/digi/ - Digimon General

Best Boy Edition.

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory is out now in the West. BEWARE OF SPOILERS!

Previous: >Newest trailer for Hacker's Memory:
youtube.com/watch?v=wQ5PubL30Rc

>Pre-order bonuses details:
withthewill.net/threads/18680

>EU pre-order information
twitter.com/BandaiNamcoDE/status/923807750647373824

>Japanese guide for Hacker's Memory
ha-navi.com/digi-top

>Official English website
bandainamcoent.com/games/digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-hackers-memory

>English version stream
youtu.be/i8mVJD5-7ec

OLD HACKER'S MEMORY NEWS
>Hacker's Memory 20th Anniversary Edition Details
withthewill.net/threads/18582

>Interview with producer Kazumasa Habu
withthewill.net/threads/17634

OTHER GAME NEWS
>New smartphone game "Digimon Rearise" announced
withthewill.net/threads/19752

Digimon Links/z has begun its international roll-out: digimonlinkz-en.bn-ent.net/

Links/z trailer: youtu.be/oajAz5INpoI

ANIME NEWS
Digimon Adventure tri. part 6, "Our Future", is to be released 5th May 2018.

Digimon Universe Appli Monsters has been licensed by Turner Entertainment for global release. No news about an English dub yet.

TOY NEWS
>20th Anniversary V-Pet Pendulum details
withthewill.net/threads/18943

>20th Anniversary V-Pet details
withthewill.net/threads/16945

RESOURCES
>Digimon Linkz Information Base
digimonlinkz.com.br/

>Digimon Links Evolutionary Trees
growlmon.net/

>Cyber Sleuth Digi-Links
pastebin.com/zwdfyvu8

>Digimon World Guides
pastebin.com/W0ZgHnXJ

>Discord link
discord.gg/VtKcGuD

DOWNLOADS
>Hacker's Memory OST [408MB .flac]
mega.nz/#!SctiHYwQ!2ayZPh9K5LUZ8hqNrdwMuDyxbqKq2giW2JSmekQDOBM

>Next 0rder OST [320 .mp3]
mega.nz/#!7U9F3Txb!JeuUBX1myA14eX7yaJOsUj4yewXB6Xl5cEouOfIpOdw

>World 1 OST [192 .mp3]
mega.nz/#!mAFSGJRQ!jqLdrMZ5mP6pEWw0J9ti6_aZ8HSOOx5DM1imFcotKkI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bbwtm0Kr27A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why do I want to get fucked by Ulforceveedramon...

>PlatSuka stats

Shit, I goofed and didn't beat the Fire Wall in the Steam Merchant's den before doing the big Domination Battle.

When will it appear as a Dungeon again?

anyone know how to get to the chest on a little island in kowloon 5? I can't see a path to get to it.

>want to digivolve skullmeramon
>remember demon lords require 80 abi
Shit. Anyone remember how bad elemental experience was? I can't recall if it was worse or better (though I do remember grinding a lot of Lillithmon and Armegemon in Dusk).

Improvise.Adapt.Overcome

>Triceramon's shitty evolutions

I'm MAD. WHAT THE FUCK. I was so excited for this guy but now he's RUINED.

You need to be swallowed by one of the black holes. I think its the one at the end of the first area next to the treasure chest. There will be two exit portals there.

The moment i saw Triceramon's terrible RNG signature, i devolved it immediatly back to Coredramon (Green) and then made it Groundramon.

Censoredmon

>Implying Breakdramon is shitty
You deserve to be beheaded.

Reminder, no matter what version of the game you have, go on social media and ask Bamco to uncensor Noir.

What chapter does HM finally develop a plot of its own and stop being Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead to the first game? I avoided most spoilers, but am unimpressed since 75% of this game seems to just be explaining dumb shit from CS that didn't need to be explained

If I wanted a machine digimon I'd grab one that doesn't hurt to look at, like Machinedramon. I wanted a cool dino digimon to have a cool dino evolution like Spinomon (who isn't in the game, sadly).

After Omegamon appears

Triceramon's default digivolution is a fucking recolour, so he's always going to get shafted sadly. On the bright side at least he has a chance of getting a new more fitting ultimate when they get bored of making Omega/Grey/Blue dog clones unlike Gotsumon and Meramon.

So did they ever announce what we're getting for the 10000 RT campaign or when we're getting the Ryudamon DLC?

>got my free second copy of HaMe from amazon
>its fucking loose in the case
How am I supposed to return it to walmart for $60 like this? Fucking fags
The first copy came in a small box with packaging

>tons of vaccine type digimon I like
>a few data types I like
>barely any virus types I like

FUCKING. I just want a good balanced team, why do almost all of my favorites have to be vaccines???

if its sealed walmart wont give 2 shits if its loose, you can say it was a gift and use that as an excuse for return

because you are a law fag.

Every general gets at least one

Only in America

What "default evolution" that is "a fucking recolor" are you referring to?

Until they patch it.

Forgot to add, at least I can get Blackwargreymon this time around so I don't have to use freaking Lillithmon (she's a great in game digimon but I don't like her and almost felt forced to use her in CS due to the really bad [imo] selection of viruses).

I'm assuming you're talking about the alignment grid law, in which case I generally steer towards neutral good. Fuck lawful.

Just get attacks with the Bug Feature then

No I mean every Veeky Forums general for any game has an autist spamming something

Maybe he's talking about the X-Antibody evolution?

That's... actually a potentially good idea. Thanks user, I'll consider it.

Sorry, I confused Triceramon for Monochromon.

Get better taste.

Shin megami tensei was the first monster raising video game, and starting from II it generally introduced three "routes": law, neutral and chaos. Digimon borrows a lot from SMT (type advantage is just rock paper scissors though)

Is BlitzGreymon in this game?

Because you're a fag since virus has a lot of great mons and data is actually the most shafted type

I don't even get it. The game is packed with almost every notable virus type there is. I don't even know what's left aside from the Millenniummon related Digimon, a few of the OXII, X antibody variations, and I guess a few no attribute Digimon that will end up as viruses like Dark Knightmon. Belial Vamdemon, Boltboutamon and the Commandramon line are all I got other than those.

Surely there's something you like in HM's selection . It has everything from Duke CM to King Etemon to Gran Dracmon

Why are you still talking about this waifubait game?
Real digimon fans play the old games and are satisfied with it.Digimon is in the heart not in the ps4

Been using Zubamon and its evos since the beginning. I just got Duramon and I'm working on redoing my team. Is Duramon/Durandamon worth using? I might replace it.

Thanks, appreciate it.

A moment of silence for what should be the greatest Data type of all.

>chapter 17
>chika tells me she's moving away
>tell her to live with me
>says she'd love to, but her parents would say no

fuck

>I don't like thing!

Man the selection of virus digimon in this game is so shit.

CS is a great game and there's literally nothing wrong waifubait. Akemi-kun is my husband by the way, no homo.

>Man the selection of virus digimon in this game is so shit.
What? Virtually every single good damage dealing digimon is virus type

>people saying virus digimon suck
>not liking grankuwagamon
fucks wrong with you nerds

Most of the other demon lords were pretty damn OP in CS as well. Other than Leviamon and Lucemon SM, all had good potential and with some extra speed, Belphemon RM in particular could potentially outclass Lilithmon. A few others like Titamon and Minervamon were fairly decent as well. It's data types that get the shaft in gameplay, man. Viruses generally have all the OP Digimon, and HM is no different given how Dukemon CM seems to be the new Ulforce meme Digimon for online play

>liking bugs
Digimon would improve a metric fuckton as a franchise if all the bug digimon were removed.

>he want the franchise to die and dont make new games at all
There is a problem with you

what's it like having the shittiest taste?

What digivolves into Goldramon in HM?

Aero V-Dramon I think, as with prior story games. Probably Wingdramon too, but I'm not certain of it

Dude we got most virus, is not like Data and Free than get just a few mons, if you dont like any of the virus in the game you may as well not like virus type at all but only a few exceptions

I've kept myself mostly spoiler free for the new digimon. HOPEFULLY I'll find something that I like.

Most of my issues in CS were I don't particularly like human-ish digimon in general with a few exceptions (which locked me out of more than just virus digimon) and I couldn't use Blackwargreymon because I didn't pre-order the game. I do like Leviamon but I feel weird having multiple of the same element on the team (Plesiomon, which is 100% staying on the team).

At least this time around, I can use BWG and I'm waiting to see what Groundramon's fire virus evo is.

At least I'm not the only one who feels similarly haha

Yeah but I like going with what I like, not what's OP. Part of why I hated using Lilithmon in CS.

I dunno, you tell me.

I dunno you're the one loving bugs so you should tell us

So,what is your guys position on Next order vs cyber sleuth games.Which one is your favorite.

Magnaangemon
Wingdramon

That's all I know.

if I wanted my own comeback I'd scoop it outta your moms twats

Don't lie to me and say you didn't get hyped for that one sidequest with Herakle Kabuterimon and Gran Kuwagamon dueling each other

You heard sidequest man. Appreciating bug wars is a boy's rite of passage

>-kun
You really don't love him and shouldn't call him your husbando, trash.

CS are what diugimon games should be, NO is a no-no

Fuck off trash,go play persona

wrong.

Why can't we have both, and more? I'm still hoping for some kind of action combat or musuo digimon game, but I know neither of those will ever happen.

CS/HM are good games even when the story isnt my type. N0 is only good for being a world game but is the worst of them, the other world games are the best of the franchise

>digimon musou
what?

I'm older and a lot bigger than he is though. It'd feel weird calling him anything else.

As a video game, N0 is a lot more flawed than the CS games. The whole concept of the World games doesn't mesh well with a video game structure

You are older than 40?

You heard me.

>controlling a Digimon that runs around killing mooks
>partner human follows you and you have to defend him/her
>build up your special gauge to use your signature move(s)
>build up another gauge to digivolve
>when you digivolve Brave Heart starts playing

And the mooks could be made to be something that makes sense, like some kind of non-digimon data being that the enemy of the story mass produces, just so you're not wiping out hoards of digimon.

I dunno, that's just off the top of my head so it's probably garbo, but I'd honestly love a Digimon musuo (as long as it doesn't have a shitty roster like Fire Emblem Warriors).

Turning 50 this year.

I would be down for this, I just don't know how fluently it will translate.

Lyn is amazing though

Why is N0 the worst World game? I didn't play the others, but I liked it more than Re: Digitize

And if there's one thing it has over the Story games, its soundtrack blows them out of the water

>action combat

But babe...

youtube.com/watch?v=bbwtm0Kr27A

>just so you're not wiping out hoards of digimon.

But that's literally the point of Digimon like Troopmon and Sealsdramon

He's fucking stupid.Re:digitize plot was absolutely distasteful.

The techs/skills effects and textures were underwhelming compared to digimon world 1 and the training was much more easier

FINALLLY BEAT Hacker's Memory (Hard mode)

>Final playtime: 211 hours

time for pvp and the abyss baybee

What are you picking for your online avatar?

I want a game like Digimon Adventure for PSP. Never got to play that.

And N0's plot was any better?
Not that user but I agree, Re Digitize was miles better than next 0rder
The areas felt more alive, there weren't 50 recruits in every area meaning there was some satisfaction to find some, and most of all, just one partner
Sure it didn't have city building but that was pretty bad on N0

Rape doujins between Slutmon and Ryuji when?

I played it and honestly it was the worst game in the franchise. Even Digimon World 4 was better.

I just like the idea of games based of the stories of each season.

I haven't played it, but something tells me it isn't worse than the mobages

Savers did a good job of that.

I like the idea of games that are sequels to animes, but that didn't work either.

For Raptordramon am I better off with Duramon or Grademon at chapter 8?

Well i just replayed both games this month so is easy to compare
RD human characters arent uselss like the ones in N0, the two other "chosen" of N0 did nothing in the whole game, Mameo was alright but we end the game with his partner plotline being only the introduction (we never knew when he get cured and become a Mamemon or if did that actually happened or the post game fight isnt with his "current" partner)
Then you have the powercurve than dont let you move out of the plains without an Adult, and everything after that being Mega or nothing, so you stay most of your digis lifespam and stages grinding, and the training is boring with the gym being slow and just a "puch a button" or just go and defeat the same enemy over and over for stats
And too many attack are just "trow an energy ball"
I could say more but that is my point
That is true for both games, and remember than they upgraded the graphics for the PS4 N0, the VITA game was awfull and full of glitches, at least RE is ok for the PSP standard, N0 isnt that good for PS4, just compare WarGreymon's Gaia Force from CS to the one in N0, and remember than both games come from Vita first so there is no excuse

The Valhalla server is a strange land, in which red +green= yellow.

Also, dont get me wrong, for me N0 is still the best of the digi games from this era, but only for being a World game, that is just more than anything than a Story game can do

>The areas felt more alive
They were the exact same stereotypical video game locations as in N0, except even more generic, since there wasn't shit like MOD Cape or Bony Resort

>There weren't 50 recruits in every area meaning there was some satisfaction to find some
Not when half of them are redundant shit like "extra storage space" or restaurant workers other than Lilamon fucking you over by appearing instead of Lilamon

>most of all, just one partner
Meh, Re seems to have a higher care issue frequency and depth than N0, especially past the early game since ultimates in N0 don't even need to shit

And most importantly about N0, it gives you ways of learning evo requirements without using a fucking guide like every prior World game

Isn't that how light works?

>plot in the World games
Who gives a fuck?

>Then you have the powercurve than dont let you move out of the plains without an Adult
What?

>and everything after that being Mega or nothing, so you stay most of your digis lifespam and stages grinding
Literally what the fuck am I reading
N0 is the game where you don't spend 75% of it in the gym playing shitty minigames. Do you not understand how to play N0 at all? Did you never find out that an enemy Digimon's stats aren't tied to its level? Did you not learn how to get essentially infinite lifespan?

Dracmon's 100 panic is clutch.

Shit, I did the exact same thing. That fight would have been unwinnable for me otherwise, I was using XV-mon and Dorumon

Post your team so far. also is Coronamon in this game? Lunamon is in it so I'm wondering if he's in the game too.

>Did you not learn how to get essentially infinite lifespan?
I really hate that, i dont want my partner to be alwais the same, i liked how the original even forced you to try specific types to some areas and even to use Nunemon at some point
>N0 is the game where you don't spend 75% of it in the gym playing shitty minigames
In RE you dont really to stay there that long, after two gens you get enough money to get the best of the restaurant (you cannot get Seraphimon in the city until really late and money comes way slower) and your intraing II get enough stats for adults, and a few gens later for pefects
>Did you never find out that an enemy Digimon's stats aren't tied to its level?
I know that, but you usually you cannot do anything until the 1000 stats break point after chapter one and for that you have megas ready, useless you go full autism and go for the ones make for postgame
>plot in the World games, Who gives a fuck?
Well, you are right, i usually dont care either, but as games is still big deal, and you could remove the two other kids from the game and nothing would change

I'll give the requirement shit, that's useful
Everything else, sorta opinion

I liked the areas more on re:digitize despite everything. There's a lot design wise I liked better on N0, but it felt empty because of their sheer size.
Like, I absolutely loved Bony Resort, but the 10 hour climb makes it a pain to traverse

The recruitments being redudant's fine, it's the same way on N0 and DW1 if you go by percentage, it just had a lot more of useless things lying around

That said, I guess it's just opinion, I still found N0 to be much less enjoyable for those things and the difficulty curve, on both versions.