www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA
>Comics
wiki.endless-space.com/comics
>Soundtrack
soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
>ES2 prequel
www.games2gether.com/endless-legend/forum/6-game-design/thread/3572-the-last-flight-of-the-gray-owl

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

STALEARIS
>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_hell

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Civ IV XML fix
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

DISTANT WORLDS : UNIVERSE
pastebin.com/hubsc3ZS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bGqlJyVIYD0
youtu.be/GKueSycpV2Y?t=44
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Amazing tits

>no photobomber
I'm a little mad.

There seems like there's something wrong, on a moral level, of completely covering up the beauty that God created, espically the hair.

On a side note, is it worth colonizing large planets with completely un-optimal climate types in Stellaris? For example, if I'm continental planet type, and I colonize a desert or tundra planet type, then that planet is capped at something like 20% happiness; meaning that even if I take happiness civics, and run utopian economics, they'll still only be at 20% happiness.

What's the implication of that? 20% reduction in output? Anything else aside from the decreased population growth rate?

Use robots, slaves, or terraforming to get around that or have a species with the adaptive trait. Don't bother otherwise, it usually isn't worth the hassle.

Would Stellaris be better if you had merchant ships that transported resources from mining stations to your planets? These merchants could be attacked by pirates if the system had high unrest or was a border region and destroy an enemy empire's would let you loot the resources on board.

Why? Just the slow pop growth? A size 15+ planet, even with a -20% malus to resource production from organic pops, seems like it would still produce enough resources to be worth colonizing.

You can usually find one with your climate type so unless it is ridiculously good I pass over it.

So what do you lads think of Rise and Fall so far?

>Inb4 vehement hatred

it's not out so I can't fully judge it but none of what they've shown so far looks like it would be enough to save the game

Don't have Civ 6, what's wrong with it besides the art?

Civ VI lobby open come play. Look for Cute Slut's game.

I absolutely would if it wasn't so late.

Well currently, the only use of space forces is in all out battle. The only successful strategy is in complete concentration of force for the purpose of a decisive battle with the enemy fleet so that one of you can begin seiging worlds in preparation for army landings. Aside from destroying mining stations, fleets have no other purpose, and there's no other strategy you can employ.

There's no trade lanes with other empires, nor can you modify your ship templates to pursue different strategic priorities (because there aren't any). You can't, for example, build a fleet of fast corvettes and destroyers, sacrificing armor, and some weapon slots, for additional speed from engines/reactors. Their purpose being one raiding tradelanes, and general harassment; forgoing decisive battle for a decentralized strategy based on using superior speed to be where the enemy is not, and if being able to concentrate your forces faster than an enemy who focus on firepower/armor over speed.

Trade lanes, and planetary vulnerability to raids (for example, slavers kidnapping pops, or use of a strategic bombardment weapon, to destroy some buildings and leaving before the main fleet can arrive) from ships, would both add more strategic depth to the space combat system- as they both add choices. Without choices, and incentives to go one way or another, you're basically stuck with the simplistic rock,paper, sissor, spork weapon/armor system that Stellaris currently has.

Trade lanes could also add opportunity for smuggling, privateers, and even diplomatic lend-lease operations under diplomacy. It could also add very important strategic reasons to focus on ship designs that are based on fighter capacity, instead of simply more weapons/armor.

Long story short: the only viable combat strategy in Stellaris is concentrating your fleet, and there's no substancial choice to be made regarding ship design regarding strategy; the choices are more for the "tactics", than for the grand strategy your fleet is based on. More economic detail adds more options for grand strategy, which in turn gives more choices for optimization of ship design, and the grand strategy you empire peruses.

Useless

sorry

>Waypoint an explorer ship through a pirate portal
>NAP with pirates expires
>explorer ship is stuck in interstellar travel for 18 turns

Seems like another benefit from the Spiritual path, along with taking the Harmony tradition, would be that you'll get significantly less unrest from colonizes of the "wrong" planet type when you colonize them.

>Stack 5 of these
>100% evasion?

They live!

S
T
AURIGA
N
D
S

God damn do I hope they start putting the other EL "hide in wonder" factions as minor factions.

Pirates in ES2 are a total joke now.

I want to play the Vaulters, find all the lost races of Auriga and have one of each sitting on their old home.

>now
They were always a joke. You JUST realized that?

Mihil

Why even bother with conventional if you're only playing one faction?
All it does is delay the time at which you'll get into fun stuff. And by then you'll have so much money you won't be able to use it all.

Is this a meme or something?

No it's Mihil

Whya re western developers so obsessed with including female muslims? Muslims don't want them,non-sjw are indifferent to them, and SJWs don't play videogames, who are they for?

Is there any comprehensive repository of Endless series art anywhere? Dat shit's pretty af.

Good goy points.

>he can't into Mihil

who said she's muslim

People who don't even care, like me I guess.

>SJWs don't play videogames
That's not the point. Even if they dont play the game, they can see it's progressive. And people rather be dumbly progressive than risking a shitstorm because their game is too white/male. Most devs dont actually give a shit about muslims, but putting one in their game is a small price to pay to avoid being called reactionary by some trans journalist on Kotaku.

You have your facts wrong. Habitability is no longer a happiness cap. It got changed in a recent update to just a negative happiness modifier, therefore it is susceptible to unbounded upwards boosting from living standards plus other shit.

But to answer your specific question: yes, it is always worth colonising even the smallest, least habitable planets. Because the only resource that actually matters is minerals, and more pops on more tiles always means more minerals than if those pops weren't on those tiles. Especially if you use slavery, in which case their unhappiness is irrelevant to their mineral production ability.

>Would Stellaris be better if you had merchant ships that transported resources from mining stations to your planets?
"Woah don't interrupt my 2minerals/month shipment from asteroid TNX-571, pirates, my whole economy depends on it"

They aren't as threatening, so they can use them for the purposes of presenting an amicable face for Islam; a religion that advocates rape, murder and theft for the "crime" of belonging to a religion that advocates peace, loving your neighbor and enjoys the use of statuary to embody divine principles.

>Is there anything more perverse than monsters putting on airs of righteousness as they murder familes, and rape mothers/daughters in sight of family members?

I would if I owned the game.

>SJWs don't play videogames
But they DO take potshots at random "noncompliant" people and organisations just for the fun of it.
So you put Muslim wimmin in your vidya for the same reason you put fire-retardant foam in your wall cavities. It's a safety measure to reduce your corporate risk of being burned alive.
Also, "Muh Diversity" forced vidya studios to hire women even if they didn't want to, and once the women were in it's all "Muh stronk womyn leader" everywhere.

HNNNNNNNNNG

How can Stellaris even compete?

Well outside of moving armies, and preparing planets for armies to land, that space fleets have no purpose in game. Ship design and fleet composition lack strategic depth; this is in part due the the economic system.

It would be neat to say, have a reason to build light ship to hunt privateers/pirates. Or to say, have the ability to devote part of your fleet limit devoted to merchant shipping (or even having a separate merchant marine; or the ability to create hybrid ship classes such as cargoships the size of battleships that could be quickly converted in times of war like in Starwars); with a larger merchant fleet giving a larger bonus to energy/mineral/food income.

This in turn, would give a reason for alien nations to actually get involved in foreign wars; they want to defend their trading partners who provide them with a large bonus income that will disappear if their trade partners were conquered. It would also give nations that are xenophiles a bonus, of a different type, to match the huge benefits that the exterminators/militarists get in battle; one that they're incapable of accessing since they wouldn't be able to trade with xenos.

In short, it would give aliens like the Ferengi, or Trade Federation, distinctive play styles and reasons such as tariffs, and taxes within federations, as additional reasons that civs go to war/get involved in wars that would otherwise not interest them.

I was more confused as why they would alienate the male muslims from their games, in muslims societies women are property and a woman pretty much running a city would be outrageous.
Maybe got this but maybe it has more to do with hijabs being instantly recognizable and them not caring about muslims male gamers.

/civ4xg/? Does anyone else like to play these games like roleplaying ones? Make deep and intetesting factions up?

Wanna share YOUR guys, that custom faction you made and wrote about, and tell me about em. Harmless faction creation or also yourself personified as a civilization??
I wanna see and hear about em all!

Veeky Forums you gotta pick better times to show up dude, it's like 4 in the morning

I know, its 9am here I was hoping by the time work finishes for me there might be something I can read and get inspired about ;_;

It's 11:11am over here but I've got nothing. In Stellaris I made two races from the Animorphs books and the rest just to test out mod civic combos. That lead to a nice setting but it was undeniably shallow.

>pic unrelated
Why do I even keep these guys around

Nice layout which mod is this?

>Scandinavian without imagination
Is the sky blue?

I've had this idea for a spaceborn na'vi civ in stellaris.
Basically it would be centered around terraforming worlds to jungle/continental/gaia to simulate spreading Eywa and not use mines on "Eywa-worlds".
To get minerals they'd have to use slaves/robots on non-Eywa planets and asteroids.
Never bothered to do anything with it since stellaris is boring shit

UI Overhaul 1080p plus
Mett's Expanded Top Bar (forgot to enable it here)
All the Tiny mods

>all those wasted minerals
>absolutely no frontier outposts
>fleet sitting around doing fuck all despite a war
>that research
>not annexing every last empire around you
BUILD SHIT YOU FUCKING FUCK
TROOPS, SHIPS, BUILDINGS, ADDITIONAL COLONIES, OUTPOSTS
AAAAAAAAA

So I finally got around to taking a screencap of my go-to cruiser design in response to Aspie's recent video.

This is the only ship I use in my fleets outside of Crisis battles, and manage to beat fleets 20%+ stronger in fleet power without losing too many ships, and losing none in a equal fleet power fight.
-Putting in battleships(outside of crisis fleets) usually has them focused down first and early
-Frigates are worthless imo
-Corvettes seem to only ever be used as cannon fodder, why make something solely meant to die instead of something that can kill and is far more durable?
-Single plasma cannon for anti armor, railguns for antishield, fighters(and pd) for anti missile/fighters.
-Torpedos have a 20 day cooldown, which if some are focused on the same ship too much it can cause other ships to retain their shields, kinetics have a much faster CD
-His argument on fighters vs bombers is bomber skip shields and armor, but if you skip shields, unless the ship dies with shields down, you're not really bypassing them. Also in this video fighters win against bombers: youtube.com/watch?v=bGqlJyVIYD0

Anyways, I'd like people's opinion here on which is better. I have no idea why he has a flak -and- PD turret instead of one or the other(honestly I feel like PD turrets are all around better too.)

Ah, the bloodthirsty one shows his face.

they're pandering to SJWs, not actual muslims

>I was more confused as why they would alienate the male muslims from their games
Male muslims don't play vidya either.
They're too busy running around in street gangs.

One question, how PD is better than flak?

Bump!

No, but I am working on that last one.

Holy fuck that Vaulters trailer

>1:10 - just as all seems lost, the classic vaulter's theme begins, endless legend version youtu.be/GKueSycpV2Y?t=44

>1:23 - just as Dust begins to flow into the ship and brings life anew to our long standing narrator and his people, the futuristic Endless Space 2 instrumentation kicks in

Hnnngggggg holy fuck Amplitude/FlybyNo stop being so GOOD. Never really been a big fan of Vaulters but that shit was perfectly directed like COME ON SON

It's on Steam, but I recommend GoG, for it tend to works better if it comes from GoG.
It used to be available on abandonware websites, but now I can find it no longer.

Fate will beat SoTL hands down, PDx2 and fighters will shut down torpedos and bombers leaving Aspec NO way to counter shields and since his Bow is 2xS they will start dashing out damage much later than Fate 2xM.

SoTL is only better in case enemy has no PD

I still like my artillery battleships

that's the sole reason i have 300+ hours in stellaris. I have slowly created my own lore universe within the sandbox that is the game. I'll make a new species, based on the ethics shift tendencies they seem to have i'll create another subfaction of them as a seperate race that's prone to either agreeing with or disagreeing with the parent empire if in the same game.

randomly generated empires literally kill the game, and the games are only fun once you have 10-15 specific empires which are designed to conflict or allign with eachother. and some that are a little more flexible and prone to ethics shifts.
also the game seems to really like spawning empires with identical species next to eachother. long as the species is named the same they almost always spawn next to eachother. species tend to not war with eachother so you can have a large pacifist spiritualist god empire with a couple radical crusader satelite empires which generally tend to allign with the parent empire and work together.
it's super autistic and some times i sit there wondering why the fuck im still playing the game pretending i havent done the exact same series of gameplay decisions 500 times. but i keep coming back and enjoying it all over again the second i make a new game or a new "subfaction".
also mods make anything past 20 hours of this game possible, i can't even imagine not having some of the gameplay mods i have

With the cultists slowly converting all other minors to begin their crusade anew.

I wish there were more Civilization posts.

I don't plau Stell, Endless, or whatever, I just want comfy real world nation's stimulating dominating other nations.

ded game dying genre
it's time to go to space

Hold on bro, with the new expansion next month discussion should be revived.
If only so bitter fags complain about every single aspect of the game.

Civ is old and busted and 2k is so lazy/greedy that you'll have to wait at least a couple years for it to be serviceable.

I like the name Fate, it's simple and sounds like something a class of starship would be called.

should I get civ 6?

I've been playing civ 5 for a couple months

from what I read Civ 6 has slightly more options, but terrible graphics, worse AI

CIv 5 is super comfy and honestly I haven't done better than Emperor

>terrible graphics
Different graphics*

>worse AI
Not really, seems about on par.

>should i
Civilization V is better in my opinion, and it is my favorite Civilization game, having played all.
However I don't play anymore, because I've played for thousands of hours, SP and MP, and it got dull and methodical.
I sometimes play Civilization VI now and am excited for the expansion coming, but if you've only played CivV for a few months, stick to it. I feel until you get bored, or until further expansions to CivVI, it is the superior game/

>>terrible graphics
>Different graphics*
mobile graphics

PD does more damage, though less tracking.
What would you consider the best cruiser design?
You can't pop photon torpedos with PD.
artillery battleships are neat to have, I love the sounds of them blasting away and they are amazing against the Scourge, but I rarely see them get much use in battles and sometimes just turn into cannon fodder after they get close.
A fleet of these cruisers are as unstoppable as fate itself.

The name rebellious is another word for Defiant, which is of course the tough little ship in star trek.
I still play civ quite a bit, but only when I'm feeling an itch.

God endless space 2 is so complicated

It's currently on humble bundle monthly so you could potentially get it cheap. It really is not very good though, it was clearly rushed and poorly designed so it hinges on the upcoming expansion to patch out some holes. That's the big problem really, if you get it you'll also have to buy the expansion and probably a bunch of extra nations for a game that ain't really that hot.

>i can't even imagine not having some of the gameplay mods i have
List?

Since 5 is you favourite, why do you prefer it over 4? I've played 4 for a long time (tried 5 when it came out) and recently got 5 to play it with friends but I still didn't like it. Does it take mods to make it more enjoyable?

5 is so limiting. I don't like that I cannot change the capital and that you are so restricted in growth early on. I also liked the tile improvements better in 4 which allowed to make more balanced cities, the improvements in 5 feel a bit dumbed down.

Is this your first 4X, son?

Its cartoony, but "mobile"? The fuck does that mean? Zoom in on some wonder, the water reflections, the animation frames, etc. Its still high fidelity AAA visuals, just a different style.
I dislike it too, but I am not retarded enough to call a difference in style ugly, bad, low fidelity, whatever. Its not ugly, its different. It looks how it does by design, not due to incompetence.

>Since 5 is you favourite, why do you prefer it over 4?
The stack system made it so you can't really use the map in combat. You can't block or choke properly, you can't divide your force, flank, etc.
Of course you can sort of imitate such actions, but when each unit takes up space on the board it is much more satisfying.
So basically unit blocking is a main reason why. Also the UI and presentation in Civ5 is the strongest in the series. I agree that Civ4 had a lot of more small things that I loved, 5 is more cleaned up and streamlined. And I can't comprehend how Civ5 after all the patches and DLC still won't let your builders construct a canal to connect two sea tiles.

>ts cartoony, but "mobile"? The fuck does that mean?
It means it looks exactly like Clash of Clans you sperg

They literally had it ported to the iPad.

The style maybe, not the frame rate, reflections, fidelity, etc etc. You are talking about thinks you don't understand.
Even see the differences between its mobile version and the PC one maxed, if it was "mobile graphics" they wouldn't need to change them for mobile.

Civ5 is also ported to touch screens.

but we aren't talking about technical shit you mong, Civ VI looks like it was made for Clash of Clans or other mindless clickers with screaming guy as an icon audience

>i am talking about style, thats why i say "graphics" all the time :D

Fuck off, retard.

Okay I get what your saying about the stacks. But you still had to use the terrain in 4 if you moved your stack through enemy lands for the defensive bonusses. I'm quite indifferent to the combat of 4 vs 5 but for naval battles it definitely is better unstacked.

someone explain Horatio to me.
so its just an rich, narcissistic dude who decided he would attempt to conquer the universe?

A genemodded supergenius trillionaire who found ancient and perfect cloning tech, yes.

I too prefer my games about conquering the world having pixar-tier characters

>You can't pop photon torpedos with PD.
Yeah I always forget that photon torpedos are not actual torpedos.
I still think Fate is better especially because of this point
>-Torpedos have a 20 day cooldown, which if some are focused on the same ship too much it can cause other ships to retain their shields, kinetics have a much faster CD

I wonder if transport ships/corvettes can be used to bait first hail of the torpedos

But we need in-game testing to decide what goes better and against what

The next Stellaris update is imposing fleet size limits to prevent doomstacks, right? Is there anything preventing you from just stacking fleets?

Yes.
Ahaha, no.

I think you get fucked by two things.
The enemy will get a buff for being outnumbered because that how real life works.
And two, there's combat width in space now because of course there is.

>Is there anything preventing you from just stacking fleets?
No, but we have no idea still how they reworked ships running away from battle and target rich environment. Also new war system makes it more like Viki2 so if you attack with one fleet while enemy raids your home with three fleets they will give you huge war attrition impact

>there's combat width in space now
No such thing, only combat width on planets so you can't just dump 100 slave armies and call it a day, actually you still can but you will lose 5-10 of them