general

Previous thread: They did nothing wrong.

>So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Where should I start?
The games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there. Some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway.

1: Arkanoid's drunk abusive cousin.
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5, 15.5: Fighting games.

The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist. Once you're done with the main series you can move on to the fangames, of which some are of excellent quality.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/ (For separate game downloading)

nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>Touhou Project Official Material Reading/Playing Guide
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>Game running at 30000FPS? Game screen size not to your liking? Experiencing some input lag? Download Vpatch and apply it.
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Game_Tools_and_Modifications#Vsync_Patches

>eraTohoK (plus other era games)
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou 16 and 15.5 on steam! Please support the official release.
store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/

store.steampowered.com/app/716710/_Antinomy_of_Common_Flowers/

>1cc charts! (Updated for AoCF)
imgur.com/a/Mkl4Q

>Why the moon is important and should be cherished
sciencenordic.com/what-would-we-do-without-moon

>PoFV and Soku Netplay Guide! (Needs your help!)
imgur.com/a/ZCGuE

>Fangames pastebin (Contains a fixed version for game breaking bug in FMW2)
pastebin.com/Jc2e0wLm

This is a thread about video games.

All Lunarians deserve death!

The average Lunarian appreciator.

I only like the Lunarians because they're hot.

Do you think Lunarians have their slaved satisfy their sexual needs?

touhou's dont feel sexual needs

By the way they dress them? Proabably.

Suit jackets, neckties and skirts?

Sounds like business casual to me.

Sounds like someone wants to see their rabbits in lewd ways

If you have lots of women at your disposal and could wish their uniform to be anything, what would you pick? They choose suits, but I would make it a toga.

I mean, considering they're soldiers, I'd go with military gear. With custom cameo to blend in with the moon's surface.

I'd go with Maid outfits of varying Styles depending on the girl in question.

>soldiers that fight with Danmaku
Sure...
Thats a good pick

I mean they deal with millitary equipment, so I'd want them to be armored the fuck up with their cute ears poking through the helmets

>No Disappearing of Gensokyo link in OP or at least in pastebin
>Adds Lunarian propaganda instead
Shame on you.

It's on steam, senpai

That's not the point. AoCF and HSIFS are also on Steam, yet there are links in OP.

>giving free advertising to copyright-violating chinks

We're talking about their game all the time, so don't act like a form free ads is better than other form of free ads.

Can you even prove that?

Skin tight sweaters that go from the neck to the knees. Just that and nothing more.

No undies? that would get a bit stained quite quick.

Can you substantiate your claims by providing concrete evidence?

>no number or uppercase T in Touhou either
>again

The Lunarian infestation of /2hug/ must be dealt with, quickly and decisively.

Where can I get 2hu battle network?

Reminder! This is thread number #93!

I am so impressed by Disappearing of Gensokyo (and certain other games) that I want to try creating my own Touhou fangame, despite knowing next to nothing about game development (some programming skills, though).

Please dissuade me from this rash act, /2hug/.

Holy lord, IaMP just rape the living shit out of me. It makes SWR looks like Easy mode.

do it, faggot

>soldiers that fight with Danmaku
But they don't, only the moongirl did so and because she was introduced to it by Remilia.

>Remilia
Marisa or Reimu*

Does anybody have any fairies on hand?

I actually think thats a good idea, plus learning programing and art and all the things that come with it is fun

1(one) fairy on hand, delivered.

>faries

Don't be upset, rather try being a women one would enjoy spending time with.

>t.Miko

I was expecting Shiki...

Miko fits better, because she did exactly that - became a woman.

dont bully the crown prince

Princess*

Prince.

>crown prince
was he?

>he became a little girl
Truly ahead of his time... I thought he was a girl all along, but the myth called him a boy in 2hu verse.

Has ZUN ever clarified on this?

>little
what are you smoking lad

Miko is Prince Shoutoku, who was a person who actually existed. He was a relative of the Soga clan, and helped in the defeat of the Mononobe clan.

>myth
>Zun

Y'all fuckers don't even know who prince shotoku is? He was a real dude, he's on Japanese money, even. This isn't a tale of the bamboo cutter scenario where they are taking characters from some imaginary shit, this is a representation of the actual prince shotoku turned into a girl.

There's nothing for zun to clarify, because Miko is based off a real life person.

Well, we're shown the Yen note with his portrait, and he looks exactly the same as in our universe. So I guess we have two possibilities:

1) Miko was a girl all along, but somehow convinced everyone that she was a boy, possibly using stuff like people pretending to be the actual Prince while she ruled from the shadows, magical disguises and/or wholesale rewriting of history.

2) After transferring her soul into her sword, the Prince created a new magical body for himself, and decided to make it female, because why not.

I'm talking about the Touhou version, and specifically about Miko's sex. I know who Prince Shoutoku is.

Like everything else in touhou, default to the most basic assumption based on their relevant stories or histories.

In this case, that prince shotoku was a boy, then taoist magic turned him into a girl upon entering gensokyo.

Its magic, they ain't gotta explain shit.

Like said, we actually see the likeness of Shoutoku. So, even in universe, Shoutoku was recorded to be a male. How and why Miko wound up as a girl is never elaborated upon, but the meta reason is the same as why we have Byakuren instead of Myouren: ZUN knows 2hu is about cute girls in Bullet Hell, and sees no reason to tamper with formula.

Then that means Tojiko is Futo's child, but that's not the case in 2huverse. Miko is a girl from birth, but history in 2huverse recorded her as a guy.

>Tojiko is Futo's child, but that's not the case in 2huverse
How exactly do you know that?

Plus, unlike Miko, it's never explicitly stated that Futo in fact is Mononobe no Futsuhime.

I regret asking that...

Let me rephrase myself then. Unless stated otherwise by canon, Assume based on the history or legend.

We have evidence enough that Miko, then prince shotoku, was acknowledged as male. In the same way that tojiko became a ghost rather than a shikaisen, something may have happened to make Shotoku into a girl. Maybe prince shotoku just wanted to experience it, for that matter.

Jumping to the Seiba conclusion seems somewhat misguided, in this case, because we have no idea what all taoist magic entails. Hell, you could even blame seiga for messing with things, i wouldn't put it past her.

Kind of a tangent, but isn't it pretty fucked up that Futo straight up murdered Tojiko over a grudge between their families, after they had both betrayed their respective families to go along with Miko's Taoist Scheming?

>Of the Soga clan, there existed a Tojiko no Iratsume, who was the daughter of Soga no Umako and a consort of Prince Shoutoku, the basis for Toyosatomimi no Miko.
>Futsuhime was a collaborator to Soga clan and a traitor to the Mononobe, despite her lineage.
It is highly likely Futo is Futsuhime, the wife of Soga no Umako and the mother of Tojiko. But 2huverse history recorded things wrong, Tojiko and Futo are actually enemies, not mother and child. Same goes with Miko's gender.

Incredibly. Thats sort of part of her character. She even sabotaged tojiko's transformation into a shikaisen by replacing the pot she was using as a vessel with an un-baked one that decayed over time.

She's also known to have the urge to burn anything buddhist. Futo is pretty fucked up.

Maybe prior to his resurrection the Prince noticed that all notable people in Gensokyo prefer the form of cute girls, and decided to go along with the current fashion.

Miko had the ear muffs IRL?

It is highly likely but not proven.

Unlike Miko, who explicitly says that she is in fact Prince Shotoku, Futo might just be a character "loosely based" on Futsuhime. It's not like it's forbidden.

Plus, I'm not entirely convinced that the story of Futo and Tojiko and them being mother and child are mutually exclusive.

So you're saying people can't get history wrong? It's more likely Miko acted like a guy so that people accept him as ruler.

>something may have happened to make Shotoku into a girl. Maybe prince shotoku just wanted to experience it, for that matter.
Please, I would love to see your source. Why would that is a more plausible explanation than people get things wrong in recording history?

>in another universe, ZUN made 2hu with badly drawn baras

>Alt Universe Rinnosuke is a little girl with a silly hat

Miko is smart, is she kept her male form, Reimu would just kill him for no reason, like she always does.

You're saying Miko become a girl using magic is more plausible?

>Why would that is a more plausible explanation than people get things wrong in recording history?
Because we know for a fact that to become a shikaisen Miko moved her soul into the sword and created a new body for herself. SoPM says about Futo:

>Since they have already abandoned their body and flesh by the time they resurrect, there is some degree of freedom to the forms they can assume, but it said that most shikaisen will choose to look similar to their old appearances. This is because of their attachment to their appearance, as well as so others can recognize them. For this reason she has her old-fashioned look, while Miko changed to a look more suited to modern times.

Maybe it included changing the gender. Sounds pretty modern to me.

Yes, that's what I'm saying.

Not really possible. Prince shotoku turned to taoism before the turn of the millenia, and was put to sleep up until her awakening in gensokyo. Gensokyo was thought of roughly 500 years ago, and the barrier itself was erected around 120, going by what the wiki says.

Shotoku wouldn't have known gensokyo was even a thing.

wew lad.
I feel bad for Tojiko desu

>Miko judged she had no need to rush and could resurrect herself at any time, and so continued sleeping. Finally, the time of her resurrection came.

>Since there weren't any temples in Gensokyo at that time, she prepared for her resurrection to proceed whenever she felt it was necessary.

This implies Miko maintained some degree of consciousness and was aware of the outside world even during her "sleep", at least occasionally.

That doesn't imply anywhere that she was aware of the state of gensokyo that everyone was little girls, only that she knew where she was and wasn't capable of fully waking up.

You claimed that it was impossible for Miko to know anything about Gensokyo because she was sleeping.

I have shown that even during her sleep Miko was aware of certain things.

So, it is not impossible that she was aware of some other things as well.

Or you can provide a quote that explicitly says that Miko was aware only of these specific things, and nothing else?

>while Miko changed to a look more suited to modern times.
>thinking a girl is more suited for modern times.
>Sounds pretty modern to me.
Well, I give up.

And rightly so, because you have no actual argument to make.

>Or you can provide a quote that explicitly says that Miko was aware only of these specific things, and nothing else?

This is a dumb statement to make, because its cyclical. In the same way i can't prove she only knows selective things, you can't prove she was aware of everything.

That's not how arguments work, user. I have shown that Miko was aware of the state of affairs in the outside world to some extent. This is all I need for my theory to be plausible.

this is sort of why i prefer later touhou entries, the lore seems to be better? or at least more of it.

No, you proved she was aware of the state of TAOISM. That can simply be explained away by her connection to it.

There's nothing saying she knew that gensokyo was predominantly made up of females.

I'm sorry, I can't speak retards. I don't know how you would think becoming a girl is more preferable in Gensokyo than a guy.

You really have a fucked up sleeping schedule if you're American, TrueAdministratorAnon. You sure you aren't Australian?

its 2 am here
yes its fucked up

Aussies? In /2hug/? What a nightmare.

>There's nothing saying she knew that gensokyo was predominantly made up of females.

"user woke up during the night and noticed it was cold".

We also know from an independent source that at the same time a car drove past user's window.

Can we claim with certainty that user heard the car? No, the sentence that we have does not explicitly state that.

Is it plausible that user heard the car?

Yes, because we know that he was sufficiently awake to perceive reality around him to some extent.

Can I formulate a theory that relies on supposing that user hear the car outside?

Yes, because it's possible and plausible that he did.

I don't know, why don't you ask every other character in Gensokyo?

Im going to 1cc PCB with marisa and make it hard for myself

Not an argument. What is the advantage of being the weaker gender in a hostile environment like Gensokyo?

Where does it say ANYWHERE that miko knew gensokyo was predominantly female?

Without making assumptions based on anecdotal bullcrap, where does she ever acknowledge she was aware of anything in gensokyo besides the state of taoism?

Not an argument, magical flying girls are not physically weaker than magical flying boys. You're welcome to try to prove otherwise.

Have you seen the goddamn cast?

>Yuugi and suika are the physically strongest characters in the series, bar none
>Meiling is a martial arts expert
>Kaguya and mokou are immortal
>Everyone else can shoot lasers

Your assumptions about a weaker gender go out the window when the standard for strength is drastically different

The pussy, you can just bend over for a dude and bait him, also women have smaller hitboxes, making lolis the optimal danmaku players.

>Where does it say ANYWHERE that miko knew gensokyo was predominantly female?
Where does it say ANYWHERE that Aragorn in LotR books wore pants? Don't bother looking, it doesn't say it anywhere. It's just plausible to think that he did. Same here.

>thinking a flying boy can't hit harder physically in fighting game

>oni
>youkai
>gods/hourai
All I'm saying being a guy is more advantageous than being a woman if he can learn magic.

Read

Have you take into account how many hits can a normal guy take compare to a normal woman?

Plausibility is irrelevant to the matter at hand though. Going by shrodingers cat, literally anything is possible.

But we are both trying to prove our points, and yours relies on the assumption that she has yukari levels of omniscience, which has never been stated to be the case. Going by occams razor, my argument makes the most sense because all the things that are up for debate can be explained by taoist magic.

Yours has the added assumption that she was actively hawking all of gensokyo in her sleep. However, that cannot be the case because she did not recognize any of the people of import that came to the mausoleum in TD, notably being reimu, marisa, youmu, and sanae. If she was actually aware of the power structure of gensokyo, she'd have recognized at least 2 of these people.

Do you seriously think that someone like Suika, or Aya, or even Rumia relies on stuff like body mass and muscles to be stronger than an average human villager? Even if they choose not to use spells and stuff. They are magic beings powered by magical energy.