/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Asura Edition

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinNews/DevelopmentsArt CollectionSoundtrack

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KHnfWdRP3lw
youtube.com/watch?v=IE5vGOAbN-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Veran's child-bearing hips

the upcoming definitive edition will feature all downloadable content for both the Wii U and 3DS versions of the game, including all 29 playable characters, and will retain the individualized fighting styles for each. This version will also add a fully-3D ‘My Fairy’ mode, much like the 2D equivalent available in Hyrule Warriors: Legends previously. Players will be able to take advantage of mid-battle character switching, a feature which was introduced in Hyrule Warriors: Legends, and made an appearance in last year’s Fire Emblem Warriors.

Challenge Mode, which allowed players to assume the role of Beast Ganon and wreak havoc on the battlefield, will also make its return in Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition when the game launches on Nintendo Switch this spring!

A newly released trailer from Koei Tecmo’s Japanese YouTube channel has been uploaded, showing off many of these new features. Be sure to give it a watch below to see the game in action, including the new Breath of the Wild costumes for Link and Zelda!!

youtube.com/watch?v=KHnfWdRP3lw

Why is the DLC so bad?

Alright since I posted my question at the end of the last thread: Since the Master Sword is a holy weapon, and it chooses the user, would it allow its use in a secular war?

It's still 30 fps, right?

>holy

It's meant to smite evil, not random mortals you disagree with. Hylia would surely frown upon its misuse
And yeah, I guess every game is a holy crusade if you look at it like that

I would assume so

Hylia doesn't seem to mind using it to whack crates and ore deposits.

>An early prototype of Zelda's Shiek transformation magic

Because it couldn't live up to expectations.

That's gay. At least it doesn't look too bad like it did in the Wii U version, let alone the awful 3ds version.

I would have been fine with it being 900p and run at 60 fps, but whatever.

As soon as Ganon is gone she will bring her wrath down upon Link for using it as a can opener
The reason there's no postgame is so we are spared the horrors of her vengeance

Nah, it's just shit.

tfw treated as a beta tester for the switch

What are the chances of them actually including some new content down the line in Hyrule Warriors: Give Use More Cash edition? Besides just the BotW costumes. Some actual characters from BotW would be fucking amazing, and the Champions are all perfect for inclusion.

Maybe if Capcom weren't such dickholes we could have gotten some characters or items from Minish cap or the Oracle games.

I thank you for your service.

Where did this "Capcom owns games and Nintendo can't use them" meme come from?

zero, they're working on the sequel

There's definitely a good chance the champions are going to be DLC characters. I want to see how they incorporate the blights, if they decide to add them too.

>sequel
pls no

Who is best Ganon?

Is the BotW DLC worth getting?

If you like the game, it's more of the same

Wind Waker.

'
Do you sleep still? Wait! Do not be so hasty, boy... I can see this girl's dreams... Oceans... Oceans... Oceans... Oceans... Oceans as far as the eye can see. They are vast seas... None can swim across them... They yield no fish to catch... What did the King of Hyrule say?... That the gods sealed Hyrule away? And they left behind people who would one day awaken Hyrule? How ridiculous... So many pathetic creatures, scattered across a handful of islands, drifting on this sea like fallen leaves on a forgotten pool... What they can possibly hope to achieve? Don't you see? All of you... Your gods destroyed you!'
~Ganon, on the fate of Hylians,

I really wish that prequel manga with the first Link was canon, because that establishes that he actually made the Master Sword what it was.

He was giving a divine sword by the goddess herself, and looked her right in the fucking face and said it wasn't good enough, then took it to a regular blacksmith shop, and with his own hands and some normal mortal tools, reforged it into the Master Sword. He actually improved divine craftsmanship forged in literal fantasy heaven, because his balls are just that fucking huge.

WW by far. Chill, intelligent, and my favorite final boss fight in the series

THIS.
The first Hero is baller.

Kokiri or Koroks? Which are better?

Holy fuck, the TP manga looks great. I just a read a random chapter (second Hero’s Shade meeting), it’s some good stuff. But I heard it’s been left unfinished for a long time. That true?

Kokiri

I'm not reading it until it's all out at retail. It looks great from the two I already bought.

Neither, the Legendary Super Kokiri is the best.

I WANT TO HUG SIDON

Shota Sidon > Salmon Sidon

>End of OoT
>Link is about to lose to Ganondorf
>Suddenly from fucking nowhere, Mido appears
>"Sorry I pretended not recognize you Link, but... I think you need my help now"
>Squats down
>Ganondorf laughs at the Wee-Man who has appeared
>Suddenly from Mido, a blinding flash of golden light bursts forth
>His hair now standing on end and golden to boot, Mido stands up
>For a brief moment, Ganondorf is stunned when suddenly he keels over, Mido having just punched the tall dark man in the Gut
>"Rest now Link, I've got the rest handled"

Bump

Hey watch where you're going, jesus christ.

This may seem like a weird thing to comment on, but the way they animate laser blasts in BotW is beautiful. It very much reminds me of an effect from 2D animation, it's got a very anime look to it. Very cool that they could make it look so smooth in 3D.

Friendly reminder that pigs have a barbed penis.

I don't like how it gets ruined when you get killed and every thing freezes around you.

ALRIGHT YOU FUCK

The Guardians? Yeah, I like it too.

WHY IS EVERYONE SO FUCKING GAY
THEY GIVE YOU A FUCKING BUFFET OF CUTE GIRLS AND EVERYONE WANTS TO FUCK CHADFISH

>your friends' souls are suffering, your princess is getting GANONED, the land is on the brink of disaster
>but now that you look at it the framing on the thunderwing photo in the compendium could be better
nature photography is probably the most petty reason I've ignored a main quest to date

How is the HD version of Twilight Princess on WiiU compared to the original? I haven't heard much about it.

Pretty great. Nab it if you can.

Best boss

I am going to marry Riju!

I really hate that. It looked okay in the past games because of Link's dramatic death animation, but in BotW he just instantly goes limp and plops on the ground and the enemies freeze like he yelled red light when he died, while the grass and stuff keeps moving. When I first saw it before the game was released I thought for sure they'd change it but they didn't even a little bit.

The virgin princess waifu vs the chad gay fish

Wind Waker, no question.
Good monologues, good action scenes, more peresonality, he got dangerously close to getting exactly what he wanted two times, might not have exactly got it but he was close, also he was actually written like a bad guy who's been through this all before and remembers it, as opposed to some mean old warlord/demon king.

My only complaint with TWW Ganon is all the teasing of his sick demon pig dragon form from OOT done in the game, only for the "beast" Ganon to be a stupid looking puppet.

I thought that shit was cheesy and lame, but I could see how Skyward Sword fans would like it.

I guess the Koroks are more unique, but I really don't give a shit, I think Kokiri have more endearing concept and designs, I fucking hate Koroks for outright replacing them.

Deku scrubs are better than them all though.

It's fine. It's mostly the same game. The horse controls worse. I like the gyro controls though.

>Guardian sword
>Guardian shield
>Guardian spear
>Ancient Battle Axe

They did this on purpose. The strongest weapon in the game had to have a cool standout name, huh?

Someone asked about brewing elixirs in the last thread.

The trick to it is that guts are more valuable than claws. Every monster has a gut part and one or more clae parts. The good stuff is Bokoblin guts, Moblin Guts, Lizalfos tails, Lynel guts, Keese eyeballs, Octorok eyeballs, and Hinox guts.

They all give a longer duration, and have a 30% chance to trigger a critical cook.

Some critters impart stronger effects than others. People have grouped these in three levels. Level 1 is weak, and can't exceed a level 1 effect when cooked alone (e.g. you can't get level 2 attack up with Mighty Thistles alone). Level two is what you usually want. Level 3 is rare, and only applies to a few effect types.

As an example, the only way to get flame guard is with an elixir. There are no food ingredients for it, and only two critters: fireproof lizards and smotherwing butterflies. The lizards are level 1/weak, so you need the butterflies if you want level 2 flame guard.

Critical cooking can bypass this, though. One of the critical bonuses is an effect strength boost. If you use guts, there's a 30% chance that you'll get a critical cook, which can boost the recipe's effect strength by one level.

Dragon parts always trigger a critical. 1 lizard and dragon horn can create an elixir that gives you 30 minutes of level 2 flame guard.

Suiton! Suikōdan no Jutsu!

The cooking guide link is down

That was me, thanks for the explanation. I have a shit load of Moblin, Bokoblin, and Hinox guts and Lizalfos tails because I felt they were too valuable to cook with and too valuable to sell, but I will start using them. Up until now, I pretty much relied on cooking meals with special effects for my buff needs, but I will start making elixirs.

Guardian parts are also monster parts. So gears, cores and giant cores are useful.

Best to just go for it.
I hoarded needlessly as well, then just went for it one blood moon and made about 6 hours worth of Haste Level 3 cooking.
Fleet-Lotus Seeds, Rushrooms (L2 w/ L3 on crit) and a Guts are all you need. Rate of restock largely matches rate of consumption.
Normal speed just feels so sluggish now.

One more thing to add to this:
Cooking between 23:30 and 24:00 on the night of a blood moon is guaranteed a critical cook.
This will add either 5 minutes duration, +3 hearts recovery, or increase effect level by 1.

>still no champions ballad dlc ost

what's the reason to play botw after completing the story

There's got to be choices for the ladies too ya know

Monster medals I guess

I just want to see my boy Vaati again

Seriously. Can anyone link proof of this claim? I don't want to believe that content from some of the best zeldas are locked away forever.

I hope the 3DS dies as soon as possible so we get console Zeldas every two years

You are a retard

My quest to fill the compendium with nice photos begins now. No purchasing photos allowed.

So if you miss one you have to erase your file and start over?

Wait to get the Switch port with BotW outfits added :^)

>I just want to see my boy Vaati again
We'll never get a moment when Vaati reveals himself and says "'It's ya boi Vaati!"

Best boss from the weakest 3D entry in the series

>Get to try Wolf Link amiibo on BotW
>Oh nice, he's fast and stays out of the way, making opportunistic strikes
>Decide to fight Silver Moblin
>He's zooming left to right
>It's almost dead while I keep the Silver Moblin's attention
>Silver Moblin raises club
>Hits Link-Doggo
>Fucking dies in what seems to be the Moblin swatting a fly away
Simultaneously hilarious and tragic

Are these possible to find at retail price now with the game?

>weakest
But Koloktos isn't from Majora's Mask, user

What's your opinion on these guys?

how the fuck do you get good photos of fish?

They shouldn't have skipped leg day

The closest to being threatening enemies is when six are shooting fire arrows at you from above on the way to death mountain, when you still have a wooden shield. Otherwise, nothing notable about them. They exist just to look scary and populate TP's boring Hyrule Field.

They're pretty cool. I wish they weren't complete push-overs, but that goes for pretty much everything in TP

Drop one from your inventory onto the ground.

Do any of you own a Champion Amiibo? I've thought about getting this one because she's my favorite champion and I've always loved the Gerudo, but I think that the other Divine Beast helms look better.
Besides that, I've thought about getting an OoT link, but they're too expensive for what they are and I already have TP Link.

>this_guy.png

>fighting a Hinox on the Akkala Parade Grounds at night
>first the fight gets interrupted by a Stalmoblin
>then the bloodmoon rises
>thankfully, the Hinox doesn't regenerate
>afterwards, a thunderstorm starts
>have to rely on a shitty wooden bow because all my good bows are made of metal
>same with the weapons
>after kiting the fucker for god knows how long, nipping off damage bit by bit I finally kill him
>the thunderstorm is still going on
>and the battle music doesn't stop
>a fucking Yiga Blademaster appears
>sends all kinds of homing shit after me
>I stand no chance against him with wooden clubs and a wooden bow
>his blade attracts the lightning
>he gets struck and is killed instantly
And all was well in the world.

>And all was well in the world.
Not until the Calamity Ganon is gone. Get back to work, Link.

Fuck off Zelda I still have rushrooms and darners to collect.

seems kind of mediocre, live fish look much better
but between that and and murky water I guess that's the way to go

Don't some vendors sell fish? Take a picture of it in the store

youtube.com/watch?v=IE5vGOAbN-8

>that Hinox battle

How the fuck did I not think of that?

I have yet to see anyone put RULES OF NATURE over Link's blade mode attack, which is disappointing because that's exactly what it is.

>you can change the height of the master mode floating platforms with Revali's gale

WHAT

Lord of the rings/10

what's more important, ingame gear or how it looks on your shelf?

>Boomerang shenanegins

Heh