Women

Are women boring conversationally due to a historic lack of education which subsequently failed to pass down the generations or is it because they are just dumb fucking women?

Other urls found in this thread:

vanityfair.com/culture/2007/01/hitchens200701
youtube.com/watch?v=ixt9ApnY5qQ
youtu.be/0P_j7Wtb9O4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Maybe you just ain't good at talking to women.

Women are made to be aesthetically entertaining. Nothing less, nothing more.

Female comedians are also fucking horrible, I've yet to listen to one that isn't catastrophically unfunny.

Find better friends/women.

No they are just imbeciles that love to talk about human beings and simple nonsense, women are painful to listen to me in a conversation.

You're talking to the wrong women about the wrong things. Once you graduate highschool and get out of whatever pond you're paddling in, you'll meet some intelligent women you can have a conversation with, assuming you're not some blushing autist.

Hitchens wrote an good article about this.

vanityfair.com/culture/2007/01/hitchens200701

I've heard a good amount.

Classic.

>OP asks a general question about a general group of people
>first reply is a personal attack

Not even OP btw.

There is more historically educated women than men.

Hitchens? Oh my...
>>>/reddit/

You can be good at talking to women and they can still be boring conversationally.

Women are shit at conversation all they do is talk about people its fucking disgusting.

OP wasn't providing anything I couldn't see anytime on /r9k/. This is a board to talk about history and (unfortunately) humanities, not to ree about women.

youtube.com/watch?v=ixt9ApnY5qQ

OP here.

I have dated dozens of women, been in relationships with several and been in long-term relationships with two women.

You are the highschooler pretending to be the educated pickup artist.

Kill yourself.

I asked a genuine question in the first part, the second half was more of a joke to end the sentence off with a dash of *ting* a la carte.

20 seconds in and already cringing

I've personally had some very interesting conversations with both men and women, but that may just be because I try to only talk to smart people.

Have you ever actually had a conversation with a woman and learned something that she told you from her own sought out interest and not because she was either;

A) taught it by another man
B) taught it in education
C) saw a youtube video/article

We interact with women for sex and other basic things. Out of necessary. So we find them boring because they have to go beyond to have our attention concerning anything sex and other basic things and fail.

A successful conversation relies on both the individual ability of each participant to engage the other as well as their overall compatibility which encompasses a whole range of sub-factors.

Many people of both genders lack these skills, particularly during teenage years and young adulthood, due to the absence of opportunity, willingness or need to practice them. For young women it's often because they are pursued simply because of their looks and youth by men who don't care about their conversational ability anyway. For males it's often because fear of rejection and ridicule leads to anxiety which shuts down proper cognitive processing which leads ot failure, which leads to a negative feedback loop when it stops them from trying in future.

Classic
>someone replies to open
>ignore op post to personally attack replier

Hey, op sounds like a kid or someone with little social ability. It's on him to demonstrate otherwise. But that's just one man's opinion

Damn, trainwreck.
*Out of necessity
*concerning anything other than sex

I'm 30 and most women I encountered are fucking horrible to talk to. It's either water cooler debates about weather and kids or some political horseshit she's deeply invested in yet does not understand. There was one woman I had a fruitful convo about Cornelius van Til and that's it, literally one woman in 30 years of my life.

The point is whether OP is autistic or not is completely irrelevant to the topic, which is about women and not about OP.

>ask question and get "hur dur you're a virgin replies instead"

Go back to where you came from. Answer the question or kill yourself.

Yes

The reason people are attacking the OP is because his statement does not match up with the lived experience of the majority of mature people, therefore the only thing leading him to his conclusion is either personal failings or personal opinions.

Lol women are stupid and not as smart as men amirite?!?!?? Haha us men are so much better in every conceivable way it's not even funny EXCEPT IT IS HAHA
Kill yourselves

GIRUGAMESH

Well, yeah.

Life ain't some bizzaro Wikipedia. How the fuck do I know where someone learned something unless they say I was reading a book about the Pakistani Nuclear program, did you know their Nuclear Weapons Program is called "the Islamic Bomb"?

Because there's no evolutionary benefit for women to be interesting.

There is one for a male who is otherwise physically unattractive.

Fucking retard.

You don't realise that people's opinions and thoughts are a summation of their lived experiences?

OP's question is entirely legitimate if that is his lived experience. It is up to YOU who has experienced the opposing experience to explain your view, not to discount OP's side simply because YOU yourself have a different life.

Same experience here basically. Would estimate 1/75 women are good conversationalists and also have enough knowledge to back it up

It is because men lack of the goods women have, why do women have to bother about things surrounding them that are not relevant to their natural born looks?

Most people are boring. The guys at my work like: Cars, Football, and Star Wars. Sometimes I can talk about classic tv or movies with some Boomers, but forget politics or history or C&R. All the gun owners are Fudds.

Just because internet atheists like him, that doesn't discount his views, the majority of which were outside that box.

Fuck the losers in this thread who claim they've had interesting conversations with women on a regular basis.

Either provide evidence or prove you yourself aren't women shilling in disguise!

Yeah pretty much this.

Even at university, most girls were just basic bitches who just wanted to complain about their coursework, party and smoke.

Most men were equally boring dudes who just wanted to talk about their ""great career opportunities"", party and smoke.

Conversation between the sexes is always boring because there isn't the same free flow of ideas as in conversation with another man (or another woman, I suppose).

When speaking with someone of the opposite sex, there's all this extra baggage of gender framing the conversation. The parties are both simultaneously conversing and putting on a sort of performance structured around their prejudices of the others' gender and by sexual tension. Even if neither consciously desires the other, it's still there.

This thread says a lot about the current state of Veeky Forums.

OP's question:
>Are women boring conversationally due to a historic lack of education which subsequently failed to pass down the generations or is it because they are just dumb fucking women?
Can be broken down into two parts. The first:
>Is it due to a historic lack of education which subsequently failed to pass down the generations or is it because they are just dumb fucking women?
Is hardly a legitimate question, the first component is wrong because the education of one's ancestors is of little significance in contemporary western society when an individual's education comes a range of sources in addition to their mother. The second part is too simplistic and silly to bother addressing. So the two components suggested as causing the issue are both wrong.

Now to the second component:
>Are women boring conversationally
In I explained there are 3 key components which determine the quality of a conversation, and to have an interesting conversation you really need all 3:
>1: The other person's ability to engage with you and communicate effectively
>2: Your ability to engage with the other person
>3: The summation of factors which influence your overall compatibility

I, and many other people, can attest to having had a not-boring conversation with a woman. Therefore we must have at some point encountered a woman who was not inherently and inescapably boring conversationally. If OP has never had such an experience it means that he has either not met enough people, or lacks the skills or attitude necessary to have a not-boring conversation.

In any case it's his issue his assertion is based only on his own personal experience, ergo personal criticisms are warranted.

I really wanted to believe that this isn't true op.
But don't expect much from a woman. Their minds are simply done for other things than autistic topics.

Nice causal assumption there, retard.

The majority of the world doesn't have the same access to the internet and education so you're wrong on that front.

You make assumptions just as OP does except your assumptions are more general and can therefore be overlooked but OP's assumptions are one's of his own experience and therefore you feel you can attack him.

Im an autistic woman. 99% of topics most women talk about are boring stupid shit to me. We exist.

Sure, but there are still some issues that you have to face with men. With men there is always some sense of competition, comparison and power dynamics. You can never have a 100% open and free flow of ideas with anyone.

Conversing with someone similar to you enables you to discuss certain topics at a deeper level. However conversing with someone whose perspective and experiences you will never completely comprehend opens you up to new ideas. Gender is linked in some way to nearly everything, so how can you ever hope to understand an issue if you don't discuss it with someone who's perspective you can never obtain directly yourself?

The main issue I've noticed is that it seems to be incredibly rare to have a disagreement with a woman without her making it personal. It could be on the most trivial subject but if you disagree with them they often get offended and take the difference of opinion as some kind of personal attack. Obviously this makes it very difficult to have any kind of deep conversation.

Who is your favourite philosopher :)?

t. tranny

not all women are boring, I've met some interesting ones. however, I would say I can have an interesting conversation with 80-90% of guys I meet, but only around 5-10% at best of girls I meet, and that the reason for this is definitely where their interests tend to lie. I am not very interested in talking about people that we both know, people that only they know, or their problems or emotional issues, and this is what a vast majority of women I meet are primarily or solely interested in discussing. sometimes I'm interested when having a conversation with a girl, but that doesn't mean I find the conversational subject material interesting.

my guess would be that women have a cultural or genetic predisposition to mainly caring about comparing themselves to other people and holding their emotional issues at the forefront of their minds, and these things are relatively less common in men, who seem to be more predisposed to engaging in abstract activities or finding an interest in things that are not themselves.

I'm not the guy you're arguing with(yet), but I have to point out you fallaciously dismissed a claim:
>The second part is too simplistic and silly to bother addressing.
if you're implying it's false that "women are just fucking dumb", is this the best argument you have to the contrary? I personally think the intelligence of women is an entirely valid thing to bring up given what OP is wondering, and is even reinforced by data and observation. I am not saying this is necessarily why "women are boring conversationally", but you can't dismiss it as though it's somehow axiomatic when it is very far from being so.

OP's question is poorly structured, it can be interpreted as either
>All women are boring conversationally, is this because they're uneducated or is it inherent to the gender?
or
>Some women are boring conversationally, if a woman is boring is this due to individual lack of education or individual, inescapable stupidity?

If you interpret it the first way then it's immediately an incorrect statement for reasons I already explained.

If you take it the second way then it's a subjective assessment at best. It's certainly true that there are plenty of women (and men) out there with subjectively low communication skills but such a situation arises from a range of factors beyond just education or IQ.

I never attacked the character or the worth of the OP. It's simply true that his question is faulty in its premise and both the possible solutions he suggested are either wrong or at best part of a wider explanation.

Anyway you've baited me enough, I'm done with this stupid thread.

t. OP

This. Most conversations with women are boring or flirtatious or lighthearted banter. It might just be mainstream american culture, but not a lot of them like to try and figure shit out like a lot of men do. They just dont seem as interested. however, there definitely are women who are open to interesting conversations and have good perspective.

I'm not a child wanting to have deep conversation on "my level" with a woman. I'm very happy that women are what they are otherwise they would be just men and that's not really appealing.

>Are women boring conversationally due to a historic lack of education which subsequently failed to pass down the generations
That's not how genetic inheritance works

Women do not care about conversations because conversations is the way for powerless men to feel powerful, whereas women are not as powerless as men beforehand

why make this about power? power means nothing when compared to beauty or aesthetic art. thats what most beneficial conversations are about in some way or another. literally, does everything have to be about power?

also, conversation is a pursuit of truth. not a pursuit of power.

I can have better intellectual conversations with my wife than with my coworkers.

Your wife is fat

No, but chubby and she compensates this flaw with her personality.

Because some people value personality over looks?

I would rather take a 6/10 that holds intelligent conversation, supports me in my life journey, and has her own self interest, rather than a 10/10 that likes sex but is otherwise vapid.

I think Hitchen's logic applies here as well. From a dating (etc) perspective, they don't need to. Men have to compete thus their abilities are much more refined.

I think OP was more about women not being able to hold up conversations like men, not that they can't talk about mutually shared interests.

I talk about what I want and part of my humor can include history jokes. Women I like and hang out with don't mind and most enjoy it, salty virgin haters. There are dumb women yes but just picture a football watching chad who equally doesn't give a shit about history.

jesus was i being naive when i thought /his had less autists compared to other boards?

You was retarded for not supposing higher persent as history by itself is autistic as fuck.

... what?

People who like history are pretty autistic in normie eyes famalam

then why is historical fiction and documentary's decently popular senpai?

Beacue the names and dates of people who died in the 13th century for some cause matters less then a documentary covering places, people and events going on now. It's just how it is user

They present romanticed history which is generally liked. Being enthusiastic about history actually not that socially acceptable, especially showing it.

Women are generally better people than men.

They can't help being inferior, no reason to blame them for it.

Yes, yes, and men only ever talk about sports and athletes (who only exist as an income stream and offer nothing to the world) and the women they wish they could fuck.

This entire thread belongs on /r9k/.

yeah all the civilizations they built and things they invented like planes, cars etc

lol oh wait

> implying men didn't build all this shit to impress women
> implying (You) achieved anithing alike, therefore being superior than any woman

Am I the only one who can't deal with conversations with either man or woman?

Women don't rape, commit genocide, commit war crimed etc. Men commit the vsst majority of violent crimes.

youtu.be/0P_j7Wtb9O4

this

>when the bitch is clinging on to the slave morality

Jewish girls tend to be a cut above

Not even memeing

Find yourself a jewfu

The most famous war of the ancient times was literally committed over a woman.

No women, no wars. Gynocide when?

>wanting a nagging yenta
Nice try Rivka, Jew girls are the worst.

No they aren't

Humanity is terrible as a whole, regardless of race or gender.

Wearing a dress doesn't make you a woman, my dude.

Is she chubby in a cute way?

>Beacue
God bless you!

>The trojan war jappened

>Trojan war didn't happen
Nice try Helen.

Women are above morality and truth.

If women are so inferior how come you never get laid?

Checkmate Veeky Forumstrionics

Reminder that women can hardly be nihilisitc

Talking is one of the few things they're on average better at.
Assuming the one they're talking to is someone they want to talk to of course.

He doesn't mean genetic inheritance, retard.

The more I'm trying to resist the harder it pulls me in. Women truly are inferior.

They're great in talking as in making sound and being charismatic. If you're looking for actual depth, look elsewhere.

Women aren't stupid and vapid because of nature, women are stupid and vapid because they're raised that way