/mhg/ - Monster Hunter

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, with a fall 2018 PC release.
↳Third PS4 beta with a bonus Nergigante quest is underway until the 22nd. Get hunting!
↳A Limited Edition Rathalos PS4Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Elder Dragons + Deviljho: youtube.com/watch?v=lmwxyM3sPwc
↳Full 2018 Winter Event Livestream: youtube.com/watch?v=FuxxrCmLi58
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Moveset Changes: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SSJg4LllPdM
youtube.com/watch?v=5361fSEsAHc
youtube.com/watch?v=7tov4WrWRXA
youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=Zx09cOdDYHU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspension_of_disbelief
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Huntress posts

fuck off nintendie

youtube.com/watch?v=SSJg4LllPdM

This legit hurt my pride, lads...

youtube.com/watch?v=5361fSEsAHc

Threadly reminder that waifu faggots should all be hunt down, tortured and killed. No exceptions.

This is a SAFE post!

Post PROOFS

We need more pics like OP with comparing weapons to cute girls.

World beta is boring. Ultimate version when?

So how do you guys feel about the amount of new players. I'm happy, loving MH getting mainstream attention. I'm also glad that they are finding Nerg hard, goes to show how skill based the game is

And how do you guys feel about Nergigante? Honestly having problems dodging the slam (you know, the one where he stands up and slams down) when my weapon's unsheathed.

Playing LS i feel like i just gotta keep using parry.

Any tips?

Any Gunlance users out there have some solo Nergigante kill times they're willing to share? I want to try and set myself a goal to beat based on the apparent average.

*glows at you*

cute
Fk7GhiPkXsrT if anyone wants to fight nerg with a shitty HH user

Do we not have the stomp feet angrily emote? That was the fucking shit I can't believe they removed it.

What happened to the eurofag that was supposedly going to stream his early copy yesterday?

Here, I'm a casual player though
youtube.com/watch?v=7tov4WrWRXA

post webms

XX room
35-5580-8861-5263

Good luck, user!

To be fair, the second set of the same way on males, as is the bone set. It's okay if both genders have the same exposition because they have a uniform purpose.

Contender for the worst beta experience I have ever had.

1. Game runs like shit
2. The negrigante fight is completely random, sometimes he dies in 5 minutes sometimes his tail wont even come off after hitting it for 10 minutes straight.
3. Hitboxes? Nah, random.
4. Input lag
5. If you exit the game, everything is lost and you have re-do all the options, items, hunter, cat ... everything. What fucking dumb Jap thought that was a good idea?
6. """""Matchmaking""""" = joke, doesnt work.
7. Let's spam tutorials when you're fighting the last boss, take up the entire fucking screen
8. Shit music that everyone turned to 0% after two fights
9. You're actively fighting the controls (especially if you want to use an item) all the time, probably the worst button layout in not just this type of game, but all of them
10. IT'S NOT FUN, IT'S BORING. Seriously, there is NO feeling of a reward. You die, you don't care, you kill something and you still don't care.

>the final refuge of anime apologists
never gets any less dumb, "realistic" in this case is a relative term

around 13 on my first try with it

>XX

Please tell me that i wont have to solo a elder dragon under 15min for a trophie in the full game.

I-cant take this

what the fuck why is he so cute

Newfags finding Nerg hard doesn't mean anything because they're new players.

Use a real weapon like the cb or lance.

mixed feelings, I'm glad new players are coming in, but the at the same time I feel embarrassed for some reason.

I'd bet money that there are Arena S-Rank trophies for World.

>as is the bone set
That's the Nergigante set.

>elder dragon
But spiky boy is new to the series

Nice life story, nerd.

>4u

Literally NONE of them are realistic, I don't give a fuck about either side of the arguement, anyone trying to say they are even slightly realistic is a fucking tool that wants to pretend monster hunter is better than it is.

It's all I have

you get 4 shit items. just join a lobby and go afk, 3 people will kill it since it only scales to 2. I just joined lobbies and played overwatch while other people did it. It's a waste of time to do it yourself

Sorry I'm playing Generations right now.

Well, I went from being excited about MHW to deciding to drop my preorder. Tough as it is and despite me having fun, some kind of fun at least, it feels sour to me. I don't know what it is, it just doesn't feel right to me anymore with how they changed the gameplay. Think I'll sit out MHW and wait for the next one.

Not really expecting any responses or anything, just blogging I guess.

MORE BULLYING

>FU

6iiyHhXxcd2T

nerg for now. if anyone wants to mix it up with diablos/rath i'm down for that too. just let me know

You too. That was some good huntin. Hope to see y'all in the full game.

Remember when people were rejoicing that MHW would finally do away with slut armors, because they didn't see any in the early footage?

>flagship monster is a straight-up bikini armor

where does the time go?

Those devs comments also say that the games are all about commitment, and now we have potion walking, cosmetic sets, remounting, and weapons sliding all over the place.

Get BTFO

guess ill join you since no one is joining mine

This pretty much confirmed that MH was never supposed to be a game you play by yourself.

It's the same fucking method as the solo HBG video, except multiplied by 4, resulting in half the time since multiplayer is balanced for 2 hunters
It's virtually no different from Hame runs

>torch pods

3 mounts, 2 paralysis, 1 or 2 knockdowns, both horns out.
And Nergigante doesn't even limp yet when time runs out.
How how how how how how how.

just get a ps4. the beta's free

I have video proofs
youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=Zx09cOdDYHU

"Realistic" does not mean "it is literally a real animal," you tool. It means there is a believable explanation for its existence. The only exceptions are elder dragons, which are meant to be rare and special precisely because they are unbelievable/magical.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspension_of_disbelief

The developers have outright stated that they were going for a believable, "natural" aesthetic for most of the setting/monsters. In mainline, you'll notice that it's only when Ichinose directs that things that aren't elder dragons get features with no physically believable explanation.

>time limit on everything

is this going to be a thing in the retail game? If the developers don't respect my time by taking away everything I just spent 14m59sec on, I'm not going to bother with it. It would be okay if after 15 minutes you got less of a reward, but the "FUCK YOU, YOU JUST WASTED 15 MINUTES, WANNA TRY AGAIN?" prompt made me sour on the whole experience.

I too remember when i had some hope that MHW was going to be good.

I'll join in like ~30 minutes if you're still around.
Gonna have some lunch.

14:50:366

>Wasting time mounting
Lol

quests in the full game should all be 50min except for elder dragons

Quests in the full game have a 50 minute time limit, 35 for Elders like Nergigante.

Why is Nergi considered an Elder Dragon? If anything he's a normal looking wyvern that has a pretty meh "mechanic". Seregios and Brachy both have special shit going on with them and they aren't considered Elders.

The timer will be 50 mins for most quests. But you'll only be able to faint 3 times before failure.

>the state of MHW players

>someone makes an argument about the newer MH designs going way outside the aesthetic the series is based in and that people love it for
>BUT DA GAMEPLAY GETTIN BAD TOO SO U DUM
no, you're actually just making my argument for me, retard.

delicious tears

See guys, its still the same game.

>Modern gaymers

>people love it for
Not according to the popularity polls. Realismfags were always a whiny minority.

same here man. I did complete shit one fight and after 7 minutes he went to his cavern, died 1 minute later. After that I have never been able to kill him again. I just tried two times with a full group, nobody died and we did insane damage - he didnt even move away from the swamp and no parts of him fell off. either bugged, random or there's something happening behind the scenes that I dont understand

You know a game is bad when it has to pander to waifu fag subhumans like you to get sales.

>tfw just now realizing this game will have trophies/achievements
oh god the wanking is going to be monumental

>nobody knows how to google
Fuck you

>TROPHY UNLOCKED: Epic Moment
>witness a Rathalos fireblast another monster for over 9000 damage!

keep em' comin.

I'll be here

guys we cant defend this..

>dev comments say one thing and that should be how it is according to you
>devs also go against what they said the game should be about in a different comment

>NOOO THAT DOESN'T COUNT

I see. I'm gonna set my goal to under 11 minutes. Thanks anons.

He's talking about achievements in the full game you illiterate fuckwit.

>torch pods

Marketing Ploy?

how do you put fire on the floor?

>GS is best girl
i like this one

>popularity poll for a game that people who don't like that direction didn't play
Gee whiz, I wonder why the results were skewed that way?

P3rd, XX and to a lesser extent World might as well be a different series.

Do you think nergigante weapons are gonna be the new slime weapons?

>tfw no PS4

You're so goddamn delusional it doesn't matter what anyone says, keep pretending monster hunter is a super hard core game that only cool people with discerning tastes like yourself could TRULY enjoy.

Four legs, two wings.

Hahaha that happened to me too.

It's just there to annoy you so what's the point? Kill the dragon in 15 mintues is just stupid since there's no planning or use of items.. hell you barely have time to use a fucking stone to sharpen your weapon. It's spam spam spam and hope he dies before the 15 minutes are up, and if you don't do it then you just wasted those 15 minutes. That's just poor game design and it belongs back in 1990. We're a couple of decades past those kind og game designs.

the only thing out of line here is exploiting torchpods, which is likely just a massive design oversight

It's a popularity poll for all monsters in said game dingus chosen by the devs. Keep backpeddling.

Are you literally asking if they'll have blast or are you unironically asking if a flagship's weapons will be good/generally the best? Because the flagship usually has the best weapons in its game and they get nerfed in future games, yeah.