EVE Online General - /eog/

Permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK for PLEXing?
Actually, training 5M of a selection of 20M SP is F2P now, as is playing with the skills listed here:
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/clone-states-the-next-steps/

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then find the Career Agents & run all of their missions. They give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Read the (outdated) /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/yr1SsqMm

>Focus Group Logs:
focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Currently:
>EVE Online: Arms Race
>updated F2P
>Daily Alpha Injectors
updates.eveonline.com/

Past:
>EVE Online: Lifeblood:
updates.eveonline.com/date/2017-10-24/
>Alpha ships re-balanced.. minigames, moonmining, refineries, and more!
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid, pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true).

>previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

koboldadventure.com/)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Archived

and you can stop linking the focus group logs kevin, no active focus groups in ages

>not enduring warp scrambler

is the game dead yet

Coming back after years away. Didn't play more than two weeks. Is it better to pick up where i left off or start a new account?

you don't gain anything by throwing your sp and isk away

>hurr, let's suicide the fleet! it'll be fun!

Coming back to the game. Can anybody update me on the changes made to t3 cruisers? Specifically Tengu?

its shit, use a loki

Tengu is now worse Loki. Loki is by far the best T3C up to a point where you probably shouldn't fly the other unless memeing.

still no loki nerf

Bump.

bellicose

Subject: An open letter
To: All-Out
Concerning: The End, a Retrospective

As you may or may not know, I recently decided to take my leave not only from our corporation, but from Eve in its entirety. This choice was mine and mine alone, and was not directly brought about by the actions or the suggestions of any one member. In the interests of the corporation both you and I hold dear, the following is a small explanation on what went wrong and what went right, so that we may both learn from this event, and so that it may lead to mutual growth.

I hope this message will make its way to the corporation's Discord channel for all of its members to see, unedited and unfiltered, so they may each formulate and voice their own opinion on the subject matter without relying on second-hand information (a topic I'll be divulging into later). I'd send it in-game, but I've already uninstalled, with no intentions of ever redownloading.

I had a lot of fun in All-Out. Far more than I did playing solo. Given, there were boring, contentless moments, and at times the game felt less like a game and more like a meaningless grind against training times, but still, there was enjoyment to be had through comraderie, through theory-crafting and meme-fitting the best or the worst of ships. Wormhole PvE wasn't exactly my cup of tea, but there was still plenty of excitement to go around.

Alas, a series of regrettable decisions concerning the invitation of a few players not even *in* All-Out to the corporation's discord channel, for me, broke the jolly, cohesive mood. I will not be calling out names, yet the introduction of these new, supposedly "experienced" faces, who were unfamiliar with our memes, somewhat ruined part of the atmosphere. They began to bitch and whine and moan and complain whenever a fitting-meme or an inhouse-joke was posted, thinking we were "being dumb" instead of "having fun". (cont.)

Granted, sometimes, legitimate mistakes were being made. Nobody's perfect. But that doesn't excuse them for being so abrasive as to hound down any signs of fun to replace it with autism and anger, as though they could not comprehend how things like "How high can shield regen go?" can be a blast to discover. No, instead they had to autistically screech and actively disrupt our discourse, despite it having no effect on them whatsoever. For example: when we were having a jolly discussion on meme passive shieldregen titans, one of them just *had* to butt in and start spamming pyfa-screenshots of ancillary shield boosted supercapitals, and how they could rep even higher.

Well, duh, but that wasn't the point of the conversation. There were many such occasions where they grossly misunderstood our intentions, and ruined completely harmless and civil, joking discussion. Perhaps they were not used to pleasantness as opposed to constant shitflinging, or maybe they just hated seeing people have fun. Either way, this brought the general mood down considerably, and was one of my main reasons for quitting.

If you can't joke around, then the entire game turns into a second job. This may be enjoyable for some people, but not for me. Fucking around with unorthodox fittings and seeing whether or not they actually work out in the heat of combat was one of my favorite activities. And for a while, I did just that, and everything was fine. All fun and games, until those same people that decided they needed to come into our discord and started circlejerking their own dicks while telling us how "bad" we were began to comment on our playstyle. (cont.)

Now, that wouldn't have been a problem if their critique was helpful, if they knew what happened instead of making dumb guesses and throwing around wild accusations, or if they, at the very least, understood what the entire point of the fight they were criticizing was.

If you look at a fight between two T1 cruisers, and then go "you would have won if you brought a T3C instead ;)" that's not really helpful information. Worse yet, if you make a dumb remark like that, and defend it to death from all sorts of rationalization, while getting backed up by the other people who are part of your "clique", yet not part of All-Out, then that breeds an "us versus them" mentality in the guise of "we're helping", despite not being helpful in the slightest.

This was made worse by the fact that the unwarranted, unhelpful antagonization was seemingly endorsed by the person in charge, who then went on to scold actual members of All-Out for sticking up for themselves, for fighting back when getting picked on by the meta clique not even in the corp. That was the straw that broke the camel's back, for me.

Note that this is *not* just about the discussion of that last fight. This is a problem that has been ongoing ever since the foreign elements were introduced to All-Out's cultural ecosystem. Their poor reasoning that bars any kind of fun has seeped into the game itself. (cont.)

Yesterday, for example, I showed off a Vexor Navy Issue that had been sitting in Jita for a month or two seeing no use. I proposed to use it as a close-range brawler, where its exceedingly low inertia would allow it to maintain a high velocity while orbiting at close range, making tracking it or hitting it with missiles a bunch harder. Its two neuts could make life hard for many'a cruiser.

A perfectly reasonable strategy for All-Out prior to the metaclique invasion. Fun to fly, reasonably effective, can get the job done somewhat well. Of course not necessarily a 1v1 solo ship by any means. We tested it out, and even when webbed, it could barely be scraped. Then, came the argument: "But what if you're up 1v1 against a battleship and you get webbed and then neuted? You'll die after a minute when your capacitor runs out!"

And if I try to take on a titan in a battleship, I'll probably lose too. This is the kind of twisted metaclique "arguments" that made having a civil discussion nigh-impossible on the discord server, only this time they had made it into the game itself. It's one thing to let immigrants into a town, despite them shitting in the streets. It's a whole other thing for the mayor of the town to scrape the shit off the floor, eat it, regurgitate it, and then puke it out on my doorstep. (cont.)

Note that all that I have said here is my opinion and my interpretation of what has happened. Playing around with you guys was a lot of fun, until the diehard hardcore videogame players™ came in (not even into the corp, just into the discord), were taken serious, and ruined any ounce of enjoyment that may have been had.

Even in victory, they found ways to be pessimistic and basically be jerks to everyone. And if you dared to stand up against them, you'd be the one to get scolded. That's not something I will stand for, and I implore you to reconsider your reasoning behind letting them stay (despite demoting a director for inviting one of them in the first place, which had already lead to bad things).

While the choice is ultimately yours, and you may do as you please, I fear for the safety and the future of All-Out if you keep drifting away from fun, and towards performance-driven "gameplay". "Just another soulless corporation" has a bad ring to it.

In the end, you may do as you will. I have voiced my opinion via this open letter (which you may consider a letter of resignation), and I will no longer be around to support you in your whacky endeavours. Since All-Out is what made the game fun for me in the first place, I will no longer be playing it as a whole. Thank you for having me, and I hope that All-Out can return to its former glory after this period of turmoil.

See you, space cowboys.

P.S.: a few personal callouts
-Avada, thank you for trying to stick up to them. The way that particular discussion went down was unjustified. You were, in my opinion, the most knowledgeable and skilled member around. I will never forget that time you saved my Rattlesnake with a griffin.
-Frint, thank you for finding literally all of the content in wormhole space. I should have given my Astero to you instead of putting it in the corp hangar.
-Kellen, you have cute doggos. Pet them daily, or I'll find out where you live and do it for you.
-Euri, you have a damn nice voice. Start a radio show or something. Treat Tengu-chan well.
-Satori, you were a pretty good leader, although I disagree with your more recent policies. Without you, All-Out wouldn't have been made great in the first place. Thank you for that.
-Heimrich, 1488 heil Heimrich
-Smonk, HGScout, the other new guys whose names I can't remember: inject into a Tengu. It's the most fun you can have in the game.
-Everyone in the nsfw channel: feel free to add me on Discord if you want to see the rest of that picture series I was posting.
-Midona, Zira, Dane: fuck you.
-Everyone else: goodbye.
-Mandatory Kobold Adventure plug (koboldadventure.com/)

--END_TRANSMISSION--

Oh right, and Egon: you were the most fun.

byebye brainlet

Kill yourself dumb fucking furfag. I hope you perforate your colon with one of your dragon dildos.

about two years ago I was in all-out and I left because of the constant sexual harassment of senior members of Oruze cruise

#metoo

That was the dumbest thing I have read, gj!

didnt make the hitlist, feels good

>tfw satori wouldn't let me stick around long enough to make the hitlist

>tfw didn't get called out in the furries delusional rant
wew.lad

btw lucario, you did exactly what everyone predicted you to do, not be able to take criticism, blame everyone around you, be the biggest drama queen you could and leave the corp. Fyi avada only left the discord.

everyone's happy you left
literally being celebrated with dunks and good times
nobody cares about your literally who shit tier opinions, you will be forgotten in a week
your leave has made all-out stronger as a unit
never come back

You don't know shit about to game stop pretending.

Join All-Out Today, now 87% less gay.

P.S. Yiff in hell furfag, this is where you belong

One less furry, one less credit card warrior, and one less "I can be as retarded as I want to be!" pilot.

Good.

Good thing you weren't a retard and wasted a bunch of money buying plex with patreon income to inject a random, shit skill spread. Especially considering that you dropped the game entirely so it would have been wasted money. That would been embarrassing! Its thankful that didn't happen.

>be pseudo queer heteromollusc full blown furry degenerate faggot
>start playing eve
>spend cash on plex
>inject to tengu with less than a week of playtime
>fly tengu shitfits
>get told you are retarded and be given proper advice
>ignore advice
>start shoving dildos up your ass to give yourself a artificial shock value among the community like a common slut
>pretend you know more than everyone else
>act smug about everything even while doing nothing of value
>act like you own the place and rank higher than the oldest veterans in the corp
>lose shitfit tengu like a goddamn brain dead retard
>buy the same shitfit instantly again, against proper well constructed advice
>le already replaced smug face, you can't stop me lmao
>I'm just having fun, even tho my corp has to constantly worry about my actions
>continue to ignore advice
>continue to act smug and not do anything of value
>continue shoving dildos up your ass
>half the corp hates you by now
>"haha I'm just feeding off le hate and I love it yiff yiff"
>wooooooooooooooow why does everyone hate me, I'm leaving corp everyone notice me, *drama drama* look at me, I'm a giant degenerate
>sir, your credit card bill is 300 dollarydoos

goodbye, forgotten in a week

>being unfriendly

Why is it a problem if they buy plex and welp shitfits?

>m-muh killboard

It's almost as if consequences have actions.

Because in a "MMORPG" like EVE you really depend on others not fucking up

>making up drama out of thin air because your dead corp never does anything

Hello Wingspan, better luck with the next week's timer.

anyone coming in on Tue for the big autism party in Cloud Ring?

Doesn't sound like he was that useful in the first.
>there are people that worry about corp killboards outside lowsex piratefag corps.

Is it better for new players to find corps in game or are the corps from this thread safe?

Whatever you do, don't get stuck in corps you don't like. There are many different corps out there, and not every one of them is according to everyone's taste.

Most players who quit this game quit it because they end up in a corp they dislike. Try to find like-minded dudes.

join sergaljerk, the premier reddit furry friendly alliance

Join all-out

thanks I'll keep that in mind
who do i contact just apply in game?

Contact Super Hana. I'll be up for like 10 minutes longer so if you want in tonight, do make it quick.

We only have all-out here, which isn't a /eog/ corp more like a corp with some posters from here
More over the autistic rant posted above is from all-out so take that as you might.

Really though just try a corp, don't be an asshat and then just switch corps if you don't feel one suits you

Is there anyone on between 3 hours before snd an hour after downtime?

I can't guarantee a director will be online at that time tomorrow, but we have some AU/EU coverage so it's not impossible. Either way if you're keen to join, just drop the app, it'll get processed eventually if you don't have shit taste in waifus.

/eog/ arbitrator roam when

>that newbro in comms who asks a question and then proceeds to argue with everyone

Tfw so spooky it can only be measured in NEGATIVE egon eyebrows.

All-Out
more like
All-Gay

was that supposed to be funny

hehehe
-high five-
>armor machariel

>tfw I'd join them if they had a more subtle nane

errr buddy, ALL-OUT is the premier reddit furry (corporation)

post the choice shit of the stuff they got in that discord channel in an imgur and we'll see

>tfw you will never feel your CNS be connected to Tengu-chan