/xgg/ - Xenogames General #92 - Remove Adenine Edition

USE SPOILER TAGS
Please note that Veeky Forums Rule #3 is being enforced.

========== Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ==========
>XBC2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XBC game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/whyaLFk0

>XBC2 Advanced FAQ (Tips, Combat, Quests, Misc, early/mid game and late game separated)
pastebin.com/xr0dT5mq

>XBC2 Blade combo elemental charts
i.imgur.com/JUWNMOw.jpg

>XBC2 Info Doc. Please help contribute
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/
Add 'htmlview' behind the URL for a lightweight interface

>XBC2 Artbook link
drive.google.com/open?id=1l8EuZcAvfNAVKyHuK6bSr5NxpiaUdXYD
e-hentai.org/g/1168674/90d830fe38/

>XBC2 Fanworks
pastebin.com/DPHdsLNL

========== Xenoblade Chronicles X ==========
>XBCX Links pastebin
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY
==============================

If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vQA6-i5Iq2Y
strawpoll.me/14874410
youtube.com/watch?v=lZwW9pbA6wk&list=PLiHw3OF_XELGYPzojqmMW8e9DZon_cPpG&index=48
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is Rex's canon wife, say something nice to her!

man, sorry to hear about that, but it's still pretty great even knowing it, right?

I think it's unfortunate that everyone is spoiled that kosmos is in the game, but we A) know it's not that important and B) it's impossible to let people find it on their own because she's always the last one you pull

How much longer to NG+, lads
I'm legit about to restart the game again

>Walking
>Level 80+ Enemy aggros

She warms my heart every time I see her

Just stop and take a break my dude. Come back later to NG+ with a fresh face instead of burning out

Am I the only one that has no interest in starting over? I have 210 hours in XC2 why the fuck would I want to do it over again?

she needs to warm my dick

Because it's fun, and it's fun to do the story with weird setups.

That's a privilege reserved for Rex alone, sorry

Depends on what things it changes. Otherwise I'm more interested in doing all of the side shit I missed in XCX.

[XCX Enhanced Edition] for Switch when?

Malos*

This pretty hard. but that's why NG+ is what we're waiting for

ey, so... has anyone other than that one user noticed suddenly way better rare blade resonation rates? I just bullied 7 legendary cores out of kenny, I should go try maybe. I don't know how people get whole stacks of 99 of them, in between I have to go salvage to get boosters so I can slap 5 on each one, and you can't hold that many of those.

It is. Among the things I got spoiled that I don't care much is Zeke joining the party, because I fell in love with him after the first fight, no homo

can someone post that picture of Addam where you can actually see his face that someone took?

oh yeah that got spoiled for me too and I wish it hadn't because it was a massive surprise
meleph kiiiind of was but also kind of wasn't.

It should've been Nia

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?youtube.com/watch?v=vQA6-i5Iq2Y

>Pyra and Mythra are the same person reeee
>Pneuma is the only true being reeee
>Mythra is just mentally ill and the ending doesn't matter reeee
>No they are not the same reeee
>But twitter said reeee
>I don't know Japanese but the truth is there reeee
>/v/ and reddit think otherwise reeee
>Threesome reeee
>Foursome reeee
>Shitty writing reeee
>Trailer confirms reeee
>Mythra was a mistake reeee

It's time to choose:
strawpoll.me/14874410

Damn, Mythra's boyfriend looked like THAT?

what a fucking soyboy

just change poppi qts element to dark

7 months. You could play the game thirty times over and still not have it yet

Does the Rex dream sequence change with the choice or Nia always blames him for thinking too much about Pyra?

XCX may have done somethings better than Xenoblade 2, but Sawano has nothing on Ace+. It's really hard for me to find a track I don't like. I still think Sawano's UM theme fits the best though.

You did choose Pyra and gave Rex his happy ending with her, right?

No, it's always Pyra during that scene.

is it possible to get boss enemy cores? i want malos' and the guy i fought with whose blade went back into its shell right after Vandham died

You can't, but some people are speculating that those Blades will be the ones in the DLC.

user... About Obrona.... I think you needed to pay attention to the lore dump better or you'd have had her hours ago

That kid in Fonsa Myma who's fishing and wants a Speckled Whalefish and Blossom Custard... is it possible to give those items to her? I have like 10 of both but I'm not sure how to give them.

I have a very important question.
Can patches delete your file?
I'm playing the game unpatched because I can't connect the switch to the internet yet. I wouldn't want to lose 60 hours just because I downloaded some bug fixes...

No, don't worry about that.
What is talking about is the changes in the ardanian soldier lines, not his save.

>Can patches delete your file?

He looks like Shulk with fuccboi lips

????????

Uncontrollable's opening guitar riff kind of makes me think of a cat that just had it's tail stepped on. But in a good way? All the UM themes kind of have that "fight or flight" bit at the start where it's just a few bars of build-up, and X's felt most appropriate for when you were totally fucked.

Depends on what they add, if anything. There's a lot of variance between what MK8 added and DKCTF just adding Reviewer Mode Starring Funky. I'd pray they re-do a lot of UI and Hud stuff for convenience and QoL (settings for sound mixing, pause and resume affinity missions, favoriting/locking equipment as unthrowable', request party member backup from anywhere, ways to show specific enemy/collectible positions on the map, ways to increase drop rates of rare enemy parts/collectibles etc).

Other than that, something equivalent to what the DLC packs added in Japan as new content would be neat. A few new party members, new weapon and skells. Ga Jiarg/Ga Buidhe are basically made to be party members already, and the Wroth skells (Caladar, Deva Caladar and Vasara) would be sweet rewards even if they end up being pre-builts like the Ares.

I'm not going to pretend there's a chance of the story being answered in a rerelease so I won't get my hopes up.

You should already have obrona if you were listening to what they were saying. They dropped clues on where to pick her up

>Walking through anywhere
>Uncontrollable starts playing
It's some of the best "Oh shit" music in the series.

Considering the game has/had bugs that can't let you finish some quests at all and the base version has a horrible, supposedly permanent camera bug tied to theather mode, and can freeze after the credits, don't be surprised if I feared for the life of my file after reading that.

He is memeing you don't listen to him.

If those visions Rex had were his fears then what was the meaning of the dinner, it wasn't even in showed in dimmed lightning like other scenes/flashbacks?
Rex feared that Mythra would act as Pyra or feared washing his hands? I don't get it. And if it was an act why didn't girls said "enough" earlier?

>You did choose Pyra and gave Rex his happy ending with her, right?
Not really, she was kinda boring and after I get Mythra I forget use her.
Its funny because in general I don't like tsunderes but Mythra was ok in my book.
Still I like how the title screen imply that Rex is living with both girls.

I kind of wish XC2 had a few more hard fights mixed into the area instead of going from cannon fodder to OHKO'd. I do like shit like the big ape being around to set a goal for the player but it's those small fights where you have to dig deep to pull through that are the memorable ones.

What's the hardest boss battle in the game and why is it the tirkin guarding the place in chapter 4?

>Blew my bonus xp so I could beat the merc 3 fights
>Auto-attacked through the whole mor ardain arc

You're low-ish level
You're unoptimized
You're stuck with two party members
It's 3v2
All you've got is a squishy Nia and a Rex
You're not likely to be putting tank blades on your healer

Where the fuck is Relic Holder Tyrannor's tombstone? I just killed him for the Riddle on the Wall quest, so I don't need to fight him again, but still WHERE

I was always a little bothered by that. People really didn't have hammer/greataxes for rex with a bitball switch and knuckles for nia? You could run pretty solid phys def's while still doing damage and healing relying on blade combos and chain attacks for the damage.

Man I felt bad for Jin at the end, even Akhos made me feel a little. Malos is a real bro,
I'm glad they didn't fuck him up by being an asshole to everyone like most of jrpg villains.
Mikhail was a great bro too, but fuck Patroka and her shitty attitude, she didn't have any trait other than being ass

How does one know what fusion combos have what effects. I have a feeling like each fusion combo has different effects (that one speed-run user is using volt-topple or volt-launch, so presumably that one gives lots of attack up.)

I seem to remember that when you do a fusion combo, you get a display on screen that tells you what that fusion combo does. But I am doing fusion combos all the time, and that is never showing up

I have a sneaking suspicion that what's going on is that the game remembers what fusion combos you've pulled off, and once you've pulled one off, it never does the popup / slowdown telling you what that fusion combo does again.

Which means that I have to start a new save file to fucking figure out what each fusion combo fucking does, and is probably why we don't have a table of this anywhere on the internet

reeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEE

>Kenny still resisting Morag's breaks even with Beta Scope

Use poppi qt pi's break de$u, it has 3x the chance to break
>I just got master muscle mod while responding to this post, so thank you

Unless you're using morag yourself so you can overclock spam switch, use tora. For some inexplicable reason his break gets 3 checks

Herald or KOS-MOS for Zeke?

The reason most people take on Ken so early is because Poppi cutiepie's break art has three individual chances to break, and literally every other break art in the game only has one, so even while highly underleveled you can still break superbosses consistently.

Granted you should still keep doing what you're doing, maybe adding in a few other breaks into the mix, because it feels a lot more rewarding to accomplish something with a strategy you like rather than one someone told you to do.

Well the speed-run user's build uses Herald on zeke. Kosmos is a good choice for support for that particular build since +20% ether, but you can get commons with +24% so eh.

I have both on Zeke and it seems fine. Kosmos is underwhelming.

Herald, KOS-MOS, Sheba
Ether cannon range V aux cores
+range chips

What is this dumb range meme

range means literally nothing, no extra damage

right?

Both Herald and Kos-mos can do that same build the speedrun user uses, as their level 1 specials have the same properties

in fact, Kos-mos is better than herald for it because not only is she light element, she has an ether modifier unlike Herald who has a strength mod

Keeps them out of trouble
Put on the aux cores and find out

youtube.com/watch?v=lZwW9pbA6wk&list=PLiHw3OF_XELGYPzojqmMW8e9DZon_cPpG&index=48

From what I heard, Pyra doesn't show up in this Heart to Heart if Rex is Kora's driver.
Can someone confirm this?

Hm, I thought the use of Herald was for her +200% damage passive.

I think you're saying that their level 1 specials hit a lot, which is important because otherwise you just hit the damage cap, right?

The game gives a cutscene for tier-2 blade combos + topple or higher, and tier-3 blade combos with any running driver combo gives its own cutscene too.

So tier-1 blade combos or fusion combos with break do have effects (that youtube video the user posted testing effects shows them) but the game doesn't outright tell you what they are.

>Mfw that dark miasma in the Mor Ardain tunnel that leads to the Brionac area actually has a use
Turns out it's a good way to get to the flying guy's tombstone without getting aggroed by the soldiers, if you're not a high level. All this time I thought it was useless.

>tfw level 36 and trying to solid snake through that soldier area by the plant and get to the pipe in the cliffside

this is so retarded
any salvaging spot on a narrow cliff is utter fucking cancer.
And you NEED to farm this spot for qt pi

>SHARK
>STACKING
Holy shit.

Assuming this is that spot at the south end, separated from the beach, I'm okay with it. The rocks at the sides help prevent the AI from walking too close to the edge, falling off and killing themselves.

their level 1s hit a lot, AND both have an increase crit damage modifier

Kos-mos has a near equivalent passive to herald, and with higher ether you're doing more damage overall

I can't beat Malos in ch. 10. What do?

Git gud.

>100%+100% = 200%
Oh, I see now. Thanks, I'll try using Kosmos for fun then.

Unzip your BIG DIK team composition, use the combat mechanics taught to you throughout the game and win?

Load up knockback and blowdown res cores on generics with the battle skills? It's not like they're hard fights

have fun, I'd use the meme build with kos-mos but I can't bring myself to use the moon matter chip over tachyon since her default guns look so fucking good

sauce

About to play xenogears for the first time, anything I should know?

Shion is a whore

Zeke in the future

Mythra loves older boy, like Zeke too

Just popped in to ask if there's any news on when the New Game+ is supposed to drop. Originally i thought it was going to be this month but the update didn't have it so I assume we're not getting it yet?

August 27th

Nah.

Btw how do people manage to have over 700% damage mult at the begining of a chain attack?

Pneuma's sacrifice at the end feels kinda forced. It should've been Malos.

no you don't you faggot, all spots drop golden cogs, stop using ghetto cylinders

Driver and blade affinities

P O S T

M I K

multiple orbs, you get like 100% for each orb busted

this is fake and you know it. She used to like it this way with Addam, before sex

sure

There's a bonus for each additional orb you pop a round too right?
Fug, what's the multiplier like if you use orb ender to pop 6 orbs in 2 rounds...

>My sister says you remind her of her ex
>blushes

What the fuck is wrong with Rex

>Not blushing when you find out someone is attracted to you

a cuck

Why the fuck Rex was so sad when girls came back at the end?

No that i know i ask how do people manage to have 700 at the start without even breaking an orb in those 20 sec superbosses kills vid , i already have everyone with s+ but i barely reach 370%