/2hug/ - Touhou General #95

Previous thread: Dumb smelly neet edition

>So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Where should I start?
The games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there. Some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway.

1: Arkanoid's drunk abusive cousin.
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5, 15.5: Fighting games.

The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist. Once you're done with the main series you can move on to the fangames, of which some are of excellent quality.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/ (For separate game downloading)

nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>Touhou Project Official Material Reading/Playing Guide
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>Game running at 30000FPS? Game screen size not to your liking? Experiencing some input lag? Download Vpatch and apply it.
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Game_Tools_and_Modifications#Vsync_Patches

>eraTohoK (plus other era games)
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou 16 and 15.5 on steam! Please support the official release.
store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/

store.steampowered.com/app/716710/_Antinomy_of_Common_Flowers/

>1cc charts! (Updated for AoCF)
imgur.com/a/Mkl4Q

>PoFV and Soku Netplay Guide! (Needs your help!)
imgur.com/a/ZCGuE

>Fangames pastebin (Contains a fixed version for game breaking bug in FMW2)
pastebin.com/Jc2e0wLm

Touhou!? A videogame!?

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/jp/thread/S11934469
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Miracle_Chou_Party_-Sanae_to_Tenshi_no_Gensou_Labyrinth-
dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ187154.html
m.youtube.com/watch?v=UTkSWlbd0oc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Amanojacute

I want to cum on your wife's face, dude.

More Tenshi fangames when?

Coming on the face of evil's incarnation? That sounds dangerous.

But you can't

Seija is an angel

She already has Tenjou no Tempest and Generic 3D Chinkshit, what more do you need?

>FS placed 7th
>voting for FS

A fallen angel, that is.

U.N owen was her is overrated shit

And water is wet.

A qt

add Hartmann's Youkai Girl to that list
plus Septette for the Dead Princess

Let's add your shit taste too.

Where is /ourboy/?

Difference with remis theme is that it’s actually good and didn’t need that many retarded memes to make its rise

sorry buddy, but TRUE ADMINISTRATOR is objectively the best song.

Shion coming in at #15 is something, she's basically debuted at the same rank Hata no Kokoro did when she was introduced. The question is whether Shion will have any staying power.

Sagume is the most popular newhu in the last 6 years who debuted at #14 but her popularity has fallen off a cliff edge. As opposed to Kokoro who is still almost just as popular as when she was introduced.

Dropped 6 places to #66

Two spots above Mamizou.

>Was here is overrated shit.

Like, it used to be overrated, but it's good now?

>A literal meme is still more popular than the tanookek
You can't make this shit up

I was about to make a reply along the lines of "Sorry if people don't like your no name track like True Administrator or whatever", but this makes it a lot more hilarious.

Yuyu is in a very comfy rank now

>TRUE ADMINISTRATOR is objectively the best song.

I gave yuyu a vote. She’s the best ghost and helps eiki

>51

Nobody likes cats

So close to a top 50 spot for orn

Twin braids a shit

>Reading doujin
>See pic related
What a great way to make my boner disappear.

off by one

I was looking back at the /jp/ thread for the 2014 popularity poll where Koishi took the top 3 by the balls and never let go. Past us didn't have much more idea how she got so popular than present us. Here's the link if you want to reminisce about a time when /jp/ wasn't a ghost town.

warosu.org/jp/thread/S11934469

>1) Reimu
You know. I might genuinely despise her as a character. But i honestly can't fault people that actually like Touhou for voting on the lead. Even if it is the pleb choice.
>2) Marisa
While she really isn't any more sympathetic than Reimu. She is a lot more likeable. So i feel she deserves this spot.
>3) Koishi
I l haven't played any of the fighting games she's in, or her extra stage. So i basically have no opinions of her
>4) Youmu
I will never understand why people like Youmu. She's basically just a more boring version of Sakuya.
>5) Sakuya
Should be higher than Youmu. Otherwise no objections.
>6) Flandre
Grass grows. The sky is blue. Flandre is popular. Not special here.
>7) Remilia
Same as above.
>8) Satori
I think some people just have a mind reading fetish.
>9) Alice
Again, business as usual.
>10) Mokou
Nice to see my favorite Touhou is still technically in the top 10. I wonder if the new fighting game helped.

same here
i love bjs to the point it's my #1 fetish
but this shit just ruins so many fucking pics and doujins
it's fucking infuriating

Why is Reimu so popular in nipland?
Almost nobody likes her here. Are we missing something from the translation?

Youmu is cute
Who the hell dislikes Reimu? Sure not many people have her as their favorite, but you don't see too many people ever disliking her. In fact, she's consistently in peoples' top 10s.

For me it's ugly dudes that ruin the doujin, if I see a fat fuck or ugly bastard I immediately close the doujin before my boner is anymore ruined.

probably because she's basically seen as the mc of 2hu
dumb shites flock to that

>Youmu is cute.
I guess. If you like (half) dead girls.

>Who the hell dislikes Reimu?
Personally. I absolutely despise her. Mostly because Reimu completely lacks any redeeming qualities. But i'll admit i'm probably in the minority with that opinion.

I think he's talking about the people who like her because
>muh silver haired samurai waifu
When in reality she's just a dork

People don't like her for several reasons like her being lazy, hypocrite, a youkai shrine maiden, a no fucks given crimson slasher, her being poor for her own fault and let's not forget the poor Fortune Teller who got split in half. Personally, I used to despise her due to all the bad shit he does but now I've started to appreciate her as an antihero.

>On the hunt to find obscure but great Touhou fangames for fun
>On DL Site
>Get ridiculous shit like this

Oh boy this is going to take a while.

>Momiji
>19
Even as the Momiji fag from last thread this upsets me. This isn't right.

I know, she should be waaay lower

We live in the age of memes.

Now I'm on to something, here's a screen from a SRPG Touhou I found, has some nice art going for it.

I'm really sure that neither /pol/tards nor the secondary 2hu posters from other boards voted on the poll. I bet that most don't even know that Momiji comes from Touhou so it's pretty much just Japan having bad taste.

What's a SRPG?

She has never been this popular before either. I doubt awoo fags had anything to do with this poll but the meme is still there and probably affected Japanese pollers regardless. On hand I'm happy because my wife gets more content made for her but on the other this disgusts me deeply because this shouldn't happen and I'm still upset about the election meme.

Maybe it being the year of the dog has something to do with it.

>I will never understand why people like Youmu. She's basically just a more boring version of Sakuya.

First, there's a great deal of difference in the two, characterwise. While they have similar gimmicks in a couple area's, their skillsets and the meaning behind them differ vastly. Namely, that sakuya has a god level cheat for a power, and that youmu doesn't actually have an ability to speak of, short of myon and her capability to manifest energy. It gives youmu much more of a hard worker vibe than sakuya, since youmu's "Ability" was something taught and trained.

Second, comparatively to sakuya, she's much more earnest in how she goes about things, where-as sakuya always has this sorta snarkiness to her, even when interacting with the SDM crew.

Third, Short, white haired bob cuts are fucking adorable. She's basically the only relevant person in the series with a straight up short bob cut, which probably helps a lot. The only competition i can think of is akyuu.

Fourth, she's the only person that can be called an outright swordsman in the series, as in someone practiced in swordsmanship. Tenshi swings randomly and relies more on the keystone and energy, miko's sword is used more for its abilities than actual swordsmanship, and momiji is basically irrelevant. Youmu's the only one that hits this specific niche with little overlap elsewhere.

TL;DR, she manages to hit a lot of niches that no other character in the series quite hits upon, with the exception of the "Hard worker" thing overlapping with marisa and cirno. Also, being a playable and recurring character helps her a lot.

She isn't, it's rigged.

This isn't even the worst case of proportions/anatomy i've seen.

Strategy RPG like the fire emblem or super robot wards games.

Those peaches are absurd.

Also Reisen's skirt

Like I said, not even the worst of it.

THIS is the peak.

This is not even terrible, except her arms are weird.

I mean, remember Eirin from IN?

More importantly, is this an H game? Kind of looks like one.

I guese i can understand that. But i still just find her kind of bland. I like the whole "cutting reality to create bullets" thing she has going on. And i find her a decent foil for Yuyuko. But outside of that, i just don't see anything there.

It probably doesn't help that her boss fight has been the bane of my existence for at least two decades.

*One decade.

I mean, Perfect Cherry Blossom wasn't even out in 1998.

She is the main character

Super RPG

>I found a Touhou Dokapon game
>Dokapon Kingdom is my favorite party game of all time
>Only 86 downloads, so obscure even in japan despite it being only 8 bucks
>But the game actually looks good
>Untranslated but the autotranslator might pick up on it

But it doesn't seem like buying it is the best option, oh well the search continues.

I think even ZUN art looks better than that

It wasn't even in the H games section, but it could have some mild nudity in it I guess.

Here's my opinion.

Youmu is fucking cool!

Hey guys can someone explain why I get bullied when I say UFO is hard?

>Blue eyed Marisa
checked

>Aunn scoring so low
I told you her design was bad. Like most characters in HSiFS.

because it isn't, duuuh
get bullied, scrub

Because you have a victim mentality.

LoLK Marisa edits still baffle me. I wish those were the new Yukkuris

It's only hard on Hard and above, but you aren't good enough for that.
Hard mode players aren't easily bullied scrubs.

I really doubt that people place that much tought process when picking her as their favorite 2hu, they'll probably just see her dorkish personality, her swordmanship and her silver haircut. But those are pretty good points on why Youmu is a nice 2hu.

Don't forget the PCB bias, which is far less obvious than EoSD bias, but still exists.

>Found a nice fangame cover
>It's the only fucking image on the site page with no demo link so I can't even tell what kind of game it is
>But it has 5/5 stars out of 96 user ratings

This is as bad as escape closing the game, why do nips do this?

IN was my first touhou game and I'm hopelessly biased in favor of it. You could pick worse games than eosd and pcb to be biased in favor of.

>blue eyes Marisa
That's basically just Alice posing as Marisa, isn't it?

I can barely tell them apart sometimes.

en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Miracle_Chou_Party_-Sanae_to_Tenshi_no_Gensou_Labyrinth-

Man, even the fortune teller gets his own fangame, sadly this is also the only pic on the page.

Ah so it's a rougelike game, thanks for the link man.

That actually looks pretty fun.

Can you post a link to this one?

Maybe I should ask the guys over at Moriyashrine to buy some of these games and upload them.

dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ187154.html

540 Yen. If you're feeling gutsy I'd appreciate a playthrough of it.

>Gensokyo 's Youkai Iron' s Code
>1, Escape from youkai shrine maiden and collect "jealous items" and collect power.
>2, Do not hurt human beings. If you break promises you touch the reverse scales of youkai shrine maidens.
>3, If you keep the above matters and do the stage, you can become the strongest youkai! What?
>Now let 's quit human beings together.
That description is fucking fantastic, but the game doesn't seem to be worth $5.

I wanna do lewd things to Marisa dressed in Alice's clothes

This one actually looks like a good game, seems to be in a good metroidvania format. Even has updgrades and everything.

There's even a demo link too, so you know what's coming up next.

I've probably bookmarked about half a dozen of these games including that one. I'll ask around Moriyashrine and other doujin game uploading sites and see if they'll take the plunge.

stop it user.
That isnt true, all songs are best song

Marisa at number 2 isnt bad

>71
Oh well, at least she’s number one in my heart.

>"demo" is just a video showcasing the characters and a tiny portion of gameplay

Dammit nips.

boot 2 big back up.

Wait, who's the real true administrator?

>Been browsing for a few hours
>Only in the 2015 section for games

Goddamn I'm having way too much fun here.

This one is in a visual novel plus steampunk format as the description says. But goddamn if this isn't the most comfy boxart I've seen.

Jesus fucking christ I can't stop laughing at this boxart holy shit.

I'll delete in a minute as I know it's not 2hu related.

>en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Miracle_Chou_Party_-Sanae_to_Tenshi_no_Gensou_Labyrinth-
If this is eve translated, I have very high hopes for this game:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=UTkSWlbd0oc
Skip to 8:30, assuming you don't mind, hmm, "spoilers", since it's one of possible endings.

Welp, just 1CC Perfect Cherry Blossom on Normal for the first time. I have to say, even though i remember this game being a absolute nightmare as a teenager. I found it far easier than Embodiment, a game i already managed to 1CC years ago. Youmu and Yuyuko were still a absolute shitshow though.

It probably helped that i was playing as Sakuya A. I mean, that shotype combined with 4 bombs whenever you die. That's just ridiculously good.

Great job user, now do it with a proper shottype.

Well if you want to keep the SakuyaA shottype, you can just do what I did and try it again on Hard, the difficulty will balance everything out.

Fuck that, go beat Ran and Yukari now

Is that what I think it is?

me

Prove it, show me some miko lewds.

I intend to. With Reimu B, to be precise. If only because i think i'll have a easier time clearing Extra/Phantasm with Reimu than Sakuya. Four bombs be damned.

If i ever try the game on hard. I'm absolutely going to use Sakuya A. I don't think i would ever get past Youmu, let alone Yuyuko, without it.

I might try it a few times tomorrow. I'm also still trying to clear Flandre though. And that takes precedent.

You need to play the game on multiple difficulties to unlock Phantasm anyway.