/mhg/ - Monster Hunter!

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, with a fall 2018 PC release.
↳Third PS4 beta with a bonus Nergigante quest is underway until the 22nd. Get hunting!
↳A Limited Edition Rathalos PS4Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Elder Dragons + Deviljho: youtube.com/watch?v=lmwxyM3sPwc
↳Full 2018 Winter Event Livestream: youtube.com/watch?v=FuxxrCmLi58
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Moveset Changes: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FRjZ8XtShiA
youtu.be/v2dfYEHWQIQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How do you deal with the finnicky hitboxes on Nerg's tackles? I just stay away from him when he does it but that eats into the time

How do I into funlance?

youtube.com/watch?v=FRjZ8XtShiA

lmao

i lost all my fights against nergigante because people are carting, it's frustrating

Is there like a shortcut or other ways to start the running charge/sprint on Lance? I don't like having to hold guard than press triangle+circle same time

I remember in another mh game you could just press a button like select/start and it started the charge?

Man, I absolutely love the Charge Blade conceptually, but trying to use it is fucking suffering. I keep get knocked out of Elemental Roundslash and Condensed Elemental Slash so much that I'm taking way longer to kill monsters than the other weapons I like, and I keep getting caught being unable to guard from neutral sheathed.

Anyone have a flowchart or something they can recommend for max DPS and least standing-around-charging-shit-while-having-zero-flinch-resistance time?

Shit's killing my soul

Solo it.

"The insatiable Nergigante"

nvm fixed it
youtu.be/v2dfYEHWQIQ

Someone teach me how to play CB. There's too many options and I don't know the optimal way to use it.

Is it better to use sword mode or do I just spam SAED's?

I'm gonna tell you the same thing I say about every speed runner. First time is impressive, after a while it just becomes autism.

Is anyone actually planning on getting World for Xbone? Or will I be on my own?

>Still can't solo Nerg
Please fucking end me.

7y2pNs7zNeJY
nergigante 3 spots, let's kill this motherfucker

It doesn't matter. Beat it once for the pack even if its multiplayer. Beyond that,if you wanna solo it for fun then good luck but its not the end of the world if you don't.

That's gimmicky as shit, but I love it.

>someone is skilled at literally anything
>autismautismautismautism

You new? If so, practice, shit takes time. If not, sudoku.

Here's your flowchart:

Charged A until all vials full
Load vials (R2+Circle)
Attack > Triangle+Circle + Triangle + Circle
Repeat

(Don't forget to cancel your first elemental discharge into axe shield power up with R2 though)

Really that's all you need to know for Charge Blade in MHW, spam SAED. Done.

Do you guys use the far camera or default?

How do I into funlance? Also is there a way to just center the camera on the monster but not lock on? Similar to the 3ds games.

far. always
and i think i can speak for everyone who knows this option exists

>being so autistic to perfect the beta with cheese strats

this is the same reason people laugh at competitive smash players

Nergigante is literally RNG. If he continues and uses his double stagger attack you're looking at a stun and 100 > 0. If he simply does the swipe you can stay on his white spikes for a 1/3 of the fight.

so good

Yes, by changing it in the options from Focus to Target, which turns it into exactly how it worked in the past. Try opening your eyes next time.

Fuck me that was close

>Big Cat Logan
i love the way he sneaks up to nergi

slam

boom

sweep

stake

Pretend that there's no CB in mhw, they literally killed everything enoyable about the weapon

That's almost impressive

Lel

there's no "using a mode" with CB, you're forced to use the full thing.

SAED spam is the key

Wrong

Overhead > Slam > Full Burst > Quick Reload and Swipe > Overhead > Slam and so on

Only ever use Wyrmstake if you know you're gonna have to stop attacking after.

Slightly related webm

It just doesn't fucking work, man. I get fucking knocked down just to get up and get knocked down again, and again, and again, and by the time I get to hit anything all my charge is gone and I have to fill vials again.

Thanks anyway.

1 spot left

Whoever designed the camera work on nergigante needs to be fired

>R2
Triggers my grandpa

Oops, i meant

Triangle+Circle > Triangle+Circle

(Triangle+Circle also means hit them at the same time.)

Your goal is to do the weird shield jab that causes rounds to fly out, then do another Triangle+Circle to go into SAED straight from Sword Mode. Doesn't take that much time desu. More lenient than other charge attacks

change your camera settings. the only place where the camera is kind of an issue is the small corridor after the marsh

I don't get it.

Nah, I know, but this shit sucks. It's too goddamn slow and has no flinch protection anywhere. Garbage.

Is there any cheaper place in US to get the MH:W ps4pro bundle than like the gamestop website for $450? Just want to make sure before I buy one

>The point.
>w
>e
>w
>
>l
>a
>d
>Your head.

There's not much you can do Nergigante once he's mostly covered in black spikes is there

hit him in the dick from below

I dread the day I woud see that name atop of our assignment dossier, but there it is.

>gunning

if you walk under the boss and he does an attack it's always an issue, if you get hit by one of his hitboxes under that attack your camera is going to be all over place inside hsi body

Neat.
First and second beta I just did the missions. After getting Nerg this time around I decided to just fuck around in the maps, got a bit of pukei action. I hope they vary him up a bit in the final version, he didn't use his poison attacks against me once.

Dude, CB is an easy mode weapon. Just because you're stupid and perform the combo no matter how big the opening trying to brute force it doesn't make it garbage. If it was any easier to do well with CB it would be a complete joke weapon.

I KEEP MISSING FORESIGHT SLASH AAAAAAAAAAAA

in 1 and Dos special actions were on R1 and sheathe and run on R2

Pukei Pukei is fucking pathetic in the beta. It really has me worried for the other monsters. He barely uses ANY of his signature moves and just does slow tail slaps and other trivial shit most of the time.
Doesn't help that the build of his skeleton makes it so that often when he tries to tail slap you he will actually help you move out of the way by pushing you in a half circle with his head.

so how do you evade when he hits you for 50% then does the roaring attack and directly hits you afterwards for another 50%?

Can I pet the Pukei?

Any SnS Nergigante speedruns yet?

>knocked nerg out of the sky during his aerial dive with gs shoulder charge

muh

The fact he doesn't use his moves seems to be a common complaint, it feels like one of those things that'll probably get fixed in the final version. All the "extra" monsters in the beta feel like they're just there just to complete the ecoysystem rather than to be challenged.

you don't

>it feels like one of those things that'll probably get fixed in the final version.

We're sadly talking about Capcom though...

How can he be both so cute and so terrifying.
I absolutely love /ournigga/.

How come SA's discharge hits like a billion times but uses barely any sharpness?

I finally did it boys.
I solo killed giganigga in 14:47 with the lbg
13 hours of work, I hope the item pack has something nice in it.

So what's the deal with El Gigante horns?
Will they grow full black in the final game?

why are elder dragons so fucking SEXY

Can't play the beta, it sucks.
How is Nerg?

Noone, sns cant manage to solo him with the lower time limit

is there any reward for the nergigante quest like the others?

>Trying to solo Nergi with LS.
>Can’t keep my spirit gauge leveled.
>simply can’t do enough damage.
I really don’t know what to do here.

fun and tough

Best fight ever made.

>kill niggergante in 9 minutes
>let's go another try
>side swipe
>side swipe
>charge
>flies away for the big slam dunk
>side swipe
>charge
>charge
that rng

yeah nergger gem in full game

Dis man right here is getting it. You won’t be alone.

Nah, we're talking about Monster Hunter.

one tough motherfucker, but it feels food finally killing him

If you could dodge his die move then I'd say it would be fun. But losing half a minute every time he slams me isn't fun

So really, what's the deal with gems? Why is everyone spazing over getting them from nerg?

you mean the dive thing ?

>elder dragons
Your answer is found in your question.

You'll learn soon once you start upgrading your Nergigante weapon

Because you don't keep them

>Dude, CB is an easy mode weapon
Bull fucking shit. Longsword and SwitchAxe, at the least, are both better and more intuitive.

>You'll learn soon once you start upgrading your Nergigante weapon
Legiana shit uses nergigante weapons?

oh nooooo, CB is SO hard to learn

>LR
>gem
????

Any room?

Ctrl+F Gem

beta nergigante is high rank

Okay, I've heard that my lovely SnS was fucked hard in MHW, how true is it?
Waiting for pc release but i just want to prepare myself mentally
Although if it's really bad I might try out some other weapons, SA and lances interested me a bit

Which weapons are ezpz and which ones require an actual brain to use?

CB is by far the best weapon in these demos, user. You may be too shit/new to use it well but all you need to do is spam SAED at every given opportunity and you will get faster reliable kill times than everything else.

Wifebeater and Netherlandertal have videos on all the weapons.

In the beta they seems to get hard like the spikes, but really slowly

CB is literally a brainlet weapon dude
even GS is harder to use

Figures it out yourself, soulsfag