/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Previous Thread:

SP must pay for his crimes.

Will CEMU save N64 emulation?

N64 is a niche console.

Okay.

>still mad about your meme console

What's the definitive version of this game? I only played the PS2 version years ago.

>third person shooter
>has modern pc remaster
obv one of the shitty console versions

PC or Wii, everything else has more issues or more missing things than either of those.

How do I configure shaders on Retroarch android (e.g. for game boy, game gear, GBA)?

I don't emulate on android because I'm not an animal, but if it's anything like PC, it should be:
>load game
>enter quick menu
>shaders
>load shader preset
>navigate to preferred preset
>apply

Which presets should I use tho?

Depends how big your screen is and what resolution.

why won't cheats work on retroarch? What else do I need enabled?

>cheating in mortal kombat
>cheating in any fighting game
kek

not everyone is good at games fuck you fucking goobergangle elitist

>is bad at games
>in 20 fucking 18
what's your excuse?

playing for the plot

So retardation is your excuse? Makes sense.

Do you know where you are

games are supposed to b fun not hard fucking elitist

With some games, being hard is what makes them fun.
With fighting games, figuring out combos and practicing timing well to beat a bitch of a boss fight is most of the fun.
Playing with other skilled players is almost all the rest of the fun.
Then viewing the pretty graphics and sexy characters is what's left of the fun. Exception being Dead or Alive where it makes up 60% of the fun instead.
The story, while enjoyable, is not fun. It is passive amusement.

Having savestates is not enough for you?
t. no experience with retroArch

fuck off

He actually paid Byuu. Does that count?

>fucking elitist
If we did not have elitists we could not have glorious retroarch sync. SOMEONE had to say "This shit isn't good enough. We need to try harder, and make sure it will run everything we can".
Be THANKFUL for the elitists. Improve yourself and feel the FUN from that.

They work for me. But the only one I ever used was for Xenogears text speed.

read a book, brainlet

vita emulator when

literally nobody cares about a little crackling or MUH INPUT LAG

Whoa. You believe this AND you want to play fighting games??? That's nuts, dude.
Actually related to your question though. Have you tried any of the other cheats? Does restarting the game activate them?

>non-fag elf
I'm not okay with this.

>fag
Fat. We need more fat elves.

>being hard is what makes them fun
How ignorant, not everyone is you

Things that could have been done to fix this game

1. Not be on the Wii. That way the inventory wouldn't be such a clunky fucking nightmare

2. Better voice actor for the main character

3. Make the environments smaller and more detailed. That way you wouldn't be walking through empty corridors for 15 minutes at a time

4. A run button

5. No weapon durability. It serves no purpose whatsoever

>requires wiimote
In the trash it goes.

That's the thing. It works perfectly with a controller, except for the menus and inventory which require a Wiimote and are a pain in the ass.

It should have been on the PS3

>Yuzu nightly/canary started

Citra is dead.

Nowadays PC version fully updated.
Not only 60fps, but all the effects were patched, even the ones that people keep bullshiting saying only the Game Cube could reproduce.
You can even use mouse without limitations so you can have the Wiimote experience of breaking the game with perfect aim.
You can also turn on limitations to mouse aim if you want.

The most useful thing honestly is that you can completely customize the controls, Dolphin can't let you edit individual actions like on the PC version, huge QoL improvements if you're willing to spend a little time figuring it out.

Any CPU savvy guys here? I recently grabbed a PC used for 200 smackers, and it has a Intel Core i7-4765T @2.00 GHz in it. Is that good enough for playstation emulation?

No. Don't bother trying it for yourself it would be a waste of time. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about.
Source: CPU savvy guy

I made due with Mednafen SW on an i3 3110M, so...

Yes, at least with PCSX-R. Not sure for mednafen.

>i3 3110M
I guess I should be fine then.

There's one really fucking obnoxious bug in the pc version. When you're on the level where you've got the "air support", if you exit while the helicopter is shooting (it shoots for a few seconds every few seconds) the game crashes 100% of the time. So the obvious solution here is to just wait and enter the door when he's not shooting. The problem is that on professional, he doesn't shoot, or rather, he does, but the sound effect no longer plays, so you don't have that audio cue for avoiding the crash, so if you crash, you'll be doing that entire annoying fucking level over again until you manage to guess the right moment when to exit.

PSX 1.13 runs on literal toasters. Give it a go if all else fails.

Should be fast enough to run beetle at full speed. Test it with tekken 3, if you can run at 100% on that, you can handle every psx game.

>mortal kombat
>hard
o i am laffin
You're supposed to get good at the game by playing it, not by negating any danger. That's why you don't think game's are fun.

I'm using a Oneplus 5.

linuxfag here, I want to play MH freedom online.
Is standalone ppsspp the better option here or should I go with retroarch?

Enter video options and disable bilinear filtering. Since you're using a tiny 1080p screen, easymode halation with mask #3 should look pretty good.

>easymode halation with mask #3
Where do I find that.
There are like 20 shader folders

Normally it'd be shaders/shaders_cg/crt/crt-easymode-halation.cgp and then you'd apply the shader, open the shader options, and change the shadowmask until you found one you liked.

Ok.
How do I make it default to landscape instead of Portrait?

video > rotation

Ppsspp on RA is worthless

It's called "RPCS3".
I'm having a Deja Vu now.
And I also had it yesterday.
And the day before that.
And practically the entire past week.
Seriously fuck you, you fucking retard.
You already know fucking perfectly the fucking answer, so stop fucking asking the exact same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I don't see it as an option

>Deja vu
I've been in this place before

I take it you never played umk3?

Not with cheats I haven't.

>umk3
literally the easiest Mortal Kombat game

no that would be mk3 or mk4

What's the point of making an emulator faster when every game is locked at 30fps?

Optimization is good.

I'd put some half human babies in her, if you know what I mean.

nice healthy elf

Higher on the street

Optimization is never a bad thing. If you want 60 FPS then enjoy the CWCheats that break the FPS Cap.
Also, in a console whose games are designed to run at 30 FPS, what matters is the quality of said games.

Except PSP games weren't designed to be capped at 30. They had to be because of the PSP's shit battery life.

>Except PSP games weren't designed to be capped at 30
Then have fun with the 60 FPS CWCheats.
For the games that don't have one, there's a guide somewhere on PPSSPP's forum about how to make them.

Most PSP games also have physics tied to framerate, so using 60fps cheats completely breaks them. The PSP is a total write off.

Wow you're backing up 35 Gb of files...

no one cares

apparently not

cuck

this changed my day, thanks user

It's between "Integer Scale" and "Threaded Video"

i'm on this guy's comp via teamview testing some software and it's a dream come true for idiotproofing. I swear to god the guy has 30 levels of subfolders of emulators and roms mixed together. Its like every archive was exploded and then everything was renamed with bad english.

I'm looking at upgrading my 4690k probably new motherboard and all. So what's the recommended processor for emulation these days? Is amd still garbage for it?

>Is amd still garbage for it?
yes

8700k pre patch or nopti kernel command

Not familiar with nopti I'm assuming it's something with the recent Intel bullshit?

yes

finished hd textures when

>upgrading my 4690k
I hope it's not just for emulation

It's my main bottleneck and I do a lot of cad work that's been bringing it to its knees lately.

It makes no difference either way unless you run a server or a million VMs at once.

Is CXBX Reloaded dead?

no, just extremely slow

How is the 8600k if I want to save a few bucks?

Amen. Sometimes people have a great idea and they put in the work and implement it. They keep at it even though everyone shits on them, tells them it's shit and it won't work, but it does and it's awesome.

SP, maister, byuu, they all have done a lot for all of us. Nobody asked for another SNES emulator, zsnes was good enough but byuu still made bsnes, everyone shat on him but it still became the gold standard because it was better. Byuu made libsnes, SP and maister turned it into libretro and created the whole ecosystem we enjoy today. Nobody asked for a new front end, there were many already. They still made RA and despite it's flaws is so superior to everything else out there it's not even funny.

These people changed history of this community

nobody uses higan. that shit is garbage.

On most emulators, even PCSX2, I'm able to set up a keybind for the Fast Forward feature, specifically a controller bind since I prefer to play with a controller.

Been trying to do this with ePSXe for some time now, but I just can't figure it out. Is this possible, and if so can anyone point me in the direction to figure it out?

Point to me in the post where it says 'higan'.