EVE Online General - /eog/

Permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK for PLEXing?
Training 5M of a selection of 20M SP is actually F2P now (as well as the full amount of the already-trained latter). The skills listing is here:
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/clone-states-the-next-steps/

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then find the Career Agents & run all of their missions. They give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Read the (outdated) /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/yr1SsqMm

>Focus Group Logs:
focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Currently:
>EVE Online: Arms Race
>updated F2P
>Daily Alpha Injectors
updates.eveonline.com/

Past:
>EVE Online: Lifeblood:
updates.eveonline.com/date/2017-10-24/
>Alpha ships re-balanced.. minigames, moonmining, refineries, and more!
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid, pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true).

>previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/upwell-2.0-structures-changes-coming-on-february-13th/
docs.google.com/document/d/1pGMcR-Eyco_hUmK8ptRmfBpOK54ryVEWd3HJm9uGOiw/edit#
eveboard.com/
eveboard.com/pilot/Postbitz_Anthar
evemaps.dotlan.net/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Amarr

Citadels give Defenders too much of an advantage so now they can choose when the armor and structure timers happen.

To balance citadels we are also increasing reinforcement timers to 14 days in highsec, 11 days in nullsec and lowsec, and 9 days in W-space.

Upwell structures will also be gaining the ability to use a variant of the Gravitational Transportation Field Oscillator superweapon from titans. This superweapon grabs large numbers of ships from a target area and launches them to another random spot in the same solar system, allowing the structure gunner to disrupt enemy formations and wreak havoc on the battlefield. The Standup Gravitational Transportation Field Oscillator will be limited to Large and X-Large structures, and will be usable in all areas of space including highsec.

Don't worry though, my opinion on removing reward for risk has not changed but to keep those pvp scumbags who want more risk v reward we will begrudgingly increase recovery cost to 0.5% of item value.

Enjoy the stagnation :)

>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid, pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true).
Could we delete this?

>community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/upwell-2.0-structures-changes-coming-on-february-13th/
>No armor and reduced timers on low power stations
Rev up those Oracles boiz!

>He doesn't afk in his 350km beam revelation while some cuckshed owner cries about 'muh void'

How about unbanning Stunt?

>He doesn't structure bash using vertical ships only.
Being ERECT feels too good. Speaking of can you fit cap guns on a FAX?

What happened to the sperglord?

>Base lock range of Upwell Structures is planned to increase to 400km, with the ability to increase it further to a cap of 490km

Get fucked.

>Stop playing in 2014 after playing off and on since 2006
>Reinstall just now
>Recover account
>Log in

What the fuck game is this and what happened to EVE I can't find anything now. Also:

>See I have 600 PLEXs
>HOLY FUCK I'm RIIIIIIIIIIICH
>Check prices
>Oh

>tfw you realize you can do small gang pvp forever

Join Dronelands today! Quiet deep sovnull, safe ratting space, cheap systems for rent. Comrade xXDEATHXx is waiting for YOU!

I would if he'd get a less edgy name.

>a less edgy name.
Okay. How about this?

docs.google.com/document/d/1pGMcR-Eyco_hUmK8ptRmfBpOK54ryVEWd3HJm9uGOiw/edit#

so just started EVE. Going industrial is useless because of bots right?

damn, nice

If you mean mining, yeah. Mining is garbage unless you're using capital ships. If you skill into miners having just started, you will make DREADFUL money compared to anything else you could be doing.

Other problems with mining include:
-the SP you sink into it isn't useful for anything else
-it's extremely boring and unengaging

Speaking of industrial stuff, would it be smarter to make an alt for manufacturing/invention/reactions or learn the skills on your main who already has a decent combat flying skillset?
Also how do I get an alpha clone who can train, do I need another account?

oh wait so industrial does more than mining? Is it viable to go industrial at all? I assumed industrial was JUST mining

Industrial is kind of a catch-all term for anything involving any stage of making things, whether its mining resources or running factory jobs or researching blueprints ect.

If you are not already space-rich, do not bother with industry. The marketplaces are run by bots, and you have to have max rank 5s in all relevant skills to make any amount of isk on anything, and even then the margins are RAZOR thin.

I didn't know what you mean by 'industrial', but that term could also refer to manufacturing, PI, hauling or a bunch of other shit.

All of those things are useful in their own right, but not really appropriate to pursue as a main goal unless you've got autism.

thanks

>I didn't know what you mean by 'industrial',
I'm just going by the "paths" listed out by the career agents

The career agents are very condensed. If they had a separate agent for every isk-making activity there'd be dozens of them. In terms of "official" game terms industrial just refers to hauling ships but the community primarily uses it the way described.

By the way, if you're looking for isk-making activities here's a chart with a bunch of them.

How do you get into racing?

That's more of an occasional player event kinda thing, not really a "profession."

racing doesn't exist

idk i reckon ccp are RACING to kill eve hahahaha

>ccp literally endorses killmail cancer

>user literally is still mad about something that's totally fine

when are you going to post the lossmail that people keep bullying you for

I lost a clone with +4 implants in a shuttle to a gatecamping machariel with a smartbomb on the path from jita to hek, does that count?

I just came back after a year long "Break" I played for a couple of weeks then stopped

I think I was going to just run missions or kill rats for fun, but I can't remember, I think my skills look like I was going for a nice big ship or something but I can't figure it out.

Anyway, enough blogposting, what amarr ships do you guys recommend for solo PvE?

On that note, is there a corp or channel or anything I can join to help bust gatecamps? The same couple corps camp the same fucking systems almost every day, it'd be trivial to humiliate them if I had the manpower

For L4 securities, harby navy issue, legion, or a well-fit battleship should net you pretty good income. You won't be blitzing for 100m+ an hour, but I made around ~20-50 an hour minimum in my tengu back in the day.

For hisec anoms/sigs, probably an Omen NI? Unfortunately amarr ships may not be absolutely great for this but you should be able to handle 4/10s easily, and if you find a 5/10 escalation just prepare or bring a battleship/Harby. I've heard crazy shit from the confessor but I have no experience with it, it's probably worth looking into

Then if you wanna live dangerously you can explore nullsec/wh sites in an anathema/magnate. Extremely cheap and if you can learn to avoid dying it'll net you the best return on your investment with extremely lax skill requirements

I'm just playing casually at the moment, so I'll look into a Legion

Next I gotta remember how fitting out works properly. I'm only running L1 security at the moment so I'm not makin any real money, but I have no risk of dying anyway

There will be as soon as you make one ; )

Oh fuck

One of those skills is gonna take a month, jesus

I started with missions and while they do make good, consistent isk they can be pretty goddamn boring. If you do choose this route, going through L3s will get you used to running them as efficiently and hassle-free as possible. Make sure you find a corp to run missions for that won't obliterate your standing with a primary faction (sisters of EVE can make insane isk/lp but will slowly diminish your caldari rep unless you reject missions)

I'd recommend learning the basic scanning skills (astrometrics to 4, relevant misc skills to 3 or whatever), because rat farming sigs can make the same or more money (especially for lower SP pilots) and it's much more diverse. If you can find yourself a low-pop part of hi sec to scan down for a couple hours a day you can end up with peanuts, or you can end up with 100s of millions of isk. Escalations can entice you to go make some friends and head out to low sec, where the real money is

Also look into incursions, I don't know anything about them but people say it makes crazy isk

I absolutely will look into this. I have thought about maybe switching into hacking or something as it looks like fun.

I'm just queuing up some skills to get started towards flying a Legion. Is there a feasible way to speed up training that won't cost me billions?

we are legion xd

make sure your attributes are mapped correctly and you have at least a +3 attribute implant plugged in

it can cut training time by maybe 25% on average

the most isk efficient way of gaining SP is being subscribed. injectors are much more expensive sp/isk

hope you fags have all been on cerebral accelerators nonstop

Yeah, if you haven't played for a while you might have a couple remaps saved up. Generally you want to remap your attributes for the very long-term, but if you have a couple saved up it might be worth it to just remap for a couple months and power through one section of skills that you want for a month or two.

Other than that, you can explore (scan and hack) through low/null sec in a ship that costs about 1 million isk. Obviously there is a ton of risk involved, but once you get good and safe (use dscan, check systems and locals on kill board, etc), you can make 25-100mil+ isk an hour out there. Do that a lot few times and week for a couple hours and skill boosters (or game time) is easily within your reach.

Until the end of the month you can get rogue swarm cerebral boosters or something like that. They last 24h base, cost around 15-20 mil, and give an extra ~1100sp/hr, which can add up pretty fast.

For amarr, jumping in an omen (lasers)/arbitrator(drones) and then starting now with scanning hi-sec for combat sites could be decently lucrative. Just know your boundaries, Google the sites, focus scrams/webs rats first so you can warp out if need be. You won't be able to do 2/10s due to the size restriction (destroyers and smaller only) or 4/10s (too rough without a bc/faction ship), but you should be able to get through 3/10s and unrated sites pretty well.

Remember that training in general things (fitting skills, cap/nav) is never bad and very important. Specializing once you find a ship, weapon class, or archetype that you like is what enables you to bring ships to their maximum efficiency, which in turn makes all the difference in the world when making isk through combat missions and sites. Don't skill up to battleships too fast

This is a crazy amount of information to take in

Let me finish up these security missions FOR THE EMPIRE and I'll give it a read then investigate what I gotta do

I like the idea of scanning for battle sites though, that sounds fun

>missions

Just remember to have fun user, check out the faction warfare stuff too if you wanna get into cheap pvp

>cheap pvp
>needs HG snakes

I don't know that I will until I get the baseline of the game down as I can't afford to lose ships yet

Even though somebody apparently gave me 1bill ISK when I last played for some reason

Is there anywhere I can list my skills for you guys to see and provide recommendations?

Also I assume the replies that don't link are an /EOG/ meme?

ALso fuck, I remember when a PLEX was 30 days of time, now I gotta buy a heap of em to get that same time?

>/EOG/

>Also I assume the replies that don't link are an /EOG/ meme?

you can share your character + skillsheet with eveboard.com/

eveboard.com/pilot/Postbitz_Anthar

I think this worked

I'm about 30 mins off being able to fly an Omen, so I might grab one of those, then do a refresher course on scanning and such through the missions

The (you)-less reply meme is probably the single greatest thing that came out of this shithole.

Okay so seeing as there's downtime I might as well just ask some more questions.

1. Combat Anomalies, from what I understand these don't have to be scanned, they just appear as green marks on my directional scanner and I just find them on my screen and warp to them?

2. How can I tell how populated a high-sec area is? If I want to find these anomalies and not have to compete, I guess I wanna try and be alone, is there anywhere that'll tell me like the star map?

your probe scanner not your directional scanner

try evemaps.dotlan.net/

Oh okay.

Probe scanning can help find them I assume?

I stumbled upon a couple by accident, a level 1 and a level 3, I cleared the level 1 but flew into the level 3, got hit by a couple of rockets and GTFO'D

I can fly an omen now so maybe I'll kit one out

Fuck these are pretty ships

anomalies are in the probe scanner but you don't need to use probes to find them. CCP logic

Does scanning with probes help at all?

anomalies are visible and warpable at all times. you use probes to find signatures, which you'll see in your probe scanner as entires you can't identify or warp to

Gotcha

I'll stick to combat drones when I get around to it

Legion is extremely skill and skill point reliant ship.
If you are a casual but just want to blast some NPC's in missions go
Punishing for L1
Omen for L2
Harbinger for L3
Apocalypse for L4
with optional Navy Apoc as an upgrade once you get yourself rolling in L4's

All these ships clear missions at minimum skills so you don't really need to invest into the hull or weapon categories beyond what it takes to unlock the relevant modules.
Instead you can use all the spare training time to beef up your support skills in gunnery and engineering but also the other areas as well.
You can move up as soon as you can afford the hull + the fit
Apocalypse is about 8 days of training, 10 with the large weapons included so that's the fastest you could get into it provided you can make the ISK. The hull is 120M and you will need another few million for modules and rigs as well (though it's quite easy to cheap out on modules)n

You can also run the normal or scannable combat sites in high sec pretty easily with Omen or above. Punisher can also do some of them but only the easiest ones.

I got myself an omen so I'll search for some L2s, any advice on that? I'm just jumping between systems and hoping

I'm training level 1 medium turrets now so I wanna put some of those on the omen, not sure what I do about the rest of the fit though. Anywhere you recommend reading about various fits?

use the agent finder. I guess go read the euni wiki

Agent finder will let you know about the agents.
If you are in Tash Murkon there are several lvl 2 agents there like one Tash.Murkon Family Bureau but you need to find one that you have standings for.

You want to pick a corporation to work for as you need to make them like you a lot for the L3's and L4's

For a basic fit eve uni wiki is pretty good

When you say a corporation, you mean a faction or something?

I thought corps were the guilds and such of the game

there are NPC corporations as well
NPC noob corps where you start the game out and then there are the real NPC corporations which have agents and operate stations as well

For example
In this screenshot
You are in Amarr (faction) space
In a station operated by Kaalakiota (NPC Corporation) which falls under Caldari (faction)

Oh, okay that makes sense.

I will see about that. Now, for the stuff I'm getting out of killing in anomalies, can I sell those to some shitty NPC or can I literally only sell to players?

What you mean by "stuff"
If you mean the basic loot like modules and items then that goes into the player markets.
There are few items that NPC's buy though but those you can also sell to player markets

Oh okay,

Yeah sorry I should have specified.

I did a bit of research and certain tags are useful for NPCs, but the True Sansha tag I had isn't.

I was talking about items like charges and such I get off enemies. I guess I could sell them cheap or something, maybe just trash em

Tags are used in LP stores, some times might require
A basic item + tags + isk + LP -> faction variant of that item.

Unless you are serious mission runner you probably won't accumulate enough tags by yourself to buy anything super useful so you can just sell those. Alternatively you can buy the tags you are missing for some item though watch out as it's often easier to simply buy the item from the market directly (though perhaps less fun for me at least)

And ye items like charges you have no use for yourself you just want to sell.

What I usually do is just stockpile all that random crap you get and then haul it to markets every once in a while or sell in my home station directly

Alright cool

I love destroying these bases, they make pretty as fuck explosions

I keep forgetting to fit myself out now that I can have medium turrets

Wandered into a level 3 and got slapped around a bit, that was a mistake

Ye medium turrets are a must on a cruiser, that's like 95% of the point of using a bigger ship.
Omen has a nice bonus for them as well.
You can get medium turret skill to lvl 2 or 3, Amarr cruiser to 2 or 3 and then continue with your support skills if you intend to move to the L4's and the Apoc

Some the fights can be bit tough but Omen can run all the normally visible combat sites in high sec. For the ones that need to be scanned out you should be able to run them in Omen as well but there are few (like Sansha's Abandoned Mining Colony) where the guaranteed faction spawn will just tank what ever you throw at it if your skills are too low

Okay cool, I was gonna skill up the basic fit according to the wiki for l2 missions for Omen then go from there

Ye that fit will carry you trough the L2's just fine

Looking at it now, the only thing you might not need / want is the faction ammo but it's really up to you, the damage boost is pretty nice to have but the faction crystals degrade over time

Some other changes you can do is replace the web with cap recharger but that means you will have harder time hitting the frigates that get too close
Once you are comfortable with your ship you can also ditch the 800mm plate and add another heatsink instead for faster clears, lowers tank in exchange of course so you gotta be more confident in your game knowledge to pull that off

Yeah I was thinking about a cap recharger

At the moment I'm just tanking most of whatever comes at me, I have a little difficulty with certain enemies but that's just the game

I'm trying to find some of the turrets it recommends so I've been googling for market listings and such cuz my current region had like 2 at 200% the price of what I would expect them to be

This is a lot of ISK to sink, goddamn

The focused anode guns are pretty good
You should be able to get them from Amarr for 500k a piece or something along those lines.
They offer quite a nice bonus for range and damage over the standard T1 variant so well worth the cost (+ you can reuse the medium guns on your Harbinger later)
You could invest into the focused modulated beams but those will come at about 3M a piece (though again an upgrade over the anode version), which might or might not be worth it depending how fast you intend to move to Apocalypse which uses large guns obviously.

The best Amarr T1 mission boat is Tach Abaddon, seriously

>He fits his Abaddon to pretend to be Apocalypse when he could just pick Apocalypse

I think I'm gonna stick to the omen for a couple of weeks while I skill up, familiarize myself with everything again.

I got 1 for 500, the other 4 for 600.

Grabbing the other kit now, or at least as much of it as I can

its a brick but a brick is slow

Amarr should be your location to buy and sell goods if you are in Amarr space, it's the second biggest trading hub behind Jita so most everything can be bought or sold there.

Make sure to buy a set of medium crystals and the tracking scripts as well as drones while you are there.
Multifrequency, standard and microwave are my choice since I don't like to micro too much but you can pick up more than that as well if you like.

I'm trying to find some items it recommends and I can't find them

Like Optical Tracking Computer I, I could only find Compact Optical Tracking Computer, and the Stasis Web, I couldn't find the patterned version.

I'm researching what I need for the Cap Recharger 1 though so maybe I won't fill that slot anyway

The compact is the one you are looking for, I think they renamed the item to that.

Correction the T1 version is just Tracking computer but you want the compact version as it's slightly better
You can always check the variants in the variants tab in the item details to see what other versions of that item exist

apoc lacks deeps which is pretty much the only thing that matters

I was target painted yesterday during a op how can someone avoid that?

Well let's take her for a spin

>plate + rep

Range is DPS when you can just blast them with multifrequency all the time
Tracking is also extremely nice against the frigate swarm
Apoc is faster when slowboating and enters warp faster as well as having way better capacitor.
Higher scan resolution as well for locking up the frigates

Apoc is the ship to go to when missioning as Amarr

You should also ipen up the right side for the stats, namely the capacitor

And as the implier above suggests the 800m plate is redundant once you are comfortable with the ship after which you should switch it for another heatsink.

Yeah I'd rather be overzealous at the moment than learn the hard way

I'll keep that in mind at present

Well I'm a little bit worse for wear but that was fun to see what it was like, and they just threw drone after drone at me

I'm having trouble keeping drones and stuff in my optimal range, I can't hit shit when they throw themselves at me

If that is one of those drone gatherings or something I would avoid them, the payout is trash and you warp in at 0 and the drones just spawn on top of you, extremely annoying to actually clear but pose little threat. The Sansha's sites are much better in my opinion
Burn with the afterburner to get some distance from the center of the area to put distance between you and the likely enemy spawn area (useful to do with all missions and sites in general). If you are too close switch your tracking computer to tracking speed script, otherwise take advantage of your range, switch to longer range ammo as well as range (so long as you are within optimal) makes it easier to hit a target.

I also see a suspicious lack of drone control interface, you want to use your own drones against enemy small targets.

I don't have drones yet, I'm researching it

Drones are incredibly helpful,
You want to skill Drones to 3 asap, 4 quite soon and 5 before or after apoc. Some support skills on them is also nice to have but less important than the main skill, this is because Drones X just allows you to bring extra drone which is fucking massive.
Light drones are the way to go 95% of the time with ships that aren't specialized drone ships.
You will see when it's lvl 2 or even just 1 how big difference they make on killing frigates or enemy drons

Yeah I could have used some

I flew into a hidden bloodraider hideout and got swarmed to shit

I just got out alive, but goddamn if they didn't just keep coming