Is College just a scam at this point?

>tfw majoring in Statistics
>tfw learned nothing of use in class these 3 years
>everything I do at my internship was learned on my own

at least I'm graduating a semester early, I just want out of this hell hole called Higher """education"""

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debt_bondage
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well you get out of university what you put in. Unfortunately, 90% of what it's all about is the stupid piece of paper. Getting good at anything or learning practical application is up to you.

College is not a scam quite yet, but it's getting there.

Not a scam. You get the degree and if you did it right you get a good job with it. As far as learning goes, I am have learned far, far more since I graduated college self-studying than I did in college, and I came from Ivy League too.

Just "get your A and get out" as they say.

its a scam

Even then it's a lot of self-selection- "being a fuckup" and "not having your shit together" is closely correlated with not getting through high school or college. Higher earnings are probably attributed to that, largely. Send everyone to college and averages go down. Why? There's nothing special about college classes themselves. Send more people without their shit together to college and college grads average earnings go down.

the system of debt is necessary to sustain the supply of professional slave labor

Might be a scam in terms of what you're taught but that paper you get after you finish is what gets you a good job. It's basically a note saying to employers that you should be able to learn what they need you to learn, and that you should not be hired at a minimum vague job.

No, not really. Without student debt people would take loans for other things like houses, cars or some shit that they don't need, but want to impress others.

t. living in a country with free education

Invest your college money into crypto instead.

College total scam.

bullshit

It's like you didn't even hear about Europe.

It's like you misunderstood my criticism
>>Without student debt people would take loans for other things like houses, cars or some shit that they don't need, but want to impress others.
>bullshit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debt_bondage

t. student in yurop

Depends where you go, what you major in, and how you decide to spend your time.

Statistics is a hot degree right now. A master's along with excellent software development skills will earn you 6 figures right out of school, easily.

You're talking out of your ass

I believe it is a scam and I have a degree. I have a decent job too. I 100% regret wasting my time going to university. It is essentially a jew run brainwashing institution at this point.

Depends on the degree, but most of them are useless. Even some that are touted as useful like CS just make you have to compete with poo in the loos. Trade school or tech schools is the best deal you can get. Even majoring in something like graphic design at a tech school actually gets you more job offers than majoring in art at a university. You learn practical shit rather than art history you could have done in your own time. Learning some tips and tricks with design programs is much more difficult to pick up on your own, and the degree shows you know what you're doing.

Yes, unless you're in STEM. Everything else is a pseudoscience. Yes, that includes economics.

It's in a very grey area right now at best. If things continue the way they are most of them will be in solid scam territory by the end of 5 years.

Private schools except for very elite ones are mostly a scam right now IMO. The costs don't justify the value of the end product.

>tfw I know this feel
Try getting a master's like me... then you'll have wasted a whole extra year learning nothing, meanwhile you could have been working this whole time investing in crypto.

W-well... at least I am "educated"