/2hug/ - Touhou General #94

Previous thread: Marisa makes a good point edition

>So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Where should I start?
The games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there. Some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway.

1: Arkanoid's drunk abusive cousin.
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5, 15.5: Fighting games.

The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist. Once you're done with the main series you can move on to the fangames, of which some are of excellent quality.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/ (For separate game downloading)

nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>Touhou Project Official Material Reading/Playing Guide
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>Game running at 30000FPS? Game screen size not to your liking? Experiencing some input lag? Download Vpatch and apply it.
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Game_Tools_and_Modifications#Vsync_Patches

>eraTohoK (plus other era games)
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou 16 and 15.5 on steam! Please support the official release.
store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/

store.steampowered.com/app/716710/_Antinomy_of_Common_Flowers/

>1cc charts! (Updated for AoCF)
imgur.com/a/Mkl4Q

>PoFV and Soku Netplay Guide! (Needs your help!)
imgur.com/a/ZCGuE

>Fangames pastebin (Contains a fixed version for game breaking bug in FMW2)
pastebin.com/Jc2e0wLm

Scientists baffled by the fact that Touhou is still a video game series.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CwdsdNpVxWs?t=8
touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Alice_Margatroid
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Alice_Margatroid
youtube.com/watch?v=0XGp2fp_it4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Marisa, Reimu, and Reisen are the only 2hus that have ever changed their clothes.

Yuuka, too

>Bune is clean
Good, that means she's not dirty like all the other characters and is prime wife material.

Have you ever dreamt of Gensokyo before, /2hug/?

>that ending to the last thread

Don’t make me reminisce the old days

Alice too if you're counting PC-98.

Ichirin, Byakuren and some 2hus change their outfits on winter in the mangas as well.

Even if you don't count that, you can count when she gets naked in bed with me

Too late for me user, reminiscing for the days gone by and I just read some bad omens. Truly not a good night.

maybe

Someone has to keep the stories of better days alive or /pol/ won't feel guilty for ruining everything.

Odd, because she was in my bed last night.

Meta discussion at the end of threads isnt that uncommon.
I don't remember anything like this from the old days, what do you mean?

And Yukari, Sakuya, Remilia too

I don’t want to beat a dead horse, but fuck /pol/. They really have made the quality of this site fall tremendously with frogposting spam and the awoo crap

Aya, Kosuzu, Mamizou all change clothes in the manga. Plus doesn't Yukari wear blue instead of red in IN?

How the fuck did memedog even become awoo anyways?

I like the old days better. It’s slow but at least it doesn’t have spam blogshits.

The original started off on /f/, then moved to /jp/, then [s4s] used it for awoo~, and I think /pol/ took the little diamond on momijis head and put it as a MAGA hat, and the rest is history. It’s a shame that the .swf won’t even be remembered aside from showing the “wolf girl”.

The days for boards like /k/ and /mu/ and how the site has changed because of /v/ and /pol/ shitting threads and crap

Some dumb meme of Momiji saying "wan wan" spread around the board and then awoo and the flute vid spread as well. Then /pol/ made her their mascot and all went to shit.

When will ZUN add the much needed Undertale references?

Good night 2hug, God bless. I'm looking forward to playing MS with you all tomorrow.

The depressing part is, there are people who think the two are in any way comparable.

didnt he add one

I mean, some think that ran and chen is like frisk and toriel or whatever the goat mothers name is, or how sans and flandre should fight. It’s fucking retarded. I don’t hate undertale as a game, but it’s fanbase is godawful

>Ran and Chen like Goatmom and MC
>Flandre and Sans should fight

I'd be surprised if he's heard of it.
I'm surprised they've heard of them.

Chen isn't the most obscure 2hu, and if you know about chen you're likely to bump into ucurry and ran and we all know flandre was the ultimate in secondary choice for a while.

Touhou and Undertale literally share the same fanbase though, we are the same

>for a while
Flandre is a non-character, she'll always be supreme Secondary Bait

No they don't

>same fanbase

I didnt know everyone was a raging tumblrite who’s also a furry and uses deviantart

please go back

>non-character supreme Secondary Bait
That' momiji

>Touhou and undertale literally share the same fanbase though
youtu.be/CwdsdNpVxWs?t=8

I mean, I played undertale but I haven't really thought about it since.

Who cares what some fags on /pol/ do, Momiji is still cute.

Both momiji and flan are ultimate secondary bait eitherway

if you are about awoo shit, most don't even care who the character is

if anything, ultimate secondary bait is cirno

just because there's overlap doesn't mean we're interchangeable, dumbass.

t. momijiwaifu shitter

This

i don't have waifus

Momijifaggots were already the worst secondary trash before /pol/ though

Haven't touched Undertale, haven't entered Undertale threads, don't care about Undertale's concept, and only see posters like you talking about it like this when comparing something to it.

The only thing that I watched that pertains to undertale was sr pelos underpants videos, which are hilarious

Awoo is going to go up this year. I can feel it in my heart.

Forgot pic

It is the year of the dog, after all.

tsharebluekikerotshill

MOMIJI IS THE BEST WAIFU
FUCK OFF

It's not furry to want to fuck Kagerou, is it?

Momiji is the perfect 2hu for people that say things like waifu

No_

NToJ>MA>DiPP>R53M>CoSD>DBOA>TJA

Don't even bother trying to refute this.

>Mad about facts
We are the same fanbase

/utg/ please go

i will fucking gut you whilst raping your corse you infinite-stage nigger

>getting this mad over poorly constructed Undertale Bait
Come on now, /2hug/. You're better than that.

I know it’s bait, but come on. Nobody would be that stupid, right?

how can other 2hus even compare

>no skirt to look up
What's even the point?

Did anyone notice a crow after defeating Momiji in MoF? Maybe that crow was holding Momiji up in the air during the battle. I think that’s pretty cool.

There's an episode of monogatari that sums this up pretty well if you watch it, but the point boils down to that "We're only similar in that you encompass everything".

The undertale fanbase is stupidly huge and popular to anyone thats played a PC game in the last decade that its impossible for overlap not to exist.

>Alice is a Youkai according to touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Alice_Margatroid

>Alice is a Magician according to en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Alice_Margatroid

I thought Magicians were a separate species from Youkai. Which is it?!

Alice is a Human-turned-Magician.

Magicians come in 3 varieties. Human's using magic, Humans turned into magician youkai, and naturally born youkai magicians.

However, even among youkai they are exceptions for 2 reasons, those being not needing to eat at all, and not needing to inspire fear because magic is a somewhat universal concept.

That's what I thought, which must mean the first wiki is incorrect for Alice. Unless she was a youkai-turned-magician in the PC98 canon given she was from Makai, and a human-turned-magician in post PC98 canon?

Alice is a human in PC-98 canon

So far as canon is concerned, Alice has always been a magician turned youkai, since she swapped somewhere in the events of Mystic square.

Technically though, after the events of MS, she is considered a "Youkai" albeit an exception to the rules.

Contradicting posts but the latter one seems to be more accurate, it sounds pretty far fetched for Alice to survive in Makai as a human. So Alice would've had to be a youkai in MS before becoming a Magician between her first defeat and the extra stage when she uses a grimoire for the first time iirc.

PC-98 is canon except when Windows contradicts it. Alice is a Human turned Yokai because that is what we know in PCB.

Its not contradictory, so much as retroactively expanded upon. And to be fair, alice was in no danger in makai to start with because she was under shinki's wing, so to speak.

Ayaya~

Right, just checked the Marisa/Alice convo in PCB and yeah they joke about her being human there. Not sure why the other wiki's got it wrong.

Or maybe not wrong, just bundling magicians and youkais together as a species.

I'm gonna impregnate Aya!

Because youkai is a catch-all term. Its not technically wrong, its just not specific.

Wake up, /2hug/!coteau oestal

It's too quiet in here, rank the stage themes from your favorite game from best to worst.

Song of the Night Sparrow > Retribution for the Eternal Night > Cinderella Cage > Ghostly Eyes > Voyage 1969 > Hourai Victim > Nostalgic Blood of the East

I like all the stage themes of EoSD tho

Worst doesn't mean you dislike it, it means you like it the least. Surely you like some more than others?

I love everything equally!

Go to sleep, /2hug/

would you ever go to a 2hu concert

i don't even like touhou music, i just like the danmaku

I hide my power level and tend to not like people who don't, but I'd regret it if I missed it.
Why do you lie to us?

Can Miko hear me cumming?

no but really, there's simply no catch for me

Literally every secondary loves the music and can't play the games to save their lives. Literally every primary (except you) loves the music and the games. I don't know what you call the thing past autism, but you're it.

Everyone just call anything with legs secondary these days.

t. secondary

I’d go, but who’s the main DJ?

How do I deal with constantly messing up on Stage 1 or 2? Like slipping up due to losing focus and then restarting because now I won't have enough resources to make it through late game

I refuse to exit stage 1 if it isn't a NMNB

Last Remote>The Dark Blowhole>Walking the Streets of a Former Hell>The Bridge People No Longer Cross>Heartfelt Fancy>Lullaby of a Deserted Hell>Hellfire Mantle
They're all really good though.

youtube.com/watch?v=0XGp2fp_it4

Stage 1 deaths aren't any different from a stage 3 death, user. You just have to make up for that loss by saving lives later on.

Yes. Alongside anybody else in the human village.