Final Fantasy XIV STORMBLOOD

>PLDs on suicide watch edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_1tABKPBlJs
youtube.com/watch?v=_VWIkf-eo5E
youtube.com/watch?v=qkvTq65afCE
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/0a69efa004498fddbc02bcd6cf3952b32162357c
ffxivcensus.com/2016-07/
ffxivcensus.com/2017-11/
novacrystallis.com/2018/01/catching-final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-producer-director-naoki-yoshida/
mmogames.com/gamearticles/mmogames-best-of-2017-awards/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Aww man, what happened?

So i've read the lore book (all of it) and honestly now i really, really hope that 6.0 has us going to Meracydia. I think the Allag vs Meracydia war is the only thing in this game's lore that comes close to being as cool as the Dragonsong War.

DANCING MAD MOTHER FUCKERS
youtube.com/watch?v=_1tABKPBlJs

>PLDs are doing to much damage and we've decided to reduce that
Meanwhile WARs are getting buffed again

>train fight
Will there be suplexing?

There better.

>simplified and buffed
It's never felt so good to be babied.

So with the wind tackle and brotherhood buffs along with the possibility of a train suplex is it time to take mnks off suicide watch

And wars will stay claim they are the hardest tank to play

WAR was the poster job for the 14 revival

My nigga it HAS to be good

I dont care how cool the trailer makes the game seem like, it's still a slow ass 2.5, clunky ass combat system with a mediocre class system.

Eureka: The Forbidden Lands - Patch 4.25

>cross server open world zone you don't queue for, you enter it like a normal area by zone gate
>enemies found in the zone have mechanics with less obvious telegraphs. For example: if a monster is going to do a tankbuster or AoE attack, there's no cast bar or orange circle. you must pay attention to their animations.
>elemental resistances and potency plays into effect here
>the weather in the zone changes dynamically, signaling changes in both the environment and enemies. Example: thunderstorm weather causes random lightning AoEs to strike the field, rainy weather powers up water based enemies, heatwaves causes TP/MP to drain faster, windy weather has a chance to randomly blow players in different directions, etc.
>notorious monsters (NMs) roam around the zone and takes an alliance group to take down, killing them rewards a gold coffer which has tokens that can be traded in for ilvl gear and items you want specifically from a vendor, better gear and better items requires more tokens
>there's a hub where you can duel other players at their consent, but there may be a event where world pvp can engage between grand companies ala grand melee
>there's no loot lockout or forced compositions in Eureka, you can swap jobs at any time

OUR TIME IS NOW

youtube.com/watch?v=_VWIkf-eo5E

How are they buffing WAR?

I'd like for job specific ATEs in fights, so people consider other comps besides double ranged cancer, but I know Yoshi won't like that because it excludes people from playing their favorite job
>monks suplex the train for damage
>machinists hack the guardian for a free burn phase
>black mages burn paintings to deny mechanics they don't like

that's ambitious as heck for them and I hope it works out

Potency buffs on almost everything

>For example: if a monster is going to do a tankbuster or AoE attack, there's no cast bar or orange circle. you must pay attention to their animations.
Animations and visuals make things very hard to see as it is. They act like their animations are even telling enough to be obvious.

if you played the endgame it's not even close to 2.5s anymore. You're pressing a button 1.5s, especially since you can queue up weaponskill/spells before the GCD finishes.

>t. shitter who somehow still manages to get hit by diresaur slash attacks

>old school grindan for level and gear
>elements matter and weather needs to be accounted for
I'm hesitantly looking forward to it now, it scratches a particular type of autism

I was kind of fine where WAR was honestly, only thing I really wanted changed was making Inner Release and Unchained separate cooldowns. Still I'll take it.

This already exists with those large humanoid dragons. And its easy as hell to see their attacks comming

I finished stormblood when it came out. You guys are really something if you think that is fast combat. The queuing is atrocious, too, due to the way their action system works.

>They act like their animations are even telling enough to be obvious.
They are to anyone paying attention.

While reducing the Storm's Eye buff, similar to DRG

t. East coast lagger

Ping below 50, faggot.

I WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS

>enemy stops attacking completely already signaling something is being charged up
>raises its hand way up further telegraphing an attack
>wtf how am I supposed to know its attacking
t. WAR that gets hit by every "raises his claw" in skalla

>visuals and special effects flying around while Square's low budget animations try to be telling

Is it a buff to raw damage? Sounded like the buff is for resource management and less reliance on storms eye staying up. Which wouldn't make raw numbers go up.

>In Eureka there is a unique leveling system known as the Elemental Level, and everyone will be leveling this. Furthermore there is a unique system referred to as the Magia Board, and players will place magicite into the board to strengthen elemental properties. Players will adjust their offensive and defensive elemental properties to fight against monsters.

>The experience points earned inside Eureka will be retained even when you leave, and you can continue the next time you enter. If your Elemental Level is higher than 6, there will be a death penalty. (The penalty will not apply if you are raised.)

>This content can be played solo, or in parties up to eight players.

>* Please note that terms are subject to change. We'll cover more details on Eureka: Anemos in the next Letter from the Producer LIVE.

>excuses
You can turn that shit off, not that I expect a war to be able to think that far ahead

>horizontal progression
is FFXIV saved

What the fuck happened to Yotsuyu's JP VA?

Job Adjustments
The policy for job adjustments are the same as usual - make adjustments while retaining the job's identity within their roles.
Tank
Paladin
Their damage output was a bit too high, so we have lowered their DPS just a bit.

Warrior/Dark Knight
The DPS for both warrior and dark knight will be increased. For warriors, we will lower the effect of Storm’s Eye a little; however, will be increasing the potency of other actions. We've also made system changes to Inner Release and Berserk.

For dark knight, we have increased their usability in general.
Ranged DPS
Machinist
The potency of Hypercharge will be decreased.

Black mage
Potency of Fire IV will be increased.
The proc duration for thunder-type spells and Fire III will be extended.
The recast time for Aetherial Manipulation has been decreased.
The recast time for Transpose has been decreased.

Summoner
The potency of area of effect attack has been decreased.
Melee DPS
Monk
Wind Tackle will now apply Greased Lightning Brotherhood’s effect will apply to the user as well. It’ll make it much easier to open a Chakra now.
The recast time for Mantra and Perfect Balance has been decreased.
Healer
Scholar
The healing effect from Excogitation will now execute when the effect duration ends.
We have made adjustments to the other two healers as well to increase their usability.

Role Actions

Diversion will be adjusted to further reduce enmity generation and the duration will be increased.

*Please refer to the full Patch 4.2 notes for further details on the job adjustments.

no its more like
>PLD stopped playing this game a year ago and hasn't looked back because the devs are fully incompetent

How much of a Square shiteating cuck are you

I don't really get where this WAR is bad thing is from, playing FFXIV on and off since 2.2 the tanks I often see performing the worst have always been in my experience paladins, not to say that there isn't bad WAR's or DRK's, but I've seen a lot of bad paladins.

wow im actually happy weather affects you and bosses.
>like FF12

if yoshi-p keeps this up he may look that "hack" title

now just give monks a GL4 and ill be happy as fuck

Housing Updates
Additional plots will be added.
We'll be adding 6 additional wards, along with their subdivisions, to each housing area (Mist, Goblet, Lavender Beds, Shirogane).

Plots will be added one week following the release of Patch 4.2.

Requirements for plot purchase
In order to allow free companies without housing to purchase a plot, we’ll be applying the following conditions.
Plots designated for free company use will be limited to purchases by free companies with at least four members.
You are required to have four members to form a free company, so we have set it so that housing purchases also require four or more members.

Individuals will be restricted from purchasing plots for personal use for a limited time. You'll still be able to relocate. We’ll be observing the situation and remove this restriction later. When new plots are added in the future, we’ll apply the same measures.

Players will be permitted to own only one private and one free company estate per World per service account.

For example:
If you have two characters (character A and B) on one World, and A is enlisted in a free company which owns an estate, then B will not be able to purchase a free company estate.

Further details will be announced on a special site which will be released later.
Owning a room in an apartment won't be considered as owning an estate, so you may purchase without any concerns.

Thats because the difference between a decent pld and a bad one is whether they use the post 56 skills.

WAR is usually the most powerful tank, but because of this, it attracts a lot of idiots

Nero is such a sly handsome motherfucker.

>Motherfucking Kefka

How will they fuck this up

>gets proven wrong with animations not being obvious
>gets btfo harder when he says effects you can turn off hide the animations
>b-but c-c-cuck though

Don't blame square for your own ineptitude.

>LOL tiger
>transformes into a buffmclargehuge with great vocals

Yeah I've run into a surprising amount of paladins that just spam their enmity combo and do absolutely no dps. Paladins I also find are the type of tanks that even if you're tanking they'll try to compete for aggro with you, going so far as to provoke and try to take the boss. I've had that happen more than I would like and it annoys me because half the time they do a poor ass job at tanking.

Omega: Sigmascape
*We showcased brief looks of Sigmascape V1.0 and V2.0.

V1.0 will have adventurers face off against Phantom Train.

We received a few requests to delay the implementation of the Savage mode; however, we chose to release them at the same time. Even if you haven't completed the main scenario, you’ll only need to have completed the normal version of Omega: Deltascape to later challenge Sigmascape (Savage). Deltascape (Savage) completion is not a requirement.

If we were to release the Savage mode two weeks later, everyone’s item level will be increased during that time. Balancing was done based on release at Patch 4.2 timing, so we would have to re-adjust the overall balancing if we pushed back the release timing on the Savage mode. Also, doing this will make it more difficult to retain the value of the new crafted battle gear with higher item level unless we make it stronger.

For those looking to defeat it quickly. we would like players to use the new crafted battle gear. We believe the difficulty of the Savage mode is harder than Alte Roite from Deltascape. For those that consider the Savage mode as their main end game content, we believe that they feel it’s good to have the Savage mode released with the patch. We would like to continue to hear players feedback regarding this.

Why do I feel like something bad going's to happen to this.

shes retarded now so she has a retarded kawaii uguu accent, its a common trope.

The Feast Updates
New map: Crystal Tower Training Grounds
We created this with a very FINAL FANTASY-feeling featuring chocobos and moogles in order to showcase what FFXIV is for those who are unfamiliar with the game that may be watching a tournament.

There are several patterns for the wall placement, and they will appear at random when the match begins.

The crest created by the PvP Teams will be reflected on the field map.

Pre-season
The pre-season will begin along with the release of Patch 4.2, and PvP Team feature will implemented at this time as well. We have made as much adjustments possible for PvP actions as well.

We’re currently working on the rules for the official tournament. We would like the PvP Teams to challenge each other to earn the right to participate in official tournaments.

For now, we look forward to hearing your feedback from the pre-season.

I better be able to get a Dancing Mad orchestrion roll

>We believe the difficulty of the Savage mode is harder than Alte Roite from Deltascape
That's not a very high bar to set
>We believe this content can only be cleared by players with eyes and hands

Someone tell me why a SCH was asking a DRG in Tam Tara NM (lvl sync 19) if they had Goad

>hands
Not even that, there's that guy with no arms that raids using his feet on the controller remember

>Actual good monk buffs

Looks like I can hold off from dropping monk a little longer

It's gonna flop.

You dont lose your cross role skills if you are synced down and if your tank was a warrior goad would let them spam over power and speed up the dungeon
Of course no one ever takes goad because they are a bunch of retard and think shit like arms length will be useful

PLD, being the traditional fantasy sword and shield job, tends to attract the "epic holy tank xD" crowd that always want to MT (despite being the worst tank to MT), sprints with unsheated weapons to look valiant, uses Clemency at 70% HP, use Passage of Arms to mitigate the damage a single Indom would cure and spams Halone despite having good threat lead.

>PS4 limitations sorry we have to delay this content again and rework it

>4.25
Holy fuck, are relics getting delayed to almost halfway through the fucking expansion? Jesus Yoshi, get it together.

I leave the effects on because it adds part of the challenge and epicness of the game. Like Thordan EX wouldn't be the same without meteors+ice+dragons eye+pizza cleaves happening at the same time.

>32 bit limitations
Ftfy, there are still people playing on toaster laptops that are worse than ps3s right now

shut up with the limitation shi
Hardcore raiders were the ones who ruined Diadem, I can see it happening again

That actually makes a ton of sense. Sadly it's a level 38 skill and I was only level 32 so i'm boned.

There's rumors that Stormblood is going to be a longer expansion than HW.

Not only playing on laptops, there are people playing with satellite internet.

>people can get gear in ways other than raiding
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Having raids is good, catering to raiders at the expense of others and other types of content is bad

You dont need gear outside raids, cuck.

Or that it's intentionally done to stretch time for subs.

>there is someone right now playing on a toaster laptop, running on battery power, with satellite internet, that only uses one hotbar "because the extra keys are confusing and I only need these ones"
>that person is going to be in your next roulette run

Doesn't change the fucking face that they had other ways to get gear, and it's not like it was easy to get since just like savage you had to grind the same content over and over and then hope you had good enough RNG to get a decent stat roll on the diadem gear

If thats the case i still dont understand why people who raid savage are so garbage

stop subbing to my game

That just goes to show how accessible FFXIV is. That is the key to a successful MMO.

>that mentor on Cactaur that has admitted multiple times he didn't even know what the word combo meant and would spam one attack over and over until he hit the level cap and someone got angry at him and told him what to do

Black Mage is top tier DPS now.

youtube.com/watch?v=qkvTq65afCE

Patch that lets black mage BECOME the fireball when?

>Just got monk to level 70 recently
>buffs on the way

fuccin sick

>Hello there, everyone. Producer and Director Yoshi-P here to wish you all a Happy New Year! 2017 was a fantastic year. The release of our second expansion, Stormblood, was a great success, and we’ve seen more players online than ever before. It goes without saying our accomplishments over the past year wouldn’t have been possible without your support.
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/0a69efa004498fddbc02bcd6cf3952b32162357c

>active players in 2016: 231,787
ffxivcensus.com/2016-07/
>active players in 2017: 714,408
ffxivcensus.com/2017-11/

>"Stormblood came out in June and now we’re on patch 4.1 and 4.18 – how do you feel about the response to the latest updates"
>Naoki Yoshida: First and foremost, it’s not just the development team, but the internal operations team, PR and marketing team [that have contributed with this achievement]. We’ve updated the record subscriber numbers – the biggest since the A Realm Reborn launch. This is something we didn’t really expect. It’s not just that we are so happy about these results, but it was also quite a big surprise.
>And it’s not just a success in the business side of things, but we also received a metascore of more than 90%, and this is quite rare for an MMORPG to get such a high score. I’m so proud of the actual contents that the game has offered with Stormblood, the [latest] expansion.
novacrystallis.com/2018/01/catching-final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-producer-director-naoki-yoshida/

>FFXIV wins MMO of the year
mmogames.com/gamearticles/mmogames-best-of-2017-awards/

>1:42

he just hit puberty

Interested in being a tank but from what ive seen and heard paladins are just better than warrior in almost everythiny when it comes to pve. So why the fuck would anyone choose warrior or dark knight then especially if paladins also do "good damage" ?

Dead MMO

More players means more money, yet it feels like they had even LESS of a budget to work on SB. Fuck SE

>tfw Burned Out.

Ya'll have fun. I can't stand grinding instances to watch my ilvl nudge up a number or two over weeks anymore.

I do not understand why WAR continhes to receive buffs they're already back solidly in the meta comps.

WAR is the meme tank
DRK is for anime edgelords

once I finished up Delta4, lakhsimi and susano extreme I unsubbed, that's how you play this game, you finish the content, unsub and wait for content again

the only downsides is not having a guild to raid with (because who the fucks wants a raider that's unsubs whenever he wants) or leveling things like crafting/gathering

now I'm getting the itch to resub again, the Eureka thing looks awesome

>bi-annual fanfest in october falling in line with yoshi's 2 year expansion cycle

I've never ever cleared O1S or any other Omega savage because I have no static and randos are fucking horribly shit. Even when trying with the """"""""""""""""""""top"""""""""""""""""""""""
players of my shitty FC, 4 of us can't carry other 4 retarded idiots.
Kill me desu.

Yeah that's kind of how I rolled. I skipped the last patch though, despite the idea of an Ivalice Raid being pretty cool, I just couldn't stand instances anymore.

I guess I'm one of those MMO fans who prefers solo questing over Dungeon Grind.

I don't even know how people keep sane enough during Anima/Relic shit. Made me want to do pic related and this was AFTER everything was made easier.

O1S and O2S are entirely clearable with randos

The horizontal progression isn't going to carry over outside of Eureka and will inly translate into a few extra points of DH or some dumb shit so don't get too excited

Not in MY experience.
>play tank
>DPS is too low
>play DPS
>never find room, tanks fuck up positioning and cooldownds and damage is still not enough

God dammit this made me want to resub. The Eureka shit sounds interesting too. But fuck me if Stormblood wasn't underwhelming as fuck. I just wish they would release some mid-core level content. I skipped 4.1, for those who played it how was it?