ace-infinity.bngames.net/

>
infbuild.sorairo.pictures/#011n010001010000000000000001

>
youtu.be/y0Kyw7xXFvg

>
asm.aceinf.glasscore.net/

>
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eP07-JbjTjXkD5nQlNkC0I8WidP_AXD1K4S9jESx-Jk/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ybufm9wgD4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=QdJ_mkgFeAE
youtube.com/watch?v=QIMDOdi1fME
youtube.com/watch?v=STJm1RoLYLo
youtube.com/watch?v=GXkszF8Kq0Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_X-planes
youtube.com/watch?v=EnFc7D0ZoCc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And we like to play polo.

You know, the game with the horses?...

Second for R A D I C A L
youtube.com/watch?v=Ybufm9wgD4Q

>first for new pape get
There's also a slight black outline between colour zones in some shots, not sure what that'd change.

BEST FUCKING LIVERY

Done and done, I think this is prob my personal favourite scaling of the two so far.

Tried to match the explosions colours a bit better with the oens in the imgur folder there.

Also, the thruster distortions is legit just a blur tool with the layer at like half opacity.

>it got saved
The proof that people liked it.
Probably even wards against the stealthdimension.

I think if it's that far downscaled it looks a lot better tbqh. Again I'd try that one with the smaller plane like in That said I like the orange colour scheme for them with yellow and white for explody bits, but it's tricky to segment them properly, which gets hidden a bit with downscaling it.

This works. Neat.

This is some wholesome stuff.
Some other weeb pass judgement on whether this manages to look like some old OVA, I'm too elated to be objective right now.

I really need to fix those propellers. Something about them just looks off, nevermind the fisheye.

Xth for Phoenix best ace

His AC2 livery really needs more love.

youtube.com/watch?v=QdJ_mkgFeAE

I think it's the middle propellers that should look a bit more colinear.
I really like this livery. It's subtle and flashy at the same time.

youtube.com/watch?v=QIMDOdi1fME

[Undefined] for cool emblems.

His Flanker livery and most importantly XFA-7 livery are probably my favourite in the series.
Alongside the good old Green sharkmouthed A-10

youtube.com/watch?v=STJm1RoLYLo

>XFA-7

Best plane, best livery.

Uh, just replace the ADF I put there with XFA

Whoops, missed the 2 key

plus the XFA-27 is the only aircraft known to play baseball.

So why wasn't this an animu yet?

>last jap fad was items turned into cute girls doing cute things
>new one will be normal people turned into normal planes doing normal things
Why haven't we funded this yet?

God damnit Tom, now I'm getting Tom Brady NFL videos all over my YouTube recommendations
And I'm watching like all of them. Worst decision ever made by the 49ers lol.

I was talking about plane baseball. But sure.

>got another buddy interested in Handegg
B[rady would've been great with the 9ers but it's the combination of him and Belichick that's so deadly./spoiler]

is this an XFA-27 thread now? I hope she's in AC7
Plane sports in general should be a thing

why is everyone in this general such a good drawer?
I want to be good too, but I'm shit at it

Join the club, the best I can do is by abusing the line tool.

youtube.com/watch?v=GXkszF8Kq0Q
I can totally imagine an ACfied version of this with Cipher instead.

I mean I wish I could claim that was my art - all I did was smush together Dornie's screenshot and his drawing.

Im just fair-to-decent at using GIMP which gets a surprising amount of shit done.

But user, if you want to draw cool planes - draw them! What's the worst that can happen, your first attempt isnt great? Your second will be better!

Years of deviantart torture.
But seriously it's just practice. So doodle a lot if you want to git gud

after endless years of randomly drawing, I still am completely unable to do somethign that at least at some point has been alive.
Or any kind of perspective that not stricly 2D sadly

this is one I did a couple of weeks ago

Threadly reminder that we're doing a planefu collage! Draw yours, put effort into it, and we'll add it. Absolutely no skill required, but draw with love and patience.
I know, it's not as rad as Phoenix, but what is?
>spoiler
Just ask for advice, buddy. We're here to help.

I know it's cliche to say but just keep trying. Even an unsatisfying result nonetheless leaves you just a little bit better off than when you started; your brain still refines itself off of the failure.

Heck, I'm a halfway decent artist but I suck pretty badly at aircraft. I have no idea how half of the people here pull it off.

Tail should be a bit shorter. The wings look pretty good but the elevators look twisted

>forgetting the rules
Bollocks.
Anyway,
>it must be black and white
>it must fly from left to right
>you MUST have fun while drawing. It's the most important part!
The proportions make it look more like a MiG-17. Did you draw it with a mouse?
It's decent for a first one, don't worry. When drawing lines, use quick, sharp strokes. They'll be much straighter/curve more naturally, and it works with a mouse too.

Well, this is an odd coincidence. Right as I'm saying 'don't give up, just keep drawing and you WILL get better over time' I get a message from a friend asking me if I'll help him get better at artwork.

He started playing Ace Combat recently, too. Is that you, Bird?

I did it free hand with a cheap graphic tablet and a picture as reference.
The proportions and angles are also messed up because i read about the grid trick later

Here's a shitty B-2 I also drew. Looks like the stealth deamons have tried to mimic it but messed up

X-31 a cute

Lots of practice over the last half year. This: is me this July.
I'll just dump my general advice here (even though I think I'm terrible at giving advice):
Getting the muscle memory to make long strokes (assuming you aren't using a mouse, which I can't advice) takes some time, you'd be surprised what drawing a lot of parallel-ish lines often can do for your linework. In the meantime it's OK to use shorter ones, though I'd advice keeping the "chicken scratches" to a sketch layer and using that as a guide for longer strokes in the final picture.
Other than that, the best way to practice is to copy photographs. Doing that makes you learn the shapes and the proportions at the same time.
If you don't want to do perspective right away, study 3-views and then go on to photographs. Drawing an aircraft from any angle without a reference of that aircraft at that angle takes a lot of practice.
Construction is advanced-tier and if you want a picture that looks good but not necesarily perfect you can simplify it at the cost of accuracy. The same goes for Loomis, but don't neglect that too much. The CFA-44 is an example, you might notice various details don't match the other wing.
Panneling should be done after you're comfortable with drawing the airframe, it isn't something to go for right off the bat. Same for rendering. For that, do studies in black and white to learn "values" before adding colour on top of that.
Not too bad [insert friendly banter about warcrime's F-16 or Brady's line tool]. The wings should be a bit wider. Picture the cockpit as an egg rather than a teardrop. Other than that, see above, I hope it will help. Or just ask more questions, I'll gladly try and share.

>Loomis
Help me out here, what's that. I feel like I asked ages ago.

Do we have a list of the X numbers?

New lore
I like that red windshield

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_X-planes

Does this mean a plane mimicked by Stealthdemons has a sickly red canopy, and that's one way to tell an impostor? Like the blood test in The Thing?

>Tfw no operational F-29s or F-31s

Someone should make another of these for the CFA-44 with the Phoenix paintjob

Which program are you using? It's important to avoid programs that trip you over with it's lack of features (MS paint being a prime example).
>the insides are on fire
Stealth is hazardous.
Loomis is an illustrator mainly known for his work on construction and figure drawing. The main takeaway from his stuff is learning to use a simplified figure to put the human body into perspective and the usage of blocks to construct the figure.

Aight, here's the probable final version unless i fucked something up.
Not much, just changed uyp the distortions a bit and changed the colour of the explosion - tried to make the gold/yellow match the imgur folder shots, whilst keeping the oranges and stuff similar and not too reddish.
Hope you like it dornie

Do you have the /aceg/ calendar images downloaded? How many months were finished? How many remain?

Yeah that sounds about right. So we got Mimics too now

Thanks. Didn't show for me oddly enough

>the insides are on fire
Not fire. Much worse.

How do you guys make those?
I would make one for December with the ADFX-02 Morgan, which says "Here comes the Snow" somewhere

Oh, I think this just goes to show that I never looked into it on an /ic/ level.

I fucking love it.
If I may be overreaching, could you make a wide-screen version?
To do that without cutting into the fighter you'll need to keep everything as-is but upscale the background to fit the width of a 16:9 ratio, then cut off the top and bottom to reach that ratio. Would that be possible. Or are my instructions unintelligible gibberish because I'm over the seventh sky right now?
Also, does anbody else find that it does look like a screenshot? This was the point of the objective but I'm too happy not to be biased.
You're not missing much. Other notable memes are Hogarth for anatomy and Vilppu for drawing from imagination.

I personally think it does but that's more down to your art and shading than anything I did.
As for a widescreen version I'm
Not sure how well I could work that but I'll give it a go when I'm out the bath.
Been a long day I need some spoiling

This user here, thanks for the advice! It's nice to see positive ans constructive feedback on Veeky Forums
I used Krita for both planes. I also did a Mig 21 but the proportions on that are completley atrocious even though i used the line tool a lot

Alright that one made me giggle

>Krita
Good man.
Is the damn fill bucket/magic wand also broken for you in that it just takes all visible layers into account instead of just the one you are on?

>talking with some classmates
>they talk about some cool upcoming games
>show them a pic of the arsenal bird
>"yo that looks dope, what game is that from"
>proceed to show them the trailers
>they are pretty hype and say they'll check it out
I'm building bridges buddies

Good work user, keep it up!

You coup say they're budding buddies

Here's a quick example of what I meant, in case the explanation came out weird. The first step would be to set the background's width to the 1920. Further upscaling would require the good grace of Waifu2X.
Thanks for everything, I'm a happy buddy.
>Krita
Good choice. I recommend you use the pen tool rather than what I think is the marker one. The size and resolution of your canvas can affect the finish. If I may use the CFA-44 as an example, it's at 80% scale and takes half an A4 page at the resolution I set it to.
That should be modifiable in the tool settings. Then again it's been a long time since I used it.
Spread the word, buddy!

>tfw showed my dad the AC7 trailers a couple weeks ago and he flipped out

Oh yeah, your dad was also into Ace Combat, right?

It might be. I'd have to check again but I hardly use them so it usually isn't an issue.

>forget pic
Every time.
I managed to get my sister hyped with them and she's ridiculously adverse to playing vidya. They're excellent trailers.

He's who got ME into Ace Combat in the first place.

Top Tier Dad right there!

Night, buddies.
So, do we agree when I say that Phoenix's livery should be our standard in AC7? It makes literally everything perfect.
Good work, user.

>finally get everything needed for a stealthdimensional drive
>initiate the spacial transfer, everything is normal as the portal stabilizes
>step inside and gaze further into the abyss
>this gazes back
I'm not going back in there. I'm not even going to look. Nothing is worth this.

Have you padded your room properly?
If you haven't, expect unwelcome guests. [/spoler]

When will Kono announce the BD release?

>stepping inside the portal before being absolutely clear what's on the other side
Rookie mistake 2bh.

The room was padded and even coated with specialized paint.
There were no readings on the scopes, visual or otherwise. I had no reason to believe that the area wasn't clear. It just...materialized there, without warning. I fear we've angered something.

Buddy I've already pissed off anything worth pissing off.

>there is a universe where AC is the anime and the rest is the games
Good filename

>blood test
That scene scared the hell out of me

I'd say season 5 veered a bit to much into /m/ tropes. They outdid themselves in the next one, though.
>tfw still no new macross anouncement since the low sales of Delta
They did announce a complete edition. Is it multiplat?
I copy-pasted the release code from the first SDF Macross episode.

Can we establish the FAF equivalent to go doomslayer on them already?

>worth pissing off
There are some things that are not worth being angered. For your own sake.

Same, at first.
Man, what a brilliant scene.
>I know you gentlemen have been through a lot...but when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!!!

But the Gleipnir will help us to bring them down user.It is exactly the weapon we need.

Still can't believe they licensed AC to HG way back then.
>tfw no officially translated AC games

>WINDOWS BLAST HIM

>western AC releases
Hey, at least we have the fansubs, right...?
>tfw they allowed AH to be localized
That was a mistake. A big one.
I kinda hope they don't retcon season 3 once the 7th is done airing. The X OVAs did sort of tease it with the original designs.
There's also Electrosphere that mashed it with (Macek did a decent job, tbqh) with GitS and Appleseed, but that's it's own thing, tbqh.

On one side I'm curious about The Thing and The Shining, but I haven't tried stomaching horror in a long time, so on the other side I want to steer clear.
Am I missing out?

>tfw still no new macross anouncement since the low sales of Delta
A new project was announced months ago, as well as the upcoming Delta movie. From what I understand, Delta didn't do badly, it just didn't knock it out of the park like Frontier did.

You see Gleipnir is a double edged sword so to say. It helps to bind the stealthdemons to their dimensions, but it's judgement is not faultless. By tampering with the powers of the concealed, humanity has soiled their pure spirits, making the fallen angel bind them equally. If Gleipnir is not shown the right way, it may in fact judge all humans tainted and bind Midgard, bringing about Ragnarök and the destruction of the veil between our dimension and that of the concealed.

The Thing is an excellent film with good suspense and a lot of body horror (if you like that)
I've never seen The Shining

The Thing and The Shining are, in my opinion, two of the finest movies of the 20th century. You are missing out immensely by not watching those.

That was what I was refering to as a "complete edition".
Despite what my recent artistic output might lead you to think, I'm not too big on body horror.

This FUCKING THEME
youtube.com/watch?v=EnFc7D0ZoCc

It's not constant body horror, but that does play a big part. What The Thing captures best is the isolation and sheer paranoia felt by all the characters.
Fun fact: there's a base on the south pole, and when the last trip from civilization has gone and they're basically sealed in for the brutal antarctic winter, and the sun doesn't come back up for six months, they marathon all three Thing movies.

The Shining is a different brand of horror. The Thing is all paranoia and body horror monsters, The Shining is isolation and a downward spiral into insanity combined with latent psychic powers in a haunted hotel. Both are superb but they're not really comparable I think.

Personally my horror movie of choice would be In The Mouth of Madness, since it plays with the idea of malleable reality and a subjective view of sanity.

Am I the only one who thinks this CGI looks like absolute ass?

I want that toy Cipher F-15

Event Horizon.

Gonna agree with this. The original Area 88 OVA that came out in the damn 80s looks better than that. It's unfortunate that these studios don't have better budgets to either go back to all hand-drawn or at least make their CGI look better.