Quickstart Guide, resource ref sheet and FAQ:
pastebin.com/KhTaGq4E (embed) (embed)
gamemaps.co.uk/game/tarkov

>Discords
"""""OFFICIAL"""" EFT discord for beta news:
discord.gg/8KsHTGF
/eftg/ official US based discord:
discord.gg/BEEk538

>Upcoming patch 0.6.** info (no wipe; inb4 >reddit)
reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/7r2d0a/preliminary_patchnotes_for_06/

>Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/7m9ool/updated_customs_extracts_scav_pmc/
youtube.com/watch?v=vkxCWgO2-2o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>spawn in Woods west side as PMC
>move east crawling through the Woods
>find a green torch in the middle of some clearing
>find mysterious stairway down
>nope.heard too many creepypastas of this shit
>leads to an underground bunker
>greed wins
>loot 4 crates, only magazines and weapon parts but still good value
>decide to spend some time in the green lit room
>insane firefight happens on the surface
>stay down another 5 minutes then decide to camp the stairway
>guy rushes down right into my AK bullet shower
>i'm getting shot at inside a fucking closed bunker
>AAAAAH WTF
>i'm getting shot at from somewhere again
>die

what the fuck did just happen?!
was there some secret tunnel leading to this shit and the 2nd guy moved in from the other entrance?
what kind of cheater faggotry was this?!

Yeah I dunno. There's only one entrance to those bunkers. Could also be desync or the darkness obscuring a guy very slightly peaking the corner of the stairs, but I have no idea. Sucks when that happens though.

Two things, the green flare isn't always there so it's not a reliable marker, and there's no secret entrance to that spot. It sometimes shows up as an extraction zone, and there's also a second bunker just north of East Gate that has a locked door in it that's unlocked by the ZB-014 key.

Is game worth getting or is it a alpha, beta, release nightmare?

Do your own research. Asking the people who like the game enough to frequent a general for said game is like asking someone who's very Republican which party you should vote for.

nah im good. Shit game confirmed.

>one interaction with an user
>said user doesn't even comment on the game's quality
>"nah im good. Shit game confirmed."
goodbye user, take care

Absolutely not. Maybe in another year or so, but the only thing this game has going for it is weapon modification. Granted, you'd be very hard-pressed to find another game that gives you this level of modification for firearms, but it's not worth wasting $50 on something that will wind up just pissing you off.

it's an alpha cancer atm.
just play Survarium for free if you want cheeki breeki online.

......?
What the fuck was that? There wasn't even a gunshot, I just dropped dead.

There's a bug where guns and getting hit by them wont make noises. Or maybe you just got hit in the head by an axe when you werent looking.

It's crazy how often there's nobody else at the Resort area on Shoreline. It feels like cheating getting all this gear without having to kill geared dudes for it.

>Resort
Where/What is that?

The huge new area in the center of the map

I only started recently, so I have no context to what "new" area means.
Could you spoonfeed me a bit more, I want to loot resort.
Your not referring to spa right?

>spa
what is a synonym for spa

Okay, just checking, mostly because
>It's crazy how often there's nobody else at the Resort area on Shoreline
I feel like there are people there all the time

often =/= always

>Got second task for Papoooor.
>Load up an AK74 with 45 round mag for some scav huntin'
>Spawn near scav shack by lake and hearing running coming from behind.
>Somewhere someone yells,"HATCHLINGS IN THE TALL GRASS"
>quickly move onto rock to see hatchling coming right at me.
>See another start running from behind the dead campsite by lake
>Yet another off to my right somewhere
>Barely manage to mow them down as they all rush me
>That 45 round mag putting in work
>Out of ammo as last one drops sudden footsteps behind me
>Pistol from last mak run still in hostler
>spin around firing wildly
>headshot 4th hatchling as he hits my stupid fucking fishbowl.
>fishbowl saves my life.
>All of them were 35+
>Extract out with 120k+ in tags alone.

reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/7m9ool/updated_customs_extracts_scav_pmc/

So is this map just bullshit or what? My exfil was ZB-1011, but when I went there, there was no extraction, and I ran out of time and lost everything.

Did you D/C as a scav and get new extractions assigned? That's a bug, and the new extractions won't work. Otherwise, are you sure you didn't go to ZB-1012? Cause that's one of the ones with limited extracts. If neither of those is the case, your server was probably just shitting the bed.

ZB-1011 is the underground hallway near the 4 big silo things right? Because I went there even and despite that it was my only ensured exfil, nothing happened. I was a PMC

Should I use the file cache cleaning too?

Hardcore darkness mechanics

Can you guys post standard edition stashes so I can get ideas on how to organize this shit? I have so little breathing room, I need Tetris strats.

Running out of room just means you need to sell stuff or actually take gear on missions, that's all there is too it. Also don't save ear that trades in for low value items.
I'll post my stash once I'm done with my current raid

W-why are you posting during a raid?

Tips for getting this Skier quest done? I have no idea what the fuck I should be doing.
>for the first quest, give me best-in-slot armor
simply epin

Just keep playing and RNG will grant you a lucky fort scav eventually. You could take it from another player but that could prove pretty difficult, on top of the fact that you actually have to get lucky enough to find a fort player.

Did you buy the game before or after the New Year? Because the New Year gift came with a case and a keybar that can help you with cache management. And in case you didn't know, bags can be stacked infinitely inside each other

I've actually never encountered a Fort Scav. Do they spawn at a later point in the mission?

Not with any greater frequency than they do on the early scavs. Just gotta keep killing the fuckers

They spawn on factory if you stay around long enough. No idea about other maps

>Having a great raid on Shoreline
>Couple player kills, couple scav kills
>Lootin up weather station and munchin on whatevers layin around
>Hydration is 0
>I fucking drank condensed milk
>Shit myself to death in 60 seconds
Fucking just

I pretty much AFK for the first 5-10 mins when I really want to get shit done. Increases my survival rate dramatically.
Anyway, here is the top half of my stash.

Bottom half of my stash

Hey can I get some help with the BP depot quest.
I found and marked three of the fuel tanks, but I don't know where the fourth one is.
Ones I found marked in red.

Middle of the road between Crossroads and Trailer Park extractions on the farl eft.

Thanks

Holy shit boys I'm going to lamboland

I've been seeing a lot of forts and kivers in factory recently, just did a run and the first scav i seen had a fort, second had a kiver.

Is there a reason to keep a rear iron sight?

To use in conjunction with the front iron sight

>Kill player that my squadmate can't see
>Squaddie gets one-shotted through Fort/Fast by another invisible player
>I bug out to overwatch point
>Get disconnected from server
>Reconnect dead
I will rape hackerfags to death IRL

Fuckin lol

>you will never find a scav with Fort or helm

I bless your next 20 hours of gameplay with good fort luck.

>bought EoD edition so got a freebie for the quest
>have never seen another fort since

p2notgrind

I'm gunna gunna enjoy losing rep with ol' skier when I inevitably fail this shit.

Just don't start the quest until you have them

>unlock Therapist lvl 3
>Ak74n is now the cheapest rifle that i can buy at any time thanks to toolkits

neat, goodbye to my days without full-auto

:-)

Ultra Low Quality shitter leave

I'd fucking murder to have my shit look like that in game.

Rust alpha?

My therapist is still lvl 1 while everyone else is 2-3, i just cannot find salewas at all.

Jesus christ it's like those .ini tweaks people did for PUBG. Was that something you did or did your game just fuck up?

Shoreline Spa has them. Some at the ambulance outside, more in some of the locked rooms in the west and east wing.

i did it on purpose

Then in that case you're a terrible, terrible person, and I basically hate you.

Incoming ban ahoy!

except they cant do literally anything because i didnt edit any game files >:3

NO REFUNDS
they ban people running unrelated shady shit in the background

Any tips for delivery from the past, factory part?

In these shitty devs infinite wisdom dying with the doc case resets it and id love to not have to go back to customs for it again.

I've already done the survive factory part with it out of quest inventory but I'm worried if I bring it in I'll run into some faggot in fort/fast that round

I'll bite the bullet.

How?

For customs, just wait 5 - 10 minutes at the beginning of the round and then hope no one has grabbed the package yet.

For factory, just do dry run first so that you know exactly where you need to go. It takes 30s to drop the package, but you can go prone where no one will see you without entering your little shack room. Go in armed to the teeth just in case.
If you have night vision, I'd recommend doing that mission at night since not many people play factory during the dark hours.
I manged to creep my way without nvgs to the location and extract, but it was tense, don't know if that's a good strat or not. Was wearing a tac headset to compensate for lack of NVGs

I just waited at spawn till the last 5-10 minutes. Everyone had seemed to die off or extract by the time i went to plant.

But its still somewhat down to luck, cause someone might hunt you at spawn (although you should be at the advantage if you camp right) or someone will sit there and camp a spot late into the raid.

Just tried the scope/side mod sight combo and I really dislike it. Feel like I can't see anything with the scope on the left side of my screen.

Mounting your sight on the top of the scope works well.

I'll try that out, will probably be better for me.

fucking CEASE

I've found that using the Aimpoint (use both the small spacer and the large spacer) in the angled slot works pretty well.

Thanks. Unsure if I'll try it at night seems like a gamble but maybe worth it.

Dry run was fine and would have been perfect if I had it on me.

All these "if you die you're fucked" tasks need to be at the end of the chains instead of being the beginning ones

Seems almost all the later ones are reasonable that just require simple completions

Just stole a tricked out M4 on customs, but none of the traders will buy it, who do I sell it to?

Its durability is too low to sell to traders (other than maybe Fence). Either repair it or scrap it for parts and sell those to traders, then ditch the lower receiver to Fence or discarding.

>Its durability is too low to sell to traders
That was it, thank you. First time I've had to actually repair a gun for sale

>load into customs with a vepr, spare mag, scav vest and balaclava
>sprint ahead of everyone
>turn around and wait at hole in fence near construction
>fast helm guy sprints around the corner
>3 cheap 7.62 rounds end his life
>take all his goodies, put on his helm and armor
So this is how it's done eh? Just play dirty as fuck for free shit.

>Factory as scav
>slowly walk to the stairwell
>see another scav slowly walking up it, not sure if it's AI, hold fire
>he notices me and puts a bullet through my skull

>3 cheap 7.62 rounds end his life

I wish it always worked like that.
Some fag tanked at least 6-8 rounds of my 7.62 vepr and he didnt look like he even had a fort. Proceeded to get a lucky headshot and kill me.

I was mad as fuck after that one.

They don't give a shit about your "but I didn't even break EULA" excuses. They will ban you and you will be back crying.

Does my progress in setting the markers for Prapor's quest save progress or does it have to be all in one go?

4 separate runs amigo, one of the less punishing quests

Were you the one that slayed like 4 AI scavs on third floor prior to this?

>sneak up on some dude in a building
>he turns and we trade fire
>unload 5 blasts from a saiga into him
>no damage done
>die

damn i love how /real/ this game is!

Saiga is awful, as are all shotguns. Don't use them.

Yeah, next time a dude pulls a shotty on me IRL im gonna laugh at him and punch him to death cause it's so real

It's fine he will pull a shotgun and you will be able to punch him through time its self as you desync reality.

ouch!
youtube.com/watch?v=vkxCWgO2-2o

[x] Told
[ ] Not Told

Even if a shot doesn't penetrate a vest at first, you're gonna feel like you've just been donkey kicked in the chest.

adrenaline is a hell of a drug

I just used my scav to join a game but whenever the loading screen ends it just says lost connection to server, I've tried reconnecting like 8 times but it's the same every time

wont save you from the internal bleeding.

but I can just slap ifak on while I dash up the stairs

don't forget to pop a painkiller to fix your broken ribs

Why does my full auto fire get interrupted sometimes when I hold M1? Sometimes it will just cut off and stop until I let go of M1 and press it again. Is my gun jamming or some shit?

have you tried turning your gun off and back on again?

Where's the off/on switch?