/wowsg/ - World of Warships Admiral

'Sealclubbing with sushi' edition

*****NEW TO THE GAME? RETURN AFTER LONG ABSENCE?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you play a T6 ship).

>Newbie guide
pastebin.com/ec862KsG
pastebin.com/6evJAyns

>0.7.0 update
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-070/

>Battle of the North Cape Collection
worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/north-cape-collect/

>Captain Skill calculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Statistic tracker
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/

>In-game chat channel:
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel" (by Varzov)
NA Channel: Search for "Veeky Forums" (by antibullyranger)
SEA Channel: "Veeky Forums"

>Clans
[HOTEL] & [KUMA] on EU - Get into in game Veeky Forums chat and ask there
[BOTES] on SEA - Contact Dataminersquare or a recruiter
[BOTES] & [HOTEL] on NA - contact DataminerNS

reminder [HOTEL] EU got a spectacular six Stalingrad flags!

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

playtogether.worldofwarships.asia/invite/oN3NgPx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Waifu for Laifu

I want to penetrate Musashi!

Turns out that Musashi is going to penetrate you instead.

jesus fuck two carriers in tier v matches is fucking cancer
i just got fucking deleted by dive bombers and there's nothing you can do

2 hours before EU servers open?

Yup.

Will people think I'm retarded if I use Scharnhorst as a trainer for German DD's?
In other words, a BB with SE.

It's basically assumed that premiums are used as trainers.

People might point and laugh at you, but most won't notice.

>picking SE on german DDs

What T8 prem BB should I get?

What's wrong with SE on Germans?
I don't use smoke and hydro enough to need SI.

You have the highest health pool of all DDs by default and USN/PADDs have only a slither of health more than you WITH SE. I just feel like SE on KM DDs is a waste of 3 points, which you could invest somewhere else, like SI, or Expert Marksmen + PM.

How about TAE then?
I'm vomiting torps pretty often, so that would be much more useful than SI which I'd need only once every few games.

Sure, you could go for that too. I mean really, you can stick with SE for now. KM DDs have some serious versatility to them, so you can kit them out however you want. I like to run EM on them beause in sticky situations, having a quicker turret turn can mean life or death.

I want to paizuri graf zepp

How is leander so good? This isn't even the same game I'm playing.

So do we have deepwater torps on Shima yet?

Anyone have any advice for proper team play with Burger DD's? I find I'm only really using my smoke for myself to piss HE at people, and it seems like there aren't that many opportunities to effectively smoke allies in the average random battle.

Hang with a hydro cruiser, he'll like your smoke and can pop hydro to spot torps and guys in other smoke.

There is nothing wrong with being penetrated by your boatfu

Welcome to tier V, where you have a taste of the actual OPness of CV.

There is nothing inherently OP about CVs, AA is prevalent and sticking to other ships with AA limits the options of CVs drastically.

I have a lot of poorly spec'd captains, any chance of a free respec soon? Any estimates based on how often they've done them in the past?

Random.
It can be no respecs in month or it can be 2 in very short timeframe.

Protip: you can use the rented clan ships for respec.

>typical maximum AA range of heavily AA-specced ship is about 7 km or something
>even ships in the same div do not sail with each other that close
>with the absolute state of USN AP dive bombers one squadron can easily knock one ship of that kind to the port with just the expense of possibly one squadron at max
>even the CV is not good at punishing scrubs the planes can harass stealthy DDs and thus mess up the team's plan of advancement and cap contesting
>despite all this someone still say "nothing inherently OP about CVs"
I guess you are just lucky enough to have scrub CVs on both sides at literally every game you have had so that you can literally win every game without CV's work and thus you are confident to speak the blatant bullshit.

>my team plays like shit
>therefore the boat that punishes shit plays is OP
wew ladd

>top tier 'd in Bismarck
>mahan chickens out and decides not to spot near B or C
>friendly Fubuki helps me capping B
>just to find most of the enemies are grouping near C and showing me delicious broadside, NC, Dunk and even Bismarck
>even enemy Gneisenau escaping from A also shows me broadside
>suddenly we get landslide advantage
>me ending up killing Dunk, Cleve and Atago with 5 achievements at once
Is this a game that requires skill or is it just luck based?

>There is nothing inherently OP about CVs
Let me give you a (You).
I always make this example. Imagine to go to some WoT player, someone with many thousand of battles, and tell him the following: "imagine SPGs being able to spot wherever they aim regardless of camo; then imagine that instead of a single shell every half a minute they shoot four or more every few minutes, without the need to wait for the aiming circle to shrink; imagine they can steer their shells towards your tank until the very last moment; on top of that, imagine they can ignore any cover you might find; then imagine they have such a big health pool that they can survive being shot multiple times and still keep going to the point they can reach cover where you won't be able to hit them. Would this kind of SPG be OP?"

I'm quite sure the answer would be yes.

How does this work? Do you have to be in a clan?

And imagine you could see the shells incoming, position to avoid them in advance, and pop an ability that makes their bloom circle hit max.

There are no currently available rental ships so that more like pro tip for the future.

Pasta pasta is finally here.

Now: "Imagine a tank, anywhere from being light to heavy, being able to shoot down the shells, having an ability to set the target area to max bloom and an increased chance to shoot down the shells and if nothing else able to completely negate the SPGs presence by blobbing up with your team and sticking close to one another. Would this hypothetical tank be OP?"

I'm quite sure you're braindead. Also, next time please use food examples, as we have quite a few brainlets.

Not so fast WG we still need to change the name and kick the redditors reeeeeeee

They gave us free captain respecs for clan battles last time, I reckon the next season is the next time it comes back. As for exactly when, I'd say the earliest is probably within 2-3 weeks after the end of this ranked season, so most likely mid-February.

It is nice to see WG slowly but steadily improving quality of textures.
Compare old 127/40 that can currently be found on Izumo WG forgot that that ship exist? with newer that is on Musashi (and was added onto Yamato)

>HSF captain pack
>no Wilhelmina, Mashiro or Isoroku
What?

T9 MM is just filled with Musashis and Missouris.

And here is changes to main battery, in the background you can also see updates to 155mm gun

Not really, if you put a captain on a rented ship, you get the captain reset and put into your reserve when the ship is expired. Of course there's no clan wars right now so you can't but remember to do that when they come back.

>you can get isoroku
>it's not the cat version
ONE JOB WARGAMING

I assume the khabarovsk line is still the one everyone goes down? I just need to put the right DD captain in my gremy for daily bonuses.

Spotted the CVnts.
>see incoming and position in advance
Planes are always faster and more maneuverable than ships. Bombs and torps can be dropped from unavoidable ranges. Most ships don't have that ability. Blobbing up most of the times isn't possible or viable or even enough to prevent an attack. Also, regardless of the strike power, they still retain the ability to spot ignoring cover.

Oh yeah. Also, old 25x3 AA mods along with rest of Yamato model now looks just eyebleedingly bad near shiny new 127/40mm. I mean new one may not be ultra extreme high quality, but still. Look at this,

>literally can't do the HSF collection if you don't have a Yamato or shell out for a HSF ship
Seriously? I mean I do have a hotel but come on.

Spotted the baBBy.
>Bombs and torps can be dropped from unavoidable ranges.
If you have good AA, you will shred through them like mad. Anything bar Japanese BBs have decent to good AA - if you specc for it. Hell, even most german BBs have large caliber AA that can be made to shred planes.
>Blobbing up most of the times isn't possible
Yes it is. Sometimes you just gotta follow the lemming train in order to survive. No one is saying you need to get within 0.5km range of each other, but overlapping the AA circles is usually enough.
>or viable or even enough to prevent an attack
That's on you if you don't know which ships provide good AA (i.e. Kii or NC etc.)
>they still retain the ability to spot ignoring cover
And thats bad...why? So DDs don't snowball hard into lategame, invistorping and backcapping? As a BB, you'll always have your detection going up to 20+km, as a CA as well, CLs like 17-19km-ish and as a gunboat DD to about 13-15km. The only one who gets fucked up by constantly getting spotted are DDs that want to torp run or pull some cheeky shit. Even then, C-Hull Benson and up can get DFAA to prevent them from getting fucked.
Never-fucking-mind the fact that you have also a CV on your side than can provide AA cover, strike THEIR DDs and BBs AND spot DDs for you too.

You have so many tools to deal with a CV but if you just lonewolf it, you're gonna get eaten alive.

The only imbalanced part of carriers is at higher tiers where they have so many planes they can just suicide rush ships all game.
Also the absolute extent of my carrier play was up to tier 6 back in beta, and it just became unfun.

I signed up for the missions, got an HSF crate, then every succeeding crate had an HSF collection item.
I don't have any hotels or HSF premiums.

T-22 is hard to use.

did warships today remove the "often uses torpedoes" style of messages at the top or is that just for me?

Should I sell silver ships after I unlock the next version in the tech tree? I've always done this because I can't afford the next in the line usually but I heard most people keep every ship

Do you like playing with the ships?

Keep your favorite T6/T7.

Scratch that, the next crate I got didn't have any collection pieces.
I don't know how this works.

Keep ships you like, delete the rest.

Nah you have borked version.

>if you follow a strict set of rules you'll be fine
>if by chance or distraction you break one of those conditions, you're thoroughly fucked
It's fun because every single of your rebuttals come with a "if"

You have to break several of those conditions to get royally fucked. It'd be the equivalent of showing full broadside to a battleship.

>if you have good AA
Most don't have a decent enough AA because
>if you specc for it
Most of the times specc'ing for AA is overshadowed by better specc'ing, also because killing planes is not well rewarded
>German BB can be made to shred planes
Which is a waste since German BB work thanks to their secondaries, not their AA: remove secondaries and they're garbage, so your suggestion is as potentially good as totally inapplicable to the real world
>if you overlap AA circles
Most of the times you can't do for extend period of times that because you're not actively coordinating with your teammates which will end up doing all kind of stupid shit leaving you uncovered: it's not a matter of doing it, a CV can just wait just a bit for the enemy team to thin down. Or you can even spawn in the wrong side and there's no way you can close the gap
>if you stay near ship with good AA
As above.
>if your CV isn't retarded
Big if right there.

You don't have to break many of those conditions. As a matter of fact even breaking one is enough. Also, showing broadside isn't a guaranteed dev-strike: there's also overpen and misses. A bad spawn is often enough to sign your demise when the enemy CV notices you.

>21 dollars for a waifu captain
muh shekels

dude bundles lmao

If only there was a IJN line that's actually fun

So if I'm interpreting it correctly, you have to play 1 battle first, giving you your first HSF container.
After that the girls have a chance of dropping from normal daily containers?

Additionally if you have a HSF bote, Musashi, or Yamato, completing challenges with them will give you more containers? Are these containers guaranteed to give you girls like the 1st HSF container?

Yes, each HSF container drops 2 girls.

>7000 doubloons for the retarded Roma camo

C V
V

Handling two gorillion air groups at once is more stressful than fun

There are fun ships in the line though, Fuso and Nagato, Kuma.

>Nagato

I'm stuck in the Aoba right now and these DDs aren't making me happy, either.

this anime shit is actually kinda cute i like reading about the girls and their interests and hobbies

>One million Japanese ARP commanders
>One million Japanese Haifuri commanders
>One million defaullt Japanese commanders
>YAMAMOTO
there's too many god damn nips

>doesn't actually cap at 9999
why did they not just use ∞?

Well, I guess it's time to come back.

>a ton of unique nip captains
>not enough good ships to put them on
Ain't that a drag

>fixes a bug where the game won't start for players who selected the "Ranked Battles" filter in the Carousel before Update 0.7.0 released

lul wut there are people that can't play the game right now?

>all these ijn commanders being tossed around
>don't like any ijn ships
>missed the chance to get seagal and dunkirk
Captains for other nations when?

Oh look, another "likeability" poll/survey by yet another datamining autistic friendless manchild, which will have the exact same skewed results as the previous two polls/surveys because the like-minded autists in the datamining autistic friendless manchild's safe space will vote negatively and positively on the same players as they did previously.

I guess some people really need to convince themselves to not commit suicide, so they try to stroke their ego by doing this. I really hope you piss off the wrong person one day, Para. I really do, because you need a reality check.

Should I purchase the Roma bundle?

Tirpitz/Roma

I DID EVERYTHING I COULD.

Dunkirk is good because his quirks are constantly being useful, meanwhile Yamamoto needs either first blood or a kraken to activate them meaning he's literally the same as any other captain in over 90% of the matches.

Haifuri is getting a mobage soon so I bet there will be like 20 new commanders for other countries in next wave.

Yeah, but at least Yamamoto is just there at the end of his campaign, waiting for me to finish.
I only started playing a few months ago, so I missed out on free captains, not to mention the tons of free premiums.
All I have are the Vampire which I never use, and the Duke of York which was absolutely soul-crushing to grind for.

I've been playing for a year, since last February. Honestly you're missing out much, I've gotten every reward ship since then sans clan wars or ranked rewards and most of them are either shitty or just tech tree ships (Katori, Bismarck, October Revolution, Vampire, DoY and the new year ones)

Yes Nagato is fun, you didn't have to repeat him.

So, what are the cheekiest emblems?

Comfy Axis

>46€ for the most basic bundle
I really want to play the Roma, but I'm not going to drop fifty bucks on a fucking virtual boat.

I didn't play for months. Did game get better? Considering coming back for Haifuri commanders.

Are the captains buy only?

So when are the CVs supposed to get so OP, I just moved up from the hosho to the zuiho and my planes are still made of paper, my fighters die as soon as an enemy squad even looks at them and my torpedoes are super slow, the bombers are pretty sweet if they make it there but I've played 5 games in the new one with 0 kills and I just don't see what everyone is complaining about

No, stay away and kill yourself for being a weeb.

It just gets worse friend.
Unless of course, you shill out some for Jewpan )))

Can I get a referral link on the SEA server?. I stopped playing there for a while now because of the amount of cancer keeps me from enjoying the game.

When you get to manually strike and strafe, you become strong, as long as you keep in mind enemy AA.

When you get manual drops and are top tier. What skills are you using and are you using stock planes? The other CV will easily shit on you if you don’t have a decent captain and upgraded planes, especially at low tier where you can’t strafe.

playtogether.worldofwarships.asia/invite/oN3NgPx

>Not realizing you are the cancer too

Stupid SEApe, be gone.

I'm glad playing on the NA server first before playing on the SEA server.