Mec Trooper Punch! edition

News:
1)LW2 will NOT be ported to WotC by Pavonis
>pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26982

2)EXPANSION is out NOW
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>youtube.com/watch?v=n3bENBYSucQ
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj

3)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point News (New Update: 8/30/2017)
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2017/8/29/geoscape-ballistics-and-more
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>youtube.com/watch?v=iuN9g502cYM

4)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

The /xgc/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xgc/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xgc/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated long before WOTC (Out of Date)
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xgc/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

>The X-COM Files for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4595.0

/xgc/ neither condemns nor condones that which is lewd
>pastebin.com/DwwGRCUH

Just for the sake of being searchable
>/xcg/

(Reposting from end of last thread)

Finally got round to playing WotC, going to start dumping my favourite posters if that's fine.

I'm a savescumming pussy who protects his favourites, so I've only had a couple deaths. This was the first of them, though.

Is this what max graphics settings look like? I suddenly regret making all my posters on shitty settings.

This was my second death. His nickname, as it happened, was "Cuck". I was defending the avenger after it got shot down - I'd disabled the beacon and now I had everyone on the ramp, in cover, ready to go in a turn. Then a priest mind controlled Cuck here, and my own soldier (named after myself), who I think had a fear of psionics, went berserk. First, he shot Cuck, critting and instantly killing him. Then he fired two shots at the alien that mind controlled him, killing it. If he'd just done it in the opposite order Cuck would have been fine, but nope lmao. Anyway I wasn't too attached to Cuck so I let him stay dead and memorialised him with this.

Here's the bondmate poster between Donald J. "Unstumpable" Trump and a friend of mine.

I thought these qt3.14 bondmates deserved a nice poster

I found myself with an all-female squad one mission, so I made this poster to celebrate.

Join up today!

Another bondmate poster

I think it's important to have an optimistic message, y'know?

Novgorod doesn't seem to have changed much. That's me on the right, oblivious to my surroundings, by the way.

Very fond of this one, and it's an important reminder that ADVENT have genuinely made some things better.

Nice posters

thanks, any favourites?

Liked how the guy was just chilling when the rest battle ready on Also liked how the girls lined up with the text box on

Kek I have a Donald Trump soldier too

Dude what the fuck is wrong with you? Even if you're guy and into big guys those nipples are just scary.

>scary
Strange way to spell delicious.

>Fixed pastebin link
Good work OP

Nice. I just remade my insanely lethal (seriously, look at that kill to mission ratio) sharpshooter to be Nigel Farage. Now are nige can go to decaying urban centres and massacre subhumans, like he always dreamed.

>Soldier Bond
>Theresa May

NIGE WHAT THE FUCK?

boo

Pistols are Useful.

I always liked this akward thumbs up

nvm thats a fist

He can be a good influence on Theresa "MUMMY" May, the psi operative

>Just for the sake of being searchable
>>/xcg/

You mean in the catalog?

yeah

But the Maybot should be a shitty spark.

>it's been 2 years and i still don't know the answer
help me out guys, thinman and viper are the same person, so if i fuck a thinman it's gay or bestiality?

Both, in addition to being a traitor to your own people.

they got me on the "Join Us, we have snek waifus"

Nah, having Mummy May shouting "I'M IN YOUR HEAD" in her posh accent is great

But nobody searches for xcg/ anymore.

stop that

thinmen are reverse traps

Fact check: FALSE

There are any others games with psionic elements?
i really like psionic things.

Underrail has psionics. Warhammer has psykers.

Psy is good Stuff.

Hopefully Xenonauts 2 and PP will have them as well.

Let's start up Legend! It can't be that bad
>time to build infirmary: 40+ days
what am I in for?

40 day wound timers. You will probably lose unless you have some xcom credentials I'm not aware of.

get skirmisher base ASAP for that sweet 2x build speed my negro

>Starting with infirmary instead of ring

You already fucked up.

ha ha, just kidding! I mean, who goes for infirmary first anyway, am I right?

The only games really built around psionics that I know of are Psi-Ops (which is great) and Second Sight (which is decent) but they're both third-person stealth-actions and are kinda aged at this point (ps2 generation). Still would recommend, psi ops also had great physics which I believe is still decent by modern standards.
Psionics present in strategies are usually kinda like an afterthought, aren't really fleshed out and mostly just magic under different name, anyway they're present in almost any modern/future fiction that's not hard sci fi so just pick anything with that type of setting and chances are that psi is there.

Any star wars game.

Starcraft?

pistols will be useful

>that grip angle on 2,5,6&9
ouch

So, i just beat the Assasin, she didnt have any fancy armor or upgrades i could see but she was half bar away from full XCOM knowledge.

Her operation was Intense training, does that mean she would be ripped the moment she finishes her training?

Also i need to ask, i only have met the Hunter and the Assassin so far and i am pretty damn sure that the Warlock is dicking around in either Russia or Europe. So what happens if i kill the hunter and never meet the Warlock? Or what the fuck is the Warlock doing?

Is he still doing shit against XCOM even if i havent met him yet? Will he be ripped if i meet him at end game?

>Her operation was Intense training, does that mean she would be ripped the moment she finishes her training?
Yeah she upgrades a tier, which mean more health and abilities

> So what happens if i kill the hunter and never meet the Warlock? Or what the fuck is the Warlock doing?
He will be full tier strength when you meet him, but he won't do any anti xcom activity until then.

>He will be full tier strength when you meet him, but he won't do any anti xcom activity until then.

Oh fug, guess i wont expand to Europe until i have all plasma weapons and armor, but the Hunter must go down, that fucker wants to take down the avenger or something.

how does difficulty work in xcom 2? does it actually make the AI smarter or does it just give them a bunch of bullshit cheats?

As you increase difficulty, the game gives you less cheats, the enemy gets better stats and there are more of them.

The game actually cheats in your favor in lower difficulties, in higher difficulties that goes away(which means the AI will miss less), the enemies have more health, there is more of them, and there isn't a limit on how many ayys can attack you(in lower difficulties even if you have 50 ayys activated, only 5 or so will actually try to kill you).

You get aim bonuses after failed shots that are above a certain threshold on any difficulty but Legandary. On difficulties lower than Legendary there's a maximum number of engaged enemies, other enemies will overwatch, move, and take other actions. Things cost more, take longer to build research, and have better stats.

It takes your cheats away which are hidden bonuses to aim mostly. It also increases enemy crit chance to numbers above 0% (so they can crit like you now). It lowers your dudes hp a bit and increases enemy hp/armor/damage (not THAT much but noticeable), they usually come in greater numbers too, and have better aim, which coupled with crit means you now have to think about not being flanked or you risk being oneshotted.
Higher difficulty means much harder early game and not so disgustingly easy late game. Enemies come in greater numbers, higher tiers appear faster (except legend where the whole game is slower), things cost more. Utility like mimic beacon and flashbangs become your bread and butter (you can pretty much ignore those on lower difficulties), pulling more than 1 pod is almost a death sentence now so scouting is more important too.

>8 day scan for engineer
>scan for 6 days
>covert ops mission
>scan site disappears afterwards
when will Jake be held to answer for his crimes?

If you hover over the site it will tell you when it expires.

Looking forward to this.

Does Marathon make the game easier or harder?

I'm not sure desu

depends how good you are at the game

Elaborate

You have more time to grow stronger but more time to recover

>playing with advent future ai pack
>stun lancers never ever use their lance and just shoot
>also have a flashbang for no reason

What is up with meme modders wanting to turn lancers into troopers with slightly higher health?

So I made shadow chamber and did codex brain and blacksite vial researchers, how much plot missions is there left till the end? I'm already with plasma, contacted most regions etc. and game became too easy and kinda boring, damn commander took me a couple campaigns but now I get it.

2-3 more

What about Republic Commando?

>tired 8 days
>tired 6 days
>tired 9 days
is there a fucking happy bed upgrade how do I fix this I can't do any story missions because my reaper and templar are constantly tired

>priest uses holy warrior on andromedon

describe your last mission with a pic
non-ironman fags need not reply

Let them get injured a little bit. All will is regained when a soldier recovers from an injury so if you can manage to get them lightly wounded it's better than fatigue.

>very late into the game, almost all soldiers are colonels
>the Guerrila Op that counters retaliation strikes can only be done with Seg- soldiers
fuck me

Will stimulants help alot
There is also an Infirmary upgrade that lets you use tired/injured soldiers on combat but only once

What's the best AI mod for wotc?

stick a mindsheild on em. they will still be tired as fuck but it cancels out all the negative effects

As far as I know there's only two options for complete overhauls, A Better AI and Blessing of the Elders/ADVENT future.

Wasn't impressed with ABA when I played with it in vanilla. On the other hand, it's actually a pure AI fix unlike the other pair of mods which change 5,000 different things with the enemies and their abilities.

What thing must I do to unlock the recruit hero covert op? My first templar lacks bladestorm and I need this.

In vanilla, you only get one of each hero class at a time except for the faction you start with, which you can get two of.

If you want to recruit limitless hero classes, you're gonna need a mod.

So in vanilla? Go get your current Templar killed.

You know you can just dismiss soldiers, right?

fucc
well I wasn't planning on bringing her on the last mission anyway so I guess it doesn't matter
bullshit that my reaper and skirmisher both got 4 xcom bonus abilities and the templar only got 2

But where is the narrative fun in that, user? Send their templar into overwhelming odds, have them die heroically.

>black site mission
>hunter appears!
>autismo sniper hangs just sits in the back because he cannot into los
relief, but also disappointment

Playing LW2 with a mod collection.

What fucking mod makes it so I go into concealment every turn?

Even if I'm engaged with enemies I go into concealment, only being revealed if any of my operatives aren't in cover. Really makes other stealth stuff pointless, so I got to remove it.

It was Squad Conceal, nvm.

What do skirmishers do when they arent killing ADVENT?

Preparing to kill ADVENT. They seem pretty boring and single-minded. The way their leader speaks too, letting her emotions go unchecked they seem outright obsessed.

>early game LW2
>can't hit shit at range
>go with melee instead
>every melee charge triggers additional pods

>start with a gifted templar with bladestorm ar Cpl.

Oh baby

>/xgc/
God damnit