/ss13g/ - spacemen on a sphesstation edition

Last time on /ss13g/ - spessmen on a spess station:
>Xenos better teamworkers than crew? It's more likely than you think!
>More shitty lowpop murderboners, plasma floods, onehumans, singulooses
>Be good to your fellow spaceman. If we all help each other a little, it'll make a lot of better rounds

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>OH GOD MY GAME FROZE BUT I CAN STILL SEE CHAT HOW 2 FIX??
Downgrade your BYOND version to byond.com/download/build/510/510.1347_byond.exe

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs + Discord circlejerk
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs
discord.gg/c32NDYj

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation
discord.gg/nfmjc56

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>Round Stats
stats.ss13.moe/

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/z7czw5WQ

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/16343
youtube.com/watch?v=WL-8rU8ltA4
youtube.com/watch?v=v1ieA-1vDEQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>if we do our chore job every single day of every week we'll make the rounds of other people we have no right to care about better

Many hands make light work. Anyone who's rebuilt a dept knows this.

Go be lonely somewhere else.

>another deadpop murderbone where they don't call the shuttle for a half hour

Don't forget grabbing the spare on lowpop and being the hero that fills in all the head roles the station needs, then getting shittalked for powergaming

Jackrip is a nigger

Fuck you

That's not the point. The point is making it out to be a public service, as if caring for a group of retards on an internet game 24/7 is something that they should be admired and lauded for. That is the making of an actually insane person, -like omega- cooperating with fellow spessmen because you find it fun isn't.

>Double Agent
Oh boy I already know how this is going to go
>Fuck it
>use 28TCs on random item spawns
>almost kill myself with bees in a briefcase
>find a dead RD, use a soul stone shard on them to make them my shade.
>Set up a ghetto rune in the showers and try to appeal to the gods for a construct
>my target kicks in the back door and shotguns my head apart in two seconds.

I deserve this, but man fuck double agent.

I tried to message you at the beginning but you turned off your fucking messenger

I've spent most of my adult life on this game. Don't you DARE belittle it.

Well yeah, PDA bombs are notorious on DA. With it all said and done, I'm glad you got that antag roll you were just talking about wanting. However, if you're going to lowpop kill em all.
CALL IT BEFORE HAND, don't be a dick be a dude.

>Cult
>Only a few sec
>They aren't on the ball
>Didn't even promote themselves yet
>Inform them, Promote them, Gear up
>Wage unceasing jihad against the cultist menace
>Station is basically half cultists already
>Cargo is almost entirely cultists and get purged
>Sec slowly dropping off comms and a headset is found He got better and they just weren't responding in general
>Scinigger about to subvert the silicons to wipe out sec gets got
>Assblasted so hard he cries to the admins
The people that bitch about powergay are always the worst

I don't remember this round

Touché.

There's a lot of things that don't take much effort but have a big positive impact on the round while you watch your shows after work. Even simply readying up for better modes is a big help. If you can trivially fit it in, why not? If you can help people instead of bringing the rounds down, why not? The quality of the server is a reflection of the actions of those populating it. You have a severe attitude and maturity problem.

Do you have a family or friends? Job, school? Some form of hobby outside of spess?

Yes, yes, yes, basketball with the boys at the gym alogn with the usual shows/music/games/books

>Has the decency to think about the well being of strangers.
Buh god he must have no life amirite!? HA HA Clearly everyone is just a self absorbed cunt like myself.
Fuck off and go be lonely somewhere else, you miserable cunt.

What would you be doing if you weren't playing SS13? Where do you see yourself?

That's like saying, what would you be doing if you weren't watching game of thrones or binging the office for the first time. It's even more funny cause it's not hard to barf out a round's worth of pills while you watch whatever.

Either at work on in class, they consume 14 hours of my day usually.

What's your favorite two games modes?

Autotraitor and malf

I can't play this game unless I commit to a 2hr+ round of intense no distractions no alt tab work as hard as I can no matter what job I play.

Cargo, med, eng, rnd, mining is fairly easy. Just chunk the job up into smaller goals and just settle at that. Things are still better than when you found it.

Foster is fucking up. He's declared himself a dictator and he's acting like a tyrant.

She*

It*

BringYourOwnBalaclava's and meet in the incinerator. It's time for an irish car bombing

it*

>you need access to use the R&D console
>there's no way around this
gas the coders

It's a two-line changes you big baby

Not quite true. You can emag it.

You can't save, wipe, lock, or eject without access. You can still use it if nobody listens to the RD and still doesn't lock it when not in use and you can still emag it in addition to bugging the sillycones

You should be able to build another R&D console and link it to that one.

You can just hack the server nerd.

I know that nigger. But when I use a screwdriver on it, it always turns invisible. Which is probably a bug.

Supposedly fixed by github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/16343
If not, make an issue you dumb pl*yer

Wehre's the issue
Wehre's the screenshots
I could fix this in 10 fucking minutes

It only happens when I build the RD server on the asteroid

That only fixed it being invisible to start with. Different issue.

Alright, so. Take me through this from the top

You are building a NEW rnd server from PRINTED parts on the asteroid
On completion, it is invisible?
When you screwdriver it, it's invisible?

On completion it's visible. When I open the maint hatch with screwdriver it's invisible.

Alright, now I want you to do it in-game, and take screenshots. Then the round after, click the bug report button. Fill out the exact means you did to cause it, verify that it's a recurring issue, and provide screenshots. It's weird cause the panel's usually an overlay

It's just because there is no sprite for the RD server in it's open hatch state.

Sorry to ruin the blob fun. I shouldn't have grabbed all the lasers and powergamed that hard, since blob overmind events are really fun.

Either you encounter a blob that knows how to powergame itself or you don't, and there's not much time to decide.

>tfw you finally get 150 potency grass and then the blob overmind event happens

It's for the best that you did, honestly.

Once a blob switches to macro, the only thing anyone can do is telebomb followed by a locker clowncar of guys with a bag of guns and toolbox of guns to all try and hose it and get out before the other blobs jump to and gank all of you.

>blob overmind events are really fun.
They're not, though. If someone(s) doesn't do what you did, then it always goes exactly one way, and that's the blob steamrolling. That's fun for the blob, probably, not so much everyone else.

>tfw havent' gotten blob in 3 years to do my meme strat

>Guy does bad thing
>Don't ahelp it
>Complain in thread instead
Errytime

>being a rulecuck

Errytime

>being an idiot

t. rulecuck

How do I get back into this game? I used to play a lot on D20 and stopped a bit before it shut down, but I've taken about a year break from spacemans since then, and it's really hard to get back into the game. I'm not nearly as robust as I once was, and it's a real pain to have to learn most of the game again, combined with having to learn the larger stations since I never played them. I was never super robust or anything to begin with, and I'm not motivated by valids, but I've had so much fun with this game in a way no other game can really deliver, so what should I do to help get myself back into it?

Stop wasting time on a shitty game.

Honestly, you should just quit. You can do a lot better than this. I would unrionically say get granblue fantasy and play it while jogging on the tradmill at the gym over this.

If you're hellbent on it, just stop trying to sprint a 70km marathon in under 5 minutes. Just explore the station for a round a couple times a week asking people if they want help or you to go find them something and you'll rapidly learn where everything is. Playing as an observer or as a mommi that doesn't touch people's shit is fine too There's maps both in the client you can download, holomaps generally in arrivals, and you can just follow the repo's readme to grab the database and pull it up in dreammaker as simple as unpacking the zip, opening byond, hitting ctrl-m, file→open, open the database, scroll down to maps, then just look. Depending on your usual play time, if you ask for help every so often, eventually there'll be someone who's jaded and kind of just rolling on intertia that'll take you under their wing IF you bother to read the wiki and assert yourself by asking questions so you actually learn. You'll pick jobs back up a bit at a time.

don't forget to always AHELP FUCKING EVERYTHING because you are a good little boy

Just play it ffs. Stop overcomplicating shit. I took a year break, came back, completely fine. How the fuck is it a 'real pain' to learn the game again? The game is simple as shit. Engineering is glorified lego, medical is simple maths, cargo is literally moving boxes 5 inches to a conveyer belt and clicking on them or, science is just a repetitive list of shit to click on, mining is walking into walls and sec is just stunning the other guy first.
The few at all complicated jobs are things barely anyone plays because they have next to no impact on the game thanks to being luck based or having rewards other jobs can get more of faster. No one is going to give a fuck if you suck at them. Or at any job, actually, except engineering if you singuloose. And if you ain't sure about that just ahelp, ask an admin 'will this kill everyone?', any decent admin will answer you and check it out.
I seriously wonder if people are playing the same game as me when they think there's anything complicated to relearn.

>tfw do this
feels good sempai

youtube.com/watch?v=WL-8rU8ltA4

Breaking news

The Admins of vgstation have decided that instead of banning people they will just use their IPs to track them down and kill them.

If you grief you are valid salad to irl killing.

It's good to keep griff down and all the admin has to do is type check-antagonists then ignore you

To be fair, if you can't follow a step by step singulo guide and all the vids out there, you have bigger problems than an admin banning you

>tfw your adminfu will never break down your door and search your place to find you
i want her to catch me user

I know how to make a singulo.

You just put the supermatter shard outside of the generator and turn it on

>tfw daddy pain lives up to his name

>You will never hear the *BANG *BANG *CRASH
>You'll never open the valve under your desk
>You'll never see your door blow open as your adminfu c4's the lock of your metal door
>You'll never see them strut up oh so confident they have you now
>You'll never embrace valhalla with your adminfu as your house becomes a smoldering crater
Feels youtube.com/watch?v=v1ieA-1vDEQ man

>Never setup singulo or SME
>Watch antags walk into engineering
>Realize they don't know how to set it up themselves
>Walk back out

How can you be too stupid to use the super matter shard.

You literally just click the crate and drag it.

>tfw you've watched that exact thing play out multiple times as AI and warden

Our top researchers have had countless debates but are no closer to unearthing how they are so bad

I dunno but its funny to see them realize the only thing setup is the AME and it doesn't make a big enough explosion to bother

Just move it to the HoPs backroom. AI's HATE this!

Of all the things I could possibly describe Medbay as, "maths" would never have come up in my head.
Have you ever played it?

Have we ever got our hands on goon chemistry? That's the only part I'm really interested in

We've had it for years and it's largely garbage

Yes. Chemistry is maths, surgery is just remembering which piece to put in which hole like those little toys you give to 3 year olds, cloning is just clicking a machine a few times and dna modding is in the latter category of 'no one will give the slightest fuck if you accomplish nothing all game'

there are people on this server who don't make chemsprayers full of lube for the clown every round

Not him but there is a little transformation in maximizing your batch yields when you're making pills

Where? And does it have the chems, too? Because you could make some interesting fucking recursive combinations with it.

Which servers have the best version of each job?
Silicons: us. positrons cost too much and are overy finnicky but our borgs are the most useful without having op shit like self-repair mods
mining: tg I guess
xenobio: tg again
medical: bay
any rp job: not us
etc

Any of the dumps
Yeah

>medical: bay
We're old baymed, new baymed is similar to Goon
I would also say we unironically have good RP tools for civilian jobs

All I have is one from 2016-03-02

What difference does tg even have for xenobio?

Griefing is shit, fuck off or enjoy your permaban when someone gets sick of it enough to pull your antag status and chem logs

But does bay have the PLASMA saw?

So basically the only part of medbay that is maths is chemistry and if you pooled a hundred people, about 90 of them would say it's memorization instead

They have a PHORON saw

Yeah and close to 99

>>What difference does tg even have for xenobio?
From what I remember
>You can talk to the slimes with something like ''hello slimes'' and they'll talk back if they like you. You can also use them like guard dogs with follow or attack, but this doesn't work reliably
>You have a console or two. You put cubes into it and can use it to remotely place monkeys, grab their corpses and place them on the recycler. You can also use it to grab slimes and move them into a dedicated cold room, wait for them to die and teleport them onto grinder.
>The rewards are just far greater than what we have, being much more unique instead of things other jobs can do or you can only use as antag. They have a larger variety in golems, access to materials only gained from xenobio, a syrum which lets you kill yourself to possess neutral mobs (the hardest to get), a bluespace blueprint which can mark rooms as valid for the purpose of your console, so an antag xenobio can warp people from the bar into a slime room, etc.
Its less tedious and far more rewarding.

>and if you pooled a hundred people, about 90 of them would say it's memorization instead
more like 99

there is nothing difficult about ss13

it's for 59IQ autists

Either way the point is its simple as fuck is the point. Pretty much all the jobs are repetitive enough you can boil them down to memorization. The exceptions are just memorization but you also have to get lucky

truly a sophisticated game for sophisticated adults such as myself

For medbay, the setup is just memorisation, but the rest is actually knowing how and when to react to stuff

>sec is memorization
>any head is memorization
>trader is memorization
>clown is memorization
>mechanic is memorization
hmm

>RP is important goys!!!!!!
>light-RP server
really makes you think