/crypto/ general

Being helpful to curious no-coiners edition

Turns out my bank account had put a block on my card because Uphold and Coinbase had requested to verify my payment details, and they thought they sounded dodgy. Just had to admit I was buying cryptocurrency to a bemused Scottish lady so that (((they))) would let me spend my own money again. What happened to my fucking anonymity lads? I thought that was the point of crypto? I've never had to submit so many identity documents in my life.

Hearing rumors that all crypto will crash massively by Friday. SELL SELL SELL NOW

USE LOCALBITCOINS YOU FUCKING RETARD

Can anyone explain how bitcoin really works? I know next to nothing about it

Don't they have really shit exchange prices?

Yeah it's expensive as fuck.

Plus most sellers add a 15% "convenience" fee

Fuck that.

I've finally got a payment on Bittylicious to work now, it's not the best rate out there but I've been trying for weeks to make bank transfers from GBP so it'll do, only wanted to buy £150 more anyway, then I'm holding for a few years.

Lads I withdrew some BTC from yobit exchange and it's been 48hours with no confirmations. I can view the transaction in the blockchain but it's just staying unconfirmed. Should i wait it out? Or message yobit support? Kinda need the money desu

what's the best place to buy bitcoin with euros? is it kraken ?

Asking again

I have coins on Coinbase which I used to gamble with before, and apparently they can close your account for that. Could they still close my account randomly? Should I move them to another wallet just to be safe?

Hey guys newfag question, what does "no-coiner" mean?

So this can't keep up forever right? When is this puppy gonna cap? I've heard some rumors about it testing 2K but with summer coming up I'm not so sure. Don't wanna be left with my dick in my hand.

Someone who doesn't own any cryptocurrency (aka someone who doesn't want to be a trillionaire in 10 years)

No-coiner from the US here. What's the best way to buy ETH and GNT?

gemini and bittrex

one question.
what to buy posw - where to do?

next question, what does it mean "stacked coins" ?

Is that Gemini for ETH and Bittrex for GNT, or just that both Gemini and Bittrex are good?

How do I trade crypto?

Ok so I bought $1000 etherium today. But when I downloaded Etherium-Wallet it let me set up a sale and then nothing happened. It just says waiting for payment to go through. It's been a day now. I'm kind of worried that I got scammed out of my money. Left it running today.

use myetherwallet.com you dumb wetback

So in which circumstances we can see a ETH dip?

Whats the best exchange for trading bitcoin with alt coins?

Best multicoin wallet? Browser, hardware, software, etc

>where to buy
Poswallet.com or Yobit

>what is stacking?
It's another word for staking. By holding your pos (proof of stake) coins in their online wallet, you generate (stake) more coins like you would with mining, only it can be done without a rig or even a personal computer.

Should I buy BTC, ETH, or LTC at this very moment?

Exodus IMO

Why leave them there at all if you're unsure? Just put them in a desktop wallet

poswallet.com
Surely you mean staked. Staked coins are the coins you've gained in the process of staking. Staking happens when your coins take part in creating a new block on the blockchain, which grants you some (tiny) coin rewards (1% of your total money per year in POSW's case I think).

I have a pending deposit on yobit.net, I just transferred 0.2 bitcoin from gdax. How long should I expect to wait until I can purchase a memecoin?

Any good YouTube channels to learn more about crypto? I've finally managed to buy some, now it might help if I actually understand what I've bought.

Why are we all caged up like animals in one thread when we have the whole board, sorry I'm just not falling for this one. Veeky Forums IS THE GENERAL

I got fed up with the board being overtaken by slow-moving threads which were 90% crypto, thought it might be nice to have some quicker-moving discussion and also contained in one thread so that Veeky Forums could actually talk about normie investments too.

How much do normie traders/finance people know about cryptocurrency? Is it seems like, if a bunch of NEETs can be profiting from it, so too can serious traders and I'd be very surprised if there weren't people with realtively huge amounts of money already invested who will become incredibly wealthy in the next few years. If I went down to Canary Wharf and started asking people about how much ETH or XRP they have invested, will they know what I'm on about?

Why are there so many different (seemingly, based on Veeky Forums board?) cryptos?
Doesn't the creation of another of the same principle theory, outside of bitcoin original, take the away the usable value from bitcoin, and if any other crypto can just be created, doesn't this lend itself to being like a Ponzi scheme?

shamelessly bumping for an answer here

How do I trade between coins? I just bought some BTC and want to trade it for alts.

deposit it to an exchange (bittrex is good) and start trading

Each crypto has different attributes and made by different dev teams. There will probably be only a few top cryptos in the future but right now everybody is scrambling to put money into whatever the next big thing is

I think that's what Changelly is for and it's been recommended to me for this purpose, although I've not used it yet. If you do manage to use it successfully, let me know how it goes.

Can I please go back in time. Even just to last Christmas. I'd buy $50,000 worth of ETH and sell it today and never come to this god forsaken thai mechanical farm equipment bartering site every again

is ETH just vaporware?
>inb4 autistic slav

>Kraken.com

>Processing fee for paper copies of communications: $60/page

wtf

Former XMR miner here, haven't been into crypto in years and want to get started again. How do?

I've used changelly first. While their fees are good, their exchange rates are the worst. I bought ETH when it was at $22. Changelly set it to $28.

Also, you'll get a call from a guy in Ukraine asking you "security" questions.

Triangle = MOON

what's xby?

No idea when it's gonna cap for good but I do think there will be a pullback/correction very soon. Buy the dip!

Dash will fall

Monero is a confirmed scam

Steem will rocket into the wrong direction

My antidote? Buy Bean

Yes. Yes. Yes.

So is there a time of day these coins are traded at? or is it 24/7?

the network consists of bitcoin nodes. nodes each run exactly the same software and collectively form the bitcoin network. this software tracks and independently verifies transaction validity. the nodes send data, transactions and state updates (in the form of blocks provided by miners who get compensation in return) among them. all open source

same hours the internet is available

Bitpanda for smaller amounts

Buy GNT and do not sell it for 3 years so you can make some serious gainz.You are welcome

Seems like I am late to moon rockets those days.
I am looking for something to invest mid term (till September)
What do?

Kill yourself my man.

Looking for something to hold until December/January any suggestions?

Hey guys i've been in BLOCK for a while and it's been incredibly rewarding so far. For those who are don't know what it is, BLOCK is a true DEX with xBridge technology.

It's currently at it's bottom price right now, have a look for yourself because I don't think it's getting any cheaper that 100k sats.

bitcoin.de for EU fags

Complete no-coiner here.

Can someone explain (or link to) the basics? What parties are involved between my money and me buying/selling coins?

I live in the EU btw

yobit everyone.. next time learn not to listen to Veeky Forums POSW shills and stay the fuck away from there

All btc sellers do a markup, even local.

Is there an official Veeky Forums guide for nocoiners to get into crypto?

Like the kind of thing that Should be on the sticky so I don't have to ask?

Veeky Forums has guides to getting fit
Veeky Forums has guides to purchasing and maintaining cars
Shit even Veeky Forums has guides for dressing like a presentable human being

This board's fucking sticky just shills advertising space how do I into coin

Have you refreshed the block height for btc?

What more do you need to know then buy Bitcoin off Coinbase and transfer it to BTCE if you want other shit coins.

anyone successfully transfered ETH from Kraken to Bittrex?
It warned me to send only small amounts like 0.1 ETH to check if everything's going alright
Sent 0.1 ETH and nothing happened except Kraken's saying "Sent!" and my Bittrex being empty
it's been 24 hours now

i would't get into litecoin for the long term. short term it might be very profitable if you can get it at a nice price.

the reason is the development has been very stale except for segwit and csv getting aproved.
it is basicly a test coin for bitcoin

That's literally all I wanted to know thanks

what do you do when the BTC bubble crashes ?

convert to FIAT or go all in ALTcoin ( ETH/GNT)

You short BTC then put it into alts.

It's time to buy WAVES. It's about to go to a dollar and beyond. Best russian crypto

Curry coin

Stuck in shitcoin LTC until segwit makes it worth selling

>tfw only 50 ETH

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Have cryptos become mainsteam yet? I'm asking because I plan on dumping them as soon as normies get wind of them

Ltc is a shitcoin and will not do anything even when memewit is activated. Memewit is merely usless tinkering to improve the blocksize of BTC and doesnt have any useful benefit in ltc.

Dump your ltc and buy waves. Get on the waves missile its going to hit the moon so hard it will penetrate the lunar surface and end up lodged right in the core.

Not really. That will take several years. People where i work are still asking me how my "britcoins" are doing instead of "bitcoins".

It will take many layers of abstraction before normies will be able to use crypto.

And anyway i don't think the value will fall when it becomes mainstream. If everyones using crypto the value will be much much higher.

Can someone please let me know what is the best wallet? US here. Is it coinbase gemini or Kracken?

>online wallet

uhhhhhhh

you know they get hacked every year?

get a trezor or download electrum and store it yourself

those aren't wallets, those are exchanges

Coin and Krack are wallets though right?

1. Don't over trade. 20 or 30 trades per month is good enough because you don't want to lose money to slippage and commissions. It is the novice traders that over trade.

2. Think above the bad traders (the masses of unskilled traders) . They try to make money, you make your move before they make a move. This is level 2 thinking. It's meta game and you better get good at it.

3. Practice risk management. You need money to be in the game, thus you should never go broke. Never spend more than 2 percent of your bankroll per trade.

4. Accumulate coins like a hooked nose merchant, and then sell when there is a rally. When the price of the coin is going side way, it's time to accumulate.

5. When people are fearful, you should be greedy. This means buying during the dip. Be sure there is sufficient trading volume in the coin. Then sell when it's high. People panic sell because they cannot control their weak penis.

6. Buy the rumor, sell the news. The lazy traders don't know about it until it hits the news, thus you got your bag of over priced coins to sell them.

7. Trading is a skill set that will make you money for life, since you can trade in any market. Thus you should always learn, trade and never give up. Piles of money, hookers and fast cars await those with the discipline and smarts to become an elite trader.

8. Never trust a fucking kike (((jew)))

Lol at these people who think you can make money trading. Markets are efficient, you think you can beat HFTs and algos? You have better odds in Vegas.

How am I doing thus far?

Hey Veeky Forums, first time poster here. I'm a CPA but I have no crypto experience at all.

What have you guys found useful in determining the value of cryptocurrencies at the inception of that currency? Do you have any metrics or heuristics that help determine whether it will stick around or be relegated to the trash heap of Coinye West & Doge? Or is it literally just "lmao buy this currency bro i swer 2 god is gonna moon lmao"?

Serious question.

appreciated

newbie here. I would think its mostly the latter + somewhat of a macro-influence or trust in digital currencies being the future

Crypto money, there is alot of dumb money right now my nigger.

Is algofaggotry a thing in crypto markets as well?

There is API algo but it's not wall street tier.

* The development team. Look them up on LinkedIn if you can
* In the case of Bitcoin, I read through the technical whitepaper. I'm a programmer though, might not be so easy for others.
* Youtube explanations
* The market cap. Of course, the earlier you get in, the more profit you can potentially make, but it's hard for a shitcoin to make it into the billions as Bitcoin and Ethereum have.

Thanks man, helpful stuff.

Any thoughts on the adoption of public blockchains in business in the future? Do you see for example a large company hedging a transaction or entering into futures using the ETH chain?

If this seems unlikely to you, then do you think that the value of cryptos can actually hold long term? A lot of the value of them seems like speculative get-rich-quick shit.

It begins

RLC for guaranteed 200% ROI
XBY if you're a gambling man

I finally stopped being a nocoiner. Did I fuck up or are my investments OK?

Appreciate the advice.

WARNING STUPID NEWFAGS

These faggots are using you to fuel the false economy of these "coins"

>You buy in, you can make 10000%!!

You buy in you buy into a scam
Your only chance to make a profit is to convince even stupider newfags to buy in over you.

KYS FOR THINKING ABOUT THIS !!

Post in all coin threads

tfw 4 billion of your american dollars fell for our fucking trap today

>he doesn't hold BTC

lmao

Get a load of this pin head nocoiner