/scg/edg/ Star Citizen Elite Dangerous General #254

Star Citizen Information:

Alpha 3.0 PTU is released for all backers. You must download the new patcher from the RSI website.
install.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/RSI-Setup-1.0.0.exe

>Comprehensive look at the current state of Star Citizen
youtube.com/watch?v=IbhBNWU0Rxw

>Squadron 42 Vertical Slice
youtube.com/watch?v=qcHAfaQh3QE

>Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>FAQs
pastebin.com/aQPMdGhi

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC to become playable.

Elite Dangerous v2.4 is online with improvements to base game and dlc content.
Frontier announced a new expansion called "Beyond" and will offer it for free to everyone who bought horizon.
Season three will focus on refining core gameplay and introducing new content.

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-cGgp1CK5nc
youtube.com/watch?v=5uKD1ap5hsI
docdroid.net/v7yQ0LL/response-skadden-011918.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=8S01H7NIAd4
youtube.com/watch?v=DHoiLclXI2M
web.archive.org/web/20170415041539/https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

HELLO!!!!

for once new thread before old one achives
gj user

The first Beyond beta starts the 25th. Let's all buy chieftains and have a battle royale in Alioth.

Chieftan looks like a Star Citizen ship with it's engine pods.

how long until "buy horizons and get beyond for free" expires?
I might pesuade friend to buy elite

yeah looks like "inspiration"

Wait, the front swivel mounted thrusters turn to point at the rear swivel mounted thrusters? Why do they swivel?

Fidelity. Seems like they changed it though. That setup is still kinda shit, but at least it's not as shit.

1000 2202 3745
5568 3242 8836
4287 2010 1488

(hello in Thargoid)

I have yet to encounter thargoind, so
1000 2202 3745
5568 3242 8836
4287 2010 1488
or.... rape :p

rape is a good way to start a conversation :3

they can be kawai or tsundere

youtube.com/watch?v=-cGgp1CK5nc

fuck no. cqc is already cancerous enough. the whole idea is that the game should be dynamic enough so that sort of encounters don't have to be scripted.

youtube.com/watch?v=5uKD1ap5hsI

I don't think it does. It sounds like they're abandoning the paid expansion model and finding other ways to monetize the game (besides the cosmetics store).

What fighter should I go for? Condor, Imperial or Taipan? Any recommended variants?

I agree ;D
"i shall call you james" lol

Conda = Taipan
Vette = Condor
Cutter = Imperial

fixed beams are the best, but plasma is most asthetic

imperial I think

vroom

2nd time... fetish maybe?

>take f1 car
>remove wheels and smoothen
>????
>PROFIT

Problem is, all random encounters take place in empty space. It is not fun to fight in empty space - no geometry to maneuver around. Best thing in Elite right now - fighting in asteroid fields, but it is still not very different from empty space.

Can't fight in atmo?

>ED
>take a basic 3d shape like a square or triangle
>smoothen
>add thrusters and guns
elite dysfunction btfo

You do realize how open and empty the space is ?

I wasnt defending shitty and boring ed ship design you mongoloid cultist
I was saying it is boring and lazy design compared to other sc ships

It's a single-seat racer meant to compete with an M50, what do you want?

Are you going to go cry on the forum until they add a corridor and a bed?

>elite ship designs
>shitty

lmao I never even played sc
why are you so mad?
do you regret spending money on some vidya penis compensator :^) ?

>E:D designs
>box
>wedge
>wings optional

well they're utilitarian, lack pointless features for most part and make sense as space ships but they look so fucking boring and ugly (most of them at least)

Fixed beam Imperial fighter or Fixed Multicannon Condor imo
Taipan a shit

more like penes he'll never taste XD

your face is boring and ugly (most of it at least)

>pilots seat is offset of the ships centerline

not the same user, but I couldn't care less about the ships, except the different outfittings... I prefer they focused on planets and asteroids, there should be some option to land on asteroids or attach a ship on it

I dont have problem with ed ships either (because if we will ever build legir spaceships they will most likely look boring/ugly) was just pointing that out

you could attach a mining device to an asteroid in frontier

>aproach planet too fast and drop out of cruise ~100 km from target
>set course and alt-tab
>get distracted and forget
>hear crash, tab in and see 12% hull

how about just learn to fly?

it's easy to loose focus after whole day of mindnumbing smeaton farm

>flying 325a around
>going to whichever planet is farthest (can't remember name right now
>suddenly drop out of quantum
>aurora, caterpillar and constellation here
>think it's people fighting
>they turn on me
>ded
I really need to stop going it alone

>>aurora, caterpillar and constellation here
>>think it's people fighting
You got interdicted brah.

But how did you die? None of those folks should be able to get through your shields unless you were stationary.

docdroid.net/v7yQ0LL/response-skadden-011918.pdf

I am not a good pilot. Also, the Connie was fully crewed as far as I could tell.

>be ED noob
>try making my fortunes with the daily grind of data deliveries and cargo runs
>bored as fuck and getting nowhere fast
>/edg/ tells me to man the fuck up and try bounty hunting in RES
>give it a try
>make 4 mil in an hour
>mfw
god bless you /edg/

Why is people so disappointed with alpha 3.0? They promised to deliver all the core engines for the game mechanics, and they delivered, now they have to actually build the game on top of those tools while they refine and improve them.

Which is why this is still an alpha, not a beta or a pre-release.

Anyone who was expectin anything else than another glorified tech demo is a retard.

just like the millenium falcon!

coming for you now chris. you can't wriggle your way out of this one.

>and they delivered

This is the kind of lawsuit filing whereby if RSI/CIG were a publicly traded company, their stock would be cratering right about now. So admit defeat chris, just hand over the money. Line of Defense will be the BDSSE. I said Star Citizen could not be made and I was right.

yes, they didn't deliver content to actually use those mechanics, but they are there.

I am very sad to be informed of this kind of misconduct from Chris Roberts and Cloud Imperium Games. I thought I knew him better than that, but I was wrong. I had great hopes for Star Citizen. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little relieved at this filing. They were our biggest competitor after all.

youtube.com/watch?v=8S01H7NIAd4

I hereby officially resign from being community manager at CIG. Chris Roberts was my idol since I was a kid. But I realize now that he is personally responsible for my cardiovascular condition and diabetes. I can't believe how blind I was. I also realized that Sandi was actually trying to assassinate me with that cake in the hospital. It seemed like a nice gesture at the time, and it was a good cake, but after talking it over with some other ex-CIG employees I can now see it for the heinous act that it was.

Frontier was truly ahead of its time...

How lucrative is smuggling in ED? The passenger grind is narcotic.

It's horrific and I just don't see how RSI/CIG are going to ever hope to recover from this.
As has been reported, it's absolutely catastrophic for RSI/CIG. I am going over it now and will post my comments shortly. At a glance my first reaction is...

youtube.com/watch?v=DHoiLclXI2M
Lawyer man is back.

idk smuggling, but each Thargoid probe or scanner is around 400k (it is black market material, which is pretty strange), if you collect 10 it is 4mil for example, the only thing is to steal fast from the Thargs or do 1T per time you get out of the station you are selling

also it is good to have a decontamination limpet in case you choose to collect a lot

what?

i'm interested to see how much of the filing he has to skip to make this look good for star citizen

he's like the iraqi minister of law

Honestly my biggest complaint is the retarded numbers they've got plugged in for thruster values, and the speed restrictions.

For me the most annoying thing is the restriction on the quantum jump, it was cool to be able to go wherever you liked.

>No scanning
>No mining
>No manual repair
>No purchasing ships
>No dynamic economy
>No data running
>No jump point mapping
>No outpost building
>No frames

>they delivered

>is sq42 separate, idk
yeah, citizen pretending to not know they are selling both separately now

How many of these things were actually supposed to be in 3.0? The big thing was planets. They have a "dynamic economy" and outposts. Jump points definitely weren't going to be in.

>man, I wish there was something to do in this game
>JUST WAIT! 3.0 IS ADDING PLANETS!
>will there be anything to do on them?
>NO!

all of them, including jump points. i'm not going to comb through a hundred bullshit videos where CIG promises it all just because you're pretending you never watched them

most of it was supposed to be in 2.0
the game was supposed to be finished in 2016

The 4 size 5s on a Connie will one volley a 325a’s shields and cripple something on the next shot

Still sounds like he alt tabbed

>will there be anything to do on them
There's outposts, including hidden ones, one the planets.

wandering around empty buildings is my favorite thing to do in the 'verse

What else would you like? You can find outposts that sell things. What exactly were you expecting?

I haven't played elite dangerous in ages, is it worth playing it again

a game

But it's not a game, it's an alpha. They said they'd have planets and shipping in 3.0, and they do. There are major ports, known outposts, and unknown outposts populating planets and their orbits. The planets are populated with what's in the game so far.

well i'm glad you're so easy to please, commando. why don't you go buy some more jpegs

web.archive.org/web/20170415041539/https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

I was actually curious so I went and checked to see what was actually planned for 3.0. The only thing they really dropped the ball on is the server performance is still garbage.

>game won't be ready for a while, but next patch will have x
>next patch has x
>HURR Y U NO GIB GAME

>2017
fuck off dad

What the fuck are you even talking about?

3.0 was promised with and by 2016

When CIG blew that by a light year, they came back with You don't get to change your goal posts and then claim success

>bullshit

>2016

that's the apology presentation and the new goal posts after they fucked up the original deadline

fuck you

>the original deadline
[citation needed]

What's the tl;dw?

>tfw the connie is a Macross tier missile spam boat

hes a heavy boy and VTOL used to be a relevant design design factor before they removed it with cutlass 2.0 and just said "fuck it my aux thrusters can lift my shift vertically 30KM into the atmosphere"

it's amazing how cult brainwashing can cause you to reverse facts to suit your worldview

>0.01 smart has been deposited into your steam wallet

it's almost like theres preconceived notions of what makes a racecar a racecar, and they were trying to emulate it for maximum consumer attractiveness and glance-factor. what did they mean by that?

-20 smart has been deducted from your IQ

I hope they change that but I do like seeing the VTOL stuff on the connie actually doing it’s just job in atmo