/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Share art and music, discuss and fight over new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and anything Sonic related!

/sthg/ #1166 - My Own Clone, Now Neither of Us Will Be Virgins Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/e8xud
youtube.com/watch?v=sD64MXm1I0I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fast

Sonic """critics"""

WAKE ME UP INSIDE

user, you need to update that pic

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

Nah nigga

Can Sanic become the Vore King?

Vote for Sanic, the fastest pred alive

poal.me/e8xud

Vacation, nice catchphrase, blah, blah, blah.
I really wanna see Team Dark get an arc in IDW. Their interactions in Archie was good stuff.

>I want to get soul vored

nice chestu

Blaze is boring!!!

Did I miss something last thread?

What do you mean?

What is Return to Little Planet?

Beauty in film form

>get on computer
>head to /sthg/
>see thought-provoking, productive question on the state of the franchise
>begin interesting conversation with that and other anons
>somebody posts scantily clad amy
>conversation stops so everybody can endlessly post sweating reaction images
>"post more"
>turn off computer
>lay on bed
>stare at the ceiling in silence
>stew in disappointment

Did a guy and a bunch of his friends seriously make a full length human Sonic film?

It's Veeky Forums dude. Everyone here is a bunch of horny virgins

Holy shit, it's an hour. That's impressive.

Not just a full length human Sonic film, but a 30 minute sequel.

Well user, we've had our fair share of discussions over the uncertain future of Sonic at least.

kek

I am really upset Sasso got discouraged from making a RTLP 3 and resorted to making a Sonic sketch comedy show for easy praise and clicks.

Discouraged by who?

Sonic Retro and commenters, but I think the Retro Review really did it.

Why the fuck would anybody listen to those faggots? Sonic Retro can go suck a fat dick.

There are much better sites for that around. There's been a good few talks about it on here, but in a lot of ways it's beating a dead horse at this point. Not much else to talk about so do you really blame people for waifu shitposting?

Sonic characters look so good in hand-drawn 2D. Why does Sonic Boom have to be shittily animated in CG? Sonic characters look fucking great hand-drawn. They need to bring back this kind of art in promotional material and box covers.

3D animation has kinda been the thing lately with all media, from cartoons to movies. Sonic following that path was only a matter of time, sadly.

I don't like it. The times are changing, and they're changing in a shitty fucking way, so I'm not gonna change with them! Bring back the 2D art, god dammit!

Thread was dead, so reposting:

Made some nice progress on the new Test Level! I found a great material shader called a Tri-Planer shader. What it does is it allows users to create materials that tile automatically according to World Space. In Layman's terms: no more misaligned textures when transitioning from one mesh to another! Notice how the ground, the ramp and all of the loops all seamlessly tile into one another.

Things are coming along real nice.

Rock on, GHPAnon.

Man, that looks nice. I remember seeing something about a corkscrew loop a week back. Is that something we can expect in the devkit?

Shadaze~

catchphrase, etc.
I wonder what type of character interactions we're gonna see in the comic. One thing I always liked about them is that we've seen characters we normally don't see in the games interact with each other.

Still here. Still fun as fuck.

*Beep Boop*

Nice unimaginative company, sonic babs.

STOP BEING SUCCESSFUL

Good, good.

Sasuke the Hedgehog should only be shipped with Amy. Their personalities contrast enough for it to work.

explain, plumber

Shadow sucks

He's okay. I like him when he's both professional and cocky, kinda like Miles Edgeworth from Ace Attorney. (In the 2nd case anyway I haven't beat that game yet) When he's a stone faced Batman faggot like in Boom then he's really fucking boring. His portrayal in Forces was pretty damn good, which is impressive since Forces was pretty shitty for most of the other characters, especially Amy.

It's hard to say that Amy was shitty in Forces. She gave communication to the team, fawned over 2 Sonics & that was it. It was pretty much inoffensive. The real crime was Tails, imo. And a lack of Eggman gloating about his victory sucked too.

Help this cute kitty!

Yeah, I just hate her voice. Tails and Eggman were definitely worse. God, Eggman was fucking trash. The voice director needs to be fired, because Mike Pollock is a great voice actor and he was not very good in Forces. Hasn't been good since Unleashed if you ask me, with the exception of the Colors PA announcements.

I hope she dies when the Death Egg explodes.

Sorry Honey, you're on your own

To each their own, I love Cindy Robinson's voice, honestly. I'm attached to hearing it in BlazBlue though since her current Amy voice is literally just her Makoto, so maybe my dick is just making the connection.

I thought she had the best voice in Heroes. I usually hate the valley girl thing, but whoever her voice actor was in Heroes made it actually charming and memorable. Sounded a little bit too old, but it was the best so far in my opinion. The 4kids voice actor was okay in X, but she sounded really bored in Shadow and I don't remember her in any other game. Cindy Robinson goes from Minnie Mouse to soccer mom, and that's not just from the writing in Boom.

Would Amy get along with her?

What character would you add to Sonic Speed Battle?

Made another one of these.
>find small but full size image of the background
>open it in photoshop
>resizing it to 1080 makes it really blurry
>open in MS Paint instead
>resizes perfectly and cleanly

I love Sonic in a homosexual way and im not ashamed of it.

You should be.

That gif is cute

MSPaint works on a pixel by pixel basis, it works much better for sprites, fittingly as that is what creates most original sprite work.

Why the fuck does Collision Chaos have ground in the sky?

That's because you didn't resample based on nearest neighbor. I achieved the same results in PS.

It's a tiny planet floating over Mobius , it's gravity fuckery to sell that premise. All of CD's levels have ground in the sky.

Well I'll be damned, it works. Thanks m8.

Collision Chaos is the only one like that.

Pretty sure it's not, haven't played CD in awhile though. Be back in a sec

Yep, it is. Palmtree Panic doesn't have it, anyway. Guess it's just part of the chaos and general physics fuckery of that stage.

I guess it would make sense if you assume Collision Chaos is the only area facing towards the ground.

Cause that's what plebs are paying for nowadays. Now it only exists in cartoons but most are animated now by korean sweatshops with subpar designs.

>YWN become a QT Sonic Worldian waifu

But isn't that a Blaze Worldian?

Thank god

More games should have Bowser as a playable character. He's such a loveable idiot in Bowser's Inside Story and Super Paper Mario.

I know this is bait, but now that you mention Bowser...
Why does the Mario fanbase constantly whine about Bowser being the main villain every game and wants somebody new, but literally every Sonic game (except some super obscure spinoffs) has Eggman as the villain and nobody's bothered by it?

sonic has better characters than mario so you dont get bored with them

animal hero vs human villain is a more interesting dynamic than human hero vs monster villain, especially shallow ones with no tangible or attainable motive

>>no tangible or attainable motive
Bowser and Eggman both have the same motive though, which is "conquer the world cause I'm evil lol".
Also I'd say that despite visually clearly being an animal, Sonic is actually more relateable as a human than Mario because he actually talks, while Mario is completely mute, like... an animal.

no I mean bowser being a weak little bitch whos never come close to winning is a boring enemy because he as the enemy is the underdog

eggman on the otherhand always has the edge and only loses due to super sanic spueeed, hell he fucking WINS in forces for the most part and puts the good guys in hiding

Fucking cute work, m8

Why would someone dislike pre-Unleashed Tails? Surely their tastes aren't that bad, right?

Is this new?

because he wants to fly high

In Sonic Adventure
>Sonic was the character you played as.
>Tails was the character your little brother played as.
>Amy was the character your little sister played as.
>Knuckles was the character your cool cousin played as.
>Big was the character your dad played as.
>Gamma was the character you all played together and had a good family bonding moment at the end.

Good morning /sthg/!

Now that the dust has settled, where do you rank the following Sonic related media?

>The Eventual Sonic Movie
>Sonic OVA
>Tails Gets Trolled
>Return To Little Planet

>amy was the character your little sister played as

incest is wrong user

Amy was the only one that actually felt bad for Infinite in Forces. Such a pure soul.

he just needed a dom who was less rough

Tamers12345 > Tails Gets Trolled > Return To Little Planet > Sonic OVA > Sonichu > Eventual Sonic Movie

>>Amy was the character your little sister played as.

My sister never wanted my dick that badly

Little brother here, can confirm.

Sonic OVA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shit > the rest >>>>>>> infinite amount of shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TGT

Shadow should've killed him.

youtube.com/watch?v=sD64MXm1I0I

You know what's more autistic than fapping to Sonic characters? Caring that people do.

No images, whatkind of nightmare is this?

>Unironically defending Guptil89

Contrarian

Patrician

Sonic Underground > everything else