Slablands Bug and Typo Reports:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1l0nMswToZ5ZMLL7vLwMdKU_mE8rmz70NC7Hz5XUzUD0/viewform

Slablands changelog:
docs.google.com/document/d/1noFLFeDmuGPv4rfd_6fyqLCbC-VdPpaWb1S-8kr-1t4/edit

>F.A.Q s
pastebin.com/qMKLk0hH
>Other important resources and links
pastebin.com/3T9vyZN4

Hey, you, browsing this shit! Consider writing/editing for Slablands to COMBAT THE ANTHROPOMORPHIC, FUTA, FEMDOM MENACE! (note: writing a submission is actually a pretty huge undertaking! Consider adding content for existing contributions or joining other people's projects first before starting your own, we don't need 6576534 half-finished unique NPCs.)
Writing is nice, but if you don't feel up to that task, try editing for one of the projects! Every comment helps!

Project Lists:
Slablands: docs.google.com/document/d/1WHpHx_mZ0lV9r-I9XdsgyLuN5Yiaf61v3IhaDbSuvQs/edit
No pastebins allowed, use etherpad or google docs

>Wiki
slablands.wikia.com/

Friends of Slablands
pastebin.com/dtr2Lxg5

Previous thread Aco thread

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/177702592/#178415776
ghostbin.com/paste/33pnk
strawpoll.me/14884873
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gannon girls

>Clmermaids
?

I did edit the orc craftsman a while back and post some typo corrections in the thread.

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/177702592/#178415776

I'm not sure which town events you mean that are in a ghostbin, can you link them?

They're in the project list.

ghostbin.com/paste/33pnk

This one? I remember reading this and not finding any problems with it.

Yup

Don't see any reason those can't go in then. Ghost and pastebins are a pain to deal with, but if the text checks out then there's no reason to use it.

For those of you that like loli. I recommend checking out the game octoberween by born to die. There is one gross scene

What kind of gross?

piss fetish trash

wizards

I probs should have waited until this new thread, oh well.

strawpoll.me/14884873
same poll

THEY'VE KILLED FRITZ

Bipedal or scorpiontaur?

Bipedal. She's gonna be booty-based. I'm debating about multi-arms or not since she's going to be a tri-fusion of these three.

Who is the upper left girl?

one of the Four Generals from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan

The only one of those I remember all that well is the mole, the others kinda ended up being brushed off.

yeah, they didn't get much time to really make huge impacts. They were around for what? 1 episode each? It was very 'villian-of-the-week'.

what about dat chest tho

probably somewhere around D or E on this chart. They'll be there, just not her main feature.

rivalry between the booty pirate queen and the chest pirate queen

Did Tater push an update this week or is it still delayed?

he usually posts updates on sunday afternoon so we've yet to see

tick tock

slappin bitches with your cock

Lava men

Shark women

There rpobably will be one whenever we get the cave/volcano area.

reeeeeeeeee frogs

cattos

city z

Lolis

Are

SHIT

Another year, another Akiko-san
This mans dedication to his milfu is something very few achieve

fffffffffffuck

How do you fuck that?

Also what's in today's update?

Just bugfixes.
I could tackle a short project, though. What is ready to be added and short?

How's progress on the new intro going?

Like elves

I need to check which events did you write. And as a rule of thumb, uneditable platforms like pastebin or ghostbin aren't allowed, because the docs in there can't be edited and unedited projects doesn't get added.

That's fine, except the same thing happens with google docs and etherpad and has been happened for years.

>10 unique posters
Just let it die.

What kind of "extra" would you like to see for the gothic castle theme? For example the magic theme has a wall of bookshelves, the regal has a nice plush chair and desk

I guess I should add this is for the bedroom

Statues of your deeds, trophies, maybe slaves as furniture.

On the backlog. I need to check on it after I change the UI, so maybe I'll finish it two weeks from now?

Can you give us an idea of the direction slab is going in in the next couple months? Like when the UI will be updated, when the intro will be in, when the beach town and TFs will be in, and so on?

Right now it kind of feels like we're starving for information

I should be able to change the UI again next week. Then, I'll be coding the new intro. I'm supposed to take my vacations next month, but I doubt my boss will allow me to take them.
As far as I know, the beach town is not ready, I need Erebus for TFs, and TFs are going to be coding-intensive, so I'll be needing some time to focus on them.
I'm sure that TFs will break the saves, but I'll try to avoid that.

I forgot to post about this in the last thread, but since the last update; The Witch in Beorg isn't tracking quest items correctly. I had 4 ghostly misamas before the latest update, but she was only checking for ones obtained AFTER the update.

This happened with twisted horns too. I have like 19 of them and she says I need 4 more for a total of 5.

Cat girls are top tier

awoo

Girl who tries to guess your blood type

smug lolis

It's B negative

>The inventory system is tracking jack shit.
Fuck. I need to redesign the whole inventory system.

And i'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but Sasha the bear, who is normally found in the black forest at night, can also be found in the countryside. She starts showing up around 10-11pm to 5am with almost a 100% encounter rate.

That's intended, she lives in the border between the countryside and the forest.

Someone already pointed to I agree that ghost and pastebin should be discouraged as a final project platform, but the text here is completed, I didn't see any problems with the events, and I wrote down the typo corrections for the orc. No reason for them to not be used.

There's also a bathhouse and inn doc, but that one is a bit longer.

The beach and erebus are on me, and I'll post the doc when I finish a hub. A full-sized hub and the accompanying area is a lot of text, at least the way I do it, and editing projects takes priority. Not to mention present internet issues this week. So overall, it's not something that can be done all that quickly. I finished the shops, but that still leaves the explore and intro text, town events, the docks and the scenes and interactions involved in going to Erebus, and the beach area itself.

Gotcha. Lastly, in Mesi there's lot navigational issues with Inn menu for Amunet. You're required to ring a bell to get Amunet's attention, which is fine, but you also have to do it just to get the option to the leave the store. Can "Leave" just be add to the first screen?

If you're still limited in getting work done but are looking for editting, Solaris/Solera have a ton that needs to be combed through. Just ignore the "Confession" part, i'm going to delete it.

I've got three questions I can't really figure out myself about my Gargoyle and Golem project.

They're both supposed to guard the castle, that much is set. After that, I'm not exactly sure what they should do in particular that would actually help the player or provide something interesting to happen, at least help or make something happen immediately. She's supposed to fly around at the very top of the castle, but what would that entail if it should entail anything? No one comes up to the castle (at this stage of the game) so I don't have any good ideas.

Also what should the golem do since she's patrolling the inside of the castle? The only thing I can come up with for her is that she can stop the monsters from spawning in the hallways. I always found it kind of sketchy that you're living inside of the castle and you've brought people in to repair it, yet you get attacked by walls of eyeballs just walking down a hallway. Doing that would mean there isn't anything to do in the hallway option anymore and that would mean you gain nothing from doing this. One solution to this I can think of is to make the hallway option work exactly like the "Explore [Town]" options in towns. You'd use that option to purposefully trigger random events and scenes, the majority of which being from the characters you've recruited and others just random stuff from you walking around the halls of your actually safe castle. The only real problem I could see with that is you'd basically be getting rid of those level 1 monsters. But to be real, you will have to be like level 30 to fight the golem and gargoyle and recruit them so if they still need to be there just to keep them in, you could keep the sixth castle tower as is forever or move the enemies to the underground/underbelly or something.

Third question is how do I handle making them summons? I would like for you to use the orb to summon them in a battle but I don't know how I would make it work or how to establish you can do that.

I just went over Alice and left a few phrasing changes on the new text, which should be it for her. Solaris will probably be one of the next things I look at along with more of Winona (both of these two are long so I'll bounce around between them) and check the new lore on the golegoyle I saw mentioned while I skimmed through last thread.

Unless I'm forgetting something shorter I was going to look at, which is possible since I don't have my notes here.

Speaking of, funnily enough. The gargoyle can report if she's seen any rocs, wyverns, or harpies picking around. I don't know if she's meant to be strong enough to handle a roc though. Other than having small events related to this, she could periodically supply you with some gold or drops from this.

I don't see any issue with your golem suggestion, though we'll need an alternate way to get rid of them that wouldn't be on you or your project. If you want the mobs still around, they could just be excised from everywhere except the basement levels, which were meant to have a dungeon expansion at some point anyway.

Summons run off of binding the item to yourself, you might be able to do something like have the two channel their energy through it or something and manifest ethereally rather than being physically present. That'd help explain where they go on player loss too.

1.- Have the gargoyle do some recon around the castle, and report on possible menaces (optional bosses like the Roc or something).
2.- Stronger enemies are supposed to be on the fortress dungeon, so you can write a small scene about the golem saving you in case of a defeat, or randomly joining you in the beginning of a fight. The fortress dungeon is locked at this point in time, but later it could be opened.
3.- Summons are skills, just write a "summon golem" skill that spends X MP and I'll try to make it happen.

The Pangolin-girl lesbian scene I wrote needs final review, i just remembered. It's like 1-2 pages, real short.

Then I'll hit her up tonight before moving onto the longer ones.

Don't forget there are the beach mobs and events, the clamboy, the sea snake, sharkboy, and the shipwreck dungeon, and well as beach town events that I'm writing.

I have these waiting for edits, but no rush on any of them really

Annoying girls

I did think of just having her report on what she finds, but I thought it would be better if she does something instead, or at least have that as a talk option. What would happen after she tells you she's seen a Roc/wyvern/harpy? Give you the option to go fight it? Also I forgot what level Rocs are, but I would like Gar and Gol to be level 30 or so.

I personally don't really care about the mobs being around and I actually would prefer if they weren't. They are level 1 after all and only serve as enemies when you first get to the castle. When you're far enough in the game to repair it, they wouldn't have any purpose other than just reading their text. I don't think anyone would really mind not seeing them. This would be a pretty fitting thing for a guard, especially a golem to do to protect the castle.

The orb is already bound to you when you touch it in the recruitment scene. Then I wrote it so you can summon them from the main hall to talk to them instead of having to go find them. That makes it a bit tricky since now I have nothing to explain about gaining the skill to summon them in battle.
I kind of would like combining those first two and instead having Gar join you whenever you find a Roc in the mountain to help you fend it off. Gol can help you kill stuff in the underbelly I guess but I don't remember what's down there.

Also what do you actually think of being able to clear out the hallways and the option into just exploring the castle for random character events/scenes just like in the towns? I think it would be a good idea since it would make it a lot less annoying than haphazardly finding them when you're just trying to navigate the castle like I'd assume those kinds of things would go. Just putting them in one place where they're easily accessible when you want to read them seems like it would have no downsides to it. Plus you wouldn't have to wonder why skulls are still flying around your hallways after you've fixed the place.

I won't, thanks to those there's only a small amount of work needed on the beach itself, mainly just the structural stuff and that mini-boss.

I've editing the bar fight/orphan, forest inn, and town events+orc craftsman (in ghostbin form though,) but thank you for reminding me about the crocodile witch, gremlin cave, and mesi post office. I'll grab links from the project list.

Well, I had meant that it would be fluff, but that still wouldn't have a mechanical effect.

Why not do something like the dullahan?

I could keep it to fluff I suppose. I might be too caught up in trying to make them both have some sort of a function.
I haven't read the dullahan yet so I don't know what you're referring to.

Rolling because I'm indecisive, and there is much left to do.
1-3 Non-consensual
4-6 Double-check and cleanup
7-9 Consensual
0 Do a misc scene

You can send her out to various locations to fight the mobs there and bring back drops. That way you could have her patrol certain parts of the castle, or even target mobs directly.

That's interesting, but I think I'd rather keep both of them to guarding the castle instead. That seems more like something a mercenary would do. If you're saying the dullahan already does that then I'd rather not encroach on that. Also to reclarify, the gargoyle is the one outside.

If I do go with her supplying you with drops, I'd rather keep it as "I found this stuff on monsters sneaking around the castle" or something.

I'll add them to the backlog.

>Good news:
Update in shared folder.

>Bad news:
It's only bugfixes.

>Worst news:
The inventory system is not properly tracking the amount of items in your inventory. I have to fix it, and it won't be quick, since it would involve remaking every item instance in the game.

Sure, I don't mind cleaning mobs, but some of them drop items, the PC should get them somehow.

what's wrong with the confession tho

Green annoying gem girl

I decided I don't want that type of relationship between this NPC and the player. I was working through it and realized i had zero interest in writing it. Just gonna stick to sex stuff.

I'll save that for another NPC idea I have.

aw, that's a shame, romantic stuff is the best

I hope nothing, I really liked it

Yeah, that's kind of why I was saying the mobs could potentially be moved somewhere else or kept in the sixth tower (Unless there's plans for another building or it's just a placeholder for whenever someone makes a plan?). I could also have Gol give you those items as drops she found lying around. When I mentioned reporting on what they find, I actually wanted there to be a dialogue option to have them tell you what they've seen. Could have them just give you a bunch of items when they give you a report occasionally or after time passes.
Also, I forgot to mention that by "Summon" I mean like the runed skull so they fight with you. I think that would be a bit too complicated to actually explain why the orb is now a weapon as well as changing it from a key item to a weapon, then also trying to think of ways for you to use an already cracked orb as a weapon without breaking it.

I think making it just a skill would be a lot better but it would have to be both of them, instead of being able to summon one of them or both of them like I first imagined.

Also I was going with the logic of you're actually summoning them for as long as you want them there and when they go away like on player loss or they run out of HP, they just get unsummoned back to the castle. I'd also like it to be consistant with the fact that you summon them in the main hall and you wouldn't really be able to fuck them if they were just manifesting ethereally.

Can you post what's in every update when you update the folder? Would make things a lot easier

Getting a blowjob while drinking and having to not spill a drop or else

Anything short need to be written/anyone have short, fun ideas?

Check the changelog. Bugfixes don't get documented (next one will be), but characters and scenes always get documented.

It would be much more player and writer friendly if you would post that in the thread as well as the changelog.