/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Sillydiil edition

>Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news

>Latest ESO Live: going live in two hours as of OP (jan 19. 18:00 EST - 23:00 GMT)
twitch
tv/bethesda

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>PTS is live with next update, coming with transmog and housing storage
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

>Builds and Guides
New Player Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit
Alcast/Deltia Guides: pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm

>The More You Know
- You can buy a horse for 10k gold at any Stablemaster. Find one on your map (in a town) and there will be a tab at the top of their interface.
- If you're looking for RP, the most famous place is Riften -- but player housing has diminished this.

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/
en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor

>Making gold
youtu.be/4i9gzyTCqIY

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[PS4 EU] message PSN: RumpRustler for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite
Alternatively, write your @username, platform and location in the thread

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is the game worth playing?
Yes.

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

dlgamer.com/us/search?keywords=the elder scrolls online
g2a
kinguin
youtube.com/watch?v=BLZzGoPp9Ug
youtube.com/watch?v=ZDbzTZDflC8
youtube.com/watch?v=2ZLfdFP_pq8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Which edition should I get?
Gold if you don't plan to subscribe, Tamriel Unlimited if you're subbing right out of the gate. Subbing is totally optional, with its largest benefits being access to all DLC (but NOT "chapters," of which Morrowind is currently the only one), cash shop currency upon sub start/renewal, and the Craft Bag, which is shared between all your characters on a megaserver and holds all crafting materials, potentially freeing up a lot of space.

>Do I need Morrowind?
If you REALLY wanna go to Vvardenfell, play a Warden, or engage in the new PvP mode (Battlegrounds -- not the same as WoW's), yes. But there's a TON to do without it.

>Which faction should I choose?
Daggerfall Covenant: Most generic-fantasy faction. Humans and Orcs. Forests, haunted crags, and desert. Literally everyone who plays loves the leader.
Aldmeri Dominion: Elves and cats. Forests, forests, grassland, and savannah. Leader just wants everyone to get along. Under her rule.
Ebonheart Pact: Variety. Drunken vikings, Dark Elves, and lizards. Snow, volcanoes, and swampland. Leader has fuck all to do with most of the story. Probably too busy drinking.

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.com/us/search?keywords=the elder scrolls online (official reseller)
>======
There's been talk of stolen credit cards being used to buy keys, but a lot of people still get it through one of the following and have no problems:
>======
g2a
com/?search=elder%20scrolls%20online
>======
kinguin
net/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder+scrolls+online (consensus suggests this is the least trustworthy)
>======
Of course there's always the main site and Steam. We do not suggest Steam, as it complicates installation (apparently people are having to download the game twice, and it's gigantic already) and, in theory, access, if the Steam servers go down. Maybe if their price is good enough.

>What is animation canceling? Is it worth learning?
youtube.com/watch?v=BLZzGoPp9Ug

Crownfags need to hang themselves, prove me wrong
protip: you can't

t. forebear

Kek

Holy fuck, I'm not the only Xbone pleb in this general?

that redguard looks gay

>Cadwell's Silver
>Use the Light of Meridia
What's going to happen? Will I switch factions? What's this I hear about all my friends forgetting me?

Congrats you're one third of the way through completing the base game.

You only switch factions for the function of the story. It's from before One Tamriel.

We all know that you don't have any friends.

So I get to do a second faction and later for Cadwell's Gold I do the third faction, right? What happens then? Do I go back to my original faction or get stuck at the third faction?

You can freely move from one area to the other.

Do you goys have separate character for crafting? Will I have enough skill points for mag dps/heal and max crafting?

Welcome to EP. Please pick up your complimentary heavy armour set and sword+shield on the way through. You will undergo DK conversion, and holding block whilst whipping lessons start at 11.

I saved Emeric like five times now, he should at least pretend we're friends.

I do because I converted my launch era main but you do wind up with enough skill points to craft and perform some roles.

it's just for the story, you can come and go as you please in any of the different alliance areas regardless of what point in the story you're at

If he had friends he would have seen the other alliances by now. I remember back when we had to actually finish coldharbor before going to the other alliances.

>Tfw buckle up and decide to do the main story quests
>4 days later
>not even close to being finished with it
Holy shit this is killing all motivation to play this stupid game. Why is it every elder scrolls game has the WORST main story quests? I just destroyed malag bals planescape or whatever the fuck it's called and finished up with the harborage. Am i close to finishing it? It's been a relentless grind.

Okay but if I go to Daggerfall will the town crier still yell out about me saving the king?

i got a StamDK and i have enough points for all my skills and passives while also having enough for all crafting lines
>everything under crafting is lvl 50
>10/10 for blacksmithing, clothing and woodworking
>all extraction and tempering passives for these
>can craft all potions, glyphs and food/drink i need
feelsgoodman

>doing the main quest before finishing every possible quest in your faction's zones
it has far less meat without doing so

Controllerfags use the xbox interface on PC

What's a good stamtemplar build?

ok lads
time to sway as we kiss because ESO live is on the way
youtube.com/watch?v=ZDbzTZDflC8
and we're having goddamn Wrobel on the show

>

youtube.com/watch?v=2ZLfdFP_pq8
KNIFE EARS OUT

gina in hagravan cosplay when

did they give a release date for the update yet, or is it still just february?

Useless pieces of shit

>Do it live
>Everything turns to shit
What did they mean by this?

pls respond

WHERE'S THE COMBAT CHANGES
FUCKING WROBEL REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GIB DRAGONBONE MOTIF REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's like I'm really playing Borderlands.

Just combine Worm cult and Mazzatun for your bones n bones.

>outfits are character specific
fucking hell

i'm too poor and lazy to get those though :^)

>everything costs gold
>one of them looks like a jewess
what did they mean by this?

These off balance changes are retarded

If I contact customer support, do you think they'd max out my character heights for free? I'm just now remembering that I have a catlet that needs stilts.

>playing as a furry
jumping from the top of a building is free, no need for customer support :^)

I want to play a duel wielding dunmer. Is this a good idea racials wise? What class, nightblade?

10 SECOND CC IMMUNITY FROM IMMOV POTS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dunmer literally learn Duel Wield skills faster as a racial passive.

>advising build choice based on racial passive experience bonuses

NO

Dunmer don't make very good stamina characters. Redguard, wood elf, imperials, orcs, khajiits are much better choices

Yeah but once the skill gets to 50 it's a worthless racial.

think you dropped this, user

slut

EXTRA THICK

oh baby get those eggs ready for my seed

guysss is stamplar good?

i want be imperial again

SCREW YOU GUYS

FUCK YOUR META

IM GOING IMPERIAL AGAIN

FUCK VAMP FUCK BRENTON

IM RAMZA THE IMPERIAL HOLY KNIGHT

Are you making an alt?

SO MAKE AN ALT

dont spend more crowns pls

no im race changing again, i dont make alts

im going be dps, tank and healer

this is like any other elder scrolls game, i can be whatever i want

please give this crowns to me instead ;__; i need them

when i get job ill give you some

dont really do that ramza. i appreciate the offer though

Just make an alt fucking christ. What an utter waste of crowns.

I mean... I'll take the crowns.

Evergloam house when

lol i got somebody banned again

surely you didn't post that screenshot

Ramza you need to stop.

Why are burgers so autistic?

look at this hottie

im sure its not a guy

Why is ESO filled with so many /pol/ niggers, that place used to be mildly decent a few years ago but it's so filled with redditards right now that it's embarassing even, might be the reason they don't lurk this general either. He's right though.

It's like 4 people, they're just really prolific.

It's funny that even wild cheetahs will still approach humans and be friendly if you don't immediately scare them off. We need to learn from the egyptians and try to domesticate them.

i haven't been /pol since trump was elected, so stop stereotyping people, bigot

damn i so fucking hot

Please stop.

CHAD ramza is back and taking no prisoners OUCH

Do like the rest of us and hide him. Only way to save the general desu.

stamplar is bretty fun, since foskl is dead I will take it upon myself to teach you ramza

I feel like you fags are way too oversensitive and are as such overreacting, ramza might be an autist but i don't see him attacking anyone or making drama.

Ramza would fit right in at /tesg/

yeah its a spoiled general. dont have a sliver of as many shitheads as most other generals do

He's a catalyst. An outspoken racist, autistic, attention whoring agitator. He hasn't yet, but that doesn't mean he won't cause drama in the future. Best way to deal with him atm is to just ignore him.

ok whats good stamplar wbuild wiht 2 hander, i aint pussy i aint using duel weild

only homosexuals and women cause drama

im neither buddy

half you can ignore me i dont care if im talking to myself

You're the hypocrite causing drama here, and most of the traits you mentioned apply to most of Veeky Forums anyway.

Hello?
Team?

eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy N'wah

>entire playerbase like "please nerf snares"
>wrobel be like "heard you loud and clear guys, nerfing immov pot"
classic wrobel

why do people say Nightblade is hard to play? It seems straightforward unless they mean that unless you do three blades in one Merciless your DPS will be shit, because that does seem hard.

>you do three blades in one Merciless your DPS will be shit, because that does seem hard.
that's exactly why it's hard

I'll just probably make it a healer and play my sorc for DPS. My internet seems too spotty for me to get three out. The 2 seems 100% maintainable, though.

hello friends
i played your game at launch on pc
i was thinking about playing it again, is it fun and still alive? is there any active RP on the megaserver for NA?

>is it fun
Yes
>and still alive?
Yes
>is there any active RP
Seems to be, a lot of guilds advertise in zone chat that they're RP guilds, and eso-rp is still around

Ayo hol up

yep, if you use them just as soon as they pop up you'll get 3 procs with ~3 seconds to spare, missing a light attack makes it one second, missing two light attacks, etc- the whole point of the dynamic rotation is to get the third proc off.

if you can't both keep dot uptimes at close to max AND get your procs at an optimum of one every 6-7 seconds you're better off playing a sorc because you'll do less dps than one.

Is it worth subbing even i already have most of the DLC? All i'm missing is clockwork city but i finished all the quests during the free trial. The only benefits i'd really need are the craft bag and exp bonus but i can't really justify spending my money on a craft bag i'll only have for a month. The way i look at it, i can buy a whole new game that i wanted for $18 or get eso+ for the craft bag, is there any other reason to sub or should i just save my money?

someone tell me if i'm playing stamblade wrong, here's my rotation.
>Aoe
hail
path of darkness
leeching strikes
whirlwind
>single target
mark target
snipe
leeching strikes
hail
path of darkness
snipe and light attack until out of stam

Is there something i'm missing? this seems optimal. really hate playing on ps4 and not being able to check dps, makes me very sad. My favorite part of an mmo is experimentation and optimization but there's no way to tell if what i'm doing is better than what i was doing before, i can only go by values i see visually.