Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/V5rGFjKu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xdq7aCAyn8g
youtu.be/q1r82kmXSPo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Join the Kolin army.

>GG tutorial/mission teaches you everything from basic movement to whiff punishing
>anime
>whiff punishing
LMAO

Juri is good now!

fighting games are too hard and nobody will ever play games like fantasy strike because nobody wants to willingly play the "baby casual" version

Play Weiss
but don’t buy CTB

put_android_21_in_a_fighting_game

Post bubblegum thot.

My wife.

Are you "vanish is unreactable" guy?

No, she is still trash.

What were they thinking. She looks so much worse.

>be smash player
>watch capcom cup
>be unhappy that some literally who cholo won instead of the evo champ and god
>buy SF jive and become a jiver
>now I feel happy about menard blowing out that faggot tierwhore

why do people everywhere have the opposite reaction to me

Fighting games needs to be more inclusive and have gay (female) characters already

To conclude

Capcom released a limited edition cammy figure and I think 10 years later in order to help with promotion for SF5 they commissioned non to cosplay this specific color of which later became a limited japan only pre order color in the game.

Majin 21 has no glasses, so it's already a direct improvement over A21.

youtube.com/watch?v=xdq7aCAyn8g

How do I play this character?

Missed the end of last thread:

>you can do it in SFV training dummy already.
I don't think this is what we're getting at, it's not about what a new player could potentially learn, it's about what you're encouraging them to learn and if you're doing it in a way which will make them bite.

The first Xrd tutorial I played was praised for how in-depth it went into things, but it basically just preached system stuff to you in a dry way which I can't imagine many new players would sit through. Apparently there's a new one now with jumping through balloons and all this nonsense that looks like a big improvement, but I imagine a lot of people are still just going to story mode because that's supposed to be the appeal of the game.
So right now players can go into training mode in SFV, record a jump in and test different AA normals. Do you actually think this is a thing many new players do? When we have a cinematic story mode, individual character stories and an optional 'epic' Shin Akuma fight? Nah. They're going and playing the single player which as far as they're concerned is a big draw of the game.

In the single player we're teaching them to do stupid shit that the AI falls for every time because single player fighting game AI is a plague upon the genre.

>tokido
>faggot tierwhore
while historically true, he invented akuma when everyone else was saying he was shit

fireball uppercut

meeeeee

but what does a fighting game character's sexuality matter

Because
>muh jap gods

Sak

Has there ever been a worse fighting game mechanic than custom combos? They completely dominated the meta of street fighter for years (a2, a3 and cvs2), and even when only a single character had them in 3S he was by far one of the best characters in large part just because of having one

Not him but I had a hard time punishing empty vanishes, what's the best button for it? I know full screen homing dashes can be reacted to with certain 5H or 2H moves but I never figured out what to do with a vanish.

Yang is top tier too.

I cant get out of gold and that makes me mad

capcom is the yamcha of fighting games

no he isn't

>>he invented akuma
>because S2.5 buffs to sell DLC never happened
>because tokido being mediocre in 1st half of the season and then tearing up people in the 2nd isn't suspicious

t. queer

pretty much every tier list for the game has yun an entire level above yang, largely because CC is much better than the darkstalkers/duo-lon shit yang has

How do I train punishing v-reversals on training mode? I try to tape block and then forward punch or kick so it comes during my blockstring but nothing happens. Please help.

fundamentals baby

Yang!

My keyboard is a yellowed compaq, it's got ghosting issues and kinda feels like ass for playing anyway.

fundamentals and hard reads for parries

I can't get out of bronze and that makes me horribly depressed

What do you have against gay (male)?

makoto is for ibuki, please delete this

REMOVE THIS!

bros...

Block or 5L

wud sniff

I wish I was a gay (female)

>Yang x Makoto
disgusting

who is the least technical character in SFV

>not boi pussy

0/10

wish I was a thong bros....

you can also beat vanish with 2H on reaction. during the pause if you hit any button the game will buffer it and automatically do it when time resumes, it'll even autocorrect the direction for you

Would anyone recommend the Hori RAP N over the RAP4 Kai?

Please help!

ryu because he has no options or strong tools or especially long combos

Juri 2.0

would anyone be upset if SFV didnt have the twins?

he also showed the west that aegis reflector was a good super:
youtu.be/q1r82kmXSPo

>SF4 was easy
>Menat is really really hard to play
what did Infiltration mean by this?

I'm reading DB again because I realized I haven't reread them since I was like 8 or something and I wanted to be ready for DBFZ. Shit's even better then I remember. Also Krillin just died, RIP.

Stop saying that.

i that was menat

>can't balance autistically grinding SFV and playing other games
it's been a month since I started hollow knight and I've only played like 40 minutes

>gay (female) characters
What about lesbian (male) characters?

necalli is the simplest unga bunga mongoloid ape

Am I a brainlet for playing sakura?

You could ask that about anything unrelated to a character's playstyle... it doesn't, but people like being represented, it's like when less popular countries ask to have a character from their country in Street Fighter (or other fighting games).

That's more fan-headcanon than anything

Nothing but I think we already have plenty of those

Tokido would have played Akuma good or not.

I wish I had the motivation to pick it up again, it's pretty fun.

No, Menat is just another cute idol-like girl
21 is literally just Juri for the kids who weren't horny yet when the the Jurifags were horny 14 year olds, yet are now horny 14 year olds

>am I brainlet for playing a mid-tier at best character?
probably not

I got really bored of it for some reason.

Name one gay (male) character

Venom

I finally did it bros....

based

It's impossible to resist Zato's incredible glutes

iori (king of fighters)

I M A G I NE

T H E

S M E L L

how am I supposed to learn how to play a character when all the trials are outdated

Congrats!

21 has monster girl appeal, Juri doesn't

sponge bob is such a good cartoon

trials were never good for learning a character
google is always your friend

Christ, it's even worse than I thought

thats a nicely rendered vagina

Go into ranked and get your ass handed to you enough to know what not to do if you want to win.

You don't. SFV is a game where you turn off of your brain and rely on muscle memory and/or instincts to have any kind of fun.

Ty men, it took me forever to get to. I was stuck at 12000 for a while

good shit

Start by thinking about how the fireball game works from the perspective of the other guy. You can walk forwards and backwards and press buttons, but if you're outside sweep range walking back and forth then a fireball is basically the strongest poke button you have. It has lots of range and no hurtbox on the projectile, so from range it beats normal pokes outright.

When you start poking people with fireballs they want to jump, obviously. Playing classic shoto means having a good feeling about when the other player wants to jump, you need to notice situations where the other player might be getting impatient. To be able to anti-air you need to not be throwing a fireball, so knowing when not to throw a fireball is a big deal. Look for 'beats' where the other player has an opportunity to jump in, like right after they come out of blockstun after blocking a fireball, or immediately after landing from a neutral jump.

Once you've shown you can AA properly you've discouraged the other guy from jumping. That does let you go back to throwing fireballs but if you've also made them worried about pressing buttons in neutral then you can instead use that scenario to dash forwards instead. This is when you can go for a throw or dash jab / c.MK.

The theme is just reading the other guy's mood and what they're worried about being hit by, then exploiting that.

Why ruin Menat like that

Disgusting

Dont goob

wow me2

i can't play more than 1 game at a time, my autism demands i focus all of my effort into it. if i play anything else i end up feeling like it's time wasted that could be spent playing my main game. this even applies to watching tv or movies, etc. i wish i could just chill and do whatever but i'm too goal focused. feels fucking bad man.

thats... racist..? I think?