>General VR Resources
vrwiki.wikispaces.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality_headset
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_virtual_reality_headsets

>Oculus Rift Setup Guide
pastebin.com/QgHwLq8R

>HTC Vive Setup Guide
pastebin.com/QNc18zHd

>Recommended VR Applications/Games (updated AND old lists included)
pastebin.com/eS83LXeB
OLD
pastebin.com/KgBr4kCh

>VRChat Resources and Tutorials
pastebin.com/X89faD2r

>We have a private void club instance! Add this to your launch settings to go there when you spawn in.
vrchat://launch?id=wrld_7e10376a-29b6-43af-ac5d-6eb72732e90c&ref=vrchat.com&instanceId=42~private(inviteurl_95dd8c82-968a-4c75-a7f6-711dd98dfac2)

>Or click this to go there now (opens VR chat)
vrchat.com/launch?worldId=wrld_7e10376a-29b6-43af-ac5d-6eb72732e90c&ref=vrchat.com&instanceId=42~private(inviteurl_95dd8c82-968a-4c75-a7f6-711dd98dfac2)

previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=blender how to rig a model
mmda.booru.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for cute girls(male)!

I think gaia night should be our new meet each day until voids back
Super comfy atmosphere and we can just votekick russians and desktop knuckles

Fuck no, having to block every other mouthbreather that walks in is a pain, not to mention that once it reaches a certain threshold it will be difficult for anons to join. There are plenty of maps that are way better than gaia and can be run publicly without having to deal with 12 year old walkins

Mech-something club is good. It's like a space station with zero-G props.

I love working on a model I know has everything mapped to then get errors like this

Mechadonix runs like ass and is dark and visually noisy.

It does have the shark cat bed prop though.

then fucking specify them??
literal learn to read

>he doesn't know how stupid the users really are
I take it you haven't worked in IT before

We have some guy running around screaming how everyone is gay and riling people up and mods decide to ban THIS?

I just want to have lewd fun with user. Can some not-shit Mod unban me? This is ridiculous.

haha what

mods are anti desktop confirmed

fuck you for reminding me I have to go back to working IT tomorrow

Anyone willing to help a nigga out with making hands? I'm trying to make them myself, but I get the feeling I'm not doing this right in the slightest. How is blender going to recognize the new bones I added as the finger bones? Are they automatically part of the mesh because I just added more bones off the ones that were already there?

>Why why did I get banned for posting dumb shit this isn't fair!
Nice ban evasion too, that's totally not against the rules either

Based on your description whatever the fuck you are doing you are doing wrong

Shut up mod, his post was fine.

It's not just IT. I have to ensure everyone fills out paperwork every day that consists merely of date, signature, and legible description of work completed in the correct boxes which are clearly labelled. They act like this 30 seconds of writing in an unreasonable demand and tend to just write whatever they want, wherever they feel like it usually on the one sheet they're not meant to write on.

Don't forget to make the user interface even more accessible to double digit users, and can you do something about the font, it's so boring and bland we need something with more shazam

After I build my avatar to vrchat, why do my dynamic bones/colliders all disappear?

How do I add the bones, user? The model just came with a single bone running through the mesh's hand, and I want to make it so they have working fingers.

Remember, they are the majority and you're at fault for not making it even simpler for the ease of their use, have fun teaching grown men how to read clear instructions

>They act like this 30 seconds of writing in an unreasonable demand
It may not be unreasonable but it's also faggot tier bureaucratic nonsense.

Nigga I ain't teaching you all that shit.

lmgtfy.com/?q=blender how to rig a model

Are they all in the same armature? Good. You always have to tell Unity which bone is which in the rig configure. Choose the hands there and map the correct bones to correct positions.

In Blender, rotate your bones as they bend towards their Z axis. You can see the axis by checking Armature Display's axis.

I assume you have a wrist bone, go to edit mode, select the tip of your wrist, press E, move mouse, press left click.

Anyone know where I can get some unity animation packs?

>I would need a new a brand new PC to play VR because my mobo is too old and doesn't support the latest CPU chipsets. My GPU is also 6 years old.

$600 for a Vive and around $1500 to build a new PC.

Is the price for being cute really worth it?

Still fiddling with this texture. Do you guys usually do flat shaded textures? I think this looks best flat shaded, but it kinda works shaded as well.

quick post
the worst world you know

Wait for vive pro

Pug is honestly trash

Uganda is the obvious answer.

My general grevious that I made and textured myself.

user thats pretty dope, does it have lightsabers?

you are a bold one

>Jap passwords keep getting harder and harder to keep filthy gaijin out

STOP! STOP! I'M STILL IN THE EARLY DAYS OF LEARNING KANJI THIS IS TOO FUCKING HARD

I prefer using a flat shader with a subtle rim light so extremities don't blend together

If I knew how to trigger animations he would :(

How do you add a rim light? I know how to add outlines to a character by duplicating my mesh, scaling it up and inverting the normals, but I'm not very good with shaders.

I've been using MK Toon from the asset store and Cubedparadox's

Wish I could find this guy again.

Basically had every popular Fate character and a bunch of custom made animations for each of them.

>1500 to build a new PC
You can risk buying used parts if there is any reputable forums that trade / sell / buy those, just build your rig from scratch and make sure you don't get swindled by low rep seller or faulty hardware
>price of being cute
That would be personal question you need to ask yourself instead of others, no one can tell you how much value you put into being cute, i am going to wait for the prices to drop and new VR games to come out before buying vive

Probably the shootan games.

>Basically had every popular Fate character
"Popular" in what sense? I want to lewd so many of the mobage waifu bait characters.

Anyone have any experience/know any tutorials about preventing long pieces of cloth from clipping through the legs? I tried adding some colliders to the legs and knees but they don't seem to help much.

Anyone else having normal map problems in unity?

Another Unity Asset I have to buy. Yayyy

>spending even a cent on unity assets when you can pirate them

There's a free version, I don't even know what the paid one has

Spoon feed me the source

I can find Dynamic Bones and Muscle Animation Editor easily.

But no place has MK Toon.

Kek, the free version is actually more up-to-date.

So by how many polys does he bypass the limit because nothing under 20k can look that great

So what does MK Toon do? Anyone got a comparison between Cubed and that?

no

source: personal experience

I don't know exactly but he is up in the hundreds of thousands I think it was five hundred thousand and something.

Rude.

You do have the actual normal map file set as a normal map in Unity, right?

MKToon does all this shit. Cubed doesn't

I don't know what any of that does. Any image comparisons?

How much did multiple materials stress the game? I need to get the eyes either with flat toon or emission and the rest with rim light or such. The eyes have their normals flip'd for cartoon effect, so I have to keep them shadowless.

buying a GPU right now is the worst thing you can do.
1000€ for a 1080 here lol
thanks crypto

How is that rude it's not a world crasher or anything

Tri counts over 64k are actually pretty close to PC and world crasher tier depending.
For even multiple of 64k you go over it's split up into a whole extra avatar so you probably take around 9+ players worth of resources.
Faggot.

Ofcourse. At this point I think its probably not unity, but an issue with the model or the map itself

>tfw in love with a vr waifu

>I made and textured myself.
Looks good user.
Now make me a model of some less popular anime girls so I don't have to commission one

when are we gonna have our first /vrg/ marrige and the cheating drama that will follow ?

Once the bottom falls out of Tether, the crypto markets will come crashing down and you'll be able to get (admittedly well used) 1080tis for cheap as miners try to cover some of their losses

where to find lewd anime models

mmda.booru.org/

muh bitfinexed
muh tether gonna implode any second now

dang that actually is super dickish. kind of makes sense why they ask you not to fuck with the SDK now

Wow. This mod is too cancer. There wasn't even any nipple on the image. Lewd posting is a tried true tradition of the 4chins.

I have a problem with my Kizuna AI avatar - her viewport appears to be in her forehead (when using a mirror) and also her lips are not directly below her viewport (which I've noticed on a couple models - if I point at and touch my lips IRL, I end up pointing to my cheek in game).

My viewport is directly level with the eyes (and centered) in Unity. What gives?

>Sachiko
I want to BAP user in VR!

As long as you don't got over 64k it's not a problem, the issue it with Unity itself and not the SDK and it's really just an optimisation thing. I think the exact number is around 65,500~ish before it splits your model into two models forcible, some memory shit.
A fuck ton of dynamic bones will always be more taxing though.

If I have a lewd model that has function that allows her bikini to slide upwards, how would I go about animating that in unity? Do I just slip in the animations? Would it be possible to have it so other people could pull them up as well?

Viewport in Unity is only for desktop mode. You have to set it manually in the setting menu if you are using a headset.

>do something lewd as a joke
>everyone else just laughs
>this one takes it seriously
>they frantically gesticulate 'no'
>shrug and prepare to leave
>they change their mind
>this wasn't meant to happen
>they clearly have no idea what they're doing
>they expect me to lead
>I have no idea what I'm doing
>awkwardly spend way too long with (her)
>can't find a way to escape
>not sure if they want to escape or not
>eventually an excuse to be 'distracted' arises
>feign way too much interest in it
>look around
>they've disappeared

That sounds hilarious from the outside, but terminally embarassing from your POV. Glad I don't have a headset just yet, and am sticking to fucking around with models for the time being.

I have no idea what you're talking about and I'm willing to probably call total bs on what you're saying.

When you lead then only you can decide when it's awkward, that's the whole point of leading. The other person submits entirely to your will.

the first time is always embarrasing.
you just need more practice with me

Go look in the VRChat settings menu idiot, it's right above the EXIT VR button there is a height setting.

>Viewport in Unity is only for desktop mode
Wrong, the height setting in game is for character crouching/tip toes detection.

Fuck off you lazy ass faggot. Do half the work yourself.

Fuck off, I'm speaking from experience here. The height setting moves the view port. I just fucking went through this shit last night.

I have done lewd VR things before but I have always been the follower.

But user, I always lead. Plus I always let my waifus know I am male and not a trap.

How would the game know where to put your viewport on a model from height alone? If the avatar was 3ft tall with a 6ft flag attached to it's back, the viewport should still be where the avatars eyes are. As the other user pointed out, the menu item for legs or whatever.

then just copy the people you were with before ????
stop being beta

If that is the case how does the game cope with that?

>Open menu
>Respawn

Works every time

>someone might be masturbating to us

>4 threads later the OP finally has the new recommended apps
Based.

Jesus, you are talking out of your ass to somebody who has just fucking done this. Getting sick of your shit. How does the game know where to put the view port from height alone? Well obviously the height is the distance from the floor. Fuck off you probably don't even have a headset.

No it doesn't.

It defines the relationship between the player's actual height and the avatar's height.

The rigging of the hands doesn't always translate perfectly to the controller.

HOT !

>If that is the case how does the game cope with that?
Very poorly. Breaks all you shape keys for starters I think.