/indie/ - Indie and Misc. Games General

Previously: >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as Hollow Knight, RUINER, Cuphead, Heat Signature, Steamworld Dig 2, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Rain World, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.
A Hat In Time has its own general for the time being.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/621220/Nantucket/
youtube.com/watch?v=D3V0aw-ljEg&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I hate you.

We all float down here, Georgie.

Go fuck yourself.

This behavior is unbecoming of a gentleman

Haven't played mobile games since 2016
Is aptoide still safe?

Only Google Play is safe. Everyone else is suspect for injecting shit into games ripped from Google Play.

(And even Google Play isn't guaranteed, if you're installing random shitgames)

Horrifying.

>Why aren't we talking about this?
A lot of /indie/ is burned out of shallow roguelites that offer little except some RNG.

Hylics 2 soon!

A Hat in Time has not had its own general for several days now. That's why they came here.

fuckk
didn't aptoide use to be safe though?
how did we go from those days to "everything is suspect"

First and last for cats before hats.

2018 version when?

Small and cute.
Why can't we have hats and cats living together in harmony?

wrong

So do you hat pedos just jerk it all day or do you create new content? Is the game good to mod?
I am thinking of stuff like sm64 romhacks with new levels and assets.

You probably just always had bad operating security habits.

Anybody have any advice for beating Mayor Dalmore's two wolf-like monsters in Trails in the Sky?

This is the first point at the game where I'm feeling like I may have to go grind a couple levels. I have all my orbal slots filled and the best gear I can currently purchase, and they're still kicking my ass. Usually I can kill one of them and then the other wipes me out.

There are a few /hat/ters that made mods. There are lots of level mods on the workshop, including Mario levels like bob-omb battlefield, whomp's fortress, delfino plaza, gold leaf galaxy, and at least one other that I can't remember the name of.

No one's stopping them from making a new one. It's not like they do anything other than image dump, you can do that with only two autists.

Focus your attacks on one to take him out fast. Both will do a deathscream when dying that will buff the remaining wolf with different stats iirc, maybe you prefer one over the over.
S-Craft bombing and delay attacks with Joshua are always good. Earth Magic Wall if you can do it already can be very helpful and you probably should orb Estele towards defence and casting for this fight so she works as paladin archetype.

What turn-based games have the most impressive worldbuilding and story?

I'm looking for something to play on my laptop while I clean and do the tedious parts of my thesis.

Much appreciated. Somehow it never occurred to me how easy it is to swap characters' stats and orbs and such around in this game. I'd been thinking of it like leveling in a lot of games where you can't undo decisions.

This game is about to get a lot easier.

I had fun with Rym 9000. Not even a fan of shmups but this one feels different.

>wanting a game that sucks you in with impressive story and worldbuilding
>while writing a thesis

Yeah, nah. Finish that crap first.

here. I mean besides the Trails trilogies. I'm playing through those on my desktop already.

It's not the writing part. I'm working with both qualitative and quantitative data and I have hours upon hours of inputting shit into a spreadsheet ahead of me.

Which is why you should just get over with it. You can shit out some crap when all you have to do is write, but processing data takes time and concentration. Don't make it worse for yourself.

Yeah the orbment allows for relative easy adapting to situations and mobs of an area. Just gotta make sure you have all your needed spells covered like healing and an effective multitarget elemental spell.

Laxius Force
The Tenth Line
Romancing SaGa 2

Maybe they should consider making one again, and stop shitting up this thread; then? There's a reason they had their own thread.

As somebody with photosensitive epilepsy, this game seems like an adventure for me to play.

ok then let me ask you this
do you think there are any safe sources for black market pc games?

best girls

Can't you get it cured?

Can't wait for Steel Zeroes.

If you like epilepsy and bombastic graphics then try Akashicverse.
You don't even need to know any Japanese. The storyline is literally loss.jpg.

>games like this war of mine
i am awaiting anons

store.steampowered.com/app/621220/Nantucket/
Might be cool for strategy fans.

Best mods for pic? I'd prefer if they would use SMAPI.

Everything that lewds the men

Holy shit fuck, after like three full months of "next week" I finally got proof that both the mug and the decal exists. There are only about 3 micro-issues left. Thankfully the decal is still not burned on and we have a billion sheets of spare decals to waste on this, so no need to panic yet.

Still can't believe we are actually, finally getting there.

No. Epilepsy is a neurological condition where the main cause of the seizure is a misfire in the brain. There are 'chips' that you can get put into your brain to help stop the misfires, but I don't really want somebody putting a fucking chip in my brain, thanks.
Speaking of epilepsy, anybody see that video of the guy having a seizure in VR chat?

youtube.com/watch?v=D3V0aw-ljEg&feature=youtu.be

But can't you wear sunglasses or something to negates or diminish flashes?

Also
>guy has seizures
>"LOOOOL BETTER RECORD IT AND PUT IT ON YOUTUBE LOOOOOOOOOOOL"
When God will arrive to judge us, we'll all go to hell because of these people.

having epilepsy must really fucking suck if you like playing videogames

Anyone know if there's an updated version of this with the shieldbreaker/flagellant included?

Cool, I've been wondering when you are going to post it.

I hope the yellowish color is just the lighting.

What's the deal with Subnautica? I hadn't touched it for a month or so, and the game's performance went down 50%, where previously I'd get between 90-70fps, now the game runs at 40-50.

Not lighting, the yellow tint will disappear once it comes out of the oven. That's just how it works, if you look at it closely the transparent give the green a tint too. We just agreed that they'd send a picture before it becomes permanently burned on, because I was worried they'd put it on upside down. And they did.

Frostpunk.

Just beat Hollow Knight and need something to fill the gaping hole it left.

Any reccs for someone who loved HK? Something similar would be cool but I'm open to anything really

Eye Candy update happened

There are any good survival simulator like this war of mine and rimworld

Oooooh I am a strategy fan and this interests me

Any actual roguelike.

I see, thanks for clearing that up.

Make sure to post the final result.

but i like the ramdon elements of story and shit
any good roguelikes like this?

Not sure. Probably? I just stay away from games that have a lot of strobe like flashing in them. Or just look away if it's one particular thing. As for your reply about the video, the guy had originally put the video up with commentary. He had to remove it because youtube said fuck you. For some reason though, they allowed the clean video without the commentary. Read on the top comment he has, and you can see he's trying to spread awareness about epilepsy and seizures as a whole. Not that this was particularly caused by it, because it probably wasn't; but just that people need to know what to do when something like this happens in real life. I felt the same way as you did before I read his post.

It does, but I don't really have anything that triggers me to have one in particular other than strobe lights, or just rapidly changing lights that fill up the screen. Even the neon wendy doesn't mess me up. If the pattern was all over the screen though, it could definitely fuck me up. So I'm lucky there, I guess. What sucks is having people blame the computer for causing your seizures, just because you happen to be on it when you have one. It's funny, because they never blame eating food, reading a book, showering, etc as a cause for my seizures; but I've had plenty during those.

hue

Well I've yet to notice any radical changes visually so whatever they did doesn't seem worth the ridiculous performance hit.

Makes sense. I once saw someone having a seizure in real life, everyone moved away.

>tfw mod never finished

no

Kill yourself.

no

HEIL HATLER

What should you do in JA2 once you've taken Drassen and Chitzena? I tried to take Grumm but there were about 30 guys in the mine sector, way more than I could handle. I tried another sector to see if I could raise militia to help with the rest of the town but they call in reinforcements from other sectors and you get surrounded very quickly.

>when /indie/ merges with another general and all they bring is their stupid memes

Finally, an income!

I'd hardly call it a merge. They asked, we said no. They 'merged' anyways.

R.I.P

Then why don't we just bully them and their shit game until they leave?

That likely won't work

0$ expensives?

So, what the fuck is this cats and hats shit?

What games are they in reference to? And is this a case of "decent games with a shitty fanbase" or are the games themselves bad too?

Oneshot and A Hat In Time.

The hats are from A Hat In Time, a 3d platformer inspired by games like Super Mario 64. The cats are from Oneshot, and exploration/puzzle focused rpgmaker game with meta elements.

Neither have particularly large fanbases but a small but clearly devoted following of both reside in /indie/ since it's the only place they have, with the hat in time general merging with this one just recently.

Thanks.

Memes aside, are they actually good games? If I liked SM64, should I check out A Hat In Time for its own sake, or only if I'm some weirdo who wants to take a thousand screenshots of that weird little elf girl?

Likewise, is Oneshot good as an RPG, or only good if you're into the catboy?

Basically, stripping away the obnoxious fans, should I try the games out?

/hat/ eventually devolved from actual discussion to cuteposting, since there wasn't really anything left to talk about, and now that has carried on here it seems

They are good.
I loved Hat In Time despite hating 3D platformers, and it features some very nice music (>inb4 musics is subjective).
Oneshot is also very cute and a bit meta, but similar to Nier Automata, I expect that game to backstab me in the feels with a rusty knife.

Both of them rely on the player character being so adorable you want to care for them.

Oneshot isn't an RPG

they're both great, the cute main characters are just a bonus

I haven't actually played either game, but from what I've heard A Hat In Time is a pretty solid platformer. Oneshot, though made in rpgmaker is not an RPG. It has no battles, only puzzles and exploration, so if you don't want that, don't play it. Both games seem pretty good to me from the outside.

You can get that up to 9600 income and about 1200 expenses if you train 20 militia in all three sectors, you should order some shit from Bobby Ray's and spend the time waiting for it to arrive training them.

>but similar to Nier Automata
You are like that sperg that calls every rpg "like ff7".

bump
please

Just run dow the list of "metroidvanias" like Ori, Guacamelee, Valdis Story, etc.

t. sperg

Get a metroidvania? AM2R, momodora reverie, axiom verge etc

What was meta about NieR:A?

Not that user but I'm looking for a platform heavy Metroidvania, I've watcehd Ori and Guacamelee videos and they both seem meh in a platforming challenge.

Environmental Station Alpha. It's pretty "primitive" graphically, but it's a really solid & challenging metroid.

It's also got a La Mulana-esque layer

I can't think of any direct comparisons to HK. Salt and Sanctuary is kind of similar, but I wouldn't call it good.

Another good indie metroidvania: Environmental Station Alpha

Im playing it and dont like how slow the character moves, will i get some speed upgrade later?

Not that guy but I assume he was more referring to the way the game plays with your feels to manipulate you.

It was so blunt that it attracted all the same flies that already made undertale and rick&morty fanbases horrible.

Guacamelee is meh in general but Ori is heavy on plattforming.
Out There Somewhere is is very plattforming heavy with some shooting.

You get a horizontal dash relatively early on that can help you get around faster, among other things.

There's also a bike, but that's a secret, post-game thing

>tfw

My sister loves JRPGs, and I like them as well. I'd like to both play one and discuss, but she has dyslexia which makes it hard for her to read a lot of dialogue for long. She mostly plays the newer Final Fantasy games (from X onward) as a result.

What are some non-FF JRPGs that are fully voiced in English?