/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, with a fall 2018 PC release.
↳Third PS4 beta with a bonus Nergigante quest is underway until the 22nd. Get hunting!
↳A Limited Edition Rathalos PS4Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Elder Dragons + Deviljho: youtube.com/watch?v=lmwxyM3sPwc
↳Full 2018 Winter Event Livestream: youtube.com/watch?v=FuxxrCmLi58
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Moveset Changes: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

prev. thread:

Huntresses

KAISER GIRLS

Threadly reminder that waifufags need to be befriended and honored.
No exceptions.

Post solo Hunting Horn Nergigante times.

this

New Stream on smash cast, the report guy is already there.

how the fuck do you people play SA? I don't get it, shit's so clunky and I'm barely hitting anything

>barely smart enough to use the GS
>they add another move which essentially doubles the amount of moves you use
they couldve tried to ease me in to this by spreading the inclusion of the charge over like four games or something.

Keep it up, currently there's literally no good footage of SA out, and I've been trying myself.

What the fuck are you on about

Think you're supposed to constantly switch back to axe whenever the monster moves. There's a radical thing you can do if you're in sword mode. Roll forward and hit R and you'll do a rolling transition into axe mode that covers some good distance, then you can morph right back into sword mode.

UR A FAGET

Stop posting about it then ffs

is neg immune to traps or something?

hes an elder so yes

learn to optimize meter build and switching between modes. discharge when appropriate

elder dragon

have they said if slime/bomb is coming back? I want my motherfucking explosion hammer

Still haven't givin up hope that Tiggy or Narga might still be in the post-game...

Anyone up for a non-retard Nergigante party?

Elder dragons are immune to traps

Legiana a cute

Has the Rathian set always looked so perfect?

Bow, sns and CB are all kick on sight weapons correct? I don't want to play with spam-fags.

It doesn't matter, the guy is someone from the frog community that hate the streamer, say he's a cheater or something and he will follow him were he goes and report him, he has ways to now were the guy is going without checking this general.

>Invite cousin over to show him MH
>Might as well go for a Giga Nigga run
>Fight going really well
>Better than I've ever done before
>Excited that I might actually break the 9' curse for SA
>Prepare to bragpost on /mhg/
>12 minutes
Then I remembered that I spent the first 2-3 minutes showing my cousin around the map and explaining stuff. Please subscribe.

Not on the list™

looks good, but barely like its from rathian.

What items should I be using the most? I just use the demon pills and para sling

Reminded reminder that anyone who believes this is a literal gay that unironically likes bara.

that's the rath set? god damn that's slick, I'd like to see more of the monster's parts in the design, but that's still nice

There's Blast coatings and Teo is coming back

Its all good. You can just stream on smashcast again since its so easy to make another account

Why is her pussy upside down?

It always looked sick. A shame it's always overshadowed by Rathalos armor/weapons

>yfw when the list™ was just the first page

That is the gen 1 rathian armour design. Used to be that most armours were chain/plate with monster parts to enhance it, not just fursuits made of the monster's hides.

So Legiana uses the Malfestio skeleton, and the roar is a sped up Amatsu?
That's pretty lame.

>>barely smart enough to use the GS
What the fuck?

6NXP4EatvdJQ nerg

What situation would you use the HBG machine gun over the snipe? It feels like the snipe is better in every way

It's literally the gen 1 armor. Most of the armor sets have gone back to gen 1 and 2 designs. The director is a full on grandpa.

Post frog link lads

error

error

monster lays low for awhile the damage ramps up the longer you hit it to a certain point

woah

so, you ARE gonna be maining best weapon in World, right?

7aPkQXH3BnRX

Nerg for now. Will switch to rath or blos if anyone wants to.

smashcast tv vaincenthofmannlapute

parameter

I wish. I doubt WG will even double the roster.

ofc

fuck, the J is lowercase. my bad

No, but I am maining the only other weapon free from the 'spam 1 anime move' curse

It's one of the few weapons that actually has more than one worthwhile move, so yeah.

How do I get better with the longsword? Any specific attack combo tips or openers? Anything at all really. It feels so vastly different from MH Tri.

>legiana oneshots through bone armor
jesus

Wont World have a transmog feature?

Wrong weapon, lad.

I felt like I got the most done when I used the hammer in the beta. Swings feel heavy and the impact is just UNNFF

>talking about CB but posting trash-tier weapons

>combine all the best features of my favourite weapon from different games
>don't make a blunder like they did with its MVs in Gen
>make the same blunder they made with it in Gen with every other weapon instead
>lance is now the most patrician weapon by like ten times the margin
god bless

that was pretty funny

Alright let's try this again. Fucking game glitched on me

WHw4BX8frfk

Nerg. Let me know if you wanna do rath or diablos.

you've just gotta use a different weapon

For the xth time no it will not. Right now only the preorder armor is cosmetic.
The paid microtransactions will also be cosmetic.

12'47"
I'm dumb and forgot to save a screenshot with the time

I used to main hammer in gen 2 & 3, but now that the current style of designing new monsters is making them spastic retards that pretty much teleport without any build-up for their animations, no thanks. Switched to lance when gen 4 came around. Will still be using hammer on the older monsters where I can actually read their movements.

what songs does that hh play

6NXP4EatvdjQ fixed

Did you think no one would notice that...?

it plays real bangers

My first Monster Hunter (newfag I know), and after playing the beta, Lance and Hammer are my go to weapons of choice.

hammer feels great in high def with the better sound/hitstop effects, plus it has all the best aspects of the adept style from X right out the box, gonna main it for the entire game without a doubt

i finally fucking did it with solo gs

i've played mh since ps2 era, why am i so garbage at it now

did they nerf nergi overnight

i wrecked him today

Oh that's nice them, at least now i can watch the stream without worry while i play the beta.
Holy shit HBG is a monster what a hell.

It's one of the few weapons that Capcom didn't fuck up.

getting bored of great sword, what's the most FUN weapon that isn't too hard to learn

I'll be making a Nerg room in a minute for those interested.

Welcome to the masterrace.

Standard White Red Blue. Self Improvement, Attack Boost, Defense Boost, Health Boost, and Wind Negation.

If you upkeep anything besides Attack Boost, though, don't expect to solo kill in time. Gotta keep that pressure on.

literally the patrician combo, nice taste user

Legiana looks so weak for how cool it looks. I am guessing it is a 3 star monster?

I'm bad and am trying to do the last mission in the Beta. Any tips? I tend to gravitate towards lance or dual daggers

>naturally patrician
congrats

More monsters should.

So MHW confirmed for not being casual? Streamer keeps getting annihilated and he's still just in LR.

Yep, I love being able to use the adept power charge on demand. It is what made me decide to main hammer now, switching from GS.

>the patricians choice award

What have been your most favorite weapon changes?

Mine: Everything about my Gunfu.
>Evade after shelling
>Forward hops
>Quick reload entire clip
>Wyvernstake is love
>All those explosion effects
>Metal GL looks like pure sex in HD
>That new wide slash!
I can't wait to see how wide and long behave and look.

Why the fuck do they all sit in bone armor instead of getting better gear

Any weapon other than hammer is for homos

He is shit and only using bone armor.

NERG ROOM 6zhACcirjMnn NERG ROOM