/xgg/ - Xenogames General #93 - ZEKANATOR Edition

USE SPOILER TAGS
Please note that Veeky Forums Rule #3 is being enforced.

========== Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ==========
>XBC2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XBC game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/whyaLFk0

>XBC2 Advanced FAQ (Tips, Combat, Quests, Misc, early/mid game and late game separated)
pastebin.com/xr0dT5mq

>XBC2 Blade combo elemental charts
i.imgur.com/JUWNMOw.jpg

>XBC2 Info Doc. Please help contribute
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/

>XBC2 Artbook link
drive.google.com/open?id=1l8EuZcAvfNAVKyHuK6bSr5NxpiaUdXYD
e-hentai.org/g/1168674/90d830fe38/

>XBC2 Fanworks
pastebin.com/DPHdsLNL

========== Xenoblade Chronicles X ==========
>XBCX Links pastebin
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY
==============================

If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14874410
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DON'T

This girl is Rex's first and true love, say something nice to her!

Pyra you are special, i love you!

This is Mòrag, Mor Ardain's strongest driver. Say something nice about her when she takes of her hat !

60 hours in and I just pulled Ursula and starting her affinity tree. Now I can learn what Hell really is

I want to fuck pandoria

I too want to fuck the cutie blade, but only after we are married

Morag.
Perceval vs. Kassandra?

>Morag
>Agility tank vs HP Tank

Hard choice user.

So did they not intend for you to be able to disengage Brighid or Pandoria? I know you can on NG+ or hard mode or whatever, but you can disengage them by putting them in middle or low spot them putting them on Rex
But you cant disengage them just by simply swapping them like a normal blade or even moving them to mid/low spot then swapping

Don't be a faggot, Kasandra is for Zeke.

Does this make certain rares obsolete then? Morag is the only Tank character than can change blades.

Isn't Zeke an Attack character? I'm on my first playthrough and don't see why you'd sacrifice the buffs of 3 ATK blades for some underpowered tank abilities which will only draw aggro away from the main tank. Is it iljust waifu wars or are there actual benefits to having a tank character on an ATK?

Zeke is an all-rounder like everybody else, except Tora who can't heal reliably.

>every character must exclusively use blades that are the same role as their story blade
Chapter 7 is going to make you have a mental breakdown.

No, that was definitely intended
In jp dub, Rex has lines that call them out. It doesn't make sense for him to mention them if it wasn't intended to engage them on him on the very first playthrough

Not the same user, but i use Kasandra on Rex cuz her Aggro managment and blocking rate plus Mythra healing lets me be quite an effective tank

>Morag is the only Tank character than can change blades.
Yes, HP tanks are pretty fucking pointless because the only Tank that would want them, Tora, can't use blades.
Unless you want to make some meme build out of Rex or Zeke they're pretty much useless.

Just very awkward that you have to put them on Rex to disengage them instead just being able to do it through Zeke/Morag's menu

Characters can play any roles you want user just equip them with the proper blades. Just because zeke has Pandoria doesn't mean he can't be a tank.

>finished story mode
>the hardest boss was literally that stupid Tirkin fight in the factory where you only had access to Rex and Nia while Tora fucked off doing random bullshit

This game has some of the most inefficient menus I have ever seen. So many buttons on the joycon they could bind to different functions in various menus that instead just do nothing so you have to back out of sub-menus and then go into others

Canon relationships are the best

at least best girl didn't get cucked this game

Agreed, Rex really does have an amazing relationship with his true love

Rex is a cuck.

>Chad driver already has two blades
>Wont get a third

;_;7

>Greataxes, hammers, Katana's and knucks have respectable damage and decent physical resistance
>Able to use a bitball for heal party+pot switch on whoever you drive
Wasn't so bad

I had a big dumb smile in my face for days after the the title screen.
I like how they tell you so much with a simple image.

who should I put Electra on, shes cute

Tora's property

No one, she has the shield hammer curse

Put Finch, Electra, and Godfrey on Nia.
Lead with Finch and put that 200% ambush to work

how 2 get heals??

Put healing on rex, morag, or zeke?

>tfw you will never construct you're waifu after failing to get one the normal way

>Tora has poppi
>Still goes after morag
Truly the worst

Why are Noppons the biggest fucking jews
>that quest where one of them is taking 20% of your sent money and sends you to die when all you do is ask who runs the place

Beat the game at 120 hours and Im annoyed at how few overdrives are available. I want to try out all kinds of different set ups like ether cannon nia etc but its just not worth farming 4 crown commons. Oh well, I guess I'm just done with this game

Generic female blades are the ugliest model in the whole game, no wonder they're the most common.

So I'm at the choice in chapter 8 about the name. Is this the one that decides rexs feelings or what? Just lay it out straight.

>Electra
>On Nia
about that... i put her on morag a long time ago because i needed a decent blade on her. I've nearly filled out Nia Mythra and Pyra's charts though, do I get overdrives from those?

>m-mina gambatte..

It does, but in term of actual changes in cutscenes, it is minimal.
Just put yourself in Rex shoes and choose whoever seems to be the most logical.

The game heavily implies that the one you choose is the one Rex actually loves between the two girls.
During the ending, there is a section where Rex and their fused form have a pretty emotional exchange. During that part, Rex addresses her by the name you chose and that name only. Zeke also said to Rex "she's the girl you love" in the singular form in reference to the name Rex is using, something Rex doesn't deny.
Post credits, they come back, but this time Pyra/Mythra now have separate bodies.
Before the cut to black, the girl whose name you chose mouths something to Rex. We never really hear what she says, but the ending song somewhat implies it might be her returning his feelings.

If you don't care about all of that, just pick the one you think fits.

You get overdrives from filling out drivers affinity charts

I was memeing about doing a tank run on Nia. Just fill Electra's chart and forget she exists since she's an hp hammer, don't move her.

Dont do this, seriously shield hammers are terrible, especially on nia and itd be a waste of an overdrive

It doesn't matter. They both are the same person so they both love Rex and the same applies for Rex.

I still don't get to this day why Mythra was there as a choice. Did they just decide that obligatory tsundere needs to be there?

>they're the same person
?

No. That option doesn't mean anything. It's implied that Rex loves both of them and they both love Rex. Just look at Rex's dream. His deepest wish was to live a calm life with Pyra and Mythra.

Some retard from /v/. Ignore.

This game was very rushed and seems unfinished in a lot of ways. I'd like to think they meant for there to be more Rex/Hikari development/H2Hs but they simply ran out of time

>Pyra and Mythra are the same person reeee
>Pneuma is the only true being reeee
>Mythra is just mentally ill and the ending doesn't matter reeee
>No they are not the same reeee
>But twitter said reeee
>I don't know Japanese but the truth is there reeee
>/v/ and reddit think otherwise reeee
>Threesome reeee
>Foursome reeee
>Shitty writing reeee
>Trailer confirms reeee
>Mythra was a mistake reeee

It's time to choose:
strawpoll.me/14874410

It still boggles my mind there isn't a single Heart to Heart between Mythra and Rex and they want us to believe that Mythra's actually a love interest. They must be doing this on purpose.
Why even add a choice if the choice makes no sense at all?

Did Jin and Lora ever kiss or fuck? I thought Micaiah and Sothe from Fire Emblem was odd, but this is extreme.

To pander to people even if it makes no sense. As you can see in this very thread, it works.

Rex will get cucked by Zeke

I primarily use Blade Nia over Driver Nia but I have Ursula on Nia. Feels like a waste just not using her, should I put her on Zeke or Morag?

Because you just casually give a name to Pneuma and it looks like the choice initially wasn't supposed to change the ending or mean shit.

Just to confirm, you can get rares from common cores right?
before i sit here and go through all these trash, want to make sure

Lora seemed uncomfortably close with Shin. So maybe.
Micaiah seduced and groomed a little kid. She's way worse.

I really don't get this threesome nonsense. I mean, if you like Mythra, fine. Pick her. It's your own game. I really don't get this twisting everything in the ending to fit your own headcanon stuff I've been seeing everywhere.

Will we get offical art of Miku?

Does Nia have a tail? I need to know for ... research.

I don't really feel there was even going to be a choice in the first place given the development of the story and the fact that green girl's name defaults to Pyra.

>defaults to Pyra.
No it doesn't

Why did they change names so much in this game? Its as weeb as it gets whats even the point

It does. The fight with Malos uses Pyra's name. From what I heard, the trailer uses Pyra's choice as well.

>Gwamparr...
I want to slap the sound director for letting this girl's voice actor through.

I mean the actual menu where you choose the name defaults to Mythra.

muh puns
whoever translated it has 0 sense of subtlety

Some of the character names in jap sound strange and awkward to native english speakers perhaps. As an example Meleph or Malbenny

I want to slap you for shitting on aussie lolis.

What does that have to do with the fact that Miku uses Pyra's name initially and that the trailer uses Pyra's choice for that scene?

I don't know man I've seen clips of the dub and I doub't they cared that much about the voice acting

Burger audiences can't handle subtlety. Shit always goes right over their heads

>dude lmao lets just give us this villain's entire backstory literally 5 seconds before they die

Can they stop with this? This really isn't going to make me suddenly care about them.

>Oh look! Pyra said something important to Rex! In fact, it's so important we're not going to tell you what she said!

Again, please fuck off with this. I don't know if it's important or not if I don't know what she said.

Was she even an Aussie? She didn't look very Urayan.

which villain are you talking about?

They probably wanted to give Morag a Scottish name since the Empire = Scotland

Is just a name and some people likes Mythra more than Pyra.
Seriously why so many people make a big deal about a simple name.

She's probably part Tantalese like everyone important, but grew up in Uraya, hence the accent. It would explain her skin being as fair as an angel's.

I took the accent for being more Scottish and figured she was Ardainian or something. The way she kinda rolls the r in "Gramparrr" didn't seem very Australian, but it's not like I would really know.

>There are people who unironically played with the dub

>he unironically misses out on battle banter

lmao

Top waifus so far are finch electra and ursula
How can i make a team out of these guys, im at the end of ch 8 and have a handful of other decent rares

>electra
>not superior lightning blade pandoria

Well, I think the name of the girl Rex loves is quite important in the context of the story.

>gramps shitty jap voice
>lack of memes and overly strong accents
>no subtitles outside of cutscenes

>gramps shitty jap voice
Nigga the Gramps dub voice is 10 times worse which if a fucking accomplishment I never thought would be possible

I would play with the sub if it's actually a translation from the Japanese script instead of just the English script plastered over the Japanese voice.

Shes top tier too but its easy to put her on rex or zeke

Just started Chapter 4, I've got a couple of questions for the long run.

Are there bosses that are replayable? I just want an excuse to hear Incoming! in-game more times.
Does sending fodder Blades (fucking robots) to Merc Missions increase my idea levels or am I going to have to equip them for battles anyways?
And lastly, is there a way to unsassign Pyra?

She didn't roll the r at all. It's just a hard r.

A hard r in a word that doesn't even have a r. Accents are silly.