/twg/ - Total War General

Never Ever Edition

Total War: Three Kingdoms announced, release Fall 2018:
[YouTube] Total War: THREE KINGDOMS - Announcement Cinematic (embed)

Total Warhammer 2 Info:
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Tomb Kings Campaign Tactics
totalwar.com/blog/tomb-kings-patch-notes
totalwar.com/blog/tomb-kings-roster-reveal
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER 2 - Tomb Kings Trailer
store.steampowered.com/app/617870
academy.totalwar.com/warhammer2/

Thrones of Britannia Info:
totalwar.com/blog/anglo-saxon-unit-rosters
totalwar.com/blog/anglo-saxon-england
[YouTube] Total War: Thrones of Britannia - Alfred The Great Trailer
store.steampowered.com/app/712100/Total_War_Saga_Thrones_of_Britannia/

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

Last thread:Screenshot sharing and campaignposting encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9-gSJW3sHXE
youtube.com/watch?v=MiYaz_MBjIk
youtube.com/watch?v=Vpmiq8sTH0k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Isn't there a Jewish community in China?

DoW1 voice acting

China is fuckin' gay

nigga you fucked the op up bad boi

spiky bois all up in this shizzle my nizzle for rizzle

I want the voice acting of Total war to be in video form

Do Arabyans throw Bretonnian knights from rooftops when they capture them?

Beware the alien. The mutant. The heretic.

Just started using 4chanx last week, didn't realize it fucked with the links, I just removed the (embeds)

Even though I love Lizardmen, I have to agree. Tactics right now are mostly

1. Select entire army
2. CHARGE

I need my Flamethrower Lizards.

>I just removed the (embeds)
So you fucked up twice in the same OP? Great job nigga

>THE STATE OF FANTASY
*BREATH IN*

> Chaos gods get their own divided "races" but share several aspects
> each one gets their own variant of Chaos lords, heroes, marauders, warriors, chosen, knights, bestigors, and giants
> Daemonic units, heralds, and lords are all purchased through "Favor" currency
> Boons (rituals) also use Favor and vary between them, except that each has a ritual which is used to add Greater Daemons to the lords pool
> campaign objectives involve defeating your rivals, opening a Chaos rift which slashes Favor prices, and summoning one of the four Exalted Greater Daemons as endgame legendary lords

> Skarbrand + Valkia
> Bloodletters, Bloodcrushers, Skullcrushers, Flesh Hounds, Skull Cannons, Blood Thrones, Bloodbeast, Slaughterbrute
> some mortal units have the "berserk" ability
> Skulls for the Skull Throne builds with every individual enemy slain by your forces, granting bonuses to your faction as a whole; each lord and hero is also tallied for their contribution, leveling up a special trait which makes them stronger in combat
> three bonus quests unlock single-champion regiments: Karanak, Xathrodox, Anfingrimm

> Ku'gath + Festus
> Plague Zombies, Nurglings, Plaguebearers, Beasts of Nurgle, Plague Toads, Pox Riders, Plague Drones, Pox Knights, Plaguebeast
> campaign bonuses are gained by spreading diseases using heroes, sacking settlements, and fighting

> N'kari + Dechala
> Daemonettes, Fiends, Hellstriders, Seekers, Pleasureseekers, Seeker Chariots, Hellflayers
> campaign bonuses are gained by diminishing the amount of Elven settlements and armies; exterminating all grants max bonuses
> special building chain recruits Dark Elf units

> Kairos + Vilitch
> Horrors, Flamers, Screamers, Burning Chariots, Firewyrm, Chaos Dragon
> special Changeling hero can copy other heroes on the map, gaining their stats and redirecting negative diplomatic actions to the faction owning the copied hero
> one boon lets you re-roll the global winds of magic distribution

default is just a link with the (embed)s, nigga

I want CA to get the relic voice acting team to do some work.

Wanna start a campaign as the empire, but also want to wait for the patch to drop.
Someone save me from this man made hell

Do NOT remove (embed)s
(embed)s bring life

You don't remove the embeds and you end up with
>link (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

Why are chaos gods so capable? What the fuck are the other gods doing

More (embed)s = More better

Wow, imagine if they had that shit instead of Ogres and Chorfs. I wouldn't even buy 3.

>Chaos gods
>capable
kek

It pains me that TWW doesn't have voiceline videos like DoW has. The only thing I've found was a few Franz lines.

It would be perfect if they got them to voice Chaos divided and brought the Khorne Berserkers in.

Imagine the DoW demon prince getting in.

They're powerful because they're indirectly empowered by pretty much all the races.

OUR DEATHS

WILL BE MAGNIFICENT!!

Hey, they got their way in the end, didn't they?

>Do you agree to share your personal information blah blah blah
>No
>Fuck you then

Fastest survey ever.

Only if it sells more toys.

imagine if they gave chaos this tier of voice acting
youtube.com/watch?v=9-gSJW3sHXE

I have difficulties attributing that to the capabilities of Chaos instead of GW wanting to kill everything to replace it with the most atrocious setting there ever was.

How many fields can you type "BANNERMEN and OFFICERS" in?

a few :^)

>Filled out the survey
>Tells me my demographic's opinion isn't necessary at the current time
I was displeased

what's that mod called that makes your vassals not hate you when realm divide happens

>Skarbrand, Ku'gath, N'Kari, Kairos

I've never liked the idea of these guys coming in as LLs. Having these monstruosities as immortal units from turn 1 is way too much, and speaking in terms of lore AKA the bore, you would need a storm of magic or the End Times in full swing to maintain these insane fuckers in the material plane for longer than a day.

They could and should still be in, but fitting a Sarthorael spot. Skulltaker, Epidemius, The Changeling and The Masque are more reasonable choices while still being pretty strong visually.

GREAT GREEN PROPHET

I think the game has a ton of good voice acting as is, problem is you don't really need characteristic unit send offs ala DoW so much as you need audio cues to tell you what you're using because the average TW player can't tell if they clicked on spears or swords

There's a ton of neat lines for who they're fighting or what's happening, I just wish they were a bit more present, Vlad even has lines for clicking him while he's busy killing shit

The absolutely greatest tier of VA.

Mount and blade player here. im new to the TW community.

What is the juiciest drama that has ever happened in this community? In mount and blade for example it was when we found out that Grunwalder was LARPing about his whole life and faked his death for internet sympathy. The devs even named a castle after him ingame.

youtube.com/watch?v=MiYaz_MBjIk

>yfw you hear him in TWW3

lol get fucked rice boy

>First time I ever heard that video
>First guy starts freaking out
>Think it sounds hilarious
>Shit starts to escalate
>When the guys starts to summon the Bloodthirster I'm actually frightened
>Realize just what a fucking nightmare these guys are once they start going full KILL MAIM BURN KILL MAIM BURN
>Wonder if suicide would be an option once the last guy starts talking about drowning the galaxy in blood

CLEANSE.
PURGE.
KILL.

DoW1 voice acting was the best voice acting for anything warhammer related ever.

>we want your opinion
>okay
>but no, not really

Thanks CA.

DIS PEAR
FOR I AM THE END OF DAYS

I meant capable as they being able to plop in several of their lords and units into the world.

Ah that makes sense I guess.

So this is the stuff fantasy players find compelling?

Oh boy.

Settra starts with a Warsphinx, Khatep with a Herotitan.

Just give them shitty starting units, and there's no problem.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vpmiq8sTH0k

Gonna call bullshit.

fantasoy isn't a meme

What do you find compelling?

To be honest... receiving (You)s.

>end of gays

wew lad, old games were pretty homophobic

Well, here's your (You), fellow user.

>'' CA: Warhammer Total war series is the most comprehensive Warhammer game ever

>Leaves out numerous iconic units from various armies.

the great gatsby

What can I say? It as a different time, before they locked up Raimi for that infamous scene.

I aim to please

Fuck, that's great.

Nice.

wew

I want to breed Morathi

Such as?

Even if they did leave out multiple iconic units it still wouldn't make that statement untrue. What other game would you say is more comprehensive in adapting Warhammer?

And that's just absolutely amazing.

Ghorgon.

Everyone needs to complain about it in the survey.

When is the new fantasy TW?

>The day I had to put Bloodwind down remains both the greatest and saddest day of all my years. I tried to explain to my Lord that he hadn't meant it, that if the miserable peasant brat hadn't run, all would've been well. But once the squalling peasant sped away in fear, Bloodwind thought he was prey. That is perhaps, my fault. I allowed him to hunt one too many criminals I suspect. Ah, well. My Lord's lady was deeply offended, tender soul that she is, and I was forced to make recompense to the family with a small purse. She stated that it was not enough and that I had to give them Bloodwind's head. Sorrowing, I agreed. I took it myself and fairly, too. He saved my life so many times on the battlefield, I thought it only fit that he be given one last chance to fight for his life. I covered my features in another's helmet and doused my armour in Pegasus' blood so that he wouldn't hesitate upon realizing it was I. The fight was as no other I had ever been in. Only then, as he ripped at me with an arrow's speed, did I feel a hint of what my foes must have felt for all the years that I rode them down upon his back. It was glorious. But still, I had the mastery for as magnificent as he was, strategy is not a Hippogriffs fine point."

>Due to the beast's honorable nature, Deathclaw frequently flies freely above the capital-city of Altdorf, returning dutifully to his cage come nightfall, much to the relief of the capital's citizenry.

The absolute STATE of """Royal""" Hippogryphs.

when will CA stop making fantasoy games and return to real shit

>Accidentally move Orion into Talsyn while something is building
>Immediately gets the useless fucking Builder trait

MY SOCKS PROVE MY WORTH

I WILL HAVE SO MUCH HEAD FOR THIS

>Putting down a hippogryph just because it ate a peasant

That doesn't sound like Bretonnia

It's more that it ate a peasant child in front of a noble lady.

>Hippogryph

Thank fuck, I thought the story was about a Gryphon. Fuck Hippogryphs.

>TFW empire wizards will never screech "WITNESS YOUR DOOM!"

So? Still just a peasant.

It offended his Lord's Lady

Probably got child guts all over her nice new dress.

Eh, atleast one of the Bright Wizards is hammy as fuck.

Are you fucking retarded? Have you seen Mark of Chaos and DOW. They left out twice as much shit. TWW is the most comprehensive.

Long time it took for someone to make this image even though Malekith's quote is direct reference to this very scene.

Walk softly and carry a big gun

I saved the pic more than a month ago.

THE THRONG IS MUSTARD

>Total War Warhammer Survey
>Would you like to see:
>Third person battle mode
>Ability to fully build and customize armies
>Horde survival mode
So /twg/ are you looking forward to a third person fully customize-able lord playing in a coop horde survival mode in Warhammer 3?

History!

What is the best knightly order and why is it the Blazing Sun?

But that's not history

How easy is it to mod Total War games? If I have no previous modding experience how difficult would it be to e.g reskin a beastman horde, replace the lords/units/buildings with VC stuff and make a vampire count faction with the horde mechanics?

I WILL SEND SCHWARZHELM IN MY STEAD

This sounds plausible, fucking inconsiderate peasants.

>Be Altdorf citizien
>Just minding your own shit, returning from the market
>You know this shortcut to your house, a smallish alleyway that doesn't see a lot of traffic
>You turn the corner
>You stumble into a gigantic wall of feathers and muscle
>Look up
>It's fucking Deathclaw
>It's looking at you with a glint in it's eyes as you're frozen in place
>Starts to lower it's head towards you
>You start to shit your pants
>Gives you a small tap with his (gigantic) beak on your shoulder
>He's looking at the basket of fresh fish you got from the market right now
>Oh
>Give him one
>Deathclaw eats it with joyous glee
>Walks out of the alleyway and flies up
>You see him fly off into the distance and towards the imperial palace

That's easy, flaming lances and awesome plumage.

>"We want the Dawn of War II audience"

What the fuck is CA even doing? Haven't they learned their lesson from Total War Arena?

>vampire count faction with the horde mechanics?
There are mods that let you play any ingame horde faction, there might be a vampire one somewhere