>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xPuRVj4B2jc&t=7s
youtube.com/watch?v=gspl1w8bT10
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck captcha.
Migration to r/darksouls when?

Any good weapons for a quality build in Undead Settlement?

Can someone redpill me on Fire Keepers?

ANOTHA ONE. THIS MAKES THE THIRD, BOYS.

OH
MY
GOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDD

Hollowslayer, do what Lucatiel could not with the weapon.
Wield it competently, and not like a straight sword.

>redoing cheevos on ps4
>kill SoC, go over checklist before ng+
>got everything except the darkmoon ring
Hahaha
haha
Ha
Guess I better buy the DLC and hope for some fucking SL80 summons because I'm sure as shit not farming Silver Knigga's again

Damn this place looks cool, I'm already loving i-- STOP BREAKING MY SHIT
Why do you do this to me, DS2? I enter an area, think it looks neat, and then you fuck it all up by throwing meme enemies at me. This could have been such a good area.

>plebbit

>"Prithee, be careful. I don't want to see m' work squandered!."
Said Sean Barrett, in the audio recording studio, unaware to the fact that those words would be echoed a trillion times through eternity

>Constantly ensure I'm doing questline in the right order
>Fail because I went slightly too far in the wrong direction or didn't talk to thr right unrelated people in the right order or killed an unrelated boss at the wrong time
What was the purpose in making Das3 quests so convoluted? I never felt connected to any of them the way I did Solaire or Seigmeyer because it all seems so arbitrary

>shitpostcompetitionchan

I want to like this place, but its coming off as such a fucking chore.

Guess this site is not for (You)

what would it take to 'save' the dark souls universe?
how come no matter what the protagonist does the world remains a shitty hellscape?

>what would it take to 'save' the dark souls universe?
A competent lore writting team, preferably white men instead of nippons

Update item descriptions in DS1r that allude to the other 2 games and attempt to patch up any plotholes that were left.

>Oi!

It already got saved.
Seek Seek lest saved himself with immortality, no hollowing and tripping around
Gael saved whoever happened upon the painting and found the second painting in the first painting with a world that wouldn't degrade (read start the cycles of fire and dark and all that bullshit)

The world got saved by just making a new one

For the manus catalyst shit in the previous thread, at 40/16, an ivory catalyst will outdamage manus even with dark sorcery. Dark orb with manus did 348 to a hollow soldier, ivory did 367.

The whole point is that you can't, it's out of your control, it's supposed to be a cycle. The darkness is inevitable but so is the fire. Extinguish the flame and fire will rise again, provide it more tender and the it will only burn a little longer.

ARE YOU ACTUALLY FUCKING KIDDING ME

What do we call the casuls who played DS3 first/only?

Threetards.

You.

>casuls
>implying DS3 isn't harder than the other games except BB

Is it dishonest to play Dark Souls with a KB+M?

"people who played ds3 first/only" sounds pretty fitting

THAT'S THE ONE!
Thanks user

Is it actually viable to fight and beat Gwyn "normally"?
Every time I do a new playthrough of 1 I tell myself I'm going to gg and beat him legitimately, then I send 5 attempts without landing a single hit and end up getting tired of the gauntlet and just parry/hornet him to death.
Even with good fire resist gear OR full Havel armor you'll be nearly dead after blocking a combo from the fire damage, then you can only roll away once if you're heavy, by which time he's moved in so fast it's impossible to do anything.
Feel like it would have been a much better fight if they'd made him 10% slower, it;s one of the only ones (other than Bed of Memes) in that game that feels cheap.

why would it be dishonest?

git gud
not even joking
he's not that difficult

My unironic belief is that they intentionally made them so complicated casuals would never make it all the way through because they knew the lore/stories were shit compared to 1 and even 2
Applies to BB as well

Hey S I N D E R. if you're here and I think you are, fuck you

Because the game was designed with gamepad in mind.

I hope you never try farming for anything else, ever, because you'll never see it.

Well, I didn't parry him when I fought him, and I got him in one try.

The instant estus and free 24/7 rolls make 3 by far the most forgiving.

Kind of.
People think you are shooting yourself in the foot because they can't be bothered with taking 5 minutes to rebind keys while you maintain amazing camera control for when not locked on in a game where the camera is the reason you don't see the "fuck your shit up" attack the giant enemy is doing somewhere far above you

I used Solaire for the Gargoyles.

I feel dirty.

>undead merchant (female) will never let you eat her moss

You're approaching it wrong, go light and take your time whittling him away. You can't tank him. It's a huge pain learning his moves because of the fucking run to the fight but once you do you can wait for a kick/grab, get a hit in, then go back to dodging.

they ded

We're going to call them a lot of things, when they start hating on DaS1, when they try the remastered version. They'll hate it because rolling and consuming estus flasks are no longer overpowered. Also bosses won't provide a bonfire so their souls after bosses will be in jeopardy.

When I first played I used Solaire AND Lautrec and still managed to fall off the roof and die immediately

Most of his attacks apparently do ~250 fire damage, so maybe flash sweat would help to let you facetank him if that's the way you want to go.

I have to disagree. They balance the hyper-aggressive enemies and phased bossfights.

I played DS3 for something like 800 hours before I tried the other two. Aside from the clunky controls, they were so easy that they were boring. Anyone who thinks DS1 and 2 are harder than 3 needs to take off their nostalgia glasses.

>not just using the infinity storage glitch to save you hours of farming

youtube.com/watch?v=xPuRVj4B2jc&t=7s

I did better than you did, at least?

It's not dirty if you're trying to get miracles for the Warriors of Sunlight covenant.

You can't use that for items that you can't buy from a merchant. Short of CE you still have to farm slabs and chunks the hard way.

Dude please, it's super obvious that entering the Irithyll Dungeon before speaking to Onion Knight would save the merchant! Or better yet, how come you didn't backtrack to the well in the church bonfire after you talked to patches? This makes perfect sense dude, c'mon

Did you do all of Dark Souls 2's DLC? (Not disagreeing with your claim)

WELL ACKYUALLY
youtube.com/watch?v=gspl1w8bT10

i never learned how to parry and beat Gwyn without much issue. i'm not even that good at Souls games, so it sounds like a mental barrier to me.

It'll never get saved user. it's an endless cycle.

Rank the Soulsborne games, from best to worst.

Git gud, not even joking, the fight is one of my favorites in the entire series. Position yourself so that the pillars are between you and him when you want to heal. It's a pretty simple fight really, just dodge and punish when appropriate. DON'T GET GREEDY because healing in this fight is a pain in the ass

Disagree there, I think is majorly comes down to the playstyle you prefer. I was terrible at BB because I was used to being slow and conservative from 1 and 2, meanwhile my roommate (who had never played the games) plowed through it because he was more keen on going ballistic and using risky strategies.
I feel like 3 was closer to BB, especially with the different stagger system, you could spam R1 and be good to go for 90% of enemies. The bosses heavily favored an aggressive style which made it very hard for me initially but was a cakewalk on subsequent playthroughs. Meanwhile Ornstein/Smough, Manus, and Gwyn will still take several attempts when I replay DS1

o fuk

No, I only played base DS2 on my roommate's 360.

You know the one thing I never liked about Dark Souls 2 PvP was that backsteps provided i-frames

DS1 is heralded as difficult because it came out at a time when everything remotely mainstream was complete bottom of the barrel no challenge a shit, the biggest challenge in that game was getting a black knight drop/just doing basic shit like upgrading gear and sticking to a reasonable equip load
2 got a shitload of artificial difficulty accusations from people who thought 1 was perfect and the entire discussion always devolved into nitpicking and exaggerations, most of the people talking about it tend to either overstate how bullshit the game is for the sake of making it look worse, of bullshit it into being the most tactical thing since ghost recon stop being about tactics

1>bb>demon's>2>3

That was fairly simple.

Step 1: Pick your favorite boss fight
Step 2: try to ruin it

My take: O&S is now accompanied with Silver Knight archers in the upper level.

Is that the covetous demon? Because I quit the game after that fight because of how disgustingly easy it was

It's of the easiest bosses in the franchise.

>Step 1: Pick your favorite boss fight
>Step 2: try to ruin it
Fume Knight, but there are four Ashen Idols enclosing his boss room that heal him.

I knew someone would say this

Man you really should do something about your HP bar, at least go grab the ring of binding if you can't afford to manatee up every 10th death

Does anyone mind helping me ferry some shit over on PC? I will have to take items from 2 characters so you'll have to do it 3 times.

Yes, I'm wondering if it even needed to be there.
It felt that way.

Fought Covetous a week or so ago and I'd definitely agree. It was especially easy because it's weak to fire and I was using pyromancy.

You'd be amazed how many people still get killed by it though. I found out when I laid my sign down outside the boss room.

Asylum Demon now has a bigger more jiggly butt.

DS1 / BB > DS3 > DeS > DaS2
But I'm an atmospherefag, if it was pure gameplay or replayability I would rank Scholar over DeS.

>Frampt

Archers/snipers can ruin any fight, as can timer events
I feel like the burning building eventually killing you (or damaging spots of fire on the ground appearing more and more) during the Dancer fight would have been a cool touch but it also could have made it disgustingly hard if they didn't give you enough time.

>Sister Friede
>2nd phase has 2 health bars and the phase is not over until you deplete both

>Yes, I'm wondering if it even needed to be there.

He got cucked by the next boss you're about to face.

gwyn, but you can parry him

I mean, you barely noticed the rising water level in the flexile sentry fight.

I'm not too worried, and just pop an Effigy if a boss gives me too much trouble.

At least you have a good taste in waifus.

From what comes to mind now
>Velstadt can summon soldiers to assist him
>Micolash has a much larger area and can alternate between both layers
>Pontiff Sulyvahn can continuously spawn clones

Still though I kinda doubt all of your 4 rings are so mandatory that you can't afford a 50% health boost and every attack putting you on deaths door doesn't seem all that fun

>Artorias, but you can interrupt his charge up
When I first played I didn't know you could interrupt it, so I just played against the powered up version that one shot me every time

>the people in this thread trying to rate the souls games by difficulty
>the people in this thread thinking any of them are particularly difficult after you understand how the combat works

DS1>haven't played Bloodborne but looks tight>Demon's Souls>DS2>DS3

Is the Deep the same thing as the Abyss?

No.
inb4 all the brainlets saying yes

Lothric and Lorian
Every time Lothric heals Lorian, he himself gets healed as well.

Lucky. Ha fucking ha.
Tried 1 and 2 and they flat wouldnt work with my comp. Ill give the remaster a whirl when the time comes.

Nah lad, you'll want the Ring of Binding, trust me.

DaS2:SotFS>DaS3>DaS1>BB>DeS>DaS2 w/o DLC
My rankings are based on gameplay and how the gameplay makes me a better Dark Souls player; I regularly run the games with numerous builds, some gimmick builds and some legit, and I also fight all the bosses. It really helps that Dark Souls 2 offers multiple starting paths, and when I play Dark Souls 3 I often kill the Dancer after Vordt to not have the game feel monotonous, because the game is VERY linear.

Abyss lite

would literally be impossible for 90% of all builds

It never surprises me to see easy bosses kill people, considering how many are playing. Everyone has a particularly difficult boss.
More health would definitely be nice to have, and I won't lose much replacing a ring.

The only reason shit is fucked up is because of the artificially prolonged age of fire.

It's like if you go too far out of the boundaries of a gameworld and you get all kinds of floating point errors.

There's meant to be a cycle, age of fire, followed by age of dark, then an age of fire again, and accepting that cycle is what is required to keep shit normal